Vegan General

Thread for all vegans and people interested in the vegan lifestyle.

Vegetarians allowed as long as they won't push their diets.

Meat eaters have the rest of the board so do NOT bother us, thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

shrinkthatfootprint.com/food-carbon-footprint-diet
suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tasteless Mexican-tier beans are cheaper than a porterhouse steak!
>be a vegan

Kill yourself you disgusting excuse of a man. You're literally a pathological tumor of millions of years of evolutionary history. Your kind doesn't deserve respect of any kind. It's as if you go up to your grandparents, who worked I the farms their whole lives, breaking their back, torturing themselves under the summer sun, all so that they can produce a better environment for their offspring, and what do you do? You literally look at them in the eyes and spit on them and you laugh. You hate them, no, you fear them because of what they mean to you, they want to see you do better and shine, and you turn into a princess with no backbone or sense of strength. You hate it. You hate humanity for giving you the gift of eating animals. You rather live in resentment, rather than embrace your potential. You rather live at the bottom, and curse this hierarchy, rather than climb into glory.
KILL.YOURSELF.

>Comparing steak to lentils
What

Meat really lowers your IQ

>can't taste a difference between meat and pressed bean paste
>thinks he's in a position to talk about mental acuity

It's a retarded comparison to make, it's like saying rice is cheaper than truffle, like no fucking shit Sherlock, they're two completely different things

>Which do you feel better buying
Either, because unlike vegans I know what a food chain is. The only valid argument for veganism is environmental impact, the animal cruelty argument holds zero weight

>animal cruelty argument holds zero weight

Look at all these happy sheep! :)

What makes those sheep worth more to you than all the bugs you kill accidentally every year?

what's the discord?

Fuck off meat eating cunt. Your ilk will be imprisoned soon enough.

>MOOOOOM IT TASTES DIFFERENT
Is this Veeky Forums or reddit?

Good argument, friend. I'm actually phasing out meat from my diet but that doesn't make hardline vegans any less retarded

Again, what makes a pig more valuable than a bug?

Pigs have feelings. Bugs do not.

>what are ecological arguments

Hmmm why do vegans seems to shill lentils so hard? You'd think most people would prefer the taste of beans, no? Everyone's been raised on beans.

You should try arguing instead of posting biased infograms from known animal killers like PETA

thanks mate, will follow this.

Okay, so what happened to All Animals Matterâ„¢? Could it be that some animals matter more than others?

>I know what a food chain is
Then why aren't you in Africa being eaten by predator animals? Or are you too retarded to participate?

They're not worth more objectively. But we don't accidentally kill sheep

>milk is bad just because you dont need it

Once again, post an argument, not wrong infographics

What the fuck kind of difference does it make for the animal if you kill them accidentally or not? You're just trying to grab the moral high ground

A conscious intention

shrinkthatfootprint.com/food-carbon-footprint-diet

Compare the damage of vegan, vegetarian and meat eater diets. Many people do it for the environment and don't care about animals' feelings.

>Ancestors tho

I know, that's what I said here

See

I never found a good vegan comic against eggs.

Do you have any?

>Taste tho

Am I a psychopath, if I simply don't care about animals and eat them because they're tasty? How am I supposed to sympathize with animals?

>Morality is subjective,animal cruelty doesn't exist

>Food chain

>It's true because it says so on a picture

>Tu quoque

Google is your friend, but I'll oblige

Depends. Do you care about humans? Would you willingly inflict needless, unjustified harm or painless death to an unconsenting human?
>If yes
You're a psychopath
>If no
Why not?

That doesn't even have anything to do with what I said. You're a big boy, use your own words instead of relying on someone else to think for you.

>I don't know what tu quoque means and I don't understand analogies
How is elementary school?

Neither do you it seems. It's a genuine question and not an accusation. And if you don't want to have an actual discussion then look up fallacy fallacy and we'll call it a day.

No, I wouldn't. Simply because I sympathize with humans, but not with animals.

eating meat and dairy are fine in small amounts

NO

but eradication is better

Fine, we'll take another path. Eating chicken, beef or dairy requires killing 2-25x insects and rodents to die because of the low conversion rate of feed to meat. Veganism is still the better option. And it was very much an accusation because of the foul language, you autist.
You just restated what you said. The question is WHY do you sympathize with humans and not animals. I'm not asking you if you think animals should be above humans, or even equal, of course they aren't. The question is W H Y are they not worthy of at least some mercy.

There is no fucking reason behind this. Seeing humans suffer makes me feel bad, seeing animals suffer doesn't. It's as simply as that.

So, I'm interested as always, but how can I meet a calorie goal of 2000kcal while also meeting 150ish kcal of protein?
With my ex (who was one) we used to eat almost vegan (cheese, milk, yogurt) but most of our calories came from bread/carbs, and meeting the protein requirements was insane without brotein shakes. It was pretty stressful after a month.
Anyone have templates that meet that kind of needs? (again, 150ish grams of protons, 2000kcal max).

Why doesn't it make you feel bad? What specifically differentiates humans from animals even though they're both sentient and capable of experiencing pain?

Did you ever have a dog? Do you remember it being ill at one time?

I'm basically a vegan - my food is almost all fruits, vegetables, and legumes (~95%) except for a small bit of cheese or meat on a sandwich

>small bit of cheese or meat on a sandwich

You are LITERALLY worse than Hitler.

>Why
I just said that there is no deeper reason behind this.
>What specifically differentiates humans from animals
Are you even serious anymore? There are thousands of things that differentiates us from animals. But just as I said, I simply sympathize with humans but not with animals. I don't care how similiar we are to animals.

I use 2.5 scoops of truenutrition pea/rice powder a day. That's 60g, so 90g left. I usually do anywhere from 20-40g from a soy source (fake meats, w/e) or maybe seitan, some beans/lentils (15-25g for the serving size i eat), then just rando shit that adds up. Some breads have like 8-12g of protein (for like 40g of carbs though).

It's not been that difficult for me. I'm lazy so I eat some of the tofurkey sausages, or just microwave a full bowl of shelled edamame ($2 at sprouts for 40g protein) with some soy sauce.

I only do 120g of protein a day (at 7.5% bf rn), and am thinking of dropping it down to 100g to see if I can maintain my shred with even less protein (a few years ago i was eating 270g of protein a day).

I weigh 150lbs

>There are thousands of things that differentiates us from animals.
Name one
>But just as I said, I simply sympathize with humans but not with animals. I don't care how similiar we are to animals.
W H Y.

Shit, sounds complicated.
I aim for 165 - 180 lbs usually since I'm 6'.

Our intellect, our ability to have emotions and so on.

>W H Y

Is it then OK to kill humans who are mentally incapacitated or emotionally stunted (autistic)? Is it even ok to kill someone who is in a coma and cannot think, feel, perceive anything at all?

I'm asking you what justifies killing animals for food but not humans. They're both sentient and capable of feeling pain, why is it morally justifiable to kill one and not the other.

"I don't care" is not a moral argument

No. But I already said that I don't care how similiar we can be to animals. Human is human and animal is animal.

>Name one
sapientia

This is Veeky Forums not /malnutrition/. Go away vegans.

Youre saying animals cant have emotions? Well damn. Have you ever had a dog, a cat, something? They do have emotions, in fact its easy as fuck to see if a dog is happy or depressed. And that goes to any animal really

"I don't care" and "just because" are not justifications user
Is it ok to kill retards or people in a coma?
Name one nutrient you can't easily get in a vegan diet

More simply, you can do:
Protein shake
Tofurkey sausage hotdog
Lentils
Whatever else should add up

>Is it ok to kill retards or people in a coma?
yes

I'll note this and give it a try next time I have a free week. Thanks.

kek

Go away fucking vegans!

>doesn't like vegans
>still goes on the literally ONLY vegan thread on this entire board

bismuth.png

Eugenics is the future

either you're being dishonest or you're a sociopath. The choice is yours; do you want to actually act like a fucking adult and not play these childish games? Or are you actually incapable of feeling any sort of emotion or empathy?

Post Vegan goals

The problem with your argument is that we don't care that they are unhappy and suffering. Their delicious meat is worth the price they must pay, and we feel no remorse for their death. Most of us don't even care when a human dies if we have no direct connection to them, why would we care about an animal?

It's 2017 and people still think that geometric mineral outcroppings are relevant to this discussion.

It's 2017 and people still think aborting a known deformed baby is somehow more cruel than knowingly subjecting someone to an inferior existence.

It's 2017 and people still think that medically assisted suicide for the terminally ill/incapacitated isn't the product of a rational decision-making process.

>Vegans are deontologists when it comes to animals but are utilitarians when it comes to humans

I've never understood how someone could be
>vegan because of muh animals (we wuz roam free n shiet)
>pro-choice
>against eugenics
It's such a common combo, but it contradicts itself. I dunno maybe they're just meming or something.
Also why vegan over vegetarian? I love eggs, fish, and milk too much to be a vegan, but I have gone vegetarian for stretches of time without a problem.

Hey guys, I'm pretty jacked at 210 at 6 feet from years of lifting and eating lots of meat. Do any of you have any experience giving up meat and holding onto your gains? I'd like to switch but I'm so used to what I've understood to be the only "complete protein"

>why vegan over vegtarian?
Ethically most consider the egg and dairy industry to be more abusive than say the pork industry.

>suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also highly doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.

You are on our turf.

>blog
>one study
Into the trash it goes. Eggs and dairy have a shit ton of mammal estrogens.

>deontologists
No, deontology means that I don't kill animals "just because". Castle doctrine bitch, if it gets in my house or yard or crops, it's dead meat.

vegan normies get out

I went vegan roughly a year ago. I was 6'2 and 185 and 12-13 bf%. Now Im 190 and roughly the same bf. Not only you can maintain all your muscle mass if you switch to a vegan diet, youll also be able to progress further just like you would with a diet based on animal products. Obviously you need to adjusts your calories/proteins as vegan food tend to be less caloric dense (great for cutting, harder for bulking) but its definitely doable. Good luck and if you need any tips ask away (also, forget about complete protein, its not a problem if you eat a balanced diet)

>52g of protein each day

>vegans dont eat honey because it exploits bees and is lowering the bee population
huh, i guess we really dont care about bugs

But from a purely pragmatic standpoint, the industry is their and I only care about my own health. What advantage to have to gain by dropping eggs, milk (cheese I guess too), and fish?

Actually you probably need even less. Almost nobody needs 150g+ to sustain their muscles.

>complete protein
Beef Jew meme. All plant foods have all 9 essential amino acids
>Yeah but in suboptimal ratios!
Partly true. First of all, the "suboptimality" of the ratios is always exaggerated and never cited. Second, consider the following. Grains are high in methionine and low in lysine, legumes are low in methionine and high in lysine (methionine and lysine are two of the nine essential amino acids and I may have mixed up the grains and the beans)
So? Oats and pb in the morning, lentils at lunch, pasta with seitan for dinner. Vary your diet, and don't eat like a fruitard or something. You won't be just fine, you'll thrive big time
If you're that concerned about getting in 150 or 200 g per day, you will just have to eat more seitan, legumes, tofu, tempeh etc and less rice, potatoes and pasta.
If you still want to supplement with a powder, bulk powders and my protein are dirt cheap, especially the former.
If bulking more walnuts, almonds, pb etc, if cutting more greens to fill you up
Good luck!

>and is lowering the bee population

Why do vegans lie?