Where are all of these TDEE calculators getting this bullshit from...

Where are all of these TDEE calculators getting this bullshit from? I have skimmed the original Harris-Benedict paper on human metabolism and don't see anything related to TDEE or activity levels.

Does anyone have a source for actual research conducted on this? No paper ever cites where they are getting this shit from, just saying it is a "guideline".

Stop using these calculators.

Just pick a calorie number to hit, and weigh yourself in every single day.

After a month or so you'll get a 99.99% accurate estimation of your maintenance.

pic related for example: Im eating 3000 calories a day, doing about 45minutes cardio everyday, lifting 3 times a week, and I'm not gaining any fat, and weight is staying relatively the same thus far.

Well I am mainly interested in the science behind it and how they made these determinations. Being unable to find it is pissing me off more and makes me want to find it even more since it is such a common thing people use these days in fitness

>stays the same weight for a week

sure is working for you bud

Well he's right, it's the most accurate way to do it. I found out my fat ass was overeating by like over 500 cals that way because I used the wrong multiplier, since my workouts were not intense at all

I'm not trying to cut or bulk.

I've been lifting for 5 years. I'm 5'7 and 83kg.

Right now I'm just getting a estimation of what my maintenance is. So yes, its working, you stupid fucking cunt. :)

This. Calculators said maintenance was 2600-ish for me. Turned out it was 3500.

Post body pic

6'3, 87.5kg, doing strong lifts with accessories (just dips and curls) 3x a week.

Other than lifting i just walk 2 miles 5 days a week.

Does 3000 kcal a day sound good enough for me? My lifts aren't heavy yet (1pl8 squat and diddly, 30kg ohp and bench)

>5'7
>83kg

laughinggirls.png

I'm pretty chubby, but okay.

Arms are 17", legs about 26".

This body-fat/body-comp seems to be maintaining itself on 3000 calories a day, lifting 3 times per week.

I need to drop about 5-10kg for aesthetics but I'll do that once I'm 100% sure 3000 calories is my maintenance, which I'll keep on eating for another month or so.

>this 25% bf piece of disgusting shit
>trying to maintain on purpose because he thinks it's a good idea

more like typical fat fuck who can't stop stuffing his fat fucking disgusting food addicted face

hahahaa and he posts his arm measurements, hahahaha

I have a 7x6 dick so I'm not to fussed about the height.

My gf (who I cum in raw) is qt 5'1 48kg and lifts with me and has tight bum, so I don't really give a shit about what you think user.

>he actually thinks 3000 calories is a lot of calories

I bet I OHP more than you deadlift.

who the fuck said anything about calories you fat piece of shit, you are fucking 25% bf LMAO

lose weight now, you disgust me. What is wrong with you people

I worked upto a 285kg deadlift this year eating whatever I want.

I use to hang around the 73-75kg mark and had abs, but that was boring as fuck, progress in the gym sucked trying to stay lean all the time.

Getting close to a 300kg deadlift is a better feeling than just trying to same lean, especially when my GF doesn't even give a shit about me being 5-10kg fatter.

You cunts are fucked kek.

so what you're saying is you're eating over your TDEE at the moment?

ok piggyboy, whatever lets you sleep at night

maintaining because he can't put his feelgood-food down

Depends on your goals. At 6'3, you'll probably need at least another 500 kcal if you're looking to add mass.

No, he said that that once he drops 5-10kg he's "100% sure" 3k is his maintenance.

>I need to drop about 5-10kg for aesthetics
>but I'll do that once I'm 100% sure 3000 calories is my maintenance
> which I'll keep on eating for another month or so.

enjoy your low IQ defending your fellow obeast, the fat got to your brain

Started tracking calories 10 days ago eating 3000/days. My weights stayed about the same. But I'm doing this for 30 days to make sure, before I actually reduce calories to start peeling off the fat.

Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

>because you can't do this while eating less

>started tracking calories 10 days ago

no wonder you look like shit you fat motherfucker

can only imagine how he "tracks"

There's no rush to lose the fat. I've been lean for most of my life and lifting "career". It's over rated, I'm taking it slow as possible so my lifts don't go to shit like they have in the past when I've got lean as fuck.

You say I'm obese and whatever I'm that picture. I just had a blood test 3 weeks ago and my blood work was all clear and good. But I'm super disgustingly obese and unhealthy according to user.

Gg noob. Ima go to gym now and OHP your 1rm squat for reps.

>lean for most of my life
>he's fat in the picture
ok bby

>b-but my blood tests came back fine so I'm not fat

holy fuck he's actually using fat logic

who gives a shit about blood work, you look like a fucking pig ass tub of lard?

>keeps mentioning strength
>being lean is overrated, fast food and cake is way better, BUT I BETTER KEEP JUSTIFYING IT BY POSTING ABOUT MY OHP

pro tip, there are people twice as strong as you who are lean and not an obese pig like yourself. being fat is not a requirement for being strong unless you are trying to break world records.

What does this comment even mean?

Are you implying I don't have a kitchen scale and don't autistically weight individual ingredients?

Are you implying I don't autistically track everything in myfitnesspal and double check every entry to make sure what I'm eating matches up correctly with what I scan by checking the nutritional label to double check if the version of the food I have matches the entry on myfitnesspal?

Are you implying I'm not also tracking individual macros?

i bet you feel really silly now don't you heheheh

yeah bro look at your physique i can tell it is really paying off for you

my mom thinks she is doing the same

There are people who deadlift 1,250lbs while being 12.5% bodyfat? Wow!!! Nice man. :)

>>my mom thinks she is doing the same
thing and is still obese after 10 years just like you are going to be

but your deadlift is not even half of that?

You don't realise how much of a difference dropping simply 5 or 10kg makes with my body composition. You're just a underage ignorant newfag who probably jerks over fake naturals who claim to get huge while being lean as fuck....and you actually believe them.

I'm off now, not spending anymore time arguing with 1st yet lifter virgins who jerk off to fake naturals on YouTube anymore.

Yet you autistically weight yourself every day and track changes in GRAMS.

dropping 10kg would still leave you as an amorphous blob

>wow guys if you lift more than me and aren't obese you are on STEROIDS

FUGG its already so hard for me to make myself eat 3kcal

take a trip to africa and starve to death for a while, you might realize how much of a fucking faggot little bitch you are being

ok

I've screencappd all these comments. I'll post again when I'm 74kg and shredded again. I'm going to have the last laugh. You lanklets have no idea how much losing 10kg of bodyfat does to us manlets. Im going to embarrass all of you weak lanklets

>le people have it worse meme

Kill yourself my man, for you may now never complain about anything ever again.

3-4 tablespoon of olive oil. Takes like 10 secs to down with water.

Ask a starving african child how much they squat you false equivalence making little bitch

Holy shit I never knew how calorie dense it was.

Thanks mate.

this is you

>ahh guys this food, i just can't chew it and swallow it xDDD i just can't do it guys hahaha!!!

pretty sure any random african kid would do anything to be able to eat and train. pussified modern so called males do not know how easy they have it, whining like little fucking estrogen pumped faggots about the smallest shit.

Add peanut butter to your breakfast shake, two spoons will easily add another 300 kcal and you won't have to make additional effort consuming it. Carry a handful of almonds equal to 200 kcal with you throughout the day and eat a few here and there. You don't have to make it difficult, user.

So after doing this, how do you figure your TDEE?

Nobody in the whole world can deadlift that. Eddie Hall's world record deadlift in single-ply and with straps is 500kg/1102lbs.

Been with her for 4 years and not once has she called me fat. I'm 29, she's 22. I have a 7x6 penis, she loves it.

>mfw Veeky Forums virgins being this triggered cus a fat Manlet has a big cock and a petite qt gf

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>everyone in this thread

It's funny that you haven't posted a picture of yourself tho. Op looks fine to be on a bulk. I really don't know why ppl get obsessed with sub 10% bf. Oh, and he's not even close to 25%. Pic related, that is you.

When your weight is maintaining at the same level your calorie intake has equaled your intake during that period. Your average daily calorie intake is the estimate of your TDEE. The accuracy of this estimate depends on the accuracy of your weight and calorie measuring. So weighing every day and averaging over a week and gathering at least two weeks worth of weight data is the best procedure. Calories ought to be obvious: always use the nutrition data on the package and weigh everything, don't measure by volume.
Determining your TDEE only needs to be once in a while, so once you get an estimate you can relax your calorie measuring a bit, if you want to. But continue the accurate monitoring of weight. If your TDEE changes or you eat too far off your intended calorie goal, your weight will show that.