When will you stop using the retarded-cringe inducing imperial system and embrace the patrician metric system?

When will you stop using the retarded-cringe inducing imperial system and embrace the patrician metric system?

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why are yuroapes so incapable of using non-base 10 systems? do they still count on their fingers and toes? do they not understand the usefulness of least common multiples?

Are you seriously trying to imply the imperial system is better? There's a reason engineers use metric you drooling autist. Neck yourself.

Never you fucking jew

>engineers use metric
But I'm a better engineer than any of those that you know, and I use both. Does this upset you, my Yuropoor friend?

I never have understood why europoors hate on the imperial system. If they like metric so much then stick with it and let Americans use imperial.

I sometimes use pounds to make comprehending my posts a bit easier for our mentally challenged American friends here. Unless you are afore mentioned kind of person, an American subhuman, there is no reason to use the imperial system desingned for retards.

>using feet to measure things

literally kangz tier

Objectively the imperial system is shit, you are used to it but it doesn't mean it's good nor it makes any fucking sense whatsoever.

Objectively, the myriad regional European languages are shit and you should all be speaking Esperanto. And yet you don't. Instead, you complain about American hegemony on an American imageboard.

>hurr I'm so American
>can't even read smoke signals

Veeky Forums is and always has been an American website. Just because it's modeled after a weaboo moonspeak BBS doesn't change the fact that it was made FOR AMERICANS, BY AMERICANS

If you can't handle that, fuck off back to your pathetic Euro Veeky Forums spinoffs.. except you won't, because the American version is far superior

Just like in everything else. Stay cucked faggots

Here's an helpful chart so that Americans can easily convert their shit units to decent ones.

>I never have understood why europoors hate on the imperial system
Try the entire planet. Only America, Liberia and Myanmar don't use it, and Myanmar is already moving towards implementing metric. That leaves only two African countries without it.

And everyone outside of America and mini-America hates imperial because it's fucking retarded. The average American can't, without using google, tell you how many quarts are in a gallon or how many gallons fit in a cubic foot, or how many feet are in a mile.

And then there's the fact that imperial is in its very nature more primitive. It's human-centric. A foot is the length of your foot, a yard the distance between your nose and thumb, a pint how much beer you drink et cetera. Meanwhile système internationale doesn't base itself on humans, but the observable world. A meter is the distance between the equator and the north pole divided by a million, a liter is exactly how much fits in a cubic decimeter, celcius is based on the freezing temperature of water, kelvin is based on the absolute zero in temperature et cetera.

It's the difference between riding a bike and riding a tricycle.

>A meter is the distance between the equator and the north pole divided by a million

get out the fucking tape measure and prove it

That would just prove if the tape measure is right or wrong, the meter is the distance between the equator and the north pole divided by a million by definition.

>inb4 that's the old definition

For the purpose of it's discussion, both new and old definitions are the same, and the old definition it's easier to explain than "the length of the path traveled by light in a vacuum in 1/299792458 seconds"

I'm not an engineer, I don't give a fuck what they use. I'm a carpenter and the imperial system is objectively better for my daily use. I genuinely feel sorry for my european brethren in the trades who have to work and build with autism units.

Daily reminder limeys measure weight in stones, so I don't want hear any shit from those retarded cunts.

>hurr I'm so European
>can't read Celtic runes

Cringe haha 12 btw

How are crime and obesity rates doing over there?

There's nothing wrong with imperial unless you're in STEM. Yes imperial has dumb units like slugs and lbf but who gives a shit unless you're legitimately calculating things.

God I'm sick of these threads.

What this user said plus the fact that there's only one earth, but there are as many feet as there are people. Getting out the measuring tape and proving it would not only be spanning the horse behind the cart, but it would also prove that metric is simply a more accurate system. Any official foot would simply be too varied from almost everyone's actual feet.

Can we at least all agree that both MM-DD-YYYY and DD-MM-YYYY are bad formats and everyone should just use YYYY-MM-DD?

How's the voluntary foreign invasion of your country going?

Yes.

YYYY-MM-DD > DD-MM-YY > [POWER GAP] > MM-DD-YYYY

Americans have the annoying tendency to adopt the most retarded systems possible.

>le 60% face

>using the brainlet system
No thanks, brainlet.

>Americans have the annoying tendency to adopt the most retarded systems possible.

like they do with communism recently

>Yes imperial has dumb units like slugs

Slugs, what's that?

>The slug, a unit associated with imperial and US customary systems, is a mass that accelerates by 1 ft/s2 when a force of one pound (lbf) is exerted on it.

Oh shit

> Year 22XX
> Humanity is an interplanetary species
> Intergalactic lifting competitions will use newtons instead of kg to so that they can be hosted on multiple planets
> Go to Veeky Forums
> Everyone shares their PRs in slugs

You just KNOW 4chans quality would increase DRASTICALLY if Americans got rangebanned

When I post on Veeky Forums I always post in SI. Other non-Americans should do the same, if they prefer the SI units.

Due to timezone differences, this might not even affect Americans that much.

>My arbitrary system of measurement is better!
>No, MY arbitrary system of measurement is better!

No. I refuse to live like foreign scum.

Stay triggered cucks and keep having to shit up your measurements for us hahahahaha

There's already containment chans for foreigners, please take all of your ilk with you

Except only one of those systems is arbitrary, and the other based on objective worldly observations. Fahrenheit is arbitrary, Kelvin assumes the absolute zero in temperature as its starting point. Miles are arbitrary, the length of a meter is based on the size of the planet itself. And then there's the fact that all the units of the metric system easily fit into the system, are easily convertable into one another et cetera. You don't hae this with imperial, the system that's actually arbitrary.

Unless you want to use reductio ad absurdum and state that using any sort of measuring tool is arbitrary.

>keep having to shit up your measurements for us hahahahaha
Other way around fampai
space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html

I meant in the context of this website, no one here works for NASA or any of the European counterparts

Then what's the point of his comment? Does he think all of us care about his "look how much I can bench p-plz respond" shitposts?

>implying the imperial system isn't ideal for laymans and that most people don't have any use for anything under a centimeter.

Honestly this, Americans are what I imagine would happen if you introduce a monkey to the internet

Given that our society is becoming more scientific, greater scientific literacy is a neccessity among the laity. Teaching them the more scientific system from scratch is a lot easier.
>B-BUT IT'S MUCH EASIER TO WORK WITH FEET THAN WITH METERS
Not if you've used meters for your entire life. Americans can roughly guess how many feet a certain distance is, but the rest of the planet can do that just as easily with meters.

Shits fucked. My fluid mechanics professor was Canadian and always gave us some questions in imperial. Fluids is already retarded since they measure pressure in mm of water or mercury half the time, when they start using slugs and kips and foot-pounds-per-square-inch-per-second my comprehension drops to 0

my nigger. 12 is the most patrician number, followed closely by 16. 10 is gay and for fags.

How are either of those any less arbitrary than using the freezing temp of brine or whichever queen's foot the foot is based on? (it's not)

The only thing metric has over imperial is that it's easy for retards to divide into smaller units and that using it makes it easier to discuss shit with other countries.

Why would year be at the front? That's the least relevant piece of information. Everyone knows what fucking year it is. Day first is better. Month first is fine because that's how you say it in everyday conversation.