How long did it take you to hit 2/3/4/5?

How long did it take you to hit 2/3/4/5?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BOZ9TENBwhq/?taken-by=louisjoecalvert
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is 2/3/ possible for the average person?

bro i dont think theres more than 5 people on this whole board that can 2/3/4/5

It definitely is. I saw and old guy and his son do hardcore powerlifting. The dad did 3 pl8 and his son did 130 kg for 1 rep.

1,8/3/4/5 took me bout three years
92-94kg bw

The average person is a skinnyfat weakling who doesn't even lift. So, no, not really.

And you're right, that includes most posters on Veeky Forums who wandered in from /mlp/ or wherever.

But there are also people here who are actually strong and my question is for them.

Impressive. What's your height? I'm tall with long arms and they're the the only thing holding me back from pressing 2 plates overhead (though I can do 205 with shitty form).

6'0
Yea 2pl8 ohp is a bitch
Also stalled at around 205, then i kinda stopped doing them frequently

78kg / 115kg / 155kg / 195kg.. Almost here.

93kg, 3 years lifting.

I'm a average person, btw.

>It definitely is.
>average person
no it isn't lol

everyone saying its not possible, go look at /plg/. literally dozens of people with 3/4/5. most of them have average genetics and ~3 years training

stop giving yourselves glass ceilings and maybe you'd achieve something too

3/4/5 is easy, 2pl8 ohp is not

That's not even close to almost there though.

3/4/5 yeah, but 2 plate OHP is much more impressive than that, due to delts being smaller and thus needing more proficiency / focused training to be employed correctly.

different person
wierdly the ionly one out of them I can do is 2 plate OHP, I can bench 130kg for 1 but never DL 4 or squatted 3 plates lel

if you can OHP 2 plate and cant bench more than 130 kg you're push pressing or doing a lean-back incline bench

so yeah, your 2 plate "OHP" translates to a 75-80 kg strict press

its no proportional to 3/4/5 but its not impossible either. its not a comp lift so no one in /plg/ focuses on it

go to /owg/ and I assume tons of people can strict/push press 2pl8+

instagram.com/p/BOZ9TENBwhq/?taken-by=louisjoecalvert
I think its pretty strict, you tell me

The 130kg bench was after 4x8 on 100kg and 1 rep of 120kg so I may be able to do more

I can't strict OHP 2 yet. Push press yes,but I want to get the proper OHP as well.

Impressive

yeah that's legit, gj on the elite lift. I guess you could really get another 20+ kg on your bench if you focused more on it via e.g. PL programming
of course. I'd reckon that people in /owg/ who have strong overhead numbers have a bit higher bench/OHP ratio than the usual ~0.65 as they never binch

About 2 years, haven't gotten 2pl8 OHP , don't even press that much cause I'm a fat fuck and it makes me light headed.

Squat was easiest and quickest, then dl.

OHP/Bench-Ratio is probably what you mean.

yeah my bad, of course OHP being the smaller one kek

Oh man...
1 plate per side on a 45 lbs bar = 135 (60kg)
2 plate = 225 (100kg)
3 plate = 315 (140kg)
4 plate = 405 (180kg)
5 plate = 495 (220kg)
6 plate = 585 (260kg)

I miscalculated everyting by 20kg :-D

Guys, please use kilos.

The second day at the gym

90% of this board is americunts, so might as well get used to the fucked up, retard way of weight measurement

It took me less than 2.5 years of lifting to hit 3/4/5.

This. If you can't do this in about 2 years you don't actually lift you do cardio and tone like a woman. Would be just as useful to do yoga. You need to eat more and lift heavier.

It took me 2 months to get 5 plate deadlift and 4 plate squat 2plate bench and 1 plate ohp.

Weight?
Height?

Been lifting 1.3 years, 80kg
Currently at 1.1/2.2/3.8/3.8

I'm still making good progress and someone who didn't make the mistakes I did could go faster.

So I'd say 2/3/4/5 will take me another year as Bench and OHP are the hard ones and they both help each other.

So 2.5 years~

I don't think 2pl8 strict ohp is, but 3pl8 bench certainly is possible.

80-83 kg 6ft

>progress is linear
>1.1 ohp to 2 in a year

you're gonna have a hard time there lad

Doing 1.2/2.7/4/4 as of now. Took about a year of dedicated diet and progressive loading, but i do 5setx12reps and dont progress in weight until it become fluid and natural at that weight level. Just keep progressing, even if slowly. If you are DYEL mr.skeltal, FUCKING EAT

2pl8 OHP probably not
3pl8 bench probably for about half of men

I'm currently 275 lbs. with a bench, squat and deadlift of 315, >405, 515.
Tonight, I test the my final PR (Squat). Then, I'm going to cut my weight down to 225 lbs. and try to maintain a 315 bench, 405 squat and 495 deadlift. I've until my 30th birthday in August. This will fulfill my autism.

I started at 422 lbs. almost 3 years ago.

>5x12
How often do you do you pull 4pl8 5x12? Do you take 30 minute rests? This sounds ridiculous

>cutting 50lbs in 4 months while maintaining muscle
gl

1,5/3/4/4,5 in 18 months of 5/3/1
96kg bw

>18 months of 5/3/1
Is this from point zero or after SS/SL or something else?

have been lifting for 4.5 years, haven't hit any of them.
still like lifting though.

when I was born.

I am literally at 1.75/2/2.5/6

I don't know why my bench is so fucking awful.
I do know why my squats suck, I don't do them often enough.

2/3/3.9/5

180lbs, (81kg), lifting for like 4 years with a semester or two skipped. I only got into more of a strength routine recently.

Hoping for 4 pl8 next week on 5/3/1

zero, slavic genetics allowed me to squat 2pl for reps on 1st day

You don't add the weight of the bar you noob

low quality bait