Advice for a beginner who just wants muscle size and doesn't give a fuck about strength? Fuck these SS shits man

Advice for a beginner who just wants muscle size and doesn't give a fuck about strength? Fuck these SS shits man

Other urls found in this thread:

jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=22471
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I will act superior about something I don't know jack shit about

PPL routine

not an argument

Get Greg Nuckols' 28 free programs and pick your preferred frequency for beginner squat, beginner bench, and beginner deadlift. Do whatever accessory shit you fancy on top of it.

Read the sticky nigger

>unironically thinking strength and size are completely divorced from each other
That must be why the really jacked guys are also strong as shit.

FUCK YOUR STICKY BICH.

YOU'RE GOING TO GET BIGGER AS YOU GET STRONGER. YOU DIDN'T NEED TO MAKE A THREAD FOR THIS, READ THE FUCKING STICKY. IT'S THERE FOR PISSANT NEWFAGS LIKE YOU. THNX

Muscle size is strength you ducking idiot

This.

Let me ask you something duel. Who is bigger, the guy curling 45 lbs 3X10 or the guy curling 5 lbs 3X20? Strength equals size you fucking new

Chloe started with SS, look at her now.

would i be better off doing this

monday : legs and back

wednesday: chest and triceps

friday: shoulders and biceps

Do GSLP, then a PHUL, then PPL

Enjoy being strong and aesthetic

Offtopic but any advice for eating enough? I used to eat like 1800 cal a day and going for 3000 is so god damn hard even with the lifting

Take medication

Try
Mon: Push
Tues: Pull
Wed: Legs/Core/Cardio
Thur: Push
Fri: Pull
Sat: Legs/Core/Cardio
Sun: Rest
Ya know, an actual fucking PPL that has you lift for more than 2 hours a week.

>Do GSLP
when to change to PHUL from GSLP?

I'm currently at 0.5/1/1.5/1.75 & was thinking of switching at 1/2/3/4

i can only do 3 day split at the gym, and i could still lift more than 3 hours a week.

Anytime you are not completely full, eat something. Buy a mass gainer, they're memey but its still a bunch of calories esp mixed with milk. Put oil in/on everything. I put 2 tbsp of avocado oil in my protein shakes. Eat 6 smaller meals with snacks in between instead of trying to eat 3 big meals.

How can you only have 3 days available a week to lift? I'm in the military and go to college simultaneously while lifting 6 times a week. Unless you are wasting all your spare time on lounging and playing video games you should have at least an hour per day in free time no matter what you have on your agenda.

It's a retort

i don't have a working car at the moment so i get rides, besides, whats wrong with doing 3 days? i barely play video games anymore and if im home im usually moving around doing something

Just go fuck around with whatever feels good. Do it three times a week. Be low body fat. You'll look alright eventually unless you're genetically cursed.

i'm still cutting at maintenance or a little below since i'm not like 10% body fat, probably more like 14-16%.

maybe ill just keep doing what im doing. i need to up the weight i think for my compound lifts because they are too low.

German volume training is probably the best place for a beginner like you to start if you just want to get big. If you don't think its tough enough just up the volume a bit (do more reps per set). Skipping the SS meme is a good idea.

Run to the gym on days you can't get a ride. Take a cab, or a bus, or an uber, or find a new gym buddy willing to grab you on his/her way to the gym. Try some problem solving skills.

motherfuckers please don't leave a bro hanging

this routine? for real? my god nigga maybe ill do this.

lol. if i ran there i would possibly die from a car hitting me or even pass out. there are no cabs buses, and fuck ubers fuck that. i get the ideas you have but not everybody is well off like that.

You're more likely to die from a car while you're in another car than you are walking. If its so far that you're afraid of "passing out" go buy a bike. It'll cut the effort and travel time by more than half. Every city has cabs you can call. Idk why you say fuck uber, millions of people use them. You're literally just making excuses at this point and have no legitimate reason why you cant go. Being well off has nothing to do with finding a way to go lift. If you aren't well off maybe you should work harder at life or join the military.

i'm not making excuses at all. i'm just not going to kill myself. that's called going too far. i'm not going in some strangers car every day either.

Calisthenics
Curlbro routine/basic bodybuilder routine that has you doing a lot of volume with moderately heavy weight.
Eat more food, but don't BULK
Cardio
Rest and Recoup

There.
Ignore the fat faggots who'll shill some powerlifting routine too you. They're either shills or out of shape losers who want more losers to keep them company.

Yeah man

>Curlbro routine/basic bodybuilder routine that has you doing a lot of volume with moderately heavy weight.
exactly

I agree, fuck that sticky

Sorry I'm at work. 1 2 3 4 isn't a bad idea but i would switch when you're not making steady linear progression anymore, different timeframe for everyone but it was about 6 months for me

I do a decent amount of calisthenics because I'm just looking for general fitness atm but never thought it would be a good rec for someone starting out and wanting size. Any reason you did rec it?

It's convenient, simple, safe, and there are no excuses.
You can get strong, big, fast, and endurant if you do them correctly.
Master the basics of calisthenics and you'll never be unfit or weak for as long as you live.

>and there are no excuses
probably the biggest reason i've stuck with them, good point.

The sticky is outdated garbage and ss is a terrible routine

does it matter where I start? i like hasfits videos on youtube. the guy is just my go to guy. he has some calisthenics videos

No. It never did.
The only thing that matters is how far you're willing to go and what kind of effort you're willing ot put in.
PS Rest and recoup is as if not more important then exercise

lol ok there

the sticky is definitely outdated. hell some of the links dont even work anymore. and how the hell can machines be "FUCKING TERRIBLE"?

Underrated

Nobody gets big benching one plate. Put in the work, just like everybody else and you'll get results.

There aren't any cheat codes, and there aren't any special ways to get swole for special people like you.

am i supposed to figure out what my 1rm is and then deload 15% of that and use that for my sets? or do some kind of pyramid scheme? i want to put in the work but there is too much shit going on in my mind

For what?

Free weights are better in every possible way

In terms of strength and stability?
Dumbbells + calisthenics are superior.
Everything else is just hobbies.

>retort

>i don't have a working car at the moment so i get rides
gay
get a motorbike you fucking faggot

yea got some good advice for you right here

heh

if you're a complete beginner (like doesn't play sports) and can only go to the gym 3 times a week do a full body 3 times a week.

Do Arnold's golden six, 8-12 reps for size

this is pretty good advice actually
Lyle McDonald's upper lower (generic bulking routine), or maybe Alberto Nunez's beyond the basics template

anything with higher volume than SS and more variety in rep ranges will make you bigger and stronger, you may not be squatting 315 as soon as you would with SS but you'll be bigger and have a decent physique than you would fucking around with 3x5 bench an average of 1.5x a week

total fucking garbage, can't believe people keep reposting this

Do a 3x full body then

im doing stronglifts but Veeky Forums keeps calling it a meme

should I just continue with it until im fit enough for an intermediate routines

Try doing Pull Push Legs instead of Push Pull legs. The reason is simple: if you go the traditional route of doing a pull day followed by a leg day you wont be able to squat shit. Pull day will trash your back (deadlifts especially) and youll need some time to recover. If you try to do squats the next day your back is going to give out. That one extra day inbetween is just enough for you to recover. Also, on push days focus on triceps, chest and shoulders. Pull days are everything else (lats, back, traps, biceps). Legs are legs including glutes

First off, how long have you been lifting? Assuming zero lifting:

>Start SS with accessories, like Striped in the sticky
>Figure out if you like the volume
>If it's enough, continue on with it until you hit intermediate lifts; by then you'll be big and strong and know what kind of lifts you like
>If it's not, look up "ice cream fitness" (may be called ICF 5x5) and "nSuns"
>Do one until you hit intermediate lifts; by then you'll be big and strong and know what kind of lifts you like
>If you must do PPL, do the reddit PPL since it's better than anything you're gonna be able to make
>If you want to do an Upper/Lower, then dig out that one Trappy used to post
>Clean bulks are bulks where your caloric surplus is 500kcal or under
>If you want to bulk do it by 250kcal until you're hitting the gym regularly and absolutely sure you're up for bulking, if not just try to eat "clean" and good amounts of protein; to be honest zeroing in diet isn't most important in the first few months, past "eat good food and an approximately good amount of it for your goals"
>Do arm and ab work
>It makes your arms and abs look good and it's fucking fun
>Compounds will give you the most muscle gain
>Form is important; it's what lets your muscles overload evenly

Any questions?

Also read the sticky, then Harsh's wiki, since he phrases it better.

Hi iPhone user.

Agree with everything besides the ab workouts being fun. Get out of here, man, do you enjoy straight arm side lateral raises too?

if you are making progress and enjoy the program then yes.

I enjoy Russian twists. I have no idea why, but meh. Knee raises are kinda fun too since they're pretty relaxing.

As for lateral raises, yep. I enjoy those too.

It's OK user, I know I'm an abomination.

>relaxing
a-are you pushing yourself when you do them?

which of the 50 routines posted in that image are garbage?

>hey guys can you tell about lifting i mean it's not like I care about it or anything that wouldn't be cool right ahah now please help me but don't think that I actually "care" (what does that word even mean anyway oh boy i wouldn't know) please give me advice
Read the sticky, fag.

gslp for a few months then do a brosplit

yes my dude strength truly is correlated to muscle size....

The whole point of a PPL routine is that you do it six days a week.

If you can only do three, then you should be doing a full body routine. (such as, incidentally, SS.)

ill just keep doing my full body 3 days a week then with some shit like calisthenics and etc like said.

i'm still also cutting so the more work i do the better off i will be when i do a true bulk.

also do i need an olympic bar to do squats and other compounds or can i use a regular bar (it can reach up to 300Ibs)

That is correct. Anyone who says otherwise is trolling - like you for instance.

will this help me achieve the infamous SS mode?

2 milk gallons have been deposited to your account

fuck off SS is not troll

If you just wanna look big and don't care about amything, just get some fuckin synthol.

u dumb?

>I want to get big and stay weak
Good luck with that.
>Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but ain't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight.

You are a dumb faggot

Do SS, you literally have only inferior options for both growth and strength

>Nobody gets big benching one plate. Put in the work, just like everybody else and you'll get results.
Exactly. I tried explaining this to Scott Herman yesterday in the comments to his 3 Overrated Exercises video and today he released a video about haters leaving comments. Bit of an overreaction. Scott is a cool guy, but every now and then he gets something wrong and telling beginner's "barbell bench is overrated, don't worry about strength if you want to build muscle" is flat out wrong.

jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=22471

Is this good if I'm a faggot and just want to look like a muscular twink?

Veeky Forums's Greyskull LP is a good beginner choice for aesthetics. Keep in mind that as a beginner you almost always need to train strength before aesthetics if you want to gain mad muscle

>Strength ≠ Size

Strength equals size
However if you don't give your body enough calories and enough volume with relatively heavy weight or high resistance if you're doing calisthencs(read doing a bodybuilding routine not a strength based routine), being consistent, and resting well, you'll not gain anything.

It's sad. The reality is, people want to look good without working hard and lifting heavy weight is hard work. They latch onto the first snake oil salesmen that tells them "you don't have to worry about strength to get aesthetic! Just do this one weird trick! 3x10 is magic bro!"

Sets of 8-12 are phenomenal for hypertrophy, no doubt, but that's because volume is great for hypertrophy and the heavier you can lift for sets of 8-12, the higher your volume. The strength part of the equation is the one ignored by most fitness YouTubers because that's bad fucking news for people looking for easy solutions. If high rep work is the engine on the gains train, strength is the fuel. If you don't fuel up, you won't get anywhere.

Fucking kek

If you're so much of a faggot that you only care about muh aesthetics then jam a needle in your ass and fuck off.

So this?

Can I add whatever random accessory after each workout?

>doing Phrak’s gslp for aethetics
Do SS faggot

This is the one.

im already doing fierce 5

300lb DL is novice-tier
if you want to have an argument show someone's back and ass before and after they get good at DLs, you're delusional if you think strength and size aren't correlated.

>Sets of 8-12 are phenomenal for hypertrophy, no doubt, but that's because volume is great for hypertrophy and the heavier you can lift for sets of 8-12, the higher your volume.

That's right. Which is why you start small and add more weight. Mike Israetell says that you can continue to see gains without putting more weight on the bar for a good while.
Putting more weight on the is needed to build but it's not super necessary to put it on the bar every session.
You build strength, mass, and the all important work capacity by doing a well thought out bodybuilding/general weight lifting routine.

The very notion of a strength base is laughable idiocy peddled to children and naifs.

does it matter which one i choose? gslp looks more challenging. i'm still fairly light on my weight in fierce 5

>300 deadlift
>skinny

of course someone deadlifting 300lbs is skinny, that deadlift might be impressive if we were in the middle school football weightroom

what's your most recommended program for a beginner looking to get the most out of hypertrophy?

Just do stronglifts 5x5 or SS and add more volume after a few months for aesthetics. You have to gain strength and actually work hard first if you're a beginner.

strength base meme never dies despite it being baseless garbage and most good powerlifters actually starting with brosplits (even though they are the worst and least effective example of hypertrophy training) and not some autistic 3x5 program

you can add weight in any rep range, training volume (which you can do the most of with moderate weights, 65-80%) is king