Vegan Thread

Vegan Revolution thread cont'd.
When did you finally see the light and go vegan, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIQvH3k_I6s
nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/15/eating-chicken-may-lead-to-a-smaller-penis/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
beaninstitute.com/beans-glycemic-index/
pastebin.com/RYmSEQUW
youtube.com/watch?v=PFOZlvouY7M
washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/these-athletes-went-vegan--and-stayed-strong/2016/11/22/58c2e674-865c-11e6-92c2-14b64f3d453f_story.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17518696
circ.ahajournals.org/content/108/22/2757.full.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More Alexey Voyevoda:
youtube.com/watch?v=NIQvH3k_I6s

which vegetable has more calories than meat per gram? I fucking hate eating a lot but I need calories to maintain

Literally every nut ever
Seitan if you want a low kcal high protein chicken/tuna substitute in terms of macros

I'm not sure exactly, but these are all high calorie:
Peanut butter
Oatmeal
Banana
Nuts in general
Oil in general
Avocados
Amaranth
Quinoa

I've got two

Better keep those on and supplement with nuts from the grocery store user

I'm asking for a vegetable, not fruits

Whatever man.

vegetable:
relating to plants or plant life, especially as distinct from animal life or mineral substances.
"vegetable matter"

Fuck veganism. Pescan here who eats fish. Even healthier than veganism.

Except mercury, concentrated pollutants, cholesterol, etc.

lol what an idiot.

Beef has 250 kcal/100g.
Chicken has 165 kcal/100g

Peanuts are 567 kcal/100g
Cashews are 553 kcal/100g
Soy is 446 kcal/100g.
Oats are 389 kcal/100g.
Corn is 365 kcal/100g.
Flour is 364 kcal/100g.
So if you're looking just for calories, macros be damned, and you don't care about your endocrine system, you can definitely cover your needs with plant stuff.

I started being vegan a few weeks ago because of these threads and I literally never felt as good as I feel today.

I have so much more energy and feel a lot healthier.

Now I can only laugh about the idiots who won't try a vegan or at least vegetarian diet.

This is me. Except I started 9 years ago before pescan became a fad.

Nice.

>and you don't care about your endocrine system
Please explain
Good for you

Are you making a point about how desperate meat eaters are to try to make vegans look bad?

I don't know much, so take it as just what I think.
There are a lot of hormones that are made from cholesterol (testosterone included). I know that the liver can produce some cholesterol when needed, but with this kind of diet it will be forced to metabolize sucrose and glucose a lot more than normal. So you risk overloading it.
Another aspect would be insulin, which will be continuously elevated, as all these foods have a high glycemic index and load. High insulin means low HGH, and low leptin.
But again, this is my understanding, I encourage you to learn from better sources than fit, if you really want to know what's up.

Animal fat is more dangerous for diabetics than a bit of sucrose and glucose actually. But I really appreciate you acknowledging that you aren't an expert and for people to not take your word for it. Not being sarcastic, genuinely appreciate it. A rare and honorable trait.

>There are a lot of hormones that are made from cholesterol (testosterone included). I know that the liver can produce some cholesterol when needed
At least you seem to be subtly admitting that dietary cholesterol DOES increase serum cholesterol, that's an excellent start
>but with this kind of diet it will be forced to metabolize sucrose and glucose a lot more than normal
Define "this kind of diet". Everyone and their mother eats rice and pasta unless on keto
And I'd argue that nuts, whole grains (oats, whole wheat pasta etc) and greens are pretty low in sugars
>Another aspect would be insulin, which will be continuously elevated, as all these foods have a high glycemic index and load. High insulin means low HGH, and low leptin.
Pretty sure beans, greens, nuts and soy products are really low on GI
Also pretty sure that easily digestible protein like whey and chicken breast is literally as high as sugar on the GI

100g of soybeans = 14g of protein 153 cal
100g of chicken breast = 28g of protein 134 cal
This is the power of faggotry.

Who pays Peta to make this shit? The nut industry?

Soya protein isolate
Protein content per 100g: 81g

And you don't have to sacrifice your dick size with phthalates or worry about added cholesterol, hormones, carcinogens, arsenic, etc.

Why'd you even bother?

>subtly admitting that dietary cholesterol DOES increase serum cholesterol
I realize I've been unclear in what I've said previously. I don't think dietary increases serum cholesterol, but I do think that saturated fats do increase it. And saturated fats are very rare in a vegan diet.
As for your other points, you are right that green vegetables (lettuce, crucifers, spinach), nuts (except cashews) and soy beans are low sugar and low GI. But starchy grains are very sugar dense. Starch is basically glucose mollecules chained together, and they are very easily broken down early in digestion.
A list of glycemic indices:
glucose: 100
table sugar: 63
whey: technically 0, but it is insulinogenic
chicken breast:

>cherrypicking the best animal product vs an average plant product
>what is tofu, tempeh and seitan

Spirulina
100 g = 57.5 g protein

>nut industry
definitely, dude

Hemp hearts
100g = 30.4 g protein

>I don't think dietary increases serum cholesterol
It doesn't matter what you think, what matters is the science.
The studies vegans will show you prove that blood cholesterol is raised by dietary cholesterol, the chaosandpain crowd will disagree. But here's the catch: Literally every study that denies the link between dietary and serum cholesterol is poorly designed. They do not take into account the fact that if your blood cholesterol is already high that eating more cholesterol won't increase it further, whereas having normal cholesterol (50-70) will be affected greatly even by a single egg
Another trick they employ in their studies is timing. They have the subjects' cholesterol measured fasted in the morning, they eat a high cholesterol meal at night and measure their cholesterol again next morning. The facade of honest, well designed research is that they measured both the before and the after during the same times of the day, but the dishonesty lies in the fact that a lot of time passed between the meal and the measuring time. Studies measuring cholesterol immediately before and shortly after eating eggs show a huge spike in blood cholesterol.

I'd like sources for the table at the bottom of your post, I really doubt that beans are literally as high GI as sugar. REALLY doubt it.

Furthermore, a more honest analysis would look at how insulinogenic a food item is, not how high GI it is.

Thank you for this post.

>what matters is vegan science*

he has a very small dick

meat makes meat

Be jelly all you want, but apparently he passed testing and even went through a lie detector to prove he's natty.

So he must be natty then.

No.
nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/15/eating-chicken-may-lead-to-a-smaller-penis/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

Dude lets spend stupid amounts of money on some weird isolate compound so we can pat ourselves on the back. And you melenial faggots wonder why you can't afford homes.

>seitan, tofu and tempeh
>weird isolate compound
>expensive
Were you dropped on your head as a child user?

Tofu and tempeh have shit macros seitian seems ok but is expensive and hard to find for me at least. Most of the food you name are soy based. I can pull you up a dozen meme articles about soy being bad for you just like you can about meat being bad for you.

These are not memes, it' vegan science.

You actually think tofu is good food? What the fuck... it's garbage tier.

The claims about soy being bad for you are myths though, the studies on meat being bad for you are up to date, all encompassing, and peer reviewed.

>Tofu and tempeh have shit macros
If that is shit macros to you, you must literally only consume meat with zero accompaniment of pasta or rice, and only have eggs for breakfast without even the yolk, or toast, or some fruit

>ITT: Intellectually challenged non-lifters with a fad diet

Yeah, I made a mistake with the beans GI. It's 40-60 relative to the GI of bread, but relative to glucose it's 27-40.
beaninstitute.com/beans-glycemic-index/
I guess I got my info about dietary cholesterol from articles based on the studies that you don't accept. I don't think we can change each other's minds on this topic then.

>I don't think we can change each other's minds on this topic then.
Come on, weren't my arguments good? Serious.

Lets see some of them peer reviewed studies then.
Yes they are shit macros. My carb of choice is usually potatoes or rice, I thought we were talking about good protein sources?

Reminder that cholesterol level doesn't mean shit and poorly relate to heart health. A better one is HDL level which is closely related to coronary heart diseases. HDL is not addected by any kind of diet. You should just not be fat (have a good fat%) and not be a potato couch. Everything else is bullshit.

pastebin.com/RYmSEQUW

The first link is a youtube video, good day.

From one of the authors of a huge study on cancer....

Nice excuse though.

I would need to go into those studies and check their methodology. And when I find the things you mention, I would agree with your points, but when I would find a fairer methodology (by your criteria), we would have to debate about some other minutiae.
And anyway, it's not like our positions are that different here. You say dietary cholesterol raises blood cholesterol, I say saturated fats raise it. Those kinda go hand in hand. I'm not aware of any food that has zero cholesterol but has high sat fats, or the opposite. It would take a very specific study to convince me, something like feeding of the same amount of cholesterol, but different amounts of sat fats, and then the other way around, with measuring of blood cholesterol as a tracker.
So it's not that your argument doesn't make sense, or wasn't good enough, it's that I would need to do a lot of digging to check it, and all for not much of a difference in the end.

>tfw I'm a meat eater who pushes vegan agenda
I find veganism correct on the moral side but becoming a vegan myself seems so far away lol

The only way to be on the modal side is to kill yourself.
Your mere existence is detrimental to the other species.

It's so easy. Just do it and you'll see. Here:
www.pinterest.com/vfortheanimals

I went vegan overnight after watching www.meat.org and I think doing it overnight is definitely the best way to do it. It's fun trying all the new foods and you never look back once you realize how fucking good it tastes and how easy it is. It's just a shift in consciousness I guess. Once you stop seeing animal products as food, you don't think of yourself as restricted at all. Especially when stuff like Gardein exists.

Are you me?
ASL?

>there are people who listen to PETA

You realize he's vegan now, right?

Still an idiot I'm sure, but vegan.

is it that time again?

I didn't say that there is anything wrong with being a vegan. I did say that there is something wrong by being affiliated with the cumguzzlers over at PETA.

His video on PETA was filled with lies and logical fallacies though. Not saying PETA is absolutely perfect, but he's a legit retard.

Why is Penn "le trashman" Jillette an "idiot"?

if veganism is so great how come every athlete who dominates their sport eats meat?

Most people are meat eaters you fuckwit, so every vegan in a sport is 1% competing against 99%. It's pretty remarkable how many top athletes there are who are vegan considering that.

>so every vegan in a sport is 1% competing against 99%.
but if vegan is the healthiest diet wouldn't the top athletes switch to it to help them perform better?
seems like the ppl who win more eat meat. and the ppl who lose more eat vegan.

A ton of athletes ARE switching to vegan diets to help them perform better. What a retarded assumption.

Also health is a complex subject and athletic feats are not necessarily indicators of good health. In fact some athletes have terrible health.

Vegans are pure COPE. The mental gymnastics are amazing. So one guy just asks "If veganism is superior, why don't all serious atheletes switch to it ?". A simple question. But watch in wonder as vegans distort the very definition of "health" itself to fit their shitty ideology. Wonderful. It is a cult at this point, and I am convinced that vegans are mentally ill much like obese people.
And this is coming from a vegetarian person. Literally fuck off retards

>A ton of athletes ARE switching to vegan diets to help them perform better.
like who?

federer is old af and still the healthiest player on the tennis tour at the age of 35.

youtube.com/watch?v=PFOZlvouY7M
Mr. Universe is vegan.

David Carter for one.

And more: washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/these-athletes-went-vegan--and-stayed-strong/2016/11/22/58c2e674-865c-11e6-92c2-14b64f3d453f_story.html

>David Carter
The Chicago Bears signed Carter to a one-year contract on July 28, 2015.[4] On September 5, 2015, he was released by the Bears.[5]

damn

Every since I switched to veganism, I've had this insatiable lust for cocks but I was a straight man before. Help? I don't want be gay.

And he switched to be a vegan about a year after he became Mr Universe.

Why are meat eaters always so defensive? Christ. You act like this is a crusade. Can't just find it interesting that Mr. Universe is vegan, have to find something negative to comment about.

Mr universe is also on roids, roids aren't very natural or healthy now are they mr vegan.

Mrs.* And probably not - to be honest I've never actually researched them myself, just always hear things like they make your penis small or your clit big. Does every bodybuilder have to be all natty for you guys to be happy? How come you're cool with it if they're a meat eater?

Because they don't preach about health while dumping 1gram of tren into their ass

Also, vegans aren't typically the ones making the "hurr durr but it's natural" argument. Just sayin.

It's actually easy as shit once you make the switch. I could understand it being difficult if you go out to eat often but if you're just cooking at home most days it's very simple.

Yes they do though.

>x bodybuilder is now vegan meat eaters btfo
You brought it up, I don't care what he eats.

I just thought it was neat. He seems like a pretty sweet dude. Also he said his performance improved didn't he?

>doesn't compete in anything
>just debates destiny on fucking yt
lmao

No idea I didn't watch, if he's happy with his diet and performance more power to him.

Found the retard

>cholesteral (fucking lol at this retard spelling)

"When you eat eggs, you aren't eating LDL or HDL. You are eating dietary cholesterol, saturated fat, plus a wholee host of fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E,K), omega 3 fatty acids, choline, and numerous other helpful vitamins. It is your body that produces LDL and HDL from what you eat. In general, eggs can increase your HDL and can also minimally increase your LDL. But the more important question is do they increase your risk for heart disease and stroke? We don’t die from high cholesterol. We die from heart attacks and strokes, so in the end, that is what we need to prevent.

It turns out, for the general population, there is no solid evidence that eggs increase our cardiovascular risk."

>sodium
not necessarily a bad thing, especially when considering this entire board consists of active lifestyles. you NEED sodium, as well as adequate hydration to maximise performance. Drink a glass of water moron.

>protein
6g, yeah, from one egg. Who eats one egg when they make scrambled eggs? fucking idiot.

>calcium
who gives a FUCK about 40% higher in some random ass mineral. Eggs have vitamins (A, D, E,K), omega 3 fatty acids, choline and a shit tonne more (as mentioned above,

heres one they didn't account for

>taste

eggs are delicious, tofu tastes bad on its own.
EAT EGGS THEY ARE GOOD

>It turns out, for the general population, there is no solid evidence that eggs increase our cardiovascular risk."
Bullshit
Heart Disease:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17518696
circ.ahajournals.org/content/108/22/2757.full.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
>nutrients
Pic related. It's fair because it's isocaloric. If anything, it's biased against tofu, because on the eggs I assumed boiled (which taste like ass), not scrambled that has butter in it
>taste
lol ok man eat eggs without salt and pepper and tell me how good they taste
>b-b-but of course you'd add salt and pepper, maybe even some hot sauce
Yeah, same here. Of course if you eat tofu plain it's going to taste plain

fwiw i eat eggs raw (uncooked, no spices) and i like the taste

Thank you for this.

Guys you can still body build while vegan, all you have to do is eat a metric fuckton of chickpeas every day

Oh god, this one's even better. I decided to make up for the 5 less calories in tofu with 1.5 g nooch (vegan cheese). Now the calories are way closer to equal.
LOOK AT THE NUTRIENTS
CLUCKED BY FUCKING TOFU
fucking kek
less protein
less vitamins except 1 or 2
less minerals except selenium
K E K
E
K
user, I ate tons of meat, cheese and eggs for 24 years. I ate everything, I had a very curious appetite. The 3 foods I never managed to happily consume and ask for seconds were okras, organ meats and raw eggs.