Veeky Forums here, im new to lifting. should I do SL 5x5 or a 6 day PPL split...

Veeky Forums here, im new to lifting. should I do SL 5x5 or a 6 day PPL split? both routines are designed for linear progression. Idc about how much I lift but more about aesthetics

Do SS LP. Any other advice is a troll or uninformed/underage poster

SL, with these exceptions:
>When you fail 3 times in a row, deload by 10%
>After you deload 3 times on an exercise, drop 1 set (except deadlifts)
>After you hit 1/2/3/4, switch to PPLPPLx or ULxPPLx

is there a cutting version of it? the program suggests to not be in a caloric deficit when doing said routine

>1/2/3/4
This doesn't even make sense. OHP should be at least 2/3 of your bench during LP

If you're severely overweight, feel free to slowly cut calories while you train. Otherwise, just eat what you normally eat.

Anecdotally, I've remained at the same weight but dropped 2 waist sizes after my LP

not really. just skinny fat. im currently gain-taining and still not feel like shit during StrongLifts. I feel like if i am on a deficit my lifts will suffer

sorry, can you elaborate 1/2/3/4? is that the number of plates on the bar?

>aesthetics

PPL

1pl8 overhead press
2pl8 bench press
3pl8 squat
4pl8 deadlift
And I'm not sure how new you are to this so just to be clear they should be 45 pound plates

thanks! just one month in messing around with SL 5x5

Yes, if you are on a deficit your lifts will suffer. You will not make great strength gains and your confidence will probably drop as a result; leading you to give up lifting and continue being skinny fat until you are just fat.

>OHP should be at least 2/3 of your bench during LP
1pl8 is exactly 2/3 of 2pl8, you illiterate mongoloid.

>these exceptions
That's literally the routine

SL/SS has too much squat volume on it 5x5 for 3 days a week. if you want to be aesthetics and have the time just follow a PPL routine with the main lifts, sq, dl, ohp, bp

Rate my lifts
OHP 105lb
Bench 145lb
Squat 195lb
Dead 195lb
When will I make it?

Alright curl fags. Post those juicy biceps. Curlbrah reporting in. Just hit 2 plate curl in squat rack lol

is that anime on your laptop?
into the it goes

>Trashing anime on an anime board. Ishig.

What is the right amount to eat while lifting then? I want to gain strength but don't want to gain back any fat. Should I just eat like 100 calories over maintenance?

if you only care about aesthetics you shoud do push/pull with legs on either day and train everyday unless you do too much volume.

find your maintenance and add like 100-200 calories. its called micro bulking

Not with them you didn't

Why

Why do you faggots not just do the program

SS exists, why do you not just do the program

Unyuns

1pl8/2pl8
60 kg/100kg
6/10
3/5 =|= 2/3

I'm skeptical of it since any huge dude I've met IRL has never even heard of it and they literally laugh when I tell them the program. I've only heard from huge bros that it isn't any where near enough volume for muscle building. They say it's probably good for cutting while retaining mass before a contest but not for anything else