/FAST/ Fasting General NO YOU CAN'T CONSUME CALORIES Edition

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrIfx5pfKfk&t
theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/what-you-should-know-before-going-on-a-fast/article8461083/
youtube.com/watch?v=tmpT4b5gTuE
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20974050
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16815497
youtube.com/watch?v=AkNDQD0gkAU
goodreads.com/author/quotes/3373474.T_Colin_Campbell
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24769862/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006291X14017227
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for avocadofag is always wrong.

>Not posting the expert of keto and fasting
youtube.com/watch?v=jrIfx5pfKfk&t

Can somone who's not a soy boy post theu before and after? If fast is so good I want to see people with muscle mass do it instead of crash diet fatties

he is so cancerous

>T H I C C B O I in a fasting thread lol

>fasted so hard his hair started falling out
surprised he can hold up his phone

I don't eat any soy. Mostly greek yogurt and lean beef and turkey with some broccoli and salt when I'm not fasting (aka one meal every 24-48 hours)

But I fully admit I am a twink faggot though. I have a shoulder injury since 2012 and I can barely hold things above my head for long

I shaved and it regrew

Can I go OMAD and still consume a 1000 calorie deficit per day? Currently 6'4'' 255 and need to loose about 50 pounds.

What's your bodyfat on the right bruh

I want to do a short water fast (48 hours). Do I need to worry about electrolytes over such a short time period? I have low potassium sometimes because I have IBS and go through periods where I shit my guts out after every meal for days on end.

Also, can I do cardio while water fasting or will I pass out?

No reason you can't. 1000 kcal deficit isn't anything special.

Does oil pulling kick you out of a fasted state?

Yes. Transitioning into the fast is the hardest part. Just put some salt in your water and you'll be fine.

Also have IBS. I get bloody shits if I eat more than a few grams of plants a day. Fun times.

I would estimate between 15-20%. DEXA scans are really manipulable, if you drink a lot of water you can lower your reading by 3%.

I am 5'10 195 in left, 5'10 171 in right. 3 weeks progress water/dry fasting/IF keto. Only walking for exercise every so often.

If I lose about another 30 lbs of fat and 5 lbs of lean body mass (RIP), I would be around a legit 9% bf.

Basically my diet right now. RULE OF THUMB: Fast longer, eat more quickly, and you will lose more weight. Two reasons: insulin and intestinal absorption of calories. Keep calories low too.

Good luck :D

48 hours done
Can I eat keto now

at the very least it won't kick you out of ketosis, since it's fat and it isn't much calories anyway, if they even are absorbed in the mouth anyway

sorry to hear you have IBS man. Hope fasting can cure it.

yes, and then you do another 24 or 48 :)

keep doing this for a month or two and you will be down 20-40 lbs

No, OMAW is the final form. Go for 5 days.

>he is so cancerous
AT LEAST I AM NOT A FUCKING MANLET CHINK CON ARTIST TRYING TO SELL BOOKS MISREPRESENTING A COMPUTER MODEL AS A STUDY

There's one problem with the rationale behind fasting diets, according to David Lau, an obesity researcher, professor and chair of the diabetes and endocrine research group at the University of Calgary. When glycogen stores in the liver are depleted, the body doesn't burn fat: It breaks down protein. Lau said starvation will only burn fat as fuel after about a week of starvation.

"Muscle protein breakdown occurs in the first 24 hours of starvation," he said. "Muscle protein breakdown [is] not healthy."

His concern is that many people are fasting without realizing they may be losing crucial muscle mass. The danger is that as protein in the body breaks down, it could lead to other unwanted side effects, such as altered immunity. In order to fight infections, the body needs to produce antibodies, a type of protein. But when the body is breaking down protein for fuel, it may not send the right signal to make antibodies, Lau said.
theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/what-you-should-know-before-going-on-a-fast/article8461083/

you're literally retarded

>Eat 2 cans of tuna
>Shit it out undigested
It's great.

Thanks for the replies. I will be starting next week.

>sample size of seven
>no mention of methods
>no replication

>hur dur my david lau is better than your jason fung hur dur everything is an anecdote hur dur jimmy moore is still fat so fasting doesn't work
Just stop being retarded.

here we go boys

>MISREPRESENTING A COMPUTER MODEL AS A STUDY

lol,
>biggest loser is a computer model
>Bloodwork is a computer model
>understanding two compartment model is a computer model

Dumbest motherfucker I've ever come across.

WERE THE FUCK IS THE DROP OFF?

FUCK YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKERS

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST JUST FUCK MY MUSCLE UP SENPAI

>when your point is fucking garbage so you supplement with capslock and autism

Avocado Nigger please go

Night after breaking 65h dry fast

.>good
Didnt shit myself while sleeping
Protein in pee is gone and maybe was not there in the first place or I guess it happened because my body could not absorb all protein eaten after breaking fast?

>bad
Gained fucking 2kg

>unknown
My keto strips are showing higher urine ph. It should be 5 but it is like 7. What does that mean?

Also slept for only like 3 hours

doing a hard dry fast, am I supposed to feel like i'm dying

BUT YOU FUCKERS BELIEVE THIS GENIUS BROISCIENTIST WHO THINKS POOP MAKES CALORIES TOTALLY IRRELEVANT

THIS IS HONESTLY THE STUPIDEST FUCKING THING IT HAS TO BE A FUCKING PARODY

youtube.com/watch?v=tmpT4b5gTuE

Yes. Because you are. Slowly. Of dehydration.

Don't go more than 24 hours your first time.

>Gained fucking 2kg
how?

Ive been doing 16/8 on my off days while on a 3200 cal bulk what benefits should i expect :DD

DRINK WATER AND EAT SOMETHING

>THINKS POOP MAKES CALORIES TOTALLY IRRELEVANT
He doesn't tho, some calories you shit out... simple observable fact. Some animals eat their own shit because of this, some animals have two stomachs because of this.

You're btfo so hard you're throwing shit against the wall now to see what sticks. lmao this is fun to see

water

oh

>He

IF HE IS 1% SERIOUS HE IS FUCKING RETARDED

>snake diet
>literally 5'6
>literally a flaming homosexual

been 4 days of arguing with you now and you still say that my results are from muscle wasting lmao, i'm dying

can we meet up in person bro??? i think it would be so hilarious to see our autisms clash in a friendly debate over some lemon water and avocados. no homo

what day are you in? no. it's supposed to be enjoyable. If you are suffering, you can either eat some salt or stop. Suffering = something has gone wrong.

hey dude me again, here to help. protein in urine fluctuates wildly. Don't read too deeply into it. I used to "fail physicals" all the time for protein in urine

higher urine ph is good. You want it to be neutral, 7. Acidic pee is a symptom of ketosis and explains why you were having slight kidney pain

Gaining 2kg is no big deal. Just water. It will level off tomorrow at only 1kg or less

How much did you lose total, from starting weight, to lowest weight, to current weight?

Except his facebook group is literally smothered in RESULTS.

>can't even read his own charts
>one starts at 0, the other at -5

>Dry fasting
>literally going to borderline ketoacidosis
>people unironically think this is good for you

jesus fuck

>literally going to borderline ketoacidosis
Thats not how acidosis works. Unless you have type 1 diabetes you're never going to get ketoacidosis.

Check out my results in the OP and then tell me that dry fasting is in any way shape or form harmful or non-beneficial

YEAH, HIS FACE BOOK WERE HE CLAIMS TO KNOW THE CURE FOR CANCER DRY - FASTING

AS IF NO ONE WOULD HAVE FIGURED THIS OUT BY NOW AND SOME EXTRA CHROMOSOME KID IN CANADA SOLVED THE MYSTERY

THE ONLY THING YOU WILL BE SHITTING OUT IS YOUR LEAN FUCKING MASS OF COURSE YOU WILL GET SMALLER YOUR BODY IS CANNIBALIZING IT SELF

>EXTRA CHROMOSOME KID
>as he spams every /fast/ with refuted points and caps lock for literally weeks.
lol shill hardee

The cure for cancer is quite literally keeping casein ingestion to under 5% of total calories.

Fasting/ketosis is literally cancer-reversing.

Source: the china study

What he's saying is actually true, though. It does take about a week of caloric deficit to start burning an appreciable amount of fat. This is why cheat days are so retarded.

no, it doesn't

what is ketosis, fuck wat?

>I lost a bit of weight therefore this must be healthy!

>can't even read his own charts

DRINKS SNAKE PISS WHILE BODY LIVES ON MUSCLE

>David Lau, an obesity researcher, professor and chair of the diabetes and endocrine research group at the University of Calgary.
>"Muscle protein breakdown occurs in the first 24 hours of starvation," he said. "Muscle protein breakdown [is] not healthy."
>Muscle protein breakdown
>"Muscle protein breakdown [is] not healthy."

Please explain how I am causing myself a medical problem then.

I literally cured every problem I have ever had through fasting, specifically IF dry fasting

>being fat longer is healthy
>a bit of weight
>people losing literally 100s of pounds
Results Talks
Bullshit Walks

You lose weight on keto (fat fasting), nobody debates that. What avocado niggers eternally fail to comprehend is that you end up with saggy fucking skin because you don't trigger autophagy when you eat food. You also don't fi food addiction because you're literally eating. You also don't fix metabolic syndromes (hormone problems) because you regularly spike insulin.

I contemplate how fucking retarded you are. I meditate on it, and it's something I cannot comprehend yet.

I want to try a 48 hour fast so bad. I don't think I have the courage to do it

thank you for calling out these fuckin keyboard theorists in this thread who are still not losing a single ounce with their studies and mystical criticism

hi, the good news is you can quit if you don't like it!! :)

you can also work your way up. Imagine if you just made it until 4PM or something. That's nearly a full day of fasting (if you finished dinner at say 7PM the night before)

np family
>autist spams /fast/ a few weeks
>i've been shitposting for over a decade
>I wonder who will win

>autophagy

WE WENT OVER THIS ALREADY YOU CAN GET THE SAME FUCKING RESULTS WITH A CYCLICAL KETO DIET
REEEEEE

>stops autophagy

>The autophagy-lysosomal pathway is involved in TAG degradation in the liver: the effect of high-sucrose and high-fat diet.
>LAL activity significantly correlated with ketogenesis in all groups
>Autophagy is stimulated under the same conditions as LAL
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20974050

>Ketones turn on autophagy
>Tissues that cannot use ketone bodies for energy respond to these small molecules by activating chaperone-mediated autophagy.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16815497

>macroautophagy

Is the only type that needs to be stimulated by fasting and it only last a few hours.

>/fast/ always ends up being retards arguing about which youtuber is right and throwing out studies they don't even know how to read
this place is worse than the fasting reddits

ayyy i was an OG fit poster back in like summer 2010, ground zero in the year of our lord Zyzz of course

now I'm back here after 6 years of corporate grinding

I give out friendly advice on a literally hourly basis for free, with no bullshit or shilling, i merely state possibilities

>>Ketones turn on autophagy
No it doesn't, saggy yoyo diet ketofags have proven this to us since the Atkins meme.

Results Talk
Bullshit Walks

link?

He tripfags so its easy to hide his posts (he's not smart enough to know this because he's a tripfagging shill that thinks he's doing something of a trademark.

YOU GET BTFO EVERY FUCKING TIME

THEN JUST START GOING FULL AD HOMINEM

THIS IS ME EVERY TIME I ENTER FAST

youtube.com/watch?v=AkNDQD0gkAU

>you get btfo
No I don't, post your titpics for everyone again... or should I, tubbo...

I can go digging further but let me give you some starting points and explain what I can remember from everything I have heard from this guy

goodreads.com/author/quotes/3373474.T_Colin_Campbell

Dr Colin Campbell is famous (in the vegan plant based community) for his book The China Study.

They did a ton of research and clinical studies in China that basically explained that when animal fat/casein is less than 5% of total calories in one's diet, tumor growth ceases and incidences are lower.

Chinese people back in the 60s and 70s got most of their calories from rice, vegetables, and only a very small amount from meat, that was cut into thin sheets and was eaten sparingly.

He proposed this as the explanation for why Chinese and Indian and Southeast Asian inhabitants had much lower cancer rates than Westerners, who eat lots of meat and cheese and milk.

I personally have reservations about some of this but the study was massive. It's why I am glad most of my calories come from my own fat.

>THIS IS ME EVERY TIME I ENTER FAST

the Alex Jones pic is your body type before and after your "fat fast." You have lost zero fat following your plan, fatty.

Fucking lol that looks exactly like avo's fatroll

>It's why I am glad most of my calories come from my own fat
so what's your plan when you lose the weight

No cooincidence, they both fat fasted.

trips confirm.

also notice that alex jones literally shaved his biceps to give himself a shadow appearance of definition LOL

you get refuted, then you start screaming and pretend it didn't happen

you don't know the difference between lean mass and muscle, you don't know why methods and sample sizes and replication are important.

you'r literally retarded

>goodreads.com/author/quotes/3373474.T_Colin_Campbell
gtannk you

diabetes and heart disease is very high in india, though

>don't know the difference between lean mass and muscle
Good catch, it's so funny that so many people are pointing out this faggots retardation. Cheers

if I was really concerned about any cancerous tumors growing inside of me, I suppose I would put some weight back on through sugar or nuts or something, and then continue fasting

but you already know im gonna live life, eat some fat ass food and enjoy it. then when i wanna lose weight i'll fast some more

fuck if i wanna live til 90 being some old rickety vegan lol

i have no qualms about dying at 68. im already basically retired

they didn't get canceer because they largely didn't live as long, and didn't have much exposure to industrial pollutants. see how their cancer rate is climbing even among those with a traditional diet.

see also how japanese immigrants who adopted US diets but maintained japanese lifestyles lived longer than those who retaind lifestyle and diet

you're literally retarded. maybe more than avocado.

I'm willing to bet in the 1960s and 70s when this was conducted, it was not common. Maybe in the richer high classes, but not among the 1b poor people who live solely off of rice and grass

the western diet has infiltrated nearly every corner of the world now though. rip

Water I hope. I drank 3 litres over course of 6 hours

Hey biggest weight loss 27kg so right now Im at 25kg.

Were you drinking coffee during your fast? I still dont know if it is good or bad. Snake man is against it but I think only because he wants you to quit all addictions (food,meds,cigaretes,caffeine)

also the reduced casein changed things from tumors to tissue necrosis under exposure to toxins. this means it made things worse.

look, I explicitly said I don't swear by this guy. I'm merely bringing information to your attention.

Anyone who is inactive and is overeating, particularly on PURELY hot dogs and butter and etc will on average have higher cancer rates than someone who is eating normal portions and is moderately active

even if that were true, and it's not, observational studies are not sufficient for drawing conclusions.

There are pros and cons... I still drink the fuck out of black coffee and I'm down 60lbs in 5 months (not even strict water fasting, but it bursts).

Pro
>helps trigger autophagy harder while fasting

Con
>not too great for gut microbiome

I address this with probiotics and prebiotics on the refeed.

[citation needed] [disambiguation needed]

congrats!! that's fucking bomb dude!!!!

I don't drink coffee, tea, or caffeine because I'm a lil bitch and it makes my heart race and my chest very tight.

I don't know if I believe snakeman about the coffee. However I have chewed gum that has calories from sugar alcohol in it. As you could expect, the taste was great and the weight loss still continued just fine.

I think it is a mistake for ANYONE to be a purist. If something comforts you and the weight continues to drop, keep doing it until something in that process breaks. I'd rather a 90% optimal fast that lasts 10 days than a 100% optimal fast that lasts 5.

how do you vet your information then bro???

I mean, i just read and watch a lot of diverse shit and then begin experimenting to see what works with me.

I really don't like purism and theorists on the internet. the China study was really massive and is something to consider, not something to dismiss wholesale because it immediately challenges your original belief.

>[citation needed]
he said after I quoted his own studies

the sentence you uttered literally was unintelligible to me, a college educated, American English speaker.

A link or page number would be greatly appreciated

The only retard here is Avocado.

correlation is not causation. no amount of handwaving about sample size changes that.

people like to point to epidemiology for this being valid, but epidemiology already has established causation in that microorganisms cause disease. the rest of human knowledge doesn't have that convenience.

I dont understand your pic because Im brainlet. If it really boosts autophagy (source please) then I will start drinking it because Im afraid of ending up with loose skin and also caffeine boosts weight loss right?

Thanks,halfway done lol. I really let myself go

From 1.11 i lost only 7kg so far. Refeeds always fuck me over I will stop doing them

you must be avocado, then

I'm sorry you're too retarded to look up things you yourself are quoting

>I dont understand your pic because Im brainlet. If it really boosts autophagy (source please) then I will start drinking it because Im afraid of ending up with loose skin and also caffeine boosts weight loss right?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24769862/

Another, literally just googling it for you... you should feel bad.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006291X14017227

WHAT IS JIMMY'S AUTOPHAGY BROKEN BECAUSE IT SURE IN THE HELL LOOKS LIKE HE HAS SOME LOOSE SHIT UNDER THAT FUCKING SHIRT

i'm responding to like 5 different people in this thread soooo sorry, again I don't swear by it. my pics are in OP so obviously im not Avo...

i used to be a competitive cyclist weighing 127 lbs at 5'10 lol. anything above 127 is "fat" in my mind, so it's a pretty crazy pipedream to chase haha

i'm not going to be able to intellectually engage with you at this point. either we can talk about potential causes for diseases, or we can't talk at all. I don't dismiss studies for procedural reasons