How the fuck do women do that?

Every single womanlet at my gym can pull conventional with a perfectly arched back, meanwhile every man I know would be lucky to maintain a neutral spine.

arched is bad though

yeah but it's incredibly hard is my point. how the fuck do they manage it? is their hip structure different or something? is it a hammie flexibility thing?

A more naturally flexible skeletal structure
Wider hips and other general anatomy differences between males and females allow females to 'maintain form' better and assume better postures for such occasions.

Mostly this is because of child bearing.

Theres other factors but that's generally the major one.

women get practice from doggy style

Why are deadlifts incredibly easy to me? Is it because I'm 5 6?

Regular women, are by default, glute dominant, which causes them into a "natural" anterior pelvic tilt

Forgot to add "muscles" into that too.

It's early. Sue me.

lots of practice from all the butt pics they put on insta

Honestly this shit fucking kills me inside. I have literally no control over what my lower back does, it's always slightly rounded when I DL regardless of what I want it to do. I mean I pull 5+pl8 and never injured myself but once in my life I'd like to know what a proper pull feels like.

you're not setting up correctly

Squueze your glutes all the way through, your back will stay flat 100%

I just deadlifted for the first time today and did 5 reps at 225. I'm also pretty skinny, 6'1 180 14% bodyfat but fairly lean. Is this decent?

How the fuck does one pull without using the glutes

I mean if it's your actual first time I think it's pretty average for your weight, but don't worry, it'll shoot straight up. Even a few months in you'll still be adding 10lbs/week effortlessly.

you got long arms and/or short legs

The pic in OP shows over extension that is neither desired or necessary. She also isn't set up properly, her shoulders are way too far forward of the bar, and her scapula are not in alignment with the bar and the mid foot. Many people will appear to have no arch at all if they set up properly, and this is fine. All you need is to keep the spine neutral and rigid. Larger men may actually carry so much mass on their upper back that they appear to be slightly flexed in the thoracic spine, yet they are actually in extension. If you just appear to be "flat" this is 100% normal and safe, carry on with your diddlies.

Just. Fucking. NO. STOP.
APT is not caused by dominant glutes.

Are you an actual retard or trolling

Lots of practice from doggy fucking.

/thread

?
what was wrong with what I said?
100kg for 5 is average for those stats as a beginner (I mean it's pretty low but most people start submaximal because of technique)
And most beginner programs have you add 5kg/week to DLs, which can go on for a while.

Easily, by rounding your lower back like most deadlifters.

Stop trolling nigga, 2 plates on your first day is not normal for someone with zero history of strength training unless they are a very large individual, which that person is not since he weighed well under 200lbs. It leads me to believe the person is either a liar or their form was absolutely atrocious. I'm sure they benched 185 their first day too.

They're lifting bitch weight with zero efficiency because all they want to do is show off the ass they didn't work for.

He said first time deadlifting, not first time training at all. Both of you are a bit special.

Then they're not a begginer faggot

I did 120kg x 8 first time I made an effort, and I weigh 80kg. With terrible technique obv. even though I had tried out the movement with 60-100kg for a period. Seems strange to test your max strength the first time you do the movement, especially with deadlifts.

Well yeah that's kinda what I just said to you isn't it? Also the "both" part implied that I'm not the guy you're arguing with.

It's a fantastic idea to test your max on a new movement. It gives you a good starting point and you'll always be able to add to it because it's a new movement.

It is an illusion. Men have larger spinal erectors which hide the true snaps of their spine.

he just said it was his first day deadlifting though.
besides most men *can* physically DL 2pl8 for 5 without any training. They tend to start lower than that because the movement is scary, but if we're talking max effort, then 2pl8 DL is pretty average for the untrained male of average stats.

>2 plates on your first day is not normal for someone with zero history of strength training unless they are a very large individual
it also depends on what you call "training". some people are in pretty good shape without "working out" formally, as a result of an active and healthy lifestyle. for instance I started with well above average OHP and Chinup. On my first day, I could do a +8kg chinup for 8, and had an OHP pretty close to 1pl8 (did 50 for 5) @70kg bw. I used to do pullups and handstands whenever I felt like it since I was a kid, also I played sports my whole youth (granted it was shitty sports like tennis and sometimes I'd go biking but still). Sometimes I'd do pullups every single day whenever I passed a ledge I could do them on, sometimes I wouldn't do one for 2 months straight. But the point is, "no prior training" means jack shit, we didn't all spend our pre-lifting lives in a wheelchair getting fed by tubes afaik.

the men are actually lifting something substantial

Why is a slight amount of back arch a problem?
In a parabolic suspension bridge, the arched shape reduces shearing forces.
In modernists triangle shaped bridges(pic related), engineers have to account for considerable shearing forces.

Why doesn't this also apply to the back? When you have a flat lumbar spine it would seem that there are inherently going to be shearing forces on the upper lumbar vertebrae. What am I missing?

Posted the wrong triangle shaped bridge but you get the idea.

first, they lift baby weight.
second, women are used to always stick their ass out.

Because the walk and sit like that. If you spend 16 hours a day with an arched back for years, then deadlift, what do you think your back will look like.

Pretty sure women are naturally more flexible

She's probably setting up for a Clean

They're already used to rotating their hips to show off their ass

Average guy is lucky to do single body weight chinup. Don't confuse average lifter with average guy - I'd even go as far as say that average gym goer is going to have difficulties doing 2pl8 for reps. Next time you are out, just look at how many people actually use the free weights. Or if you are in a powerlifting gym, ask around with your workbuddies/classmates how many of them actually do deadlifts.

Maybe 1/10 of guys I meet goes to gym more than once a week and less than 1/3rd of them actually do free weights outside of bench press.

Bruh I thought you only do that shit on lockout
No wonder im dling Bitch weight

>s their hip structure different or something?
Wow who would have thunk it

Hm. There's always a queue in my gym for olympic bars. I literally cannot fucking do dls or squats because those fuckers hog the bars all day long.

This is what happens when you don't make your kids play outside, folks.

Seems like every single strength standard in barbell training and exercise science is wrong,

Read SS if you would like a thorough discussion on shear and how it relates to the spine while lifting.

Deadlifting a little over his bodyweight isn't unbelievable for his first deadlift, especially if he's trained other lifts before. Benching over his bodyweight his first time is not comparable at all.

>I'd even go as far as say that average gym goer is going to have difficulties doing 2pl8 for reps
That's where I have to disagree. I'm pretty sure a *regular* guy, who's never necessarily touched a barbell but has some degree of physical fitness, could pull 2pl8 for reps. now if we factor in the fatties, the skellies and the crippled that might be different.

my first deadlift I managed a set of 10 of 100kg. Granted I had been gymming for a month and a half before.

Look breh. I'm old as shit with kids. My son can double overhand 405 at 15 years old. Stop being a weak ass negro.

womens hips sit at a different angle than mens. womens hips are tilted slightly more forward, but good posture for either gender is to have hips forwardish

I just now read the Rip chapter on squats (for the first time lol) and it seems like he gets the science wrong.
He says that since the vertebrae and muscle do not move in an opposing manner in a neutral pull or squat, that there physically cannot be shearing forces on the spine.

But the shearing forces that actually matter involve the collagen fibers of the disc. These can and do shear. The fibers themselves will shear and the collagen will undergo hydraulic compression even if the spine does not visibly appear to move. Again, naively I'd think that keeping the spine relatively flat would result in the more distant discs sustaining additional shearing forces, while a more parabolic extension of the spine distributes this force more evenly.

Rip also seems to believe the myth that front squats don't involve hamstring activation. Why is this guy considered an expert on squats?

all guys i see use belts to

This, they have that design to take dick from behind, also a second reason testicles are outside our bodies its to hit their clit while you fuck them.