In veganism unhealthy on the long run ?

in veganism unhealthy on the long run ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XqUZJFL9f_8
youtube.com/watch?v=y3-BX-jN_Ac
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You just need to make sure that you get an iron supplement. It's something that a lot of people don't think about, because it takes a couple of years with no meat or dairy source to become iron deficient for most people, but like, just an iron supplement is usually enough to stay healthy.

Also, you can either be healthy or not. Ideally, veganism lowers your cholesterol intake, but you can also be a fatass and eat a bunch of candy. I knew a fat vegan that did that.

ofc its not unhealthy

eating shit ridden pig meat is the road to cancer

B12 ?

> But if you don't go vegan, you're anti-feminist! Dairy is rape, where they hook cows up to a rape rack to milk them. They're literally called rape racks!
So everyone has to go vegan or they're a raaaaaapiiiiiiist!
youtube.com/watch?v=XqUZJFL9f_8

In the long run, everyone dies. So what does it matter?

lentils have iron in them.

Yeah, because people get sick of hearing you yammering about it and stop returning your calls and, as we all know, social isolation is very bad for you.

yes

>You just need to make sure that you get an iron supplement

My vegan friend asked me what supplements I take to always be so healthy.

"Meat" I told him. The look on his face was priceless.

I guess because I don't eat a lot of it and never served him any when he came over he assumed I was vegetarian or vegan.

>171cm

lel

everyone should supplement b12 vegan or not

Vegans are obnoxious faggots, but they usually lead a very healthy lifestyle. You can get protein from sources other than meat you know

>iron suppiment
nigger, plants eat iron. that shit is plentiful in the ground

lentils and brocolli are great souces of iron.
you dont need to pass a festering rotting mass of flesh in your colon to absorb iron

also, just dropping a small bar of regular iron in your grains when you cook them is more than enough to enrich your food with iron
you can reuse the bar forever

you also sound like an obnoxious faggot

no, of course not :)

or i mean. it can be, if "veganism" means eating oreas and potato chips all day. but if it means eating cleanly, and making sure you get enough quality protein and the like? from beans and tofu and whatever? then it's perfectly healthy :)

i suggest anyone going vegan to track their macros AND micros closely, at least for a week or 3. i use cronometer xD

and work on fixing any deficiencies you find. if you need b12 or some other things, nutritional yeast can be a wonderfully tasty way to fortify your diet!

Only rich people can be vegans

You just let me know if you need any "protein suplementation", k babe? I'll whip you something up right away :^)

Also nutritional yeast tastes great but doesn't have bioavaliable b12. You know what does? My semen.

> walking pharmacy Patrick Baboumian
> s-s-see meatcucks! vegans can be JUST as strong as you!

100% false.

contrary to what i hope is unpopular belief, it's cheap to eat vegetarian or vegan. compare prices of meat to that of vegan protein lol.

kill yourself

Do they charge cocaine-prices for lentils where you live or something?

I mean, sure, like with everything you can be a faggot about it and buy overpriced meme-products from lifestyle shops, but you can say the same about lifting in general. I honestly started eating more vegan because I was poor and buying legumes in bulk was cheap.

I would be a vegan if I hated gains or didn't lift.

Well of course it is, but thats besides the point. The bigger question is, do you really want everyone you come in to contact with thinking youre a gigantic gaylord?

lol you're silly :P

make me :O

I'm not a vegan because I enjoy the taste of meat, it would also cause more hassle than it's worth. Having to take 20 different supplements a day, being picky about what you can eat and where you can go out for dinner. I also do not care that animals die in order to keep me fed.

I have no reason to want to become a vegan.

And just why the hell do you think other people's opinions even register on my radar?

Silly?! It's full of protein, lots of micros, low-calorie, tasty due to me having a plant-based diet for over 10 years, and for a qt trap the supply is unlimited :^)
(Also the recepies in that book are fucking kryptonite, remove that shit from Veeky Forums)

I literally just take a multivit with b12 and sometimes vegan omega 3 (depending on what I've eaten that day). I mean I take a bunch of other stuff too, of course, because Veeky Forums has memed me into it but I'm aware it's probably a scam and I could go without it.

you have me wondering what your semen tastes like. honestly i bet vegan guys have the best tasting cum lol.

someday!

Any diet that REQUIRES supplementation is shit.

Nope, as long as you're supplementing B12 or consuming fortified foods (Soy milk for example), then you're good. As long as you eat enough fruits and vegetables, you can sustain veganism for your whole life.

Every diet needs that, though. That's why they put iodine in salt, and to an extent vitamine d in milk and fortify stuff with iron and so on.

Also you're damn bodybuilder my dude, supplements are inevitably a part of your life. Or do you not supplement protein intake with whey shakes? Such an arbitrary delimination, "diet has to be NATURAL, given my specific definition of 'natural' which I base on my FEELINGS!"

Mission accomplished then ;)
(desu I'm gonna fap to the thought of you gulping it down, brb)

And my semen. Don't forget the most important vegan supplement: my semen in particular, not any other, just mine and drunk straight from my cock. Only women and traps get free access though. You have to give me shekls in you're a guy, no homo.

might be useful for anyone interested.

t. Veeky Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=y3-BX-jN_Ac

years ago, there was a really atrocious shitposter on Veeky Forums called "Jim Profit". He was so awful that moot came down and not only ip banned him, but auto banned anyway who put "Jim Profit" in the name field.

Chinkmoot, you need to do this now with vegan trap

I'll keep posting this every fucking thread
Veganism is extremism, you don't drop meat and diary if you're unhealthy, you just reduce high saturated fats, and add more veggies and fruits to your diet.
Being vegan is like doing only compound lifts expecting to look good in 4 months, you also need isolation work for big 'ceps
In short, vegans are fucking retarded, don't spread your gain-killing bullshit

Short run? No
Long run? Probably.
Our bodies were designed and evolved over millions of years to be omnivores. It's how our teeth are designed, how our bodies manage proteins, how we digest our foods.

didnt' mean to reply, forgot to delete the post number

Try it for 20 years stupid faggot. The people who are into veganism are unable to recognize bodily signs of health anyway, they will say it makes them stronger on their deathbed as cancer takes their life away.

>ill keep posting this uninformed garbage every thread

It's polyunsaturated fats (vegetal oil, and the main fat of every fast food and fried dishes) that are harmful, saturated fats are litterally PROTECTIVE and you suggest to drop them lmao.

Think about it, what type of fatty acids are more prone to free radicals / oxidation ? The unstable ones or the extremely stable saturated ones.

>reduce saturated fats equals dropping them
nigger what are you doing

Is there such a thing as a low carb vegan diet?

What would you eat for protein?

Not Vegan BTW but i wanna bulk on a low carb diet, and im wondering how i can get protein enough protein aside from eating 1lb of meat a day....would like to eat a bit less meat in general

>190kg log-lift
>ignore that hafthor just pressed 195x3

Nice goalpost moving retard. You suggested reducing something that is protective, as a health advice, and completely ignore about pufas which are the real issue. You're legit retarded to think dropping or reducing intake don't push toward the same effect.

In both cases your fatty acid profile composition becomes less saturated and more prone to oxidation.

Wait, wtf? Since when were polyun. fats the bad ones and saturated fats the good?

I don't think it's unhealthy. I think it's sub par to a meat eating diet. I think we were built tl eat meat. But, we can choose not too, and don't have to cause suffering for animals in that way and commodify them, it's disgusting to me, so I'm vegan.

With how many people you need to tell that you're a vegan a day, it's only a matter of time until you get involved with the wrong crowd and got shot. So yeah, it's pretty unhealthy.

can we stop with the cancer meme, anyone can fucking get it so why even bother thinkig about it when it comes to diet

>I don't think it's unhealthy
but it is unhealthy.

you would have to take multiple multi-vitamins just to avoid dying.

B12 is not "multiple multi-vitamins".

Research, user. When you understand the effect of each fatty acid you'll understand that the demonization of saturated fat was a marketing scam.

You can find this info easily that the end-product of polyunsaturated fats is a known inflammatory fatty acid called arachidonic acid and this produce molecules called prostaglandins which participate in cancer, diabetes development and other stuff. Plenty of studies on their involvement with cancer.

Btw coconut oil which is the most saturated of fats has been consumed for centuries by populations where heart disease and metabolic syndrome are quasi non-existent.

Being vegan doesn't stop roids from working

> if you need b12 or some other things, nutritional yeast can be a wonderfully tasty way to fortify your diet!

Sorry VT but nutritional yeast doesn't have B12 in it.

Or, to be clear, not B12 that your body can actually process, yeah, they fortify the yeast with B12 but that's just a selling point so the vegan food industry can charge you more for it, it does nothing, you'll still be deficient in it.

If you are not taking B12 supplements as a vegan you *will* suffer from B12 deficiency, it may take a few years but it inevitably will happen

But lumping all polyunsaturated fats as "bad" is silly. Omega-3 FAs have been demonstrated to reduce the risk of certain types of cancers, CVD, and their anti-inflammatory properties are used to treat conditions like rheumatoid arthritis. True that omega-6 is "bad", but only because the western diet typically consists of too much of it.

The research on SFs and disease is still up in the air for the most part.

nah dude, b12 is abundant in meat and dairy products. people with balanced diets don't need to supplement anything

Source?

>become strong as fuck, setting national records with a balanced strongman diet early on and a vegetarian diet from 2005

>turn vegan 6 years later, stop winning 'germany's strongest man' and stop beating his own records except for a yoke walk

yeah it's totally the vegan diet doing it

I went vegan for three weeks at the start of the year and it fucked up my gyno like nothing else. had it since teens and it's mostly been dormant but after a week of eating some soy and a lot of beans and veggies I thought I would start lactating. Also gave me incontinence and low libido.

I've nothing against the vegan diet in itself, but it's not for everyone

Yeah it's totally not him getting older in 6 years

it's not his age, he's younger than Savickas who kept coming 1st/2st in the WSM until 40

If you are that worried that veganism is feminist propaganda:
Bulls are raped too. They are strapped down and a 2-3 inch THICC metal electric probe is stuffed in their ass to stimulate their prostate until they cum
I wouldn't want that in my ass
>Why go to school
>Why get a gf
>Why get a job
>Why lift
Non-heme iron is not as absorbable. You may be getting 400 % DV every day and still come out deficient. Source: me and my gf
Just get your bloodwork done anually and supplement accordingly
Yeah and while you're at it sprinkle your morning oats with the inside of a mercury thermometer
Fucking retard
>Beans, lentils, peas, potatoes, rice and pasta are expensive where I live
Sad!

It's bad for you in the long run. Source: was vegan for 2 years.

what happened to you?

Jesus christ you're a loser

Brown rice? Black beans? Red Kidney beans? Spinach? Broccoli? Tofu? Meat substitutes?

BTFO.

Of course it can be
Your body dosen't give a shit where the macros come from as long as they're there
Of course it's more messing around because of nutrient and calorie density differences

If you are like the typical American it is extremely unhealthy because they have no knowledge of nutrition and their diet will consist of frozen vegan mac-n-cheeze and burritos. If you have a good understanding of nutrition then you can easily go vegan. The only thing going against you would that you would probably have a harder time gaining weight/bulking, I have a low tolerance for eating a lot and the only way I can gain weight is by eating a ton of meat/milk/eggs. You also might have harder time getting protein, you will technically be eating more protein than a meat eater will but your body cannot use plant protein as efficiently as protein from meat.

>raw foodism
There's your problem.

meat is a supplement

it's a part of a balanced diet

Why does every board on this fucking website need a vegan thread?

Imagine caring this much about whether people eat/dont eat vegan

i'm convinced it's like 2 dudes doing it every day

Well most ling time vegans, like 80%, suffer from B12 deficiency. So there's that. That would imply that B12 supplements aren't enough and you have to get it from meat for the vitamin to actually ebter your system.

they must be mods because they never, ever fucking 404

The problems not really that, is more that eating meat and having a balanced diet is healthier, not based in pseudoscience; and that veganism/vegetarianism keeps being bullshitted as special snowflake diet which regardless of evidence proving otherwise, is somehow nebulously healthier and better than eating meat. Because these people can't into science, diet and nutrition and have believe so bad it does something for them just so they can tell other people about it and have an excuse go to them about not eating meat. Also that were having the millionth vegan thread on this board

Idc about you OP or anyone who is a vegan, but if you make your child go on a vegan diet, you are 10/10 absolutely fucking their body up and they will resent you

It is the no.1 way to raising manlets

I developed some bro science that says you must eat what your teeth say. Like if you don't have sharp canines but good molars you can do well with no meat, and if you do have them you need meat to be 100% healthy

Hard but doable. I did it during a cut. For protein: seitan, tofu, tempeh, bean-pasta, mock-meats (I kept those at a minimum but damn the rest gets boring...) and of course protein shakes. I managed to get 180g+ protein per day while taking in around 1700kcal per day. Felt fine, could still lift pretty OK and do lots of cardio, made great progress and lost 20+kg. Only downside is it was boring as fuck cause I ate the same thing over and over, but that's cutting for you; I don't think replacing the tofu with lead chicken breast would've done much honestly.

True. However, given how widespread the misconception is, lots of brands have actually started foritfying their yeast with bioavialiable b12 just to avoid being responsible for vegans dying. Same with other vegan staple foods, like soymilk and even some mock meats; usually fortified with b12. My gf doesn't take supplements and gets all her b12 from fortified foods and her levels are fine (she's checked with a doctor several times, it used to be too low before she started drinking more soymilk).

lol how is that even possible?

>heme iron
Yeah, the obsession some people have around supplements is strange. "You can't be vegan without supplements therefore it's crap!" say the meat-eaters. "Sure you can, watch me!!" replies the vegan and dies. Jesus, just take your b12, iron and omega3 and stfu - our diet is demonstrably NOT possible without supplements and we're better off just admitting that.

men should never supplement iron, you could fucking kill someone with that advice you fucking retard.

>you just reduce high saturated fats
Saturated fats are fine for you reducing them is a meme
>
These
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1

>come from a vegan family
>LITERALLY the only vegetarian
>6'3" when rest of my family are 6'6"+ (non deformed)

The notion that saturated fat is harmless is actually a meme.

>you just reduce high saturated fats
Saturated fats are fine for you reducing them is a meme
These
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1

So is the notion that you read anything I posted

Do people not realize the poor logic in saying a vegan diet is shit because it requires supplementation?

Let's say I make a super laboratory food that tastes, looks, and feels like WHATEVER FOOD YOU IMAGINE IT TO BE. If you think it tastes like ice cream, it will take like ice cream. If you think it tastes like pizza, it will taste like pizza. This is just a thought exercise so don't get cute with the what-ifs.

I run clinical trials on people eating this food and the lifelong studies show that the people eating it exclusively live longer and get cancer at much lower rates than the general population. The only catch is that the diet contains all essential vitamins and minerals EXCEPT B12, so subscribers need to take an inexpensive B12 pill once a day.

Wouldn't you clearly be a fool to NOT try to this diet? You get to experience food in exactly the same way, except that you live longer and have a lower chance of getting cancer. All you have to do to stay safe is take a B12 pill.

Veganism is basically that, except you have added food restriction. If you're on an american diet, you WILL miss out on many foods that you probably eat regularly. However, if you eat a vegan diet and take B12, you are likely to live longer.

Seems like fair trade for a lot of people. Discounting a diet because you have to supplement a single cheap supplement is silly. Now, if it were a very expensive supplement, it'd be a different story.

>6'6"+
>non deformed
kek

The whole B12 thing is an argument against vegans who claim our ancestors ate vegan diets

>Being reliant upon anything that *requires* modern tech

It's like you want to die when society collapses

It's irrelevant either way for me because the only reason to go vegan is if you have a medical problem with meat or for moral reasons, but I feel it is my right to eat what we as a superior species can control/kill so that's a non-issue for me.

You can all shit your pants and cry about taking a B12 supplement once a day, but even the fucking leader of the American Heart Association says veganism is the best thing you can do to prevent heart conditions.

Which is the leading cause of death in America.

The broscience in this thread is incredible

The AHA is obviously paid off by the grain industry
Unlike all the low-carb authors who have spoken at meat and dairy industry conferences or get paid off by oil producers like Mozaffarian

He is the first leader of the association to be Vegan and promote Veganism.

Kinda sounds like they were being paid off by animal industry.

Heart disease is caused by high in take of cholesterol and saturated fat. A plant based diet means you will not be consuming any cholesterol whatsoever, and the only way you could eat too much saturated fat on a vegan diet is by eating junk food all the time, or living off of peanut butter (the GOAT diet)