What would be today's equivalent of a greek hero? Also, what kind of routine would get me there?

What would be today's equivalent of a greek hero? Also, what kind of routine would get me there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D_Dp3VDOjwQ
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3485501/Bulgarian-gangster-organises-migrant-hunting-patrols-Turkish-border.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

USMC infantryman

ADF Rifleman

Is there a famous soldier that is going to be remembered through history?

john cena

Pretty much any Medal of Honor recipient is a legitimate hero who will be remembered for hundreds of years. Like dudes in the military community all will know their names and stories of the top of their head.

And yeah you don't really need to be 6'2" 210 lbs 12% bf and bench 4pl8 you just need to do some crazy shit in combat so you're kinda shit out of luck OP unless you wanna join the military and find a grenade to jump on. Maybe if you're THICC as fuck you'd have a better chance of surviving at least?

Eh.. if you had said MARSOC I might have agreed.

MARSOC are infantrymen my dude

>Maybe if you're THICC as fuck you'd have a better chance of surviving at least?

Nah. This bullshit about soldiers being individual supermen is stupid. Being swole counts for next to nothing unless you're going to get into an unarmed fight with an enemy, and if it gets to that point, you're probably fucked anyway

mah bretheren

youtube.com/watch?v=D_Dp3VDOjwQ

Surely you realize that there is a difference between infantry and special ops

disagree, being in peak physical condition makes you faster(less time up running), more mentally coherent(as less fatigue)
also helps you carry heavy ass shit like armor and ruck sacks

Yeah but if you're going for dat Medal of Honor it definitely helps to be a sick cunt. Sgt Dakota Meyer had to bash a hajjis skull in with a rock and haul dudes into a humvee over and over again.

So yeah your average line company rifleman doesn't have to be swole to do his job but if you wanna be a "hero" like OP is saying I would definitely get in good shape first

Surely you're not in the fuckin military dumb faggot MARSOC is 0372 critical skills operators which makes them infantry

But yeah tell me more about "special ops" fucking Call of duty playing fag

>implying I think you shouldn't be in good physical condition

I was talking about being a huge strong motherfucker. Ammo cans don't weigh 200lbs each. Being swole makes you heavier than normal, and your battle isn't going to be able to drag your ass anywhere if you get hit.

this t b h

>jarhead getting angry

find a marsoc marine and call him infantry, see what happens

Okay well I went to SSBC with multiple MARSOC dudes and trust me they would all agree they are definitely infantry (because they are, by definition) and they're also pretty humble dudes and not giant fags (like you) so they don't think that they're above being called infantrymen (which would be stupid to not call them, because again they are infantrymen by definition)

But I probably don't know what I'm talking about and some retarded faggot on the internet who has never been in the military definitely knows more about the infantry than I do

how many kills you got bro

Gonna have 1 more after I murder ur mums pussy tonight m8

>infantry by definition
Marines, by definition, are soldiers. Doesn't mean you call them that. All the special ops guys I've known don't want to be called anything else. Current E5 btw, not that I expect you'll believe that.

Okay dude well I'm not speaking for other branches SOF units but in the marines MARSOC are grunts (0372) reconnaissance and force recon are grunts (0321) everyone with 03 at the beginning of their job title is a grunt. Like, Air Force TACPs are part of JSOC but they're obviously not grunts. MARSOC CSOs are grunts. Army Rangers are grunts (11x)

I'm guessing your a pog if you don't understand this. Being an 0317 I have a lot of experience with SOF dudes because I work with them all the time, I don't know who you have had experience with because you didn't say, but obviously special operators have different jobs skills and missions across the branches, any MARSOC dude will agree 100% that they are infantry.

>heroes
>Muriturds start listing babykillers who fight wars for Saudi Arabia and Israel and who always have a massive technical advantage over their enemies.
You are the *baddies* you fucking retards. You are servants of Hades. You are the Persian hordes. You are literally the evil empire that seeks to force all men who would be free to bow to your will (including those who live within your borders) and the will of your degenerate 'Gods of Atheism'. I say "your", but you are slaves too, of course, under a more sinister form of bondage than the rest of us. You will gladly sacrifice your lives for these Gods, and celebrate others who do so as "heroes". Now that's fucked up...
For actual heroes, see the SAA Tiger Forces, or Yevgeny Rodionov, or the Hezbollah front lines during the 2006 Lebanon War.
Amerifags celebrating military victories is like if Persia held an annual commemeration of the victory at Thermopylae.

Autism speaks

That's just some senile old man whose out of shape

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3485501/Bulgarian-gangster-organises-migrant-hunting-patrols-Turkish-border.html

So this guy isn't a hero just because he happened to be fighting in a war you don't agree with? He jumped on top of a grenade when it landed in between him and his buddy.

What about Sgt Dakota Meyer? In Afghanistan he got ambushed by over 50 taliban, saved 22 dudes by going into the kill zone 7 times while delivering heavy machine gun fire from the back of a truck. Was wounded by a gunshot but still managed to kill a dude with his bare hands. But he's not a hero according to your logic because you don't agree with the war he was fighting in

It's just funny because your life will literally never amount to anything and these guys will be hailed as heroes through the annals of time and all you can do is shitpost on Veeky Forums about it

>Some guy was good at killing, especially when they had less training

There arent any real warrior heros any more.There are people with balls yeah but guns and nukes and shit fucked all that up.

What did either of those stories have to do with killing or training? They were purely acts of valor.

Kyle carpenter jumped on a grenade. Not sure what that has to do with training or equipment.

Dakota Meyer was at a complete tactical disadvantage, being fired upon by a superior force from the high ground while at the bottom of a draw, sure his equipment was of slightly higher grade but I can tell you from experience that a round from an AK is just as deadly as a round from an M4. And to willingly go back into the kill zone of that ambush means you don't care if you die, by all accounts it is a miracle he wasn't killed. To go back into the kill zone 7 times is nothing less than a wholly selfless act of compassion for your men and valor in the face of certain death (most of whom in this case where Afghan soldiers who he was helping to train by the way)

Just being good at killing won't get you a Medal of Honor. That shit is reserved for historic acts of bravery

Audie Murphy, Carlos Hathcock,

Someone like Justin Trudeau. A statesman-philosopher who is also capable of beating the shit out of you.

Are you sure you have not gotten your definitions of hero and psycophatic murderer mixed up?

How does jumping on a grenade to save your buddys life make you a psycopathic murderer

i think superheroes or sports stars

this

this

true hero

There isn't one. Read your Evola.

They weren't heroes. They won't be remembered as heroes. Your civilization is collapsing. It's own version of history will collapse with it, and both it and those who fought for it will be remembered as murderers and assassins.
The Immortals were fierce warriors. No one remembers them as heroes. The SS...well, you get the picture.
Even in the present, America is viewed as a sinister force by the majority of the world's people. You swallow the stories popularized by your own narrative factories, but these have a limited audience. Most of the world knows that the Soviet Union won WW2. Most of the world knows that the USA is a belligerent commercial empire with the blood of millions of innocents on its hands. That's *now*, when many have to be careful not to risk the wrath of the US by speaking too much truth.
The US was founded by heroes. Their vision held for barely more than a hundred years before the country was reconquered by its previous owners. Today, it's a nation of greed, avarice, sloth, tyranny. A nation that devours it's heroes before their voice can ever be heard.

I've served faggot. Not once did I meet a hero. Heroes triumph in the face of adversity. Heroes challenge evil. Heroes protect the innocent. One cannot fight *for* the US and call oneself a hero. The very notion is risible.

>You are the *baddies* you fucking retards.
That doesn't matter at all. Martial ethics are about personal conduct, not ends. Read the fucking Mahabharta or Illiad, you uncultured swine.

Oh fuck off Mohammed.

>buttblasted leftist cant deal with reality
the fact that you think of real world affairs in terms of "good guys" and "baddies" and unironically whine abotu "evil empires" already disqualifies you from any serious debate lmao

Zyzz

I've read both. Neither is relevant. Both encapsulate heroic archetypes and ideals such as honor.
Let's take the Achaeans. One might say they were fighting for honor, certainly under the prevailing ethics of the day. They had been insulted; wronged.
America was not wronged by Afghanistan (or Iraq). It had no civilizing intent, no objective for the greater good. It simply invented a pretext to invade them.
Mercenaries are not soldiers. The US fights for no lofty ideals. It fights for shekels and dinar.
The only heroic American is the one who turns about face and aims his sights on the man commanding him to kill or die for the Great Deceiver. All others are fools or cowards at best, or willing participants in villainy.

Americans have been so brainwashed that they legit think that their soldiers are fighting to protect them.

I'm not a leftist you fucking moron. I'm a right-wing Christian.
You haven't noticed that it's leftists who call for the overthrow of Syria? Of Putin? Who celebrate when your president prostitutes himself and bombs the enemies of Islamic fascism on behalf of those who own your country. Yes, they back off then, don't they...?
Your country was taken over by the left a very long time ago, you ridiculous faggot. Now, for having the temerity to break free of Marxism, Russia has become the target of the new home of Marxism.

Dude you sound like a massive fedora tipping euphoric faggot who's spent too much time on /pol/. If you really did serve you were obviously in some kind of non combat related desk job because you don't know what it's like to exist on the precipice of life and death with nobody to rely on but your friends, and knowing they're relying on you to survive. Nobody is under the impression they're fighting for some kind of higher cause, we were just dudes doing a job we signed up for.

I've been there done that, did two tours in Afghanistan and seen men who love each other (no homo) enough to jump on grenades and step in front of bullets for each other and none of us gave a flying fuck about fighting for freedom or any of that bullshit. Keep shitposting dude, you don't know anything about heroism or valor.

>America was not wronged by Afghanistan
you realize that the taliban regime endorsed and supported al qaeda right

Why are you posting the Twin Towers on fire? Your own commission found that the attack was funded by members of the Saudi establishment (same establishment your president took bribes from only a week ago). Almost all of the bombers were Saudis.
The Taliban asked for proof that AQ members in Afghanistan were responsible. They were willing to hand them over. No evidence was forthcoming, whether it existed at the time or not. The US simply told another sovereign country, "hand these guys over or we'll invade your country". The Taliban refused. After 15 years, they're on the verge of retaking the country. (maybe go study the actual diplomatic exchanges rather than adopt media soundbites in typical brainwashed American fashion). McMaster wants to go back in...
That's right. Another war America lost. Another war where American boys lives were sacrificed for absolutely nothing. No purpose. No reason. Just wasted. Expendables.
As for you? Just another Murican who doesn't dare look behind the curtain...

The undertaker

DELETE

>/pol/
Really? You go there much? My views aren't welcome on /pol/. If I *did* post there, I'd be accused of being a "leftist", or called "Mohamed" like I have been in this thread (funny that!). I'd be told that any dead "shitskin" is a good thing, and that "God Emperor" Trump is playing 360°^~ chess by taking Saudi bribes after (comically) tweeting those days were over. Someone who worships a cartoon frog would call me a "Christcuck"...
Why go to /pol/ when /pol/ is right here, in this thread (hai faggot)?

>Kurt's awesome
>he's killed a dozen sandniggers already this tour
>so, a few of them were women and children...shit happens, bro. Fog of war. They're all terrorists at heart anyway.
>Kurt always has my back, risked his neck for me twice
>my fucking hero, bro

Tell me, user. How many SS members were heroes?..
Your problem (by extension, your country's problem) is you need to find some better heroes...

Dude I don't know about any specific acts of valor by SS soldiers because I've never looked that shit up and it's probably all been erased from history anyway. But I'm sure those guys did some crazy shit for their boys. I don't know why you're hung up on the SS, there were other units in the Wehrmacht too. I read a book about a guy named Sepp Allerberger who was a sniper in the German mountain infantry who was a savage and I would consider him a hero. And if you read his book he'll say the same thing pretty much every other soldier says...that he didn't give a fuck about Germany or Hitler or the Jews, he was just surviving. So I don't understand why you're conflating the righteousness of an entire campaign with the actions of a soldier on the front line. You obviously can't grasp the plight of the enlisted infantryman.

like Hitler or something

Kneel