Should I be consuming protein powder every day, or just on workout days?

Should I be consuming protein powder every day, or just on workout days?
This shit is expensive.

Also, how many scoops?

Only really necessary if you can't get enough protein from your regular diet. 1.2 g protein per kg lean mass per day is plenty if you're getting enough kcals.

>just on workout days
>he doesn't workout every day

Will soy lecithin turn me into a soy boy? It's in nearly every whey protein powder that's affordable

>This shit is expensive.
Nice first world coutnry there american.
Here everything is very expensive and I still manage to have protein everyday and don't whine like a bitch about the cost

Eating sucks. Reaching 180 fucking grams of protein every single day, without protein powder is impossible sorry

I doubt very much you have 150 kg of lean mass, kiddo. Your 180 g/day is something you choose to do, not what you need to progress.

No.

It's an emulsifier. It makes it possible to dissolve the whey in liquid.

I follow the classical 1g per lb of bodyweight

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

>1.2 g protein per kg lean mass
how do I know how much lean mass I have?

>Reaching 180 fucking grams of protein every single day, without protein powder is impossible sorry
I do it daily without protein powder.

If by "classical" you mean made up broscience, yeah sure.

Derp. Figure out your bf% and weight and it's basic math from there.

Also, fun fact, 2 tablespoons of lecithin granules a day for three days will make you jizz like a fire hose.

bones? organs? water weight? that's not in bf% but it isn't lean mass either

take your weight and subtract off your fat.

you can estimate body fat yourself, or use an online calculator like the navy tape test or post a photo of your torso and ask for an estimate or buy a $20 set of body fat calipers off ebay.

no abs but no love handles is about 15%
abs are around 12%
prominent veins without a pump are around 8%

you don't need to be obsessive. 1.1 g per kg of body weight or 0.5 g per pound is probably fine. you just don't need 1g/lb.

Thanks for the info, user. I guess I'm somewhere between 12 and 15 then. Is there any danger if I eat more than that amount of protein? Asked another way, is there such as thing as "too much" protein? If so, how much would that be and what're the health effects? If I should just fuck off and google it, you can tell me to.

every day
4 scoops
make sure you fap into it also

don't listen to this absolute moron
it may appear as if he's right
but the truth is, if you fap into it, it means you fap
which by default makes this a terrible advice.

This, get someone else to jizz in it for you.

it appears most uncles appear to have a high production of sperm in their basement.
Contact your uncle

Yes, it is lean mass. Everything but the actual fat in fat tissue is lean mass. Even water and bone.

Hydration and the amount of protein for maintenance across various tissue types are fairly constant.

Extra protein is just money you don't need to spend. No real physical harm to eating it to excess.

I don't have protein powder, I just eat a lot of it through my normal every day meals, which is focused on protein I guess. Thanks tho

uncle of 7 here, can confirm.

>"do 1.2g"
> I only do 1g
>l"ol bioscience"

Two scoops of whey after heavy lifting. A scoop of casein before bed if you're made of money, love drinking shit, and believe in memes. Non-workout days you should be getting by on diet alone; when in doubt, eat a chicken breast.

You should be getting 1-1.5g/lb of protein per day.

>g=lb
the 1.2-1.7g/kg or .46-.64g/lb is a tested and proven rdi

your liver begs to differ, enjoy your toxins

>This shit is expensive.
It's cheaper than other sources of protein.

>inb4 chicken argument
yeah, add in the costs of gas, cooking it, seasoning, pan/ tinfoil to cook it, gas/electric to cook it, the lack of bcaa's, side dishes, and protein per chicken breast you fucking retard

Fake news

Milk, nigga, 128g/gallon. You think you can't drink 8 16oz glasses in a day?

Seriously, that's one glass of milk every two hours.

Assuming I train in the morning and drink a protein shake about 40 minutes before a workout, is there any point in drinking another shake immediately after? In other words, is metabolic window a meme?

> 1.2 g protein per kg lean mass per day is plenty if you're getting enough kcals.

Why do you DYELs keep parroting the "protein per kg" meme? The gram measurement always changes and the "lean mass" is often times swapped for "bodyweight", but in the end, it all means the same thing: HORSESHIT.

You can NOT offer blanket diet advice like this with so little fucking information. This does not at all correspond with how much protein is required for optimal muscle repair and growth, regardless of how much "lean mass" (retarded phrase btw) someone may possess.

Someone bigger might actually not need as much protein as someone smaller and vice-versa (studies show this). The type of exercises, volume, weight, etc. all come into play as well.

SO SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH YOUR PSEUDOSCIENCE.