Explain to me why i shouldn't buy an

explain to me why i shouldn't buy an

- adjustable dumbbell set
- doorway pullup bar
- adjustable bench

and workout from home instead of getting a gym membership and having to make a commutie every other day

No squats, no deadlifts. Yeah good luck looking good dyel.

I did just that, I just cant get motivation to keep going to the gym but since I bought some dumbbells and a pullup bar I've been exercising regularly and actually get hyped for it every time

This is what I do. You don't even need a bench, pressing off the floor is safer on the joints.
look up goblet squats

rack + adjustable bench + bar + free weights + doorway pullup bar

Because you could get a bar for cheap on Craigslist.

You will reach a point where those dumbells are too light for some of your lifts.

You will end up spending a lot of money on weight plates and a decent barbell to handle them if you actually want to get strong.

If you just want normie strength and average gains then you're fine with what you suggest.

space is an issue, not really going to be comfy if i have to make room for a rack + bar

goblet squats are not a substitute you dyel moron

>it's an OP asks for advice and gets assmad when he doesn't get the answers he wants thread
What's the point?

if his goal is strength then yeah, but you can get near natty limit (except maybe posterior chain) easily with dumbbells only

look up time under tension for bodybuilding OP. Got to ripped/athletic mode with one adjustable db set up to 50 kg

Yeah I just have a cheap old bar and a good selection of weights. No bench or rack, theres lots of alternative exercises that negate the need for all the kit.

You don't need either of those to look good

How much weight do you think a grill would need for normie strength and gains?

here's a few essentials I did:
>chest
DB floor press
flies
>shoulders
1 hand DB shoulder press
1 hand DB push press (circus press)
db arnold press
>bis
db hammer/concentration/regular curls
>lats
db rows with varying grips
db pullovers
(pullups)
>quads
split squats
lunges etc.
>core
db side bends (no idea how they're called)
straight leg diddies with light weight
>calfs lel
" raises

they are if you don't want huge t-rex legs and a fucked up spine

i've made one post since creation:
please don't post on Veeky Forums if you don't understand the nature of Anonymous posting, thx!

and what's left, possibly weighted crunches given non-fuckup form and leg raises

more than enough for bodybuilding given proper execution and watching your time under tension

I don't think a girl would go ever over 30kg on their heaviest dumbell movement (probably rows).
And a total of 60kg for deadlifting with barbell would be plenty.

Obviously this is normie tier body we're talking. You won't get to instawhore levels with it.

girl probably wouldn't even go beyond 25 kg if she really watches form, iirc my first set I bought was 25 kg in total and I later bought 10 kg plates etc.

I got 26" (27" bulk) lean t-rex quads by lightweight split squats alone, 17.5" arms at peak too (18.5" bulkmode)

I agree with squats but desu you don't need deadlifts to look good.

Just admit you're afraid to go to the gym.

tbhfam I got to looking more aesthetic than most in CBTs just with DBs/bw basics alone. As long as diet is right and there is volume overload in form of more time under tension / superset autism it's fine

this + a dip station and you're pretty set
legs will be tricky but do lots of 1 leg deadlifts and bulgarian split squats

Dumbbell bench presses are much better for building your chest than barbells.

>>chest

decline pushups, weighted push ups, dips too

barbells allow you to use small increments of weight, and progressig that weight as natty is the best way to get strong and big. dumbells are limited to larger weight jumps so when you stall trying to increase the weights is much harder

there's no good options for either legs or total body strength either (squats, DLs, cleans, snatches)

just do a calisthenics routine. that shitty equipment will most likely to almost nothing for you and if you can't be bothered to commute to a gym you'l almost certainly quit in a few months anyway and you don't want to waste money on the equipment

yeah but not floor presses, as one user itt is suggesting
the reason dumbbells are good is because of constant tension, whereas if you're pressing from the floor there is no tension at the bottom

This thread really makes me want to kill myself

oh chill out you drama queen
A set of dumbbells which you can make relatively heavy (say 100kg) is a fine way to build muscle
fuck off

>dumbells are limited to larger weight jumps so when you stall trying to increase the weights is much harder
nah, you can buy "olympic dumbbells" where you can use olympic plates

yeah these too I forgot about them
an adjustable db set is (comparatively) super cheap
bench would be better, but given the other accessories I had no problem with underdevelopment in chest.

off topic: Scooby has some pretty neat ideas for the approach OP wants to take, I think back in the days I did the stuff I suggested in my list I got plenty of inspiration off his channel

hurr durr but muh rippetoe says

I'm BB strength training these days because it's fun, but DBs are more than enough for bodybuilding which is quite obvious. Another pro is lesser chance of injury

even 100 kg is excessive if your only goal is to build muscle.