/tofu/ General

How many grams of tofu can you safely eat per day before you start getting more estrogen/decreasing your test levels?

Is eating half the tofu block in the OP pic per day too much?

5kgs

1 nanogram

find me a mechanistic study showing that soy increases estrogen and lowers test in adult males.

Fuck off. You don't get to have a general about tofu.

>Evidence

F...Fuck Soyboy, you're probably some n..nu-male cuck

Show me the study that says you can eat unlimited amounts of soy without inducing any hormonal effects on your body

Phytoestrogens decrease actual estrogens through a process called "competitive blocking". It's cheap, easy, protein - eat up and don't worry.

lol I'm not saying you should be eating 50 blocks of tofu a day or anything.

He doesn't need to because they're doesn't exist any evidence in the first place to say it does lmao.

This bullshit all started because of a bunch of aussie sheep you dumb fuck

>unlimited
You'd die, lol... no one is extreme amounts, just some extra protein here and there. It's cheap af.

>hormonal effects
There are some, but not bad ones. See There's a couple of of meta-studies avaliable, better than looking at every individual study. Use google scholar yourself so you don't think I'm cherry-picking.

So the OP is asking what the upper limit is of what your daily consumption should be. Is that so hard to understand?

post study

Wtf is that story dude?

Ignore the autists fighting OP. 7oz (half that pack) is fine per day. Tofu is pretty good for you, plenty of protons.

Google scholar it yourself, lest you think I'm cherry-picking. Look for metastudies, patterns emerge more clearly.

I have and those studies you are referring to are all flawed and riddled with causation vs correlation fallacies.

Check out the study released just last month by Donahue and Miller. It is a well constructed study that concludes that Tofu does negatively impact male hormone levels even when small servings are consumed. I'm a PhD student in Nutrition so I've done a fair bit of research myself on this subject.

I don't know. You tell me.

Go ahead and eat it then. No one is stopping you.

As long as that half block of tofu isn't 90% of your calories, it's fine. All those old rats studies with soy have them eat the equivalent of 50 cups of soy milk for humans.

You really don't need to worry about soy effecting your hormones.

You don't get to make any claim you want and then support it with just "lol google it" retard

Going to make some tofu eggdrop soup tonight. I'm a meat eater but tofu is fucking good.

I suggested scholar and terms to search for so that we could avoid the cherry-picking both sides tend to engage in. This would allow for you to form an unbiased interpretation of the data. Thanx for shitting on my attempt to be neutral, faggot.

I was referring to the studies showing the competitive blocking effect, but do refer me to what you where reading so that I can look over the methods used.

Also having trouble finding the article you're talking about, could you link it? And while we're on the subject, I do love tofu and would like to continue eating it - are there any foods I could eat to negate potential negative effects? I already eat everything reported by broscience to boost test, but I'm talking real science.

Somebody made a baseless claim and now you're desperately backpedaling since you can't support it with scientific evidence lmfao

Try harder reddit

Spotted the newfag.