Help with shin splints

Hey bros, I'm back on the cardio train again to increase stamina etc. but I have trouble with my shins.
If I train cardio more than once a week (running on treadmill with 1% incline to spare knees) I get really bad shin splints, to the point where I almost can't even walk.
They get infected, making me unable to run for months, and then I lose all running gains.

If I only do it once a week, I have constant pains but not so bad that I have trouble walking, but that's not enough running for me to get better at it.
I have some pretty tall requirements I need to meet (3km in 12 mins by summer) and at this pace, I'm never gonna make it.
I go to lazer/heat treatment once a month, and it feels better afterwards, but next time I run, the pains come back after the session.

The pain is in the red area of pic related. Any bros got any tips for this?

stretch you dumb fuck
also ice your shins, but you gotta stretch

got any good stretch methonds?
I never stretch those muscles

Infected shin splints?
You need to train calves more. Also stretch your calves before and after running and when training them

Are you wearing the right shoes? Used to suffer from foot and calf pain something fierce for unit runs. Sucked it up and kept going for weeks, but I later learned that I just needed shoes for stability based on my running style.

Might help.

30 seconds each leg for 3 minutes
you can also use those spiky balls/foam rollers to get a good massage in.

thx for the tip, I believe my shoes are fine but I could be wrong. I'll try running with a different pair. I have trouble differencing between my body being a pussy and real pain.

When I was back in the core we did a 30 click march with boots and 12kg on the back, broke a bone in my foot at the 20km mark but just kept going. it got pretty bad at the end

increas distance and frequency slowly
clean up your runnning form
improve the rom in your ankles and hips
stretch your calf

Thanks mate, I will buy something like that later today, absolutely worth a try

Is it true that shin splints make you taller after they heal?

in regards to running, also make sure you are running landing on your midfoot, then rolling to the toes (reduces impact)
i'd personally not go running at all for a couple weeks if the pains are severe

I doubt it. was 6'0 last I checked as well

I also just tried kneeling down and pressing my ankles to the ground, leaning back. Holy shit I'm such a retard for not stretching, pain is almost gone after 2x15 seconds

I'll make sure to focus on that. I read somewhere that all humans are running wrong these days, but we're so fucked already we can't go back. Apparently our bodies were made to run on our toes

What if im a manlet, never have gone for serious runs and are under 20? I may grow?

You might have a chance if you whisper
>growgrowgrowgrow
while you stretch towards the skies afterwards

>3km in 12 mins
Damn thats kinda hard to get, strech before and after, ice your legs if hurts too much

ill actually try that

good on you breh
last thing about stretching, you want to avoid static stretching before runs (holding x for y seconds). "dynamic" stretches are best before runs (look them up, there are multiple).
static stretching is best after the muscles are all warmed up from exercise. ice your shins before bed, and maybe even get more calcium in your body. you'll be good in no time bro

Yupp, I'm going back to the army again this summer. 12 mins is the best grade and I'm aiming for that in all the exercises. Last time I was there I did 3km in 12:40, but I was 20kg lighter and ran a lot back then.

The other tests are way easier
> 10 strict form pullups
> throw 10kg medicine ball 5 meters
> 3m jump from standing still

Of course we will also have marching and fighting for days without sleep or food, but I'm pretty familiar with that concept from before

thanks mate, I have recently bought an ice chip machine. But I didn't know it was usefull to strech in the warmup, I usually just jog low tempo for 5 mins with a short sprint at the end. I understand static/dynamic, will give that a go.

Try running barefoot and see if the pain goes away or diminishes. If it does you definitely need new shoes.

>core
Nigga what

Shoe stores usually offer the assessment for free. Just ask and get recommendations on what type of shoe.

Yeah, I shouldn't say core, I'm not american and not even going to the navy.

Not too many places I can run barefoot this time of year, I might get tossed out of the gym. My feet smell pretty bad when they sweat.

Maybe I can even get some cheat shoes with springs in them, I think all kinds of shoes are allowed during the tests haha

and I realize now its obviously corps not core

if you're getting shoes, brooks are the GOAT

any particular ones?

I'm gonna be competing against mostly 18-20 year olds, I'm 25 now but in the best shape of my life.

might have to go to a running store to get that question answered. there are several factors to take in mind when it comes to running shoes, but i have a pair of ravenna 8s that i've used for the past 5 months. so damn comfy.
i think they've released a new runner a few weeks back, might want to look at that one too

Off-topic but seeing as how we're on the topic of feet and shoes
>basketball player
>intense pain on the lateral plantar whilst wearing socks and playing
it's gotten so bad i don't even wear socks while playing but i get mad blisters and it's honestly killing me. any help anons?

Short nylons

these?

Yes, those. Wear them with pride.

physio

Might want to get pressure tested for Compartment Syndrome if they really are that painful mate.