How much did you DB bench as a n00b?

For me? 15kg, then 20kg when I got the technique right.

We talking per DB? in that case 8kg. Now 34 kgs

I remember doing 10kg's for like 2 sessions.
Now ~35kg's 4 months later.

probably 30s first time i tried? now on the natty 46s

I didn't really try that technique as a noob but I did manage to bench lmao1pl8 my first try so probably in the 50-60s range.

Started with like 14kg dumbbells, I go as high as 50kg for 4-6 reps.
We don't have any higher in my gym.

How to progress on dumbell bench?

If it's the first exercise I'm doing before stuff like incline how many reps and sets?

I was weak as fuck so I started with 15lbs each dumbbell. The rest of my lifts were equally as shit, but hey we have to start somewhere right?

Watch alphadestiny video how to db bench.

I cringe on 90% people form, rotator cuff killer.

U dont.

Its meant as a acessory. Progress first on numbet on reps, then technique( pause at bottom, longer squeze then up the weight cuz jumps at larger dbs are too big)

>Flat dumbell bench is an accessory

m8 Even Rippletits thinks dumbell bench is better than barbell bench

Never really tried DB benching until I was comfortable with working sets of 225. Think I started with 75lbs

Nowadays I just grab something around 90-115 depending on how much volume/intensity I want

3x6 initially and you should be able to move up a dumbbell each week as long as you are eating properly

When you can't move up a weight start progressing as follows;

3x6 with X weight
3x8 with X weight
3x6 with Y weight
3x8 with Y weight

At the very end you may have to add a 3x10 in there but really this should get you up to the max DBs in your gym (50kg at mine)

never did bilateral dumbells as a newbie, because my shoulders are uneven and I needed a barbell to stabilize

>We don't have any higher in my gym.
There's a dude in my gym who adds wrist weights and lately even started to tie microplates on top of that.

Weird thing is, he can't even bench the 37kg dumbells we have and the gym has two sets of adjustables with oly collars, that can hold up to 150kg per side.

>Watch alphadestiny
I cringe

Over what time period?

>alpha destiny
CRIIIIIIIIIIIINGE.... YEUGH!!

Probably 6kg's in the beginning but worked my way up to 37,5kg over time until shoulder impingement got the better of me

How did you get a shoulder impingement?

I started with 16kg and now I do 32kg

Bad sleeping habits but had posture problems beforehand. Sucks hard when you can overheadpress 75kgx1 while you barely bench 1pl8 because of it

I used 25 lb weights for 2 sets of 10, then last set was 30 lb for 5 reps and dropset to 20 lbs.

4 months later:

>35 lb for 15 reps
>40 for 10 reps
>45 or 50 for 5 reps then dropset to 35 for another 10 reps

More info please.
I had bad posture when I started working out and even though it has improved a lot it's still not on point.

Also I always sleep on my stomach.

Shoulder impingement is my nr. 2 fear in working out.

Basically I had shoulders which are rolled forward all my life and the actual impingement started when I was gaming while lying sideways in my bed and holding half my bodyweight on my elbow and shoulder joint which was also an impingement-situation for the shoulder itself.

But it got way better since doing facepulls. Before the pain was so unbearable I woke up without being able to move whole left arm