Honest question

Honest question.

Why do you keep lifting heavy weight? You keeping doing massive damage to your joints long term.

You will end up with arthritis very early on and I know some of you are younger but you need think about the longevity of your joints and life style.

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/introducing-adamantium-bone-broth/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18508822
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a shame it's so fun.

Once you've felt a high weight on your shoulders, doing lower weight more reps just seems boring

OP kinda has a point. I have a torn meniscus and I'm only 19 so it's a huge drawback, I agree. But to be able to put a shit load of weight on your back and continually make gains is important to me as well. May sound stupid, but I'm still going to try and squat over 350 when I recover.

what is considered 'heavy weight'?

1/2/3/4?

take collagen and hyaluronic acid supplements

My gym is run by a power/weighlifting club and almost every serios lifter has something fucked in their body. The youngest is a kid who fucked up his knees at 19. There are perfectly healthy ones of course, mostly under 40 year olds, but over that, there is nothing but arthiritis, hip replacements, torn this and that, bulging discs you name it.

I did some olympic lifting training there as well, but decided to quit before any injuries occured. Took on cycling, while still lifting for looks, and never looked back.

this seems like a good idea. I have been experimenting with hydralized collagen, specifically from the great lakes brand (its made by jews by the way?)

Supposidly, the theory behind it is that we ate more of the animal before, and thus gained, and eventually also needed more of the weirder parts of the animal to function properly.

Bone broth is a somewhat extremer example, but basically, if you boil bone for like 2 days it dissolves into gooiey crap. And that is supposedly very good. I am not bio chemical expert, but I can tell you that nail growth has doubled, and hair growth potentially as well. So for the ligaments it must be good, rite?

Glucosamine apparently only increases the repair rate by about 2% and vitamin b5 in one study (very loose and shaky study probably) did so with 30% for the ligaments.

Besides this, I have also read and viewed some materials that said that proper diet can affect your parts very much. If your blood vessels are narrowed from improper nutrition, it cannot supply the more boney parts with minerals. Could have something to do with it, not sure though.

Im not going to even finish reading your post.

Arthritis is an autoimmune disease, and doesnt have (significant) relation with mechanical stress.
You are thinking about osteoarthritis/arthrosis.

You fucking cunt didnt even read a wikipedia article on yhe subject before coming here and profetising shit and acting like an authority
Fuck off

Jeesus christ, literally the first phrase on wikipedia about arhritis is:

>Arthritis is a term often used to mean any disorder that affects joints.

Then it goes on listing types of arthritis, which include rheumatic and osteoarthritis.

im sure blood flow helps but joints dont get nutrients directly from blood, they aee not connected to the blood stream. they get oiled up with a nutrient rich grease type thing

this means that joint activity and movement is healthy for joints since it spreads it around the joint and brings in more. very much like oiled gears obviously

intraresting, any source on that, plus are there ways to be deficient in that, and ways to be extra in that? What are the dietary triggers for this?

source that a blood vessel doesnt run through your knee joint?

wat? That blood vessel lore is tied to the disks in your spine. How....what...I didnt mean it as a thing to question you I just desired to know more dude.

Basic anatomy. There are no veins or arteries in cartilage, they get all (or most of) their nutrients directly from the synovial fluid
That's why being active is very important

Cycling can fuck up knees just as much tbqh. That repeated unnatural motion on the joints is definately not doing you any good. If you go easy on the acceleration and power then youll be okay but you probably dont do that.

Is that why cycling is, together with swimming, recommended as a treatment for alliviating arthritis symptoms? Cause it fucks your knees?

In all fairness cycling can fuck up your knees if you accelerate and use power. Baisically if you go hard enough to lose breath or sweat - you are fucking up your knees.

Is there any form of exercise other than swimming that won't fuck you up in some way? Long-term goal is being able to wipe my own ass when I'm 90, thanks.

No exercise will fuck you up while it is low intensity.

YOLO

kek at all the beta dyels ITT

This. It's just easier to start ego lifting too heavy, than to over do swimming or cycling. That's why crossfit is a good idea on paper, but abused beyond believe.

I just want to hit 1/2/3/4 then start adding reps, won't go over that weight

Is this a solid approach ?

Anyone that pushes the boundaries of there own personal limits risk injury. That is just a fact.

Going to the gym and working out by its very nature is destructive to the body. Without stress and breakage you don't get growth.

Most of the banged up guys are that way because they pushed to hard to long at the edge of there own limits.

You can lift heavy well into old age, but backing off and knowing limits is critical.

You also have to consider how fucked up are the guys at home on the couch plowing back a 2L of Pepsi and Costco Doritos. the studies show physically active people are healthier even when considering injuries.

Seconding this

>swimming
Lol enjoy your asthma and complete lack of bone density.

But swimming is good for asthma? I lift and swim, what does that say about my bone density?

>bone broth
examine.com/nutrition/introducing-adamantium-bone-broth/

This is probably why asians in japan who are light and have good diets and do light exercise are so healthy at older ages unlike powerlifters who either put on weight or look like paraplegics(this is common post military career) because their joints are so fucked up. Im thinking about doing light endurance exercises but i hear conflicting sources on repeated motions wearing the joints down vs lubricating and helping them, and since im young i cant tell the diff yet, i just know that heavy sets hurt my joints from my own experience. Im looking to be low bf, trim, cut and then bulk in a few areas like chest and shoulders, but preferably once i get on a diet that i can confidently believe is best for joints because at the end of the day if your skeleton is fucked YOU and your ego gains are fucked as well, so make sure its worth it.

We really need to work on an routine that cuts out anything that hurts the spine.
Lunges and shit.

Your future is dire

wtf is going on in america? t. europoor

communists
You trying to pretend there isn't endless hordes of commies in EU too? When your fucking navies are picking up negroids then shipping them to Italy?

let's not concern ourselves with a 3rd world shithole eurofriend

Lifting improves the joints over the long run. Competetive lifting doesnt. Theres a huge difference between the two. Being sedentary is one of the worst things you can do. Being fat and sedentary is the only thing thats worse

Just do a lot of work to decompress the spine, like lat pulldowns, reverse hypers, and weighted dead hangs.

Collagen supplements are a meme. What, do you think the collagen magically migrates to your joints and patches up the cartilage? It gets broken down to AAs just like any protein in your stomach and those AAs are repurposed for whatever the body needs. Literally any protein source that contains the same amino acids as collagen (probably your standard meat) will have the same effect.

No idea about the acid though.

Thats stupid. Injuries of the spine is common. Even most people who doesnt have pain have something wrong with their spine. Even among 20 year olds. And the % of people with spinal defects and no ain rises as we age. Its not an issue at all. Overuse and repetetive motions, like certain jobs, are the cause of most back pain, and general lifestyle. Lifting prevents back pain, or improves it, drastically.

But what do you consider "heavy"? 1/2/3/4?

Either way, I always go high intensity but I make sure to lash in periods of high volume too

probably just sitting more in general too, and looking down at phones/pc's is my guess

Once you hit 1/2/3/4 you´ll want to go even further beyond.

Sitting isnt really bad. Its staying in one position that is bad. So standing the exact same way all day long is also bad. People who have very stationary jobs have a lot of back issues. Like production jobs and drivers.

>You will end up with arthritis very early
27 and already have it my man

Most of you just made excuses for your heavy lift not with science but with broscience.

Enjoy your crippled body.

Actual medical science is the red pill to these fags.

No one here is going to admit they wrong. Ask an addict if they have have a problem.

Enjoy your 90 year old joints at 25.
Enjoy your high blood pressure at 25.
Enjoy your back pain.
Enjoy your hernia's.
Enjoy your heart problems.

I would rather train for health and easthetics. You don't need heavy to gain muscle.

Nerd

So random creeps can just destroy public monuments they suddenly dont like? Every statue is usually some guy who did some questionable shit, at least any leader/general. Churchill sold off half of europe on a piece of napkin to the commies,should I as a eastyuropoor feel entitled to jackhammer his london monument and get triggered that the cops are trying to stop me,assuming they do.
God it never ends,does it

The Black sun is rising. This time there will be no places to hide. Its a global thing,multicultural even,since they are so fond of that,in time we will ahow them what that truly means

Lower weight with higher rep counts is worse for your joints though. It's repetitive use that wears joints out.

I mean you're more likely to blow out your shoulder tightening bolts than you are benching heavy.

The way I see it is property shouldn't be damaged and that art should never be censored nor destroyed.
Statues are art so I don't care if it's of Hitler himself back the fuck up.
That being said those white nationalists deserved to be shat on, bunch of whiny flabby "men" who's only claim to not being shit is their genetics.
Would like to see a "nationalist" wave a nazi flag in front of an WWII vet if they were able-bodied.

I don't know what goes through someone's mind when they protest but then decide to become destructive, you are hurting your cause.
I understand riots because those are shitty people who are taking advantage of the situation, but these people actually act like they care.

>lifting heavy weights destroys your joints
[citation needed]

Sooo just don't egolift and you'll be fine?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18508822

swimming fucks up your shoulders

You know what else causes massive long term joint injuries, being a fatfuck

Communists dogpiling neo-nazis when the communists started it.

Lifting helped me cure my tendinitis and stopped my chronic pain.

Nice bait though. 6/10

Well being obese also does massive damage to your joints AND internal organs

T: fucked in the ass by a "child" refugee and can't own a handgun and has a small penor

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

To look juicy duh nigga

wondering the same thing. is it a relative thing - IE ~5rm? or is it a fixed weight