Welcome to /PLG/ - Powerlifting General. Primarily for discussion related to powerlifting

Welcome to /PLG/ - Powerlifting General. Primarily for discussion related to powerlifting.

Lots of good stuff over at powerliftinggeneral.com. Programming, diets, everything.

>Capitan edition

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed.

Remember, no-one cares about your opinion on what upper body press is best and IPF approved techniques.

105s are up soon, stream is at
A group: youtu.be/fDUUz283644
B group: youtu.be/NlUsGn8xKfA
goodlift.info

Other urls found in this thread:

goodlift.ddns.net/scoresheets/detailed_scoresheet_m.htm
cytu
youtube.com/watch?v=djch3ehljwc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ahoy, Captain.

How do I make my pecs stronger?

I thought wide grip bench would do it but it ain't done nothing.

I also hate doing dumbbell press. Hate with a passion.

if there is a god, wierzbicki tears his bicep on his deadlift opener.

What's the difference between groups A and B?

group a is the flight of good lifters and group b is the flight of people who want to say they competed at a world championship

bench
dips
pushups

Says he's DSQd.
goodlift.ddns.net/scoresheets/detailed_scoresheet_m.htm

They are sorted by their qualifying total as far as I know.
The meet would go on far too long if they were all in the same group, so they're split in two and both groups lift simultaneously.

How can you all live with yourselves knowing you participate in

A) the most GDE normie tier "sport" as just about anyone can succesfully train for PL without a coach

B) in the least athletic "sport" around, literally all you do is move things minimal distance without fully breaking the rules

C) a sport that noone finds impressive or cool in literally any way

>so user do you have any hobbies
>*unsheathes inzer belt*
>why of course my lady I participate in the >sport of powerlifting
>oh cool like that stuff on the olympics
>oh no no see my lady we powerlifters compete in the squat bench and deadlift
>oh....ok....

defend yourselves

Must be a mistake, that name appears on the 83kg class list.

It's just something for the failures to do. If you can't be an olympic lifter, aren't athletic, don't have a good physique, then you become a powerlifter.

I probably should have guessed that. Thanks.

Did he get popped?

>caring about what others think
>caring about how complicated it is and how much coaching is required
>not just doing what you like

It doesn't matter if you're a GDE or not, you'll never get anywhere.

Anyone have a recommendation for basic yoga instructions (ideally in video form like on youtube or something)? I remember it being good for my hips a while back, and I want to try it again.

Hopefully, I can also get some benefit in my shoulders and upper back.

>mfw wierzbicki gets sent to the wada gas chamber

How can you all live with yourselves knowing you participate in the "sport" that is narrowly second place in all those categories

you know hes desperate for attention when he starts samefagging

I'm sure I'd be mighty contempt dwelling in my parents basement, being obese from overeating while making sure I'm doped up on ketamine all the time

but I wouldnt do that

cause its inferior to my current lifestyle

much like powerlifting is inferior to olympic weightlifting

negate this

I literally never samefag unless I'm trying to bump my thread

I'm not a brainlet so I dont have to samefag

no one cares dude

very little things are inferior to barely benching 2 plates you twink fuck

Squatted 182.5 at the meet! It's more than what I planned but damn it felt good. Got complimented on my depth too which was an extra boost

I benched 245 for 3 on monday

GJ my man, I am proud of you and you should be too.

no you didnt

you

"squatted"

as you did a lowbar "squat"

its ok

not everyone can be good

(unless you for some reason did highbar in which case cool)

He's literally fine. No deload necessary. He just has to focus on not letting his knees come back and he'll be golden. Also he needs to go a tad deeper but that's it. He'll get used to the shoes and squat well.

That's extremely fast progress my dude, you have nothing to worry about, just keep using it for lower body. Use something else for upper body, like 3x bench programs from 28 free

POOPTINE! ILY!

where are you guys watching stream? the cytube is dead and the only discord i am is inactive, anyone got a new invite or something?

Idunno lads.
Good job lad.
Well, well, well...

You can't make a "capitan" edition and expect me to not show up, however briefly.

Thanks

I have a weird upper back so my bar placement is too high for low bar but too low for high bar so it's like in the middleish

Every thread will be a Capitan thread, then.

Don't respond to Panzer, he's a nasty ratbag who has been hurt and can never love again.

POUTINE OUT

show me on the doll where I have hurt you so badly that you project yourself onto me

Biscuit weighed it at only 99.35kg
why didn't he just stuff his face with food for the past few months to get up to 103-104kg? the extra mass can only make him stronger

for wilks

105S GOING DOWN NOW

https://
cytu.
be/r/ipf

So hyped for 105s.

I like how each of the lifters has a real distinctive personality too. It's like brains vs body vs heart vs drugs

kryzyzyryyzyzzyzystof probably wants to break ed coan's sub 100kg deadlift record from way back, even though it's obviously not a current record or anything

cytu
.be/r/IPF

EVERYONE IN

These refs are fuckin SAVAGE

why did they fuck over the kazakh dude that was good depth

what the fuck is a beef titan

no it wasn't

if you look at the previous session they have white lighted the same depth before

poland guy is totally roiding

/ourguy/

this half nigga dude needs to lose some weight

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>these are the people you share a thread with

hype

>tomorrow is sunday tho so i'm not sure wtf amazon is thinking but w/e

I wanna see your face when you realize a slightly taller heel than the adipowers isn't gonna do shit to fix your mobility problems

With whom you share the thread**

God, this woman is annoying.

kek someone make a webm of screamer little dance

Ok

Saw this and thought of you

hmmmm

what did blevins squat

you got any advice on lifting shoes? wanna buy some myself.

322.5. Went for 333 WR on the 3rd but missed it

>yee
>yee
>YEEE

Attempt selection is killing him, he might be able to edge out Bryce if his DL has gotten better otherwise.

Blevins just can't grind though. Honestly though i think missing both of his 3rds has cost him his shot at first place.

What are you looking for?

why is screaamer opening beltless

wow that aussie woman is the worst commentator i think ive ever heard.

Bonnica is worse
be glad we don't have to suffer her bullshit

>tfw no George + scottish guy combo for max bants

Are barbell lunges a good accessory exercise? People say that unilateral leg exercises fix the "imbalances" in legs, but I'm pretty sure that's functional training bs.

Hmm, yeah, maybe best to not fix what ain't broken

If I wanted to do GPP with nuckols 3xint med, would it be best to do it on day 1 or day 3?

Day 3 imo

WIERZBICKI SMOKING IT

fuk

lmao failed to push hips thru when it was already at finish position

Link to stream? I'm in gym atm

Can I do a form check here?
youtube.com/watch?v=djch3ehljwc
I know I'm a DYEL I just want to make sure I'm not wrecking my back.

already over, wierzbicki got 400 to finish position and failed to lock it out

head should be in neutral, dont look at yourself in the mirror, do deadlift having mirror behind you so you cant look

overall it was meh not efficent or optimal but back was safe

cant really help you out if you doing 1 rep with something below your 86% of max

it just ended

Biscuit first
Bryce second
Blessings third
Screamer fourth

Garrett missed his third squat and bench, both trying to break his own world records.
Bryce missed his third deadlift, which would have put him just over Biscuit, but Biscuit still had a third attempt so even if Bryce nailed it mr. roidaroo could easily just tie Bryce and win on bodyweight. But Bryce missed his third so Biscuit went all out and tried 400 on his third and failed.

Who's in what position???

Was thinking the same.
Thanks, you always give good advice

fix that chicken neck
form is suboptimal but not dangerous

too sub-maximal to tell. lower back looked a bit rounded bit it might just be your clothes

>calling Krzysiek biscuit

whats that about?

I think mentally it super hard for someone like blevins who has a comparatively shit deadlift. You news to force yourself to get so much distance from the first two lifts to pull ahead.

Compared to a deadlift we who knows they can just bring it home at the end.

It was almost weird to to see krystoph miss that, will be crazy to see him fill out the class another 5kg would definitely help his bench and squat could potential see 950 at 105 somewhere in thr not too distance future.

Okay, I see the neck issues. I was told in the past to look straight forward, I guess that was wrong. That was a warm-up weight, maybe I'll record again later with working weight.

>krystoph

you know that if you have to say it more english his name is literally christopher you dumb fuck

record with working wieghts plus look neutral, do not move your head

Any good programs for squat and deadlift that is not c6w for an intermediate

COWOBOY
O
W
B
O
Y

METHOD
E
T
H
O
D

OR TSA 9

Phone autocorrected soz senpai

Candito 6 week but do squat and deadlift work with a trap bar. So first day do 6 sets of 6 trap bar deads at whatever percentage.

I'm just happy screamer looked like he had fun

>Always give good advice
T-t-thanks

Hepburn (if you don't mind the slow progression), TM, heard good things about the BLEST early int, etc

Continuing my meet update

>yell out LIGHTWEIGHT BABY before 3rd attempt
>fail it

It's just like my Veeky Forums memes!
At least I PR'd for a 112.5

112,5 bench?

Yeah

I ain't no bitch

Kek'd heartily desu. Good job senpai.

which intermidiate program has worked the best for most?

That's great, congrats. How did it go with the other lifts?

Waiting for last flight of bench before diddly starts but squat went well. Also PR'd for a 182.5

Great, good luck on your diddlydoodle.

Thanks m80

I had planned for a 190/200/205 but if the second feels LIGHTWEIGHT I'll up to to 210