Why market cap isn't as important as you think and supply of token/total tokens is more important than you think

Why market cap isn't as important as you think and supply of token/total tokens is more important than you think.
Request Network
Market cap $37,810,327
Circulating Supply 636,000,000 REQ
Total Supply 1,000,000,000 REQ

Confido
Market cap $10,414,350
Circulating Supply 9,000,000 CFD
Total Supply 15,000,000 CFD

For Request Network to go up 100%, $37,810,327 extra needs to be put in the total market cap
For Confido to go up 100%, $10,414,350 extra needs to be put in the total market cap
And those extra dollars that need to get in total market cap needs to to grow exponentially higher for each 100% gains.

Good luck with REQ and LINK, both of them with an eventul total supply of 1 billion tokens which will stunt growth in the coming years.

shut up

>Total ETH supply is infinite

AHHHHH SELL SELL SELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

so would this suggest RCN is a piece of shit?
MC $56,963,024
CS 485,142,647 RCN
TS 999,942,647 RCN

Market cap is the coin supply

Coins times usda price equals marketcap

Completely the same category as REQ & LINK
Let's say ChainLink manages to get the same market cap as Ripple (top 4), which is 8,044,950,792 dollars:
1,000,000,000/8,044,950,792 = 8.04 dollars per LINK token.

Don't expect huge gains, sure you'll most likely profit as these projects sound good long term, but not as much as if you had bought Ethereum from the beginning for example

This is the worst fucking post ive ever had the misfortune of reading in my life.

You say market cap isnt important, then go on to talk about market cap increase for % gains.

This post made me retarded

The reverse is also true, ESPECIALLY for coins that are targeted toward newbs who just want to "hodl". In other words, if Reddit faggots are willing to buy a coin at just one cent more/coin because "it's a long-term hodl", then:
350 000 000 x 0.01$ = 3 500 000 more in marketcap. Just like that. Just from a single cent difference.

you completely missed the point.
You divide the market cap with the supply of coins.
The higher the token supply is the higher the market cap needs to be and for each 100% gains a larger insane amount of dollars needs to pump into the market cap, which is dictated by the supply of coins/tokens

Get it?

I hope I've killed the LINK meme here

I was confused at first because I thought I was understanding OP incorrectly. Then I realized he's straight up retarded.

OP your example is literally an example why market cap matters more than supply

yeah, but then you need to invest in the 1000's of dollars to make considerable gains

Cognitive dissonance is strong
I'm killing dreams of lambos, reality is hard to accept

holy shit you are fucking dumb OP

MARKET CAP IS RELATIVE TO THE CIRCULATING SUPPLY

I'm plainly telling you people the simple mathematics of gains and you still refuse to accept reality, trying to come up with ways to justify to yourselves why your unrealistic dreams will come true

Well yes. But if you are a mini-whale and you buy a fuck ton of a coin at low price and it increases by just a cent (because noobs don't know that this "just a cent" makes whales richer) then you're set.

You made a point against yourself. Fuck...

yup. this post gave me autism.

most retarded post of the day. Do you realize that the reason Confido only needs 10,414,350 for 100% is a direct result of its current market cap being the same amount? Has nothing to do with supply

oh heavens no. not the thousands of dollars!!

i think i figured out your issue. you are literally playing with like 20 bucks.

Exactly
For example, in hopes of getting rich in the future I buy 10,000 Ripple, that costs 2096 dollars. I hope one day that Ripple is 50 per token one day, which would mean I would have 500,000 dollars. What would it take for Ripple to reach 50 dollars each? 1,931,143,520,550 dollars.
Do you believe that Ripple will reach that much in the future? Is that realistic? 1.9 Trillion dollars? Really?

It's just some fag shilling some shitcoin in an attempt to pump it so he can dump it.

Like 90% of all Veeky Forums threads.

Your post just showed why market cap is in fact important. You explained that a double of market cap would lead to a double in the value of your holdings.

And LINK has $65,803,500 that it needs to double to 100%, and more than half the tokens aren't in circulating supply, which means even more dollars needs to be pumped in as the tokens are slowly released, which stunts the growth over time.

>local goy figures out circulating supply * token price = market cap

this is the most retarded post.

you're either a gen z nu-male cuck, or have significant amounts of melanin in your skin

sage this shit

The reason so many are starting to reply to this thread is that people are trying to convince themselves otherwise, in light simple mathematics that don't jive with their dreams.

You just dont get it kid. Youre explaining how market caps work while saying market cap doesnt matter. Stay in school

OP is the worst kind of retard. The type that thinks they aren't retarded and thinks common knowledge they "discovered" is somehow unknown to everyone else.

$65,803,500 Current market cap
$131,607,000 x2 of current market cap
$263,214,000 x4 of current market cap
$526,428,000 x8 of current market cap
$1,052,856,000 x16 of current market cap
oops, the total supply of ChainLink has been bumped up to 1,000,000,000 as per coinmarketcap, which means 1 ChainLink token is worth 1 dollars

lmao literally the logic of a 1st grader. OP probably thinks penny stocks are good investments

This isn't true, here's why:

Current price for REQ is $0.057. Say some news comes out in 1hr saying it has a partnership with amazon. Instantly all token holders see a higher value for their token. They think the current valuation is too low, and pull all sell orders from the exchanges. Buyers want to buy and start buying at highly inflated prices. This causes the marketcap to increase dramatically instantly, probably goes up about 5x with less than $100k volume on the exchanges.

Marketcap means nothing.

Anybody care to try and refute this logic?
1 ChainLink is 0.1935 dollars at $67,739,700 market cap with 350,000,000 circulating supply
Let's bump up the market cap 16 TIMES
67,739,700 * 16 = 1,052,856,000
So if the market cap went up 16 times, you would gain alot right?
Now the ChainLink team releases the rest of the tokens into partners and into the wild, which is 650,000,000 extra tokens, total 1 BILLION TOKENS. What is 1,052,856,000 divided by 1,000,000,000? 1.05!!!!!!!!!
That means 1 ChainLink would be worth 1.05 DOLLARS
That is not even 10x of your investment

The LINK meme should die now

Awfully silent here now kek

muh link

Don't respond to my logic here and just keep posting nonsense. Good 1.

As for :

This isn't true. The value of tokens is how much people will sell them for. Not the marketcap. If the amount in circulation goes up, the price stays the same unless people start selling the new circulating tokens. This means the marketcap increases, the price doesn't decrease. That is stupid.

For astro to go up 100% it just needs 3m...

Yeah it's gotta be trolling, no one's this dumb even on Veeky Forums.

You're a fucking retard and your troll attempt is bad.