Hey Veeky Forums I got out of the gym a couple years ago and got invited by a random qt to a christian young people...

Hey Veeky Forums I got out of the gym a couple years ago and got invited by a random qt to a christian young people gathering. Met a insanely hot/nice grill and asked her out. Anyway, I'm an atheist and can't stand the bullshit that's spoken every Sunday in church, we are now engaged and getting married next year. How do you deal with the hour long speech without smirking and making disgust faces?

Also to keep it fit related, name a better cardio/endurance exercise than burpees. Answer: you can't.

"frontal thigh muscle"
jesus fucking christ

Have you tried being a grown ass man and dealing with it like both an adult, and a caring fiance would do?

If you didn't want to go to church why would you decide to marry a Christian girl? That's kind of a thing they do a lot.

Why is your marriage planned a fucking year away?

>actually doing burpees

Fuck of, crossfit.

>breast muscles

She has good values, likes to exercise, eat clean, smart. Basically my dream girl. She knows I go to church only for her. But it's hard to keep a serious face when all I wanna do is call out the preacher for spreading crap.

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

>Why is your marriage planned a fucking year away?
>
I have the money, why wait so much?

Stop being a self-important prick.
Problem solved.

Just think of church as your "good wife tax".

Get over yourself.
When at church admire the architecture - that is if you're in an actual church!
Yes their bullshit is borderline retarde, and imaginary friends should have fucked off at age ten or so.
But your opinion isn't all that much better. You're on Veeky Forums after all.

Swimming is better than burpees.
It will also help you if you fall in the sea.

Convert Islam.
They'll love you for it.

>at least she isn't a Jew

Maybe view the stories as lessons rather than fact. Learn to see religion as a moral compass if nothing else, and accept the fact that you're going to have to learn to live with it if you want to keep your woman. Just remember that you're doing it for her.

Let a better man take care of her

>religion is retarded
ok sure mr edgy teen, thats why there have been multiple genius philos that believe in god...

It's your wedding, do whatever you want. However, if you can't control yourself, I don't think you are ready to be married.

you're going to get divorced.

if you don't share the same values with the person you're with, especially one as important as religion, you're going to get divorced.

call off the marriage. i'm not even fucking with you. if you're already begrudgingly doing something that is THAT important to her, it's already over.

Nigger it's only one hour a week, stop being such an obnoxious fedora tipper and learn to zone out and daydream during church like at least 50% of the other people there

Pro tip: you're not a special snowflake, there are lots of people who go to church for the community/waifus despite not believing in God

I disagree here. I think if OP has really found a woman that is this great he should put in the effort to make the most of the one bad thing about his situation.

Religious women who go to church regularly statistically have a far far lower divorce rate than atheist women, just saiyan

religion and politics are deal breakers in any relationship. how many muslims do you know who are married to christians? liberals to conservatives? it doesn't work, especially if it's ingrained in the family too.

if fitness is the most important thing in your life, how likely are you to marry and STAY married to someone who's overweight and unhealthy and plans on keeping it that way?

Ask for a work schedule in which you work sundays. If not just grow the fuck your, she'll appreciate the fact that you go with here, but most likely, ultimately her goal is for you to convert

Women are basically an empty vessel to be filled tho, happily married women invariable start to mirror their husband's personality, political views and culture even if they don't want to

Have a friend call in a bomb threat part way through so you don't have to listen to it the whole time

have you tried realizing that infinity extends in all conceivable directions, thus making eternity an absolute certainty, that there are likely infinite dimensions beyond our perception, infinite microuniverses stored within each cell of the body, and that all space and time has led up to this miraculous moment where you exist in human form to experience the greatest of all virtues and the entire reason for existence - love - with another human being, thus making your perceived apprehension of the total nature of things laughable at best and more than likely just a philosophical manifestation of the dunning kruger effect

>tfw euphoric because of my faith in Jesus Christ

Nigga just pretend you're at a book club or watching a movie.

Do you stop a film every two seconds to call it out for being unrealistic

>tfw can't watch the walking dead because muh who's cutting the grass in the zombie apocalypse meme

Find a better church, the one I go to with my wife has a preacher that gives a good life lesson and motivational talk during the service and even if you aren't into Jesus and all that the meaning behind it remains

> edgy

They think a guy walked across water. How is that not retarded?

Because God isn't human. God made humans after his own image, implying he isn't one. If you hate religion so much read the Bible or any other religious text and give a good reason to other than 'it's silly'.

Same way I got through years of faggot studies lectures at university; by spacing out and doodling.

Try being enlightened by your own intelligence, not her phoney God, and leave your fedora at home that day champ.

>especially one as important as religion
Uh huh
>religion
>important
Pick one

Total faggot.

Get over yourself.

You want the values, the girl without practicing them.

Taker,

you really are a piece of shit. just letting you know

If you never reveal your power level in the face of opposition it'll never increase

ITT: americunts try to explain eurofags why god is real

>protip: you can't cus god is ded

I really don't see the issue.

My fiance is Christian and she doesn't try to make me go to Church. She knows that I have my own spiritual ideas and identity and she doesn't try to force hers on me. We respect each other's differences and agree to disagree on the grounds that values and ethics are more important than one's cosmological worldview. IE being a good person is more important then whether you believe in the same God.

It is to those who are religious. The sentiment you express is the exact reason this union is ill-fated.

I can speak to my chink online gf using my voice despite being 102819 miles away from her. Why the fuck can't someone walk on water?

Careful with that edge m8. You sound like a man child who needs to mature a little bit more. You will still make it if you be a little humble.

Also, swiming, rucking, and kettle bell snatches put burpees to shame. Who actually does burpees for cardio anyway?

>who's cutting the grass in the zombie apocalypse meme
The zombies eat it for fibre like cats.

Blessed are the humble, for they shall inherit the earth

See if you can go to a Unitarian church. Unitarians are like, no joke, 40% agnostic.

But then again, if the partner is atheist the divorce rate is propably higher than it would be with christian/christian or atheist/atheist

agree except for
>- love - with another human being
it should be love itself or love of/for God;I think human love is just a taste of what ultimate love is

>don't visit Veeky Forums for a month because fed up of all the non-fitness threads
>come back today and it's worse than ever

Why did I think anything would change? Do your fucking jobs mods.

take something with you to church and continue your gains, why stop there?
Mens sana in corpore sano

>being this much of a bitch
There is truly no justice on this earth

IMO atheist/Christian marriages are probably still more likely to last as long as the husband isn't an obnoxious fedora tipper. I think conservative/conservative is more important than religious/religious and there's lots of conservative yet nonreligious men whereas almost all conservative women are also religious

>Be atheist
>Getting married

Wew lad. I'm sure she can't stand your bullshit too

Shit I'm in the same boat.. I just keep going. Also since you consider yourself an "athiest" I really hope you are a book reader, and not a hurr durr im an afiest, lets watch some American Idol retard. Read the bible too, so at the very least when they start spouting off quotes, and their interpretation of the bible you are armed with knowledge of the subject to dance intellectual circles around them. My favorite thing to do is throw Leo Tostloy at them since most christian conservatives are always muh war, muh troops.. Be intelligent enough to drop red pills here and there, subtly, on complete strangers and make them think.

I'd advise stop being a 16yo with """"opinions""""

>Tostloy
you mean the same tostloy that had a religious and spiritual revelation in his later years and decided to go the pacifist path like jesus chist?

convert, heathen. else leave our women alone before i beat you out of church

seriously if you go to the right church and are an atheist, and start fuckin girls in the church, and the men found out about it, we would beat your ass and throw you out of the building.

Clearly God has given you your wife so it's only fair to pay homage to the big man every sunday.

Do you care about this girl?

If so, have the decency to show respect in church, since it matters to her.

Is this supposed to be bait for /pol/tards who'll get angry at atheists defiling their pure virgin church girls?

Just slowly introduce doubt to her under the guise of "one thing I'm really struggling with spiritually..."

Trust me, I speak fluent christianese. Frame your doubts in the form of a question over time and she'll start to question it herself in time.

Though it does make you the religious equivalent of that lady who loaded her husband's food with butter and cream to sabotage his weight loss, I can't really condemn you since I've done it myself several times.

Came to post this tbqh

Dude right here.

>came from very christian family
>met a not so religious girl
>told her i think its all bullshit and the only thing that would convince me would be evidence
>went to church a couple times at the request of my parents
>she fell in love with church and christianity
>mfw i go to church every sunday now

I normally just zone out. Guys have a great ability to do that. Also the church i go to is rather large so ill go to the bathroom and walk around aimlessly for a bit.

Hey where did the universe come from? It can't be an infinite chain of natural causes so there must have been a supernatural first cause.

Do you believe anything is true or untrue. You need God to believe that.

Do you believe anything is objectively right or wrong? Congrats you need a God for that too.

See thats not proving the existence of a god though.

Also most atheists wont deny the possibility of a "creator" that started it all. They mainly argue the supernatural creator that you see in religious texts.

Technically if an alien came to earth and started life then he would be a creator and could be god.

Atheists dont really argue that but they understand that that is highly unlikely and prefer the more likely scenarios that are around.

If you love her do it for her

>How do you deal with the hour long speech without smirking and making disgust faces?
By being an adult.

Yesh, boohoo, woe is user.
Do you have nothing else to complain about? Is this really the only strife you have in your little brain?