Hey Veeky Forums. Training for Navy SEAL. Help?

(WARNING: Sorry, newfag to Veeky Forums) Pic related(Navy SEAL PST) is what I need to do. I am pretty fit, I have worked in labor my whole life. I need more help with cardio than anything. I want to join ASAP. The swcc website recommends things I have no access to. I work out at Planet Fitness, and work at UPS as a package handler(More physical than you would think. 200+ packages an hour). Any advice for food, workouts to help me out, and should I consider steroids? I have had a friend who is in spec ops, he took steroids on the reg. I wouldn't be completely opposed, but really want to steer away from that route. I do want to make it through hell week though, and as soon as I could, without injuring myself. Ugh, idk. I just need some help guys.

The one thing that separates elite units from line grunts is your willpower, the ability to keep pushing when you think you are at your very limit. There is really no training for this. You can't prepare for 13 mile runs, getting practically waterboarded by the icy cold Pacific waters for fucking hours (you will not be permitted to leave until someone quits), and being forced to stay up a week doing nonstop physical exercise. Either you have the willpower or you don't. Everything else falls into place if you have the discipline.

I have the will power, and will make it through. But this is PST, meaning I have to pass these before they even look at me. I need help to get to this hurdle. I just want advice on how to tackle the training, to be effective in the least amount of time. I can't just go in right now with will power. I need to physically train, right now.

masturbate daily

I’m hoping to be in the same boat as OP at some point. Here’s your bump OP. Give us the tools guys.

Thanks, start training. Maybe we can be boat brothers :)

>I have the will power, and will make it through
That's what I said, too. I've been to BUDS 3 times, each time more prepared than the last. There are HUNDREDS of fantastic athletes who will outperform you who there who have said the very same thing. Most of them, and likely you as well, will wash out. Just understand that you will be tested on a level you have never been tested before, and its not something you can recreate with training. You either have what it takes or you don't. Get as physically prepared as you can (you should be able to get competitive PST scores relatively easily if you really want to have a chance) and get ready for the hardest thing you will EVER do in your life.

That's exactly what I am trying to get ready for. What got you? Hell week???

So you claim to have the willpower to make it through SEAL Selection but you need fucking help passing this piss easy pre test? Dude you have no idea what you're in for and this PST is SO FAR below what is required of you in SF Selections. If you can't shit this in on your worst day don't bother attempting it.

>Implies everyone starts pissing out competitive rates on day one
I asked for fitness tips, and if you aren't contributing to any help, please go fuck yourself.

Hell week washed me out the first two times. I got through the third time but came out with too many injuries and was forced to quit, sadly. I came to realize that even though I was physically capable (8:49 1.5 mile, 112 pushups, 105 situps, and 9:10 swim), I didn't have the will power to push through it all. That was despite thinking the same way you do; I firmly believed I had what it took and was fully capable of getting through it. I'm not trying to discourage you, just understand BUDS is far more difficult a thing than you can possibly imagine.

Fun fact: in Hell Week, you and everyone else will be so deliriously tired and exhausted that you'll have regular hallucinations.

I am helping you. By telling you that if that PST isnt easy for you then you have no hope. ZERO!
The fact that you need help working out how to swim well, do push ups, chin ups and some running makes it pretty obvious you're not physically ready to even spell SEAL

Not gonna make it

Yes, I have heard this. I am still firm on my stance, as were you. Giving up is not in my nature. I appreciate the input. Have you gone into the navy?

Lmao, lets see you shit those numbers out, hun. You don't know men, where I am at or anything in my situation. You are salty because YOU have ZERO chance.

Don't you have /nocum/ to post on?

>hurr durr its 90% mental
Just tell yourself they arent going to kill you and you will be fine. what will fuck you up though is your body dying from exhaustion because youre not physically prepared.

Here is something simple

A
Swim with fins for 30 min or so
Pullups 5xf
Pushups 5xf
Situps 5xf (1 min rests for these 3)

B
Run 3 miles
Deadlift 5x5
Squat 5x5
Overhead press 5x5 (3-5 min rests for these 3)

ABX if natty
ABABABx if not natty

Also rotate the exercises so you dont just have one dominate the others

It's worth mentioning that if you want to be a navy Seal, that's comparable to wanting to play in the NFL. It has to be something that you seriously and passionately desire with the entirety of your being. Let me give you an example of our day one workout:
First thing in the morning, we ran 4 miles for time as hard as we possibly could. You need to play these things to win; it definitely pays to be a winner. IMMEDIATELY after the run, we went into 3 hours of Olympic lifting with intermixed sprint interval training. After the lifting, we ran a few miles to the pool and did about four hours of swim interval training for time. You had to make certain times on each swim. By the end of DAY ONE, I was so completely fucking exhausted and sore I could hardly stand up anymore. The very next day I was more sore than I had ever before been. And it only gets progressively harder each day.

Check out Jeff Nichols on Youtube. He has a lot of solid information on getting prepared for BUDS.

>Just tell yourself they arent going to kill you
Except this happens occasionally lol. IIRC someone died from drown-proofing just a few days ago.

Thank you. I didn't understand the ABX if natty/ABABABx if not natty? Saying it's mental, is just a loser's point of view lol.

I am willing to die for it, no problem.

Thanks for the info, will look him up

(Meaning, what does natty mean?)

Lol i know enough from your first post that you don't know shit about training and you think throwing parcels around is challenging.
That isn't a tough test dickhead. You keep carrying on like it is. You're NEVER going to make it.

the x is the rest day. so it would be abxabx if not natty, which is more rest days. Also I forgot to add neck and calf training. it will help prevent injury. just stick 5x100 on b days for neck curls and calf raises

And I can tell you are judgmental, and think you know me personally. You don't know anyone's willpower. Tell me how your last SEAL mission turned out?

He's just going to have to find out for himself user

Post a pic OP, let us judge your physical condition

I have nothing to prove to you? Thanks for the bumps though, only two anons were worth a shit here, but hell. Thanks anyway

For all these military hyping faggots do, we've seen a real special forces soldier get rekt by civilians on live television.

So just do what the people who kicked Tim Kennedy's ass did: hardcore MMA training and HIIT

Natty means you're natural aka not taking performance-enhancing drugs. If you're not being drug tested, blast + cruise on testosterone with an AI should really warm up your engine if you know what I mean

The military regularly drug tests you, no? Especially if it's obvious you're roiding

>blast + cruise on testosterone with an AI
No please, more info? Interested for sure!

Would use for initial build up. Plus as far as I know, it isn't detectable in urine? I had a friend who used steroids til the day he departed for bootcamp

go to reddit /r/ster*ids and /r/ster*ids*urcetalk, replace the asterisks with the appropriate letter cause source talk isn't allowed here. Maybe swing by /fraud/ on fit if you want to talk to other people who pin test all the time.

I highly highly recommend swimming to build cardio, there really is nothing better for cardio than swimming and wrestling for different reasons.

Thank you so much! And will take your advice.

btw fraud will laugh you out of the thread if you come to them asking for steroid advice if you don't even lift at all. They'll be right.

Height/weight? what kind of build are you like now. Do any sports in HS or college?

Jealous Jarhead detected.

I was in football through high school, heavy labor in machine operator after. Slim, but very athletic. 5'8 and 140. I just go part time package handling and work out at the gym when I get off

Hey dude, not an operator by any means, but I do work in AFSOC alongside these guys and have friends who have made it through different pipelines (STO, SEAL, SF) as officers.
If you know other guys who are going for the same goal, work with them. There are former spec ops dudes who are willing to train guys going up for operator-type jobs, so try to find one of those dudes, if able.
Just know that you're going to be expected to do that PST over and over at the passing standard. Good luck, bro.

Thanks for the advice

Here’s another bump OP, thanks for this thread. We’re both gonna make it.

if you can't run 2 miles in 10:30 don't even try, just kys yourself honestly. obese people who can't run piss me off.

These are all with 2 minute breaks between, except 10 min after swim and they go in that order. I can't run 5 minute mile, and far from obese. Just... wut?

then kys yourself
also, if you can't just straight up do 15 pullups in one set why are you even trying to join the military?

the only one on here i'd fail is the 2 miles in 9:30 to be honest
i can run a 4:40 mile but my 2 mile best is 9:52

I never said I couldn't? You can run a consistent 10+ mph for 2 miles, and that's what makes you not obese? Man you are autistic.

running 10mph shouldn't even raise your heartrate up above 120bpm. 10mph should be the pace you can keep up indefinitely

Oh you're obese kys

He's memeing you idiot. Running 2 miles at 5:00 min/mi pace is beyond most people. Actually running even 1 mile even sub 6:30 pace is beyond most people.

most people don't want to meme about trying to join the military
if you want to be in the military you should be above most people in terms of physical condition

I have a 7 minute mile on a good day. Trying to keep it more consistent though

lol you'll never make it

If you want to be an officer or special operations, then you should aspire to be above most people in terms of conditioning. I don't see why being a fucking cook on a destroyer or a supply pog means you need to above most people in terms of physical condition. It's just a job.

cardio, cardio, cardio. no experience with seals, but I'm a midshipman and cardio is the defining factor from what ive seen. anyone can max pushups and situps in a month, but cardio is something you actually have to train to build up.

that being said, the shit youre going to be doing isnt really strength related from what ive heard, its more endurance related.

theres a friend of mine who just got put in as a SWO because he couldnt make himself competitive enough for SEAL/EOD pathway. The guy would literally do 1,000 pushups a day and bike cross country daily to a nearby city to swim with our brother NROTC unit that had a pool. It's competitive on a whole different level.

NROTC or the Academy? Also fuck all squids in the ass.

Yeah, I could meet the pushup, situp and pull up req easy. My 1.5 is a lot higher than I would like, and I don't have access to a pool. I came here to initially figure out diets/any ways to help cope with the loss of a pool

> running
Just for the 1.5 miler, you want to be doing at least 1 8x800m repeats, 1.5 miler best effort and good pace 5k per week. The repeats are important because you can set a goal pace, i.e 3 minutes per 800m and have that translate out, e.g to 9 minutes per 1.5 miles at that pace. Do your repeats aiming to beat that time, take a couple minutes rest, then go again, repeat for a total of 8 reps. Gradually reduce the rest period until you can do 2 back to back, then eventually 3 at that goal pace. Hey presto, thats 1.5 miles in X time.
Also be aware that in BUDS you run everywhere so add in a 7-10k per week at 7 minute miles.
> push ups/sit ups/pull ups
Pick your goal number for each exercise. Do as many as you can in one set, then keep going in your own time until you reach that number, no matter how long it takes (be reasonable though). Once you have a solid base, do a .75/.5/.25 split; e.g if goal is 100, do 75 push ups in as few sets as possible, then 75 sit ups, then 50 & 50, then 25 & 25.
> mentality
This is the one you cant train for. Speaking from experience youre going about it all wrong; the people who say theyre gunna make it normally drop out.
Just tell yourself - theres nothing today I cant do. Take everything in small manageable steps; whether its just get to the end of today, this exercise, this lesson or just this evolution. Your body only fails when your mind fails; your body will go on forever.

Finally, you have to want to be there so bad it is a waking obsession, a burning in your gut. Hell week separates those who want to be SEALs from those who want to SAY theyre SEALs. Being SF in any regard is 99% gruelling physical and mental endurance, 1% doing gucci shit, kicking down doors like a badass. If that isnt what you want at your absolute core, youll wash out when you realise it isnt as romantic as Hollywood made it seem.