Reminder that lifting weights at the gym doesn't give you functional strength or spiritual fighting power

reminder that lifting weights at the gym doesn't give you functional strength or spiritual fighting power

only when you go into nature and start working out there is when you get functional strength and your spiritual fighting power increases

youtube.com/watch?v=SKGF-ErsJiI

>tfw after SHTF all the gymbros will be dying and i will be surviving with functional strength

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6wRsmzeY_H0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>functional strength

idc about function or spiritual bullshit i just want to look like a sick cunt

>spiritual fighting power
Can I acquire this through military training? I'm planning on joining the army next year.

>lifting for yourself

how much can he squat tho?

>gay action at 1:56
i wouldn't mind adding that to my workout :')

those are all normal exercises. the only difference is that this guy is shirtless and in the wilderness

lmao no one cares. not going out into nature is KILLING YOU.

you will die when shtf

fuck off sodomite scum

your knees will get fucked. just start living innawoods like i did and you'll get spiritual fighting power

>functional strength

It’s all muscle memory. Your muscles don’t suddeny stop working just because you’re not doing gym lifts. Once they adjust to the load, having more muscle will make you stronger.

>thinks running around in the jungle will give you spiritual fighting power

you wish. for your foolishness, I'm gonna get a physical mediumship circle going, spend years developing my connection with the spirit world with a group of loyal sitters, piss a few discarnate entities off, and then invite you to a session so you can get a table lobbed at your dome while 19th century british ghosts taunt you through the trumpet. only then will you see true spiritual power, kid.

I squat 4 plate for reps and push press 2 plate for reps. I'm way more useful when it comes to hard labor than someone who can't. Strength is the most useful general adaptation, and that's that.

That said, plenty of people have never truly experience having their limits of physical discomfort pushed and have garbage conditioning. It's better to be tough than strong, but it's even better to be tough AND strong.

living in nature is the only way you will get FUNCTIONAL strength. that's it.

>le ebin trole xd

What kind of hard labor are you doing that requires you to balance barbell shaped objects across your traps and squat them?

Reminder that NOT lifting makes you a skinnyfat average looking dweeb.

You want that?

Functional strength is just grip strength honestly

>skinnyfat average looking dweeb

I look like a tribal barbarian.

Being an urbanite and not lifting makes you look like a soyboy faggot.

I chase down deer and live in a shed innamountains, i am at the peak of my health.

The key word in "general adaptation" is "general." I can chop more wood and sling more hay in one day than you can in any two, boy.

can you chase down a deer? no, you can't.

be honest, OP. How much money have you poured into your bug-out-bag?

You really think a morbidly obese strongman with sleep apnea can chop more wood and sling more hay than a reasonably fit country boy who has never been in a gym before? Face it, strength isn't the only factor in being at manual labor.

No one worked out like that soldiers mostly combat trained. Most people lived in poverty and could barely afford to eat.

Persistence hunting is for niggers. Civilized people use weapons to hunt because they're smart enough to make them. Hell, even Native Americans used weapons to hunt. Enjoy wasting calories running down animals - but I guess it's not much of a waste if your little nigger brain doesn't need the calories.

Bet your little candy ass can't even carry a mule deer buck, lmao, you have to field dress it don't you

What excercise protects you from parasites?

I'm a reasonably fit country boy who DID see the inside of a gym, dumbass. I know I'm better at manual labor now from experience.

>just start living innawoods like i did
how the fuck do you browse the 'ch0n dickhead

i don't have one because i don't need it. I live innawoods.

you seriously think i don't hunt deer with bows?

i just like chasing down deer for the fun of it, it's exhilarating when you throw a spear at a deer and chase it down and bash it's head with a rock.

I can hunt with a bow easily.

don't get butthurt

having a barbarian immune system and not being a domesticated pansy

i'm talking about barbarian times not M*dieval

we live in the city bro. Our mates have changed the game has changed. the iron is all there is

I have solar panels and internet? I live in a yurt/shed but can still have some luxuries.

stop living in the city.

Wait, so now strength ISNT the only thing that matters when it comes to being effective at manual labor? Cool backtracking lol. im curious to hear your theories about how squats make you better at chopping wood.

South cali environment sucks so much peen it's just unbelievable. Being innayourroom playing rust makes you feel more at one with nature than this clusterfuck of a wasteland full of random trash
I just have no opportunity to do what you suggest, no way to connect with the 'nature' here

you gotta throw your booty meat into the treechop. blast that tree away with your HIP DRAHVE

>Lift in home gym in the middle of nowhere that was a pain to set up because I had to get it delivered to a friends house in the nearest town then haul all of it out here.
>TFW internet through mobile hotspot is slow as fuck but that's really my only problem.
At least I don't have to talk to anyone.

just go into the mountains or desert? it's better than in the (((city))).
scotland fortunately has quite a few forests and mountains. gun laws are shit and this UK is collapsing but i will survive innawoods

just lift stones and boulders, or logs for firewood. that's what i do

You still use artificial materials and electronics in your day to day life? Wow. What a pleb.

I already have a power rack and a ton of weights, I'm content with that.
I do chop wood for cooking and heat but that's not really that laborious, you get quite good at it eventually.

Never said it was the only thing, I said all else equal it's better to be both tough AND strong. You're being disingenuous if you don't see how being able to do more work (and I mean that in the technical sense) with your muscles doesn't benefit you as a laborer. I can move a bigger rock now than I could before, and that's without explicitly training to move rocks. Did that happen by magic? Or is it a consequent of some sort of adaptation ... perhaps one of the general sort?

i need my news for when the shtf comes. and i like playing baldurs gate 2 and browsing Veeky Forums

Trust me mang, I'd be the first to fuck off from here to somewhere that's actually green if it weren't for family. Preferalbly eastern europe.
At the moment though, I am babysitting my baby bro 24-7 and will be doing so for some more time. Would bring him with me but then I'd have a bounty on us by my parents

Do you own your property OP?
I used to want to go full wildman and just take my chances leaving everything behind living out of my pack in The Sierras, but now I've been thinking about saving for rural property in Oregon and growing cruciferous veggies and goats.

yup. i had to work a lot because land is expensive here but i managed to get a bit of property (only 30 acres) to live on. i hunt most of my animals on other peoples land, so i'm poaching, but i've never got caught, there have been a few close calls. on my land i grow potatoes, cress, lots of different fruits and vegetables mainly, i do a lot of foraging though.
because our (((government))) doesn't allow you to build a house on the land unless you're a rich person who can bribe, i just live in a shed/yurt setup, hopefully i don't get caught.

i mainly hunt with my bow, sometimes my crossbow, an atalatl and oftentimes i hunt deer down with a spear and my dog.

You're living my dream bro. I've got about 1.5-2 more years worth of saving to do before I can buy mine.

I can break rocks with sledgehammers and break sledges. I can outwork any farm boy and do

UR LIVING THE DREAM OP, I HOPE I CAN BE LIKE U ONE DAY

It's great living like this bro. good luck buddy.
thanks

FASTING.

>lifting

just do some lifting, some yoga and some running and you'll be 90% as adept as any idiot swinging about in a forest as if that's not an unusual thing to do.

>larping this hard
go away

nice, another american profiting on someone else research and knowledge. This was done by a french guy decades ago.

What's with white people and hating modern advances? In the USA it's always, by far white people that care the most about things being more natural, primitive, whatever. The only other group I can think of like that are the Chinese and their love for traditional medicine. Is it because western religions divorce men in nature so there's a void that must be filled?

Honestly lifting does nothing for my mental gainz

Running long distance does. When you get tired after 5km and have to push yourself. Mental gainz right there brah

Reminder that op is too poor to goto the gym and relies on nature.

money and marketing divorce men from nature. wanting to return to it stems from decadence and boredom brought on by success, tyrone.

South Cali is my dream location to live. I thought it had pretty nature. Does it not?

>Going outside
Enjoy your ziki virus

op sounds like a pretentious annoying zealot but rock climbing is fucking dope

its one of the few non-lifting activities that has that same numerical effort/reward scale (grade) and it makes your forearms fat as fuck extremely quickly (helpful for diddlies as well)

>Doesn't give you functional strength

Right, because a guy benching 315 isn't better equipped in a fight than a guy benching 135

>Why exercise your body directly?

I used to think this, and still somewhat agree. The truth is, when something is heavy and you need additional strength, unless you've really bitten off way more than you can chew, you're only as strong as your weakest link. Rather, there's going to be one bit of the movement that is too hard. Think about pulling up weeds. There, the only strength you need is pinching strength. If you had endless pinching strength, you could pull roots from hella deep. Carrying somebody princess style is going to be limited by you're wrist curl, rarely your posterior chain. Your deltoids and biceps are gonna be the things that prevent you from carrying an object so large that it bumps into your legs to much to let your arms hang.

So you need a completely strong body, and always be shoring up weaknesses. This means isolation exercises, variants on the compounds too. Assistance exercises are the absolute key to strength.

Mah nigga

It does, that guy must not get out much. I'm in San Diego, 10 minutes from beautiful beaches and lagoons. A couple hours down the highway I can be in the Seirras, Joshua Tree, Julian Idyllwild.

Being comfortable with being uncomfortable, muh nigga

>Persistence hunting is for niggers.
you shouldn't badmouth your ancestors, every continent had persistence hunters way back when
the human body is built for walking and running long distances without stopping, what else are you going to do to take advantage of that?

youtu.be/6wRsmzeY_H0
This is the original

> a couple hours

Blech

Post yurt

Bitch I go to the gym to look good.

There is almost no purpose to being super strong in western civilization.

Make sure your abs are freakin ripped for when western civilization collapses.

What's the matter? Mommy won't let you borrow the car for the weekend?

I can get off work at 2 on a friday and be eating freeze dried eggs next to a glacier fed lake by sun down. Good enough for me.

Wow
>being this retarded
U never did any kind of manual labor in ur life

>I chase down deer and live in a shed innamountains
And you shitpost on an anime imageboard

Fuck off nigel

I already live in the woods though, I'm on a mountain. Do I get powers too?

underrated comment

sounds like living the dream desu senpai