Insecure lanklet here. Besides quitting workouts early...

Insecure lanklet here. Besides quitting workouts early, what do betas/nu-males do at the gym and what can I do to avoid whatever they are?
>inb4 nu-males don’t go to the gym

Smith machine
I have a nu-male pal who goes to the gym. He said squats were hurting his back so instead of fixing his form like I told him to he just decided to do "squats" on the smith machine.

Paying for a gym membership to do bodyweight exercises.
Exception: When you're just starting out and are soft as fuck, or are doing it to practice form

pt 2
Beta friend also gets too caught up in the emotional aspect of working out. He doesn't want to do an effective beginner barbell-focused routine because it doesn't "feel like he's getting a good workout", so instead does a retarded PPL with a shitload of accessories even though he has only been lifting for a few months.

>stay away from smith machine
>don't get a lifting buddy unless they push you and are as serious as you
> don't bring your gf or female friends to the gym
>don't do anything but squats or deads in the rack

Don't run a circuit in a busy gym and act like you are using 5 different stations at the same time.

pt 3
Beta friend also never does any research of his own and bases way too much (in fitness and life in general) off the input of others. I swear this guy doesn't know how to google.

sit in the sauna all fucking day

using machines for exercises that can be done with lifting (cables for flys and tris is fine, bench press machine instead of actual bench is not)

being afraid of failing a rep and looking weak so you don't ever try heavier weight and never improve. if you aren't making noise on your last set you're a soyboy

that's about it

>doesn’t feel like he is getting a good workout
How? If it works your muscles out to failure it’s a workout either way. Does he just not want to do it?

>don't get a lifting buddy unless they push you and are as serious as you
Implying I have an infinite supply of lifting buddies to choose from

Have to do OHP in the rack because my gym is shit and has no other bar apart from chest press

>> don't bring your gf or female friends to the gym
What's wrong with this?
On one hand she motivates me to work harder on cardio.
On the other hand I can teach her weights and get her fine as fuck

I don't know man. My guess is that he thinks that more exercises = better workout, also he's too concerned with feeling a "burn"

>not making sounds on your last set
Do you mean like groaning or puffing and grunting? I do the latter.

>"I don't want to get big, I just want to get toned"
THIS IS NOT A VALID REASON TO DO A SHITTY 5-DAY BRO SPLIT
ALSO YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WAKE UP LOOKING LIKE RONNIE COLEMAN FROM TRYING AN EFFECTIVE ROUTINE FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE

I mean like going WOOOOOOOOOOO from the start of the set to the end of it with no breaths in between

Let him do what he wants, nerd.

Yeah I wouldn't care except it effects me because I have to constantly hold his hand through his entire fitness journey

Has anyone said don't wear weight lifting gloves yet

there's guys who warm up with your one rep max using the smith machine

also if you're ohp'ing reasonable weight then cleaning the bar at the start of each set is a waste of energy

also deads can be done in any clear space

I'm with you

Don't ever do squats. Squats are only for nu-male fagboys and women who want big asses to take dick better.

Agreed. Stick to doing leg extensions with your plug in for maximum muscle activation.