twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pants and romaleos say to me more like blushu starter pack

Virtus just took us to the BEST Italian place

Was it Buca di Beppo

How do I fix this absolute bullshit?
No bullying and please respond

thanks to the person who recommended nsuns

also found out that I have my wrists way too much back in OHP and bench press

I bet no one will respond to this, very sad.
Just fucking tell me how to fix the hip shift.

Fix what, exactly? Your partial nudity?

you really squat that wide? your vertical jump must be shit, powerlifting is only way for you as being athlethic wont ever happen to you

hip shift is caused by muscular imbalances in your legs atlethiclet

Stick a squat plug in there

Squat stance has nothing to do with how athletic you are lmao, it's about leverages and ankle-mobility

who is this kid again? i keep seeing this pic and other pics of him in disc..

when are you going to post a pic of your boner

this comic always gives me a raging hardon

Fcukin hell this Norman khan was just ITCHING TO COME OUT

BRRRRRFFFFFFT SPLAT

PLOP

PLOP

PLOP

LOG AFTER LOG THE NORMAN KHAN KEEPS SPILLING INTO TBE PAJEET WATER AKA PAJEET DISPOSAL BOWL

EW THIS NORMAN KHAN just REEKS of stench so STINKY and SMELLY

THIS IS WHAT I IMAGINE INDIA TO SMELL LIKE LOL

alright im back again with another question for you fags after you saved me with my squat form.
Currently at 320/200/365 for 5RMs and progressing nicely on SS with a light day on Wednesday.
I aim to do rows on days I bench but it seems to put a lot of pressure on my lumbar spine especially after squatting heavy. When doing Pendlays I touch the plates to the ground but this requires me to break at the knees and open my hips a bit and its very hard to tell how much I am cheating the reps.
So what kind of rows should I implement or do you have good queues for barbell rows? You guys gave me some queues for squatting that I never learned from starting strength book or various yt videos.

Chest supported cable or seal rows should keep the stress off your low back

>fags
stop that. come back when those numbers are in kg and youre not a shitlord

also S E A L R O W S

Lads is there an upper body/bench equivalent to SSB and RDLs? Like a low-skill, low-risk strength movement you can just hammer? Dips maybe?

Not entirely sure, but check out
youtube.com/watch?v=O-nq3bIE298&ab_channel=ChrisDuffin
youtube.com/watch?v=LnFyYuY2Sro&ab_channel=JuggernautTrainingSystems
I'd rather say pushups tbH. Adding resistance by plates or bands.

Not sure why but a fuckload of fatigue has crept up on me the past couple days. What should I do? Should I just turn this into a yolo peak and max? Take a deload week?

Sheiko

Yeah, that's a good option too

i had the same thing just last week and i deloaded. i feel fine now.

is one of your leg shorter than the others?
I had the same problem then """"fixed""""" it by taking a slightly uneven stance (one foot a toe more forward than the other)

Same, but I had to take one additional rest day because my gym was closed and I'm kinda fine now.

>not sure why
Hep/burn/. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's lacking a bit in the fatigue management aspect.

Deload in some manner. Cut two thirds of the volume and work back up, for example, something like what you did when you started it.

I should mention that you cannot really expect to be completely symmetrical, but it's worth looking into how much you can fix it and you might end up being unable to even slightly adjust it. If that's the case, and you're not experiencing any pain, it's quite possibly not an issue. An expert, hands-on opinion is very valuable, mind you.

>work back up
over the course of a few sessions*

Not unless I have to do meet prep or no other program works for me, preferably

Yeah, sounds good. Wonder if I can manage a week longer to finish the current progression without getting injured before deloading... Biggest things that aren't recovering are my quads and low back, but it's mostly my quads. Maybe soaking in some hot water for a bit will help.

man why do i feel like a complete fuckface after an hour an a half nap?

my squat hasnt gone up in 4 months, 160kg currently

recommend me a program, I'm coming off of TM. pls help somebody

Could at least get an extra night's rest, then. You'll pick up where you left off before a deload anyway, tho.

Had to kill my WiFi for the night, so I'm just going to fuck off. Later.
A nap isn't enough to wash the fuck off your face, chum.

Gonna be off for 2 days after today, so already on it :)

C6W
W

Eating more and trying harder. Height and bodyweight?

you miss trappy

5'9 200lbs

lmoa I have better squat at 165lbs and that's high bar

mine is highbar too im terrible at squatting for some reason

meanwhile i deadlift 550

p is for prutus is alive?

i thought he killed himself after trappy-chan got exposed

oh nice I can barely deadlift 185kgs, my squat is almost that.

He's alive, shipping out soon

Both /QTDDTOT/ ignore me so I'll ask you guys.

Started SL5x5 2 days ago from 35kg/45kg/60kg/80kg and 45kg Power Cleans instead of Barbell Rows.

1. How should I do Barbell Curls and Lying Tricep Extensions? The SL app says 2x8, but the SS book says sets of 10-15. What do?

2. I'm a fat fuck that can't do a single Chin up. How do I work around this?

Do SS and just do the fucking program.

B-but 5x5....? A-arms assistance exercises...?

I already subbed in Power cleans instead of Barbell Rows.

Just do some curls

if youre that weak you dont need any arm assitance`do chin up negatives

Sigh. Shouldn't I do both?

my calluses hurt, what do

I trim them with a sharp knife and chalk the shit out of my hands, should I also use climber's salve? any other tricks?

inb4 sack up

Try using a pumice stone instead of a knife.

Dunno, literally never ever had this problem. It doesn't even hurt, my skin is just harder and more rough and that's it

You can do triceps extensions and curls, you can do whatever the fuck you want. What you SHOULD do is squat and bench every Monday and Friday and deadlift and le press on Wed. Yes your press will stall a little faster but who gives a fuck.

For arm pump stuff, higher reps, 10-20 reps for a few sets near/to failure. Can't do pullups? Negatives then lat pulldowns, you'll be able to do a few in a couple of weeks.

Also yes, you're super new and week, so mostly focus on the compounds and if you feel like it, hit the pump stuff. I like the Wendler approach, every day do a push, a pull and a lower or ab exercise for about 50 reps. Like dips or DB bench/press, pullups/cable rows/facepulls, and lunges or ab wheel.

hey /plg/, can you tell me why my deadlift form is shit and what can I do to improve it?

i couldnt get a better angle because my gym is small and crowded

youtu.be/R8B9V7nhNAk

God gave you fucking legs so use them next time also I hope that weight is in kilos

Sit back more

>What you SHOULD do is squat and bench every Monday and Friday and deadlift and le press on Wed.
I see your point, but the program alternates days A & B, meaning for a while I will be Deadlifting on Monday and Friday every other week too.

>For arm pump stuff, higher reps, 10-20 reps for a few sets near/to failure.
So 3x12 or 3x15 and the "near failure" part will come from increasing 1.25kg every session, just like the other lifts? Can you confirm?

>Can't do pullups? Negatives then lat pulldowns, you'll be able to do a few in a couple of weeks.
Duly noted.

Might throw in some Face Pulls since I'm pressing too much (BP/OHP).

Thanks.

I know it does, I forgot to add that the Wed DL sesh should also be 5x5. Don't be scared of deadlift volume, 1x5 once or twice a week will "work" for a while but you'll stall out hard. Do some deads, get big and strong.

For arm stuff, weight will vary day to day. Try to add weight when you can but if you accidentally hit a set of 23 on curls because you went too light, it doesn't fucking matter at all.

Seemsgood.png about the arm stuff.

I don't know about 5x5 Deadlifts, sounds like a completely different program for further down the line. Like 5/3/1 or TM or something.

It is a different program. It's better. 5x5 is a great rep scheme, esp for a novice, and deadlifts aren't some mythological hyper-taxing exercise never to be done for multiple sets.

M/F
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Push/Pull/Lower x50 reps in 3-4 sets

W
DL 5x5
OHP 5x5
Push/Pull/Lower x50 reps in 3-4 sets

Give it an honest three months (obv adding 10lbs each DL session until you can't) and see if you get bigger and stronger or smaller and weaker. More deadlifts will make you a better deadlifter and beef up your back and hamstrings.

Nigga no one in their right mind should suggest 5x5 deadlifts like that. 5 total sets of 5 with work up and backoff, sure. But 5x5 working sets adding 10 lb a week is just asking to fuck your shit up.

Or get fucking jacked and strong. Sure, eventually you'll have a workout that's 5,5,4,3,2, but just follow the SS deload protocol and move on.

I should add that no one in their right mind should suggest multiple sets of five across three times a week adding weight each time either.

>didn't get the job I was really hoping for
>spent the entire day playing video games and wallowing in self-pity

Time to get back to filling out applications, I guess. I've been enjoying what was basically a two-and-a-half month vacation (with consistent job applications), but I'm running out of money.

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

You're stiff-legging it, which probably makes it a lot harder. You're also hyperextending at the top. Your goal is to stand up with the weight, so leaning that far back at the top is unnecessary (it can also be dangerous).

So basically, just lean back at the bottom and not the top.

>tfw becoming a pretty goddam decent cook

Feels good lads. Spend that big $5 a month and get a NYT Cooking subscription.

>These are the kind of people giving advice in /plg/
5x5 deadlifts is an awful idea. 5x5 deadlifts with weekly progression is even worse. Show me any reputable novice or intermediate program that uses that deadlift scheme.

Why do people keep bullying me for squatting low bar instead of high bar

because you're a weak shit and low bar looks fucking pathetic when you're not squatting at least 250kgs

SS and SL don't and those are the only two "reputable novice programs" that exist. Sheiko would certainly having you doing higher volume than 7.5 reps per season, as would any other reputable PL coach. Going from 185 to 195 to 205 week to week is pretty fucking reasonable if you ask me. Not to mention a lot of people find squats more injurious and taxing than deads.

>Going from 185 to 195 to 205 week to week is pretty fucking reasonable
Not at 5x5 working sets.

I've been having some lateral/posterior hip/glute pain. Thought it was piriformis related so I was doing 3 minutes of pigeon everyday but that hasn't done shit to help.

It's really mild, like 3 or 4/10 and comes and goes. Any idea on what I can do to fix it? It's only on one side, my right side.

why is that though. That reponse is the one I get everytime but nobody has provided any sort of calm non offensive arguments yet.

why are high bar squatters this insecure about their squat bar position lmao

Yes it is. Especially if you're gaining a pound a week like most novice progressions call for

Here's a picture of where it is

hey boys been deadlifting only once a week for 1x5 working set and it hasnt been moving one bit (I think its actually deteriorating). My squat is going up nicely (10 lbs. per week at 325 current for 5 rep) Just scared to start adding weight on diddly due to bad form. Any tips based on the vid? That is 385 but I can feel my form breaking down
>youtube.com/watch?v=wDvDHC8WHuM

FORM checc pls

10 lb a week on deadlifts is reasonable for novices doing 1x5. 5x5 deadlifts is stupid. Notice how not a single novice or intermedia program suggests 5x5 working sets for deadlifts, because that's guaranteed to lead to burn out and stalling, plus form degradation for novices.

>People who think 5x5 deadlifts is a good idea: some user on /plg/
>People who think 5x5 deadlifts isn't a good idea: literally everyone else

How about you dedicate yourself to doing 5x5 deadlifts once a week with 10lb progression and tell us how it's going after 4 months?

>300lbs is planned bench opener
>135kg is 297lbs
>137.5kg is 303lbs

Help

Watch the donny shankle video on hand/callus care.

>chalk the shit out of my hands
Chalk dries your hands out and makes calluses worse/more prone to cracking. Make sure to wash your hands when you finish lifting.

I did it when I started. I pulled 4 plate at 155 lbs after 7 months. I pull 6 plate now at 193 lbs. Never had a back injury.

137.5 dont be a bitch

pls check form friends :)

dont they have microplates so you can do 136.25kg? Or atleast 136.5

Apologize for taking a vertical video first.

That's what I'm thinking but it'll fatigue me slightly more and I'm in an 8 person flight.

Attempts have to be in 2.5kg increments unless it's a record attempt.

well I figure vertical would suffice since I didnt need to capture much...

That's not an apology you little shit

sorry bby

WHO MENTIONED THE KING???
BOW TO YOUR KING
YOUR GOD
YOUR LORD
BEHOLD.....

Has anybody here done Jim Wendler's 5/3/1? How was it?

so do I
>
:)

I am restarting powerlifting after long hiatus. Which is currently no.1 /plg/ approved program. Would like something with a tad lower volume

I forgot, beofre i dropped it because of demanding collega i think i was an intermediate-ish lifter with 170/110/200 @ 80kg

Did anyone ever dig up the RP hypertrophy PL template? I've been looking but I can only find the bodybuilding templates.

Did you completely stop lifting/trying in that time period or did you just stop competing?

Restarting strength

Is it ok to do bench programs for weighted pull ups?

Do that super cool chin-up program by anonymous