Is PPL a brosplit that should be avoided?

Is PPL a brosplit that should be avoided?

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Lists/WorkoutMenu.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, it's the goat routine for a mix of strength and aesthetics

it's bad because you'll quit going to the gym 5-6x/week after the first week

I'll just do four times and skip the legs bit

No

Good plan that's what I do and my legs look fine

just do PPL + back&chest + shoulders&arms, so you end up going 5 time a week.

Why not just do pplpp

I do it Pull -> Push -> Legs, never liked doing legs the day after I've done back.

Why not just go 5-6 days a week, doing the next round in the cycle each time?
If u do pplpp week one, do lpplp the next and so on

more volume, on chest you're always htting shoulders a bit, and on back day, your are also hitting biceps, same goes for other passive muscles or what ever the fuck it's called in englishh. the next day you train them specifcly = more volume which is good for natties

Or you could just try not being a pussy.

that's not what brosplit means

It's pretty good just look at the guy in the pic

How do you anons do core with a PPL routine?

I do plp and lots of drop sets so I only go to the gym three times a week. I have to go before work at 4am so I'm not going to wake up at that time more than three times a week.

I just add some ab isolation at the end of my workout every other day

What r drop sets?

Deadlift every other pull workout
Squats every leg workout
Abs after each leg day
>Im kinda dyel tho, just hit 1/1.5/2.5/3

I don't understand the benefit of doing only push movement on one day and only pull on another. Feels like broscience if I'm honest.

90% of progress is diet anyway. Routines are meme tier for the most part.

abs on legday. i don't do much for legs anyway, just squats and calf raises, so there's plenty of room there

Yes, just do push pull where a squat is a push and the deadlift is a pull so you train the legs more than once a week. ez

How is it broscience to give your muscles a rest in order to avoid overexertion?
Routines give consistency which is the one of the most important things of hitting the gym.
90% of your post is broscience.

post em

I do arms+shoulders/core+chest+back/legs. Why is ppl better?

Agonist antagonist is the most efficient split. Period.

Kys if you do ppl

>seriously implying you're ever overexerting yourself
Day 1 low weight high reps.
Day 2 medium weight medium reps.
Day 3 high weight low reps.
>rest day
repeat.
Your muscles do not need nearly as much rest as you're assuming.
Provide citations otherwise, unless you're lifting max weight every single day until total and utter failure you're never overexerting yourself. To imply otherwise admits you don't know shit about lifting.

>you need to lift max every session to exert your muscles
How long you been lifting
Also, debunk the routine meme or admit you're retarded

GET YE GONE ALPHA DESTINY

Its pretty good. Another good option would be a simple horizontal/vertical split. Do rows and bench on one day and ohp and weighted pullups on another. There is research suggesting that pulling is good to do prior to your pressing.

Wong. been doing this for 10 years (with a few routine changes here and there).

do abs every time you go to the gym but hit a different group (crunches/obliques/core)

I can only go 5x a week
should I do PPLPP?

I only have time to hit the gym 4 times a week because I still want to do some running and boxing. What do? I realise PPLxPPL is one of the best

You must be trolling. It is very basic science that too much exercise without rest causes entropy. Unless you're juicing, you should train each muscle once a week. If you think you have hit a plateau, there are routines which allow you to hit each muscle twice a week as a way to shock your muscles.

Already a year on PPL, if you can't stand gym 6xWeek then you are a pussy

Benchpress, Squats, Deadlift. What else do you need?

You can do ULxULxx,
Or include knee extention exercises on push day (squat, leg press)
and put hip extention on pull day (DL, glute work) and do a PPxPxPx

Do one day of swimming, and back-bi; Chest-tri; Shoulder-traps; Legs

Can I do two days of swimming? Ican't do more than 5 days a week because the only gym in my town (very small town) opens only monday-friday, but I could take swimming classes one day of the week and on saturdays.

how is PHUL for a PPL routine

OHP, rows, power cleans, cleans, weighted pullups and dips,
Eh, build your own home gym? Really you just need dip bars and/or rings, pull up bar, power rack and a barbell with plates. Thats all you need to get stronger.

>causes entropy

You always increase the entropy of the universe, user. I think you mean atrophy, lol

PPLUL

5-6x/week really isn't that bad, considering how short the workouts are. I can do each workout plus accessories in probably 1 hour, 1.5 hours absolute tops

How long do you rest for typically?

I do front squat on Push days. Is it a meme tier exercise?

I've been doing DNA guy's PPL all summer but my bench has stalled
What other chest exercises should I do?

Not the guy you replied to, but the longest rest interval I have is 5 minutes for squats, but everything else is anywhere from 1 minute to 3 minutes (most 1.5 minutes or less).

I hope no one takes this bait

>t. BTFO brotard

I do PPxPPxx (starting on Monday)

Squats on Push day, DLs on Pull day, I see no need for a dedicated leg day.

You understand that even the most basic beginner routines like SS and SL hit the main parts of the body 3 times a week right?

You do understand that frequency is still king for attaining natty gains right? Especially for beginners milking those noob gains.

exrx has a good list of template work outs for whatever your need is.

>doesn't post a link

h o l y f u c k
what does it take to google exrx and follow the links? Do you have a subhuman iq?

exrx.net/Lists/WorkoutMenu.html

for the mentally impaired.

Do you also only take 1 - 1.5 hours per PPL session?
I feel like I waste so much time resting.

lrn how to 2 internet stupid nigger

you were on the webpage long enough to screenshot it, copy and paste the link to what it is your talking about dingus

I use leg day to hit a lot of otherwise ignored groups. Mostly for leg curls, which helped me break a DL plateau cause of weak hammies, abs, and calf raises. That right there is already a lot of volume if you hit squats hard.

Also doing DL right after squatting hits a lot of the same secondaries, especially in lower back if you are doing low bar. I think these are the main reasons people stick to PPL. I would go pull, push, legs though to seperate DL and squat.

If you want to go to the gym 6 times a week which isn't worth it in my opinion. Upper/lower or full body is what I prefer so I can actually have a life.

45-90s is standard if you are going for hypertrophy, especially in isolation exercises.

2-3m is what most people do on the heavier compounds though, and if you go full retard powerlifting rests hit 10 minutes when you get into more advanced routines.

>all these DYELs that get through a laundry list of exercises in 1-1.5 hours

Absolutely none of you are lifting heavy.

..but.. but they don't LIKE doing deadlifts and squats. girls don't even look at legs anyway.

No, they just don't look at their legs, because they don't have any.

ulxpplx is superior

just do a program that is tried and true since you don't know shit about proper programming in the first place.
you can train abs everyday
push (chest, tris, shouldes)
pull (back and bis)
le leg day
yes it's just a bro split
rows and pull ups to build a good back and so you dont fuck up your shoulders. and ohp so you arent a dyel and have good frontal delts for bench.
yeah this, you dont need to do 30 accessories. they are called accessories for a reason.

Thanks for the input m8.
Gonna try doing 45s for my isolations and 2.5 - 3m on my compounds tomorrow.

Well there's the problem, new lifters shouldn't be lifting PPL and no one should recommend it to them. Its best for people who already know what they're doing. Who the fuck was saying that?

As I said squats and DL are on separate days, I do traditional deads on pull day1 and romanian deads/or/good mornings on pull 2. On push1 I do Zercher squats and hack squats on push2.

Calf raises are useless to me, being naturally builtfat I have beautiful calves. And I'm not entering Mr. Olympia this year so why the fuck would I care about my calves. I walk allday erday

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
StandingCalf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

Do abs everyday

>As I said squats and DL are on separate days, I do traditional deads on pull day1 and romanian deads/or/good mornings on pull 2. On push1 I do Zercher squats and hack squats on push2.

I worded that poorly. I'm saying 24 hours of rest isn't enough because you do squats and DL the day after. Depends a lot on if you do hi/low bar squats, but there is overlap on the secondaries to a lesser degree regardless.

Yeah I fuck with calves cause I just felt weird only hitting them when I brace for other shit. Isolation on them is prolly overkill.

45s or less if hypertrophy is your only concern is straight out of practical programming, idk why most people say to rest 60-120s. I don't just because hypertrophy isn't my main goal, good luck though.

PPL is fucking retarded.

First of all only hitting each muscle twice per week...? ( more like once per week, let's be honest who the fuck goes to the gym 6 days a week? Unless you're a NEET this isn't happening )

Then... WHY would you split up legs into their own day? For what damn reason would you not just combine legs to one of the other days and then be doing Upper/Lower? It makes absolutely no sense to have a seperate day for legs.

>45s or less if hypertrophy is your only concern is straight out of practical programming

[citation needed]

rest 5+ minutes if u need to recover idiot

post body

curiosity

So you can rest your arms ya twat

You don't need that much rest retard

page 65 practical programming by rip bruh.

Also, arnold. 5+ is more for strength/power specific.

bost body

>reading a book by a fat faggot

5/10 for two responses tho u dun gud

except that's not rippletoe

PPL is the best split for guys. UL is the best split for girls.

You are small and weak.

Best ab isolation exercises that don't involve machines?

rollouts

>rollouts
Wheel is machine.

what's your fucking problem

Your lack of reading comprehension you mong.

You're a whooty.

No it's a good routine, it's just kind of unnecessary. You could get the same results in half that time if you trained fullbody. Also, keep in mind a lot of that shit has overlap. If one day for pull, you decide to do some pendlay rows, you just also hit your legs and are then impeding recovery. ALSO, you might be working different muscle groups, but you're working the same nervous system. You're not giving yourself enough time to recover.

why the fuck would u split legs into their own day?

>back&chest
>shoulders&arms
>implying you can work your back or chest without your arms or shoulders
this is why these splits are fucking retarded

I guess you don't want to use your body either because of the levers
buy a $10 wheel and stop being a pedantic faggot

Nigger point to the fucking lever on your body right now, then take a photo so I can jerk off to your dumb ass.

Because you can then use the second half of the day for cardio or to target areas falling behind

It depends on your goals, but
>if you're skinnyfat, you can do squats and deads, and/or cardio
>if you're ottermode, you can add ab work to the leg day (it's all hip-connected movements)

If you're none of the above, yeah you can just do a 4-day Push/Pull, with squats on first push day, and deadlifts on second pull day, ABxAxBx.

If you're a girl, an UL split is nice because you get a 1:1 ratio, thus not training your upper body as much. Guys will prefer PPL because it means a 2:1 ratio.

But yeah, some guys need less legs.