Is 405 lb deadlift respectable?

Is 405 lb deadlift respectable?

>fiji water

Why do you pay $4 for tap water?

Weight? Height?

Considering I can't do one, sure

Not OP but is 4pl8 +10lbs good for 5'8 175lbs?

how many reps?

405lbs(it's in the OP), 8.5 inches from the ground

No, it's fine, it's not embarrassing, but it's not respectable.

Was just about to post this.

>tfw newfag
>today is diddly day
>all I have for lunch is 10oz teriyaki beef

Most DYELs in my gym can DL 405 with no problem. It's not a lot of weight......sorry to burst your bubble little guy.

this

His weight, not the bar.

> (OP)
>Most DYELs in my gym can DL 405 with no problem. It's not a lot of weight......sorry to burst your bubble little guy.

Do you live in rural Alabama or something ? Most juice heads at my gym can't DL 3 pl8s let alone 4

Ye dude. Wouldn't feel bad about that

>people desperately trying to shit on the OP

I've never seen anyone deadlift that much at any of the YMCA's I've been to. Hell most I've ever seen in person is maybe two and a half. Mad jelly OP.

how about 120kg (265lb) romanian deadlift? (4x8)

What's the point of lying to people like that to spread misinformation. Ive maybe seen one person in my entire life going to gyms that could pull 405 for reps. Unless you are at a powerlifting gym or something.

I wasn't talking about the bar, that's only 45lbs

Are you a giant?

Of course

>PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
The shorter you are the harder deads are, the taller you are the easier they become.

Loaded bar, w/e. Was asking about his stats either way

>manlets overcompensating

no, about 5ยด9 manlet

>what is physics
retard confirmed, if you are taller you need to lift the bar higher to reach lockout which means spending more energy

Have seen only 2 people at my gym deadlift that much in a whole year.
Either you're in some elite gym, or lying on the internet

>add a longer path of travel makes it easier
>add a worse leverage point makes it easier

???

that just means you're at a shitter gym

He's half right. It's not height that's important, rather your limb length. People with long arms / legs are advantageous at diddlies

I have no prob admitting that

You got that backwards, dipshit.

Nope, most lanklets arms are much longer relative to their size as compared to manlets. They may be shorter but the bar has to travel farther

No he didnt

Yes he did

>im 6'1 and benched over 315 natty with a pause

man you fags are excuse making shitters that would rather argue about arbitrary shit instead of lifting

No, it's shit. The best deadlift at your weight class in the world is over 315kg.

U are wrong

I'm very surprised at this. It seems like most people who work out really don't go for any sort of progressive overload at all, if that's the case. My gym isn't a dedicated powerlifting gym by any means, but it is full of people who are fairly serious about their lifting, including some power lifters, some bodybuilders, and some lifers, and it's very common for me to see men deadlifting 3 plates for sets of 8-12 and I would estimate about 10% of us deadlift 4 plates for reps and a few more deadlift 5 or more. It seems odd that you've never seen people at regular gyms lift that much, but I guess it's a reflection of the fitness culture in your region.

i just bought it once for the bottle and i just refill the bottle.
I like the flowers and the square design

Is 185 good for a 120lb 5'10" hungry skeleton?

Yep. Anything over 3pl8 in my opinion. I've worked out at a number of college gyms and you rarely see people doing more than that. Very rarely if you bar obvious roiders

Lanklets have longer arms making diddlys easier.
Bench is where they fail.

that's a lot of volume man...

on nu/fit/ only 2/3/4/5 is respectable

No

for normies and most gym goers, yea
for fit, no. Everyone on here deadlifts 7 pl8 and OHPs your mum.

>tfw only 225 deadlift at 5'9 140 lbs
Life is suffering I want 3pl8

m8 I just hit 225 last week

yes, but if you romanian 120 then you should be deadlifting well over 4pl8. Romanian is a good assistance exercise but you gotta make sure you have a lot of control and tension. I DL close to 5pl8 for max, but only do 100 kg for romanian 3 x 10

I only been lifting for about 2 months, I had trouble with 1pl8 starting lol

Then you're a pussy who doesn't try hard lmao

I've been lifting for about two months but I've only been using a program for 3 weeks.

Why?

How long does it take to reach 4pl8?
It's been a year so far and i can do 3pl8 for 3 reps.

how good is 315 at 5'9" @140lbs?

good point friendo, really got me there

>height 5'9
>wingspan 5'9
>best lift according to symmetric strength is the deadlift
hmm...

haahahaha you're 69" tall

im not judging you, that's a pretty bottle, but i dont think it's meant to be reused buddy

It means you lift. It's respectable AND improvable.

This is a shit thread. There's one faggot going through calling everyone a pussy because they don't estat as hard as him, and a bunch of newbie lifters asking legitimate questions about deads.
4pl8 is respectable. For most people that's double your bodyweight or more. 2pl8 or 2.5pl8 is what you see most normies doing, if you've progressed to that as a hungry skelly then keep it up, you're progressing well. 3pl8 is good, but not if you plateau there.
Romanian deads are a great accessory but don't go for Max weight on them because they're a also a great way to injure yourself.

The most I've seen someone diddly in my gym was 405 and the guy was like 6' 8'' and fucking huge. So yeah you're probably good.

thanks pretty much what I thought
t. hungry skeleton

Bench press, yes

>tap
fiji is natural spring water and has a higher ph
it tastes better than tap water

Yea most normies at my LA fitness are at 2-3 pl8, mate. Where's your gym?

Water doesn't have a taste retard.

It's ok, nothing amazing but on the upper end of what you would see in a normie gym.

>tfw I see someone doing 5 pl8 for reps

>tfw you join a PL club and spot 270kg EQ board presses on your first week
And that's when I knew I could never go back to a normie gym again

>PL gym
>everyone is stronger than me
>eventually get up to speed (2 years)
>have to lift in commercial gym when out of state
>mires on my average lifts
feels good

is that you chadlex

the shit in the water does

>get a filter
>no shit in your water
wow that was difficult

Not necessarily. My dl is only 190kg, yet I can pull 120kg 4x8 RDL after some heavier vanilla diddlies. I think it's mostly due to me being very slow off the floor, and the first two three inches drain the fuck out of me. I can 5pl8 power shrug a set of 5 or go for 10+ touch&go reps at 160kg, yet 4 vanilla reps at 160kg is just impossible.

>thise hexa shit plates

rip your shins

Hoe about 455lbs @ 5'6 195lbs (bulk that spiraled into dreamer bulking when I got married, dropped from 240lbs to 190 so far)

I've been able to do this weight at 160lbs

Maybe it's just my uni but this is average for most of the guys at my gym. Saw this big asian fuck repping 6pl8 and everyone just stopped and watched.

I have a filter and guess what? my water tastes better!

You just btfo'd yourself there m8.

You mean your water has less taste dumbass.

Not the same poster but if he likes the shit in the water why would he use a filter? Stop autismposting.

It's all just water familam. There's going to be stuff in it regardless of a filter, so if the stuff in it tastes better than other stuff that might be in it then guess what? the water tastes better.

I never saw someone deadlift that much weight at my gym. I barely see someone deadlift or squat. The most I saw someone deadlifting was 80 Kg and 60 Kg squat.

What the fuck???
how retarded can it get

The less shit in the water, the more refreshing it is. Water doesn't have a taste.
The garbage put in it does.

M8 it's water whether there's shit in it or not you're just arguing semantics

Yeah, and water has no taste. Whats your point?

What a meme

It's respectable in almost any commercial gym yes.

It's perfectly respectable, OP. Anything over 315 is, really.

They also have longer everything else too, dumbfuck

I can't tell if you're pretending to be retarded or not.

And? That doesn't help when it comes to bench where the circumference of your ribcage is what makes a difference

Not really. It's stronger than average but it's not a high number. 5pl8 is respectable, 250 kg is objectively good if you're under 100 kg.

500lb is respectable

405 is ok

How would one pretend water doesn't have a taste when it's fact?

DELETED THIS

You know I see this being said all the time and maybe in theory it's easier due to the length of the levers involved but man I'm 6'4" and the bottom half of the deadlift is fucking killer. In a typical stance my shins and knees knock the bar around and if I lean back to avoid the collision now the bar is so far ahead of my center that the lift is busted.

im going to a commercial gym in germany (name is High5)

theres 2 flat benches, 1 decline and 1 incline bench, 2 squat cages and 1 squat rack

the rest is machines, free benches for your dumbbell exercises, "functional strength" stuff like medicine balls, bands and other toys

first of all you almost never see someone squatting, if they are then most probably they

>use the pussy pad
>dont reach proper depth (breaking parallel)
>are squatting in the smith machine
>all of the above

very rarely i see someone squat in the cage for more than 1plate and reach proper depth

ohh and diddlys, i see them even more rarely. theres this turkish old guy who benches 70kg everytime he goes there for months now and he also does 1plate diddlys with atrocious form (snapcity back)

squat and diddly above 1plate is very rarely seen in my gym in general. im currently at 2plate and my buddy has almost reached 3plate.. the mires we get lol

last evening there was a pajeet i noticed him while glancing around, seeing he was going complete atg while warming up his squat

didnt see his working sets

later on we were besides each other and i noticed he was diddling 130kg, i only saw the weight on the bar tho when he was putting back the plates so i didnt actually see him do the reps. he looked fit tho, i was impressed.

that was the story of my gym