/home gym/

Black Friday Edition

What are you waiting to go on sale lads? Pic related for me.

>What do I need? Should I buy x?
The only things you need for a home gym are a standard barbell, weight plates, a rack/stand of some sort, and a bench.

>I don't have any money. Can I cheap out on x?
The only thing you absolutely cannot cheap out on is the barbell. Expect to spend around $300 on one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6dy5eyMDt3c
youtu.be/IuWRid86W40
roguefitness.com/hot-deals/?icid=ga-mbf-bf-below-header-promo-block-exclusives
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also I've got a poster being made from this pic on the way, gonna have it and a flag up on either side of the rack

Posting inspiration

Nothing, I got all that I need:
>80lb weight vest
>power station
>gym rings
>40lbs of leg weights
>100lbs of plates
>two adjustable dumb bell bars
I got tons of variations I can do with the above if an exercise becomes too easy.

True alpha builds his own power rack.

youtu.be/6dy5eyMDt3c

And their own bench

youtu.be/IuWRid86W40

Want a rack so badly in my life, pretty much basing my next apartment choice on having space for one.

if that's not the BuffDudes dad diy video, then I'm calling you a faggot

Click to see mong.

not only is that gay as fuck there's only like 250lbs in plates there

i ha e this minus the bars on top

its decent, safeties held my 5pl8 rack pulls with ease, and im sure it can hold more

Just went out and got some stuff for the kitchen.

>george foreman grill
>electric griddle
>hand mixer
>air fryer
>crock pot
>rice cooker

did I call you a faggot? no. because you posted the goat home gym guide

return the crock pot and rice cooker and get an instant pot off amazon shit is on sale

>air fryer
>crock pot
>rice cooker

my man. I have the trinity on my bench

The level of faggotry one needs to have to put that flag and vest in their training room and then have their dog pose in it for an instagram photo is inconceivable. And to top it off the guy is a skele since there is no weight.

That's the first I've heard of that. It looks pretty neat, but I might not need all of the features. The rice cooker and crock pot were $10 each. I'll see how much use I get out of them and maybe upgrade if I need something more

op here, pic is my full list, buying it all tomorrow

Why are you buying odd numbers of plates?

>pair

oh lol. Derp

>bootlicking police
>literally four 20kg plates
what a faggot

>not lifting for our boys in blue

ask me how I can tell youre a homo

because you're a homo and you can tell if other people if other people are homos too?

here's the version i up-rezzed for the poster using waifu2x

we'll find out how it looks; getting it in 24x36

I said ask me. And no, by the way.

I don't need to ask you because I'm a homo who can tell if other people are homos who can tell if other people are homos who can tell if other people are homos

>return the crock pot and rice cooker and get an instant pot off amazon shit is on sale
if he doesn't do this he is a faggot.

rogue has hot shit up currently:
roguefitness.com/hot-deals/?icid=ga-mbf-bf-below-header-promo-block-exclusives

what the fuck is a ski-erg? how does it work? the only moving part looks like the handles

do you know how to ski?
do you know what an erg is?

combine the concepts while you look at the picture

>do you know what an erg is?
no, that sounds like bullshit

rowing machine

How are you supposed to set up a squat stand for bench press?

...you put a bench in it?

okay, but how on earth does that translate to skiing, and the machine shown

If you imagine yourself doing it its not

lower the j-cups (the things that hold the barbell in the squat rack) and put a bench inside the squat rack. it's not rocket surgery user

In skiing, power is generated by pushing back on the terrain with ski poles to propel your body forward. Pulling down on those handles which are in turn linked to some variable resistance system and a computer, simulates that motion and can estimate your speed and calculate things like strokes per minute for athletes trying to refine technique. it's not rocket surgery user

>power is generated by pushing back on the terrain
okay, that's the bit I was missing -- I've skiid plenty, but only downhill stuff, and I only really use my poles to stabilize myself.

but I suppose yeah, in speed-competitive or especially cross-country skiing, pole-pushing really is where it's at. Now I see how you connected that to rowing. thanks user.

yeah alpine skiers are often cited as having the highest VO2 max of any athletes. this is partially because of their sport so I can see why this would be a trendy thing for a crossfit gym, but it's mostly because they train at altitude by necessity because they're fuckin skiing