Plates under heels

Ok so, recently I found out that, if I squat with plates under my heels like pic related, I can go waaaayy deeper, like, almost ass to the ground deep. It also makes my body feel like its in a more natural position.
Whereas when squatting normally I sometimes even have trouble reaching parallel and I generally feel uncomfortable in my hips and knees.

Can I keep squatting with plates under my heels so I can go way deeper and not have discomfort in my joints, or is doing this not good and should I return to regular squats with less ROM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vmNPOjaGrVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It means you have shit ankle mobility nigger. Work on that.

This. Stretch more.

Just buy weightlifting shoes dude. I wear adidas adipower in the gym, it’s got a 3/4 inch heel so you can hit squat depth

Stop being poor and buy some weightlifting shoes.

So plates under heels just mimics weightlifting shoes' heel elevation? So its no problem to do it? Yeah Im too poor to buy them, theyre expensive

I do stretch my legs/hip flexors etc quite a bit. Never thought of trying to increase ankle mobility, Ill try that

Enjoy fucking your knees up.

Buy weightlifting shoes, they are cheap.

yeah its fine, but as user said, while you use the plates, try and work on ankle mobility. if you can do it without the plates, its better

100-200 dollars aint cheap... I live alone in my own appartment while paying for my own college. I have no money to spare feelsbadman

Do what l did
Go to your local army surplus store and buy some used boots for 25$

Yeah maybe 2nd hand is an option... Ill check it out

Bullshit how would using plates fuck your knees up?

Ass to grass is not as good as people think.
Using plates will make you go deeper but with bad form, causing knee slide.
Also, you're just partially covering a problem instead of working on fixing it.
Learn proper form:

youtube.com/watch?v=vmNPOjaGrVE

>ATG is bad
>every single professional olympic weightlifter is doing it wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Ass to grass is not as good as people think.

>>ATG is bad
Yeah, you should learn to read.

>Plates under heels

used by weak pussies with shit ankles.

>not squatting barefoot
quit cheating yourselves

are people using weightlifting shoes also weak pussies with shit ankles then? the concept of raising heels is the same

it's ok if you keep yourself from rounding your lower back
for me, i noticed that going too far below parallel makes me buttwink (round my lower back) so i need to stretch my hamstrings out before i try them.

You can buy appropriately high heel risers/ heel lifts from amazon for like nothing, and it's practically a lifting shoe

Those have compressible soles and are absolutely shit because of that. Weightlifting shoes are so valuable because the soles/heels are hard and incompressible and the stable platform they give you.

how the fuck do you spread the floor when you lift with plates?

I have shit ankles and long femurs

>I feel way natural and comfortable doing the movement like X
Yes, this shouldn't be a question.

Just do it with the plates under your feet and work on your ankle mobility int he meantime

God just saw a lanklet do this while quarter squatting lmao1pl8.

He had squat shoes too...

rubberized plates

If I tried doing squats I'm afraid the brown devil will appear

>low bar
Into the trash

desu you don't need femurs to run

>Atg is bad when you dont do it right
Wow

I have some fuckedup feet and used olatea to go atg for a while. Then I worked on my mobility and although I don't go atg my liftst feel alot better.
It was mainly my hamstrings which where tight AF

Jesus fucking Christ when the LBTQ crowds are out of outlines for their flags do they use your feet?

Holy shit, haven’t laughed this hard in years

Fuck it, I'm for the bodypositive movement now. HAES!

>Alan "pube beard" Thrall

>linking an allan thrall video unironically

Holy rainbow feet wtf

i wear weightlifting shoes because i compete in weightlifting and i cant just ask three judges and the event organiser to seat up plates next to the bar every time i lift.

The biggest and strongest guy in my gym does that