Cold Showers

I've heard that you're supposed to take cold showers, since they help testosterone production, while hot showers damage testosterone production. but every time i've taken a cold shower i've instinctively drawn back instantly. they always make my breath become short and make me tense and stressed out. How am I supposed to do it? (FLfag btw, super not used to cold temp)

Other urls found in this thread:

thebroscientist.com/bullshit-cold-showers-youve-told-far/
youtu.be/N0aUa9jtUKg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its too cold out and Im too cheap to heat my house up. Id catch hypothermia if I took a cold shower in the winter.

I think cold showers in summer are fine. I tried taking cold showers during winter; big mistake. I would feel cold for the whole rest of the day, but it's like supernatural cold that goes into your bones and doesn't leave.

Test gains are minimal.

If you take a cold shower after exercising it reduces swelling which kills a pump (and a little bit of your gains).

Do whatever you want, it's better to get test from food and supps than actions though.

Remember that one of most primitive birth control methods was tea-bagging his balls in the hottest water he could endure. This kills the testicles.

Hot water dries your skin and fries your swimmers

>get test from food

okay, I get that, but how the fuck am i supposed to tolerate very cold water. like, should I gradually make the water colder?

Just do it pussy. I did it. Count 1 2 3 inhale. 123 exhale.

There are 10 year old Finnish girls who will wake up and jump in freezing lakes every day

are you more of a bitch or no?

This, Canada fag here and I cannot manage to take cold showers anymore, but I used to daily during the summer.

Look at Wim Hof if you haven't by the way. He has answers for your icy inquiries

thanks, boys

Do a round of the
>Wim Hof breathing method
If you've never done this before you will feel tingling in your lungs and possibly arms and legs (you are oxygenating your body and brain).
jump in shower with warm water and wash. At the end change to colder water for about 2 minutes and make sure you're getting covered from head to toe. Your entire body needs to start cooling down in order to tolerate colder temps (armpits, core, legs, back). Change to even colder water for another minute. Do a final 30 seconds at the coldest setting, by now you are breathing heavily (Wim Hof is watching) and will be able to tolerate it. Switch off water and pat dry, do not warm body up with hot water.

It's bullshit. Read this article that links actual scientific studies debunking cold showers.

thebroscientist.com/bullshit-cold-showers-youve-told-far/

I live in Canada and start the day by taking a swim in the outdoor, unheated pool, it's on the verge of freezing. Feels good now, my body warms up as I go about doing things in my underwear. Breathe of fire, nauli kriya, wim hof breathing and some kettlebell swings. Once I'm hot I put on clothes and feel hot all day, even if I wear a tshirt outside in the cold I am hot. I AM A FUCKING FURNACE

Pics?

If you shower in room temperature water then you receive the benefits of both. Ultimate life hack

Wtf is this piece of shit? Looks like something made by bunch of soy boi cucks while their lonely wives were pumped by niggers.

Canada fag here as well. You guys are massive soycunt faggots.

haha thank you bro, I wouldn't have clicked this link without you directing my attention to it.
probably written by some quasi-handicapped ESL neet. He's attempting to capture that casual, in-your-face, conversational voice that you see so many popular blogs using today. Fucking cringy and hilarious, home-boy needs an ice-bath.

How about starting the shower hot and finishing it cold ? What do you think of that OP ?

I do that

Cold showers kill your gains.

I wish this broscience would fucking die.

>ENOUGH

yes, pics please. asking for a friend

Cold showers are only feasible if you live in some sweaty shithole that has a "winter" above -30 degrees.

might as well live in Africa

It seems to make suffering more tolerable, and therefore improve your mood

You know that feeling when you're really cozy in bed and can't stand the thought of getting out, and then you're miserable? Cold showers have the opposite effect.

All the other alleged benefits I'm not sure about

Start warm or lukewarm and slowly edge it down.

BREATHE. Don't let it punch you in the gut.

>Its too cold out and Im too cheap to heat my house up

Same here, i still take cold showers, just bite the bullet faggot, i walk out of the shower in my cold bathroom into my cold hallway into my barely heated room and i feel no cold.

Just blast it, unless you are fat or have heart issues i don' want your lardass on my conscience, do it every day, no matter how much you don't want to, and increase the duration, after a while in the shower it gets easier and then you start to enjoy it.

And read this

>BREATHE. Don't let it punch you in the gut.

No let it

Reread the infographic you posted. There’s duplicate of benefits on both sides, as well as repetition on the warm side.

This chart was made by an idiot who has no clue. The whole concept is a meme.

Does it get to -30 inside your house? If not then it's just an excuse. You should be able to take 0C water

>chart was made by an idiot who has no clue
therefore
>whole concept is a meme
kys

>therefore
He never said that.

And yet he's linking studies to back up his claims.

you've probably never experienced -30 southern faggot

>shit on shitty infographic
>make claim that whole concept is a meme
>no supporting arguments as to why
>therefore

you fags are pussies

>be me, two years ago
>learn about cold showers
>literally next morning
>wake up at 6am for my 8am lecture
>play this:
>youtu.be/N0aUa9jtUKg
>get in the fucking shower and close the door
>open cold water on full blast

That was it, all I needed was a fucking Disney song. I've been doing it non-stop for more than two years, sometimes twice a day. I think this will be my third winter.

[citation needed]

You people will believe anything.

I too am from Cuckland. I take cold showers all year long. But you don't have to make it freezing cold. the shower in my basement is enough to give you hypothermia.

Also, hot showers release a fuckload of vaporized chlorine for you to breathe in, something no one's mentioned yet.

stop being a pussy

only jews get rekt by chlorine :^)

>Cold showers confirmed for not fully cleaning you

this

unless I have it hot, it feels like oils and grime doesn't come off, just gets move around

try wash oily dishes in cold water - it's the same principle

Those girls are also born and raised doing that, that doesn't prove anything retard.

Hot wash cold rinse master race

they're also genetically adapted for it, just like Arabs are adapted for extreme heat and dryness

There is not a single repetitive benefit on that list, unless you think relieving tension is the same as alleviating depression and anxiety. You are wrong.

Canada fag here too. It's fucking cold out there eh boys?

just had a cold shower lads, feels good

Been loving cold showers for a long time then I found out your balls produce less test if you do them. But whatever, I got much better skin and hair, dont feel chilly outside even if underclothed and dont get ill at all. Plus if youre sleepy as fuck in the morning and take an ice cold shower you get such a boost you could run 3 marathons in a row.
Shame about the test tho.

Exactly, the best example I can give to prove this guys point is that during the summer i sleep with the temperature at 19 C and I need a fan on or I cant sleep well. However In winter when Its 19 In my room I sleep with layers of blankets ontop of me wearing a hoodie socks and sweatpants. It might be psychological but I woudnt be suprised, the winter here in Canada is pretty intense.

I start off with hot and finish with a minute of cold.
Both feel good and are relaxing at different points, plus my bald dome doesn't feel dry after like it does with only hot.

>taking cold showers instead of swimming in a frozen lake
>never gonna make it

It's barely even winter, buddy.
Sounds like someone's been sitting under the heat lamps in the stands too often.

Cold showers have been shown to reduce inflammation in muscle tissue to an extent that it hinders muscle growth.
You fags can claim all kinds of supernatural test boosts and "mental gains" but I'll stick to making gains.

>tfw the freezing water hits your chest and you become aware of your whole body stopping everything to focus on the cold

Whats the consensus here?been taking ice cold showers for a month now and now i reas this thread.should i wash with hot then cold after that or just at room temp?

What supplements would you recommend?