/Fast/ #58 Fasting Cannot Cure Autism Edition

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

Why you should consider carnivore:
youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_Bc9hdHa0

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=okLDkcexiVg
youtu.be/7-F88ltkn0s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauerkraut
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolach
academic.oup.com/jcem/article-abstract/48/4/633/2678987
youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_Bc9hdHa0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28864332
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>weight loss is pretty rapid, but know it's a long road ahead
>would be totally happy right now if not for the fact that I know I need gyno surgery at the end of my fasting journey
>potentially 6000 leafs I need to save up
Fuck

>Vai recorded it on the fourth day of a 10-day fast because "I do try to push myself into relatively altered states of consciousness. Because in those states you can come up with things that are unique even for yourself"
youtube.com/watch?v=okLDkcexiVg

This also happens to be his last decent album

This was after breaking a dry fast

youtu.be/7-F88ltkn0s

>go to holiday party
>just finished my fast so excite
>finally get to wear dress i've had for a year but never had something to wear it to
>end up oversleeping like a retard and getting their 17 minute late
>never been to a party like this before so nervous
>ticket person tells me welcome and to find a seat
>can't tell what seat is taken or not
>trying to prevent a panic attack and sit anywhere
>person tells someone else that two people are sitting where im sitting
>get up and another person gives me their seat
>feel horrible for taking their seat instantly
>festivities are happening and MCs told us all to go eat
>keep feeling increasingly bad about the seat
>go straight into the bathroom
>enter into a stall
>stand there panicking for about an hour and a half
>it felt like i had been there for 20 minutes
>got a missed phone call and text, ignored person who called out to me in the stall
>after i exit the stall i take a seat outside the party room and stare at Veeky Forums
>realize how long i was in there for and frozen in my seat
>don't have the heart to walk into the room again to rejoin festivities
>passerbys ask me if i'm okay, why i'm not inside
>all i can muster out is a smile and "yes", "i was in there" "ill stay out here"
>sit out there until party officially ends
>MC comes up to me and asks me if i was alright
>just reassure them i'm fine
>walk home realizing everything I just did
>feels like it only lasted an hour but in reality i was there for almost 4 hours like that
>i didn't even eat the small meal i fasted for
>now im not even hungry
>still in the dress because i'll probably never have another reason to wear it again
I guess I'm doubling down on the depression fasting this week. I am pathetic /fast/

You should get medicated for anxiety if you aren't already.

im on waterfast since last sunday damn the hunger is completely gone i feel like i can continue die 2 weeks

Will my mantits go away after I reach a certain body fat % or will I need surgery? Is there another way?

for*

You will need surgery.

Go for it, but 2 weeks straight may not be necessary. Are you overweight?

im 6.1 and 131lb and surely skinnyfat

Just remember at some point you're going to have to start doing some type of exercise to build muscle and give your body a little definition. Otherwise you'll stay skinnyfat.

>fast for 60 hours
>break fast by massive meal trying the OMAD meme
>7 hours later need to take MASSIVE shit
>for next 24 hours have liquid shits and shit like 10 times

Not worthy of it at all

thanks anonfriend

The trick is not eating massively.
Lots of sites say you should try to meet your recommended macros with your one meal, but that's just too much food in one sitting for some.

How is this possible. I've been OMAD and fasting for so long, my shits are rock solid.

are you also following a keto diet?

How are you planning for Christmas lads?

I have a few engagements that will be filled with good, but fatty as fuck food and alcohol.

I'm putting down the 22nd as a cheat day, fasting till 25th where I'll have another cheat day for family Christmas dinner. Other than that I'm going to try and play it by ear, drink keto safe alcohol and all that.

How are you going to avoid the gain goblins?

I wanted to try it. Never again. Tripfag here said that you cant gain weight eating like that. Didnt weight myself yet.

Should I drink a lot today? I was shitting brown water whole night.

I dont know. What I ate :

>saurkraut soup
>saurkraut goulash
>2x kebab
>banana
>250g of cherry tomatoes
>2x small kolach

No you were right the first time.

No. I eat whatever, but when I break my fast no matter what I eat is a rock solid shit.

English please, I know none of those foods.

>How are you planning for Christmas lads?

Custom here in central europe is to eat breaded fried chicken brest/pork steak with potato salad.

Unironically thinking about telling my family to just grill my meat and ditch potato salad so that I may remain in keto.

>English please, I know none of those foods.

*Sauerkraut sorry

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauerkraut

Rest is english tho

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolach

>breaded fried chicken brest/pork steak with potato salad

Sounds pretty fucking good.

Usually here its just turkey/ham maybe some streak and a shitload of veg and soup. I'm not too worried about Christmas day, and food in general. It's more alcohol that's going to fuck me up. Christmas in this part of Europe is all about having drinks with family/friends. I can't see myself drinking only hard liquor the whole time. Plus I have a little tradition of having pints of Guinness with my dad and grandad on Christmas eve. S'gonna be tuff.

Dude, you handled it good. The fact that you even attended while (apparently) suffering anxiety is pretty huge.
Just like adopting fasting, can't expect it to be comfortable right out of the gates.

You're clinically underweight, you puny little bitch. You only look skinnyfat because you have next to zero muscle mass. You don't need to fast. You need to gain muscle. If you gained 35 pounds of muscle without losing a single ounce of fat, you would look shredded.

>You will need surgery.
Unless you're speaking from experience, that's some shitty advice. Are you Jewish per chance?
Everyone is different. Only one way to find out. Cut that fat and let us know. Take pics before and after, too.

Christmas are not about drinking here but my grandma is half russian so she will want to drink vodka like every year. Also with her being half ruski it means that few weeks after normal Christmas on 24th we will celebrate Russian Christmas too which are about a lot of food and even more drinking will happen

>saurkraut soup
>saurkraut goulash
>2x kebab
And you're surprised you have the shits?

Broke a 72+ hour fast with
>Chorizo Salami (200g), Carrots (600g), Plain water, Chicken sausage, Ham (50g), Coke Zero (330mL)
Am I going to be okay? Or was that too much? Currently 107kg (like, 235 lb or somethign)

Were you the guy posting in the last /fast/ thread?

Look man, as someone who suffered from anxiety, all you can do is keep putting yourself in situations like that. It's going to fucking suck, and you'll have more times like that, but eventually it gets easier. Eventually, if you do it enough, you'll find each time gets a little less terrifying. I found having one or two drinks usually eased it off a little bit, but don't go ham on it, especially if you're not a big drinker.

Look at it like fasting. The first 24/48 hours are fucking terrible, but once you get over the hump it becomes much easier. Anxiety is sorta like that, you gotta put yourself in shitty situations to learn that there's nothing actually bad happening. You gotta make them mental gains too my dude.

>broke up with my gf
>quit doing IF
>bloatmaxxed for two weeks
>gained 10 pounds of fat
Just started day one of OMAD/20-4 IF (OMAD on rest days)
time to move on boys

yes

Get checked, maybe you can go on the dole.

Most of the time the majority of a fat man's mass on the chest is obesity-induced gyno. Only cure for that is surgery.

How did you expect 60 hours of fasting where your digestive system doesn't do shit, followed by a humongous meal to feel like?

You're supposed to break long fasts slowly, probiotics, yogurt, veggies, light shit, to get your system working again like it should, bot dump massive amounts of sugar, carbs and protein on it.

I´m a big fan of kebab and was eating it almost daily and never got shits

Good call, bro.
Remember to smash those weights, too. Get those endorphins crankin'.

You'll be fine.
I'd recommend any veggie other than carrots, but in the grand scheme they're not that bad.

>obesity-induced gyno.
no such a thing

I dont consider 60 hours long fast. I did longer fasts before and felt absolutely fine

Totally random question here, but is kebab safe for keto? By kebab I mean those absolutely dirty bastards from the paki run chip kebab house on the corner.

I've always assumed they have shitloads of filling in it that had carbs.

Look into what happens when you eat too much vitamin C and what food you ate has a fuckton of vitamin C.
I just mentioned kebab because it's such a disgusting, low quality meal that no dignified human being that cares about their body should consume.

Just get one with no extra sauces ya dip, also with no carrots but that's a given

perfectly keto-friendly imo

I dont know how they make kebab in UK or whenever are you from but I tested kebab here made by turks and it didnt kick me out of keto as long as I didnt eat the bread (obviously) and only used a bit of joghurt sauce and not all 3 kinds.

Still you cant go overboard with it because kebab "meat" contains soy and gluten (its horrible mix) and too much of it would kick you from ketosis.

You're talking out your ass, bro.

>no such a thing
You're clinically retarded, seek help.

>I can't afford expensive surgery so I'll just plug my ears to reality and all my problems will go away
Enjoy the bra shopping, cunt.

Post your sources then.

I dont see how obesity makes you grow breast tissue.

Back in college, we didn't have any sort of attendance tracking and weren't penalized for not attending or anything, I'd tell my mom I'm going to college, get in the car, go park in the parking lot, and sit in there listening to music while contemplating what kind of miserable existence I'm leading, probably spent more time in that parking lot that in lectures, didn't have a single friend.

Five years or so later and I still absolutely dread crowded places, malls, weddings, colleges, etc, if I have to go or stay there II feel like a trapped rat, even walking down the street or riding the bus makes me feel anxious and on edge, and coupled with an extremely low self esteem and image, I can't even do what this user
Advised, even though his advice is sound.

I'd say do get medicated for anxiety, if it's ruining your life it's not something to be ignored, and believe my anxiety eats at you, at your willpower, determination and motivation, ti leaves you powerless and exhausted.

Obesity fucks your hormones. Getting your hormones fucked causes gyno.

academic.oup.com/jcem/article-abstract/48/4/633/2678987

Most of the gyno is developed during puberty and has nothing to do with obesity.

>gyno is developed during puberty
A lot of the time, yes.
>has nothing to do with obesity
Gonna need a source on that one.

If my moobs are soft like my belly and don't hurt, is it safe to assume they're fat? Or is it not that simple to test gyno?
Answer is irrelevant to my goals, just need to know if I need to anticipate surgery or not and start saving them shekels for the system.

> I'd tell my mom I'm going to college, get in the car, go park in the parking lot, and sit in there listening to music while contemplating what kind of miserable existence I'm leading, probably spent more time in that parking lot that in lectures, didn't have a single friend.
Me too. I hate being defective.

Its hormonal. You can have soyboy level hormones without being fat. Hormones go wild during puberty and something can go wrong

Only professional can tell but I would say that its fat if they are soft

I like losing 3kg (6.6lb) in 3 days. Can I expect this to happen again if I did another 3 day or longer fast? Or is this a situation of diminishing returns, like most things with the body?

Fat loss is quick as fuck at start because you are losing lot of water and glykogen. If you eat carbs now you will gain some of that weight back and you will lose it again during another 3 day fast

>make claim
>"post source"
>posts source
>make counter claim
>"post source"
>"Naw here's some irrelevant information"
It obviously has to do with hormones, but guess what, obesity has an affect on hormones.
Your claim that gyno can't be caused by obesity (in turn causing hormonal imbalance) is retarded, and you have nothing to back yourself up. Stop making yourself look like an idiot.

Me too user, I just want to be left alone.

Nah but desu i thought i'd be done around 95/90. Looking at myself in the mirror i need to lose another 10-15kg.

You have nothing to back that up

>study from 1979 done on 7 people
wew

Mein Neger

but i need to eat all day to build some mass and im europoor

You part of sauerkraut master race?

>legitimate scientific paper confirming something that's basically common knowledge at this point
>vs.
>absolutely fucking nothing
Read a book, retard.

How's my progress fit? Pretty strict OMAD at about 1500 calories

reminds me of my crypto investment

haha, feel free to use that one :)

Update :

After eating all this I weighted myself today and I lost 1,7kg / 3,7lb. How is it possible? What is this sorcery?

does /fast/ approve of fat burners?

What's that and how is it better than fasting?

I try to fast. I survived one day once with zero calories. I am on second try and I already hit 24 hours. Fasting 2 days is good? I read some meme articules that I should eat at least 1000 calories a day. I know shit about fasting. There is any sticky about it?

EU fat burners are meme that does not work.
US like Black Mamba are good but I would not take them during fast

fasting means not to eat and detox your body but if youre american you sure have no willpower to fast longer than 2 days becuze
>bbbut muh burgers mmmom

You sure know how to motivate. I must survive two days for sake of my europoor people.

Hurt my arm benching yesterday so I guess I'm taking a break from lifting. Makes sense to get back into fasting as well. Been almost two months since I last fasted and I ate a bunch of carbs last night, so today's probably going to be quite hard.

>There is any sticky about it?

Nigga do you not have eyes in which to see the autistic as fuck OP?

A supplement that speeds up your metabolism and gives you energy. I use it for my cardio sessions.

While fasting just so you know

black coffee is better but sure if you want to buy jewish powder its fine too

It's probably cheaper than black coffee; the supplement lasts me like 1-2 months, like less than a dollar each time I use it

>A supplement that speeds up your metabolism and gives you energy.
How much?

>Why you should consider carnivore:
>youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_Bc9hdHa0

More like
>why should you consider cancer and heart disease

But meat doesn't contain carbohydrates.

>started fasting yesterday
>just for shits decided to do a dry fast to start with
>no more than 20 hours in i already feel like i'm literally dying and cave in, gorging myself in water
shit's unreal
how the fuck do people dryfast
also more importantly why do people dryfast anyway. what benefits are there to dryfasting as opposed to regular fasting?

>Read a study that lumps vegetables into the same category as candy
>Decide that carbs cause all them diseases

>Decide that vegetables cause all them diseases

fixed

you get into keto faster

>>Read a study that lumps vegetables into the same category as candy
Source.

silly question but does fasting put you into keto?

yes
consider reading threads before making silly questions, user!

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28864332

I've been laughing my ass off to this recent study that some are now referencing for their carnivore agenda. PURE as you may have heard of it. Vegetables and shit weren't separated from refined carbs. This is like observing NASCAR and concluding that all sports increase mortality -level of autism.

EXPLAIN THIS SORCERY PLS

Looking at this snake juice thing, do I have to make loads of this stuff or just make a little mixture, down that and then just drink water. I can't imagine it tasting good

Im wondering i dont have the time and i dont actually need a proper cut now i just want to lose like 2 kg of fat in the shortest amount of time so i can continue bulking without fat
im at 13-16% bf 83kg
could i just go and fast for a week or would i also lose a lot of muscle
any suggestions?

/fast/ This is probably the last time I'll ask but if anybody is interested in joining a 3 month weight loss competition add me on discord
Bork#9165

Aight will do
You sure? Even if I hit below 5% bf the moobs won't disappear? I'd think so, since well, isn't it just fat but on your chest.

Did snake guy make a video on man tits?

Fasting loses very little muscle compared to other ways of cutting.

I just pop electrolyte pills every few hours. It contains magnesium, potassium, taurine etc. seems decent enough but dunno for sure

I'd join but I'm not really fat so there really isn't much weight for me to lose.

And of course sodium