DO NOT FAST

DO NOT FAST, PERIOD.

Your organs will fail. You WILL die. Fasting is a MEME.

You need 60g of protein per day MINIMUM before your body begins eating its organs and muscles. This is NEVER beneficial.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Irish_hunger_strike

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qlo9QRMWNjI
businessinsider.com/angus-barbieri-382-days-without-food-scotsman-fasting-starvation-obesity-2016-10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>60g
you could at least make it a realistic number

60g is the absolute, absolute minimum to maintain the function of your vital organs, muscles, skin, and hair.

A 123 lb marathon runner still needs 0.5g protein per lb of body weight, which is 73.8g of protein.

Per this video, which cites science:
youtube.com/watch?v=qlo9QRMWNjI

Wait so your telling me fasting for 24 to 48 hours will cause as much organ failure as fasting for 1440 hours? Ok, you've convinced me.

Also, I read from a study on fatal family insomnia that being awake for about 1440 hours straight will cause terminal brain shut down and death. This means I should never wake up, right?

Retard, I guess fruitarian animals don't exist.

I've done a 72 hour fast, myself. No, I didn't die.

But was my body burning muscle and visceral organ tissue during that period? Yes.

Why would you want to do that, unless you were competing at a meet?

You are fasting because you want to lose FAT, yet you are losing muscle and water only on the first 3 days pre-ketosis.

oh wow because fruits have 0.000% protein, right?

and oh wow because all mammals have the exact same digestive systems, right?

damn dude

>Retard, I guess fruitarian animals don't exist.
Retard, I guess aquatic animals don't exist
mfw you dive in the ocean to breathe with the fish, kys youre self

2/10 bait

Bro, what part of 10 people dying after a 2 month water fast do you not understand?

For purposes of fitness, most people here are only "fasting" for 16-24 hours.

No one does a fast for over 1 month to lose weight. I have actually no Idea what your point is you fucking idiot.

Bull shit. I been in the threads and people talk about a week and even a month

IF YOU ARE FAT YOU FUCKING RETARD

I did cross country and track in school. I hardly ever ate more than 50g of protein usually. Stop being an autistic idiot.

This is completely inaccurate, you do not lose organ tissue during such a short fast, you do lose some muscle, approx 0.29kg on day 1 which decreases as the length of fast goes on.

Your body enters ketosis after 12 hours, this is because your body can only store about 12 hours worth of carbs in your liver; once you've used that up, then it relies on your digestive system and body fat.

This has been confirmed by measuring the level of urinary nitrogen excretion since the metabolic byproducts of protein catabolism are excreted via the urinary system.

This is also basic biology, but your body stores excess energy as fat because its much more readily available for breakdown than protein, why would your body break down a inefficient energy source than one that is easily broken down and is energy efficient?

Yes, I am sure you will die after fasting a day.

When you wake up it is like a time bomb. The only way to defuse the bomb, is to eat 60g of protein.

If you eat 50g, you die.

If you eat 55g, you die.

if you eat 58g, you die.

>eating food
Lol fag

>if you fast for like 2 months you die
I already knew that.
>You need 60g of protein per day MINIMUM before your body begins eating its organs and muscles
Wrong.

Sage

mfw I'm on day 7 of my fast
:^) kek

You are so fat and butthurt (bucket of crab mentality) that you make a thread dedicated to “anti fasting”
Just how fucking pathetic you can get?

look mom, I can post links too
businessinsider.com/angus-barbieri-382-days-without-food-scotsman-fasting-starvation-obesity-2016-10

Have you read the links? Have you done any research on the matter. 1.3g/kg is the upper limit of protein for athletes beyond which any additional protein does not help in muscle synthesis. This is for athletes putting on muscle at a rate you won't for most of your life. For maintaining muscle that number can be way lower depending on your body. You can rest assured that anyone getting about 50g of protein a day isn't losing muscles. If you only ate pasta and potatoes without meat, cheese or beans for your caloric intake you'd still make Kore than that. No one in the west needs to worry about protein intake unless they're literally chugging oil and sugar to meet their caloric needs.