Martial Arts General

How do I obtain flexibility and balance needed for kicks in Taekwondo?

I've looked into isometric training and it seems like a step in the right direction, but I'm not entirely sure what it is. Are there different variations of isometric training for flexibility or strength or is it just one thing that is supposed to help increase both? Any suggestions on a routine?

Tl;dr Want to become more fluid and strong with my kicks in taekwondo and better my balance so I don't fall. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8HEWa9qudHc
sports.yahoo.com/quitting-boxing-dance-made-vasyl-lomachenko-better-fighter-195049319.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

daily leg flexibility+mobility routine and practice more kicks?

Stretching and balance practice.

There is no glory in practice but there is no glory without it

do a ballet class alongside the martial art. I only do the ballet as i'm not fussed about martial arts. Its insane for balance and grace

>martial arts
>taekwondo
Go boxing/muay-thai/kickboxing/Judo/Sambo/Greco-Roman or freestyle Wrestling or you might as well take up ballet classes.

Aren't calisthenics better for you as opposed to weight lifting when it comes to martial arts?

Seriously,

You can try doing a little static and dynamic stretching, yin yoga will all help a bit.

But if you wanna get better at any physical skill, the best way is just to practice it more.

Kick the air, kick a bag and just keep trying to inch you way up a little higher each week.

What's wrong with ballet?

>weight lifting
Depends on the weight lifting. I used to do this shit back when I trained karate and surprisingly it works pretty well: puts your arms, shoulders and back through a fucking torture.
youtube.com/watch?v=8HEWa9qudHc

For starters, it's not going to teach you how to fight.

Generally, yes.
It doesn't matter if you don't compete, aside from extra weight.
What you need for combat sports is insane conditioning and explosive power.
Heavy lifting doesn't help you at all with that.

Actually, it is great for footwork.

sports.yahoo.com/quitting-boxing-dance-made-vasyl-lomachenko-better-fighter-195049319.html

If you just want to survive combat situations, get a gun. Otherwise do something you enjoy, like doing three spins before kicking a target above your head. It isn't practical, but it's more fun.

>TKD
>not useful

He doesn't even do TKD. He is a kick boxer...He also did Kenpo.

What kind of stretches and how do I practice balance? I'm assuming mostly hamstring and hips.

Just do more Taekwondo nigga, practice kicks at home, do the ones you have trouble with and strech, idk those are my two cents

Either:
>Buy "Relax into Stretching"
>Join a Taekwondo Gym/Class and do the stretches as taught by the P.T.

Do both

How much of a routine should he calisthenics and weight lifting? I feel like just incoporating the 4 big lifts

Do a basic flexibility routine, daily. This one takes

>How do I get better at TaevKwon Do?
Do Tae Kwon Do dumb ass

You can't get better without working on the smaller details

Is it possible to train reaction time?

Let flies into your house and then kill them with your hands.
You get lightning reflexes and the good feeling of punching a fly out of the air

>not doing 5x3 fly punches

not gonna make it son

>Been sick since January 1st
>Look at my BJJ professor's facebook
>See all my friends in competition classes, no gi classes, and some silly stuff too

JUST LET ME BACK ON THE MATS JUST LET ME BACK ON THE MATS JUST LET ME BACK ON THE MATS JUST LET ME BACK ON THE MATS

there should be a lot of apps or stuff to make sounds in random times which you can use to trigger a set of whatever

>tfw no no gi BJJ friends to do silly stuff on the mats with.

Why not, friendo? Are you not signed up? Are you only doing gi? Is there no place around?

you can always use dogs user

Any of you fags doing judo right now?
What're your favorite throws? How are you training? Liftan?
Currently getting ready for inter collegiate tournament and tryna cut to 178lbs. Working on some combinations and footwork rn. Need help on creating openings. Whenever I randori I can never really get a clean throw in, I just attempt a throw but it never works. My coach tells me to move around more to off balance my opponent but I don't know how to "move" around. Can any user help me with this? Much appreciated.

i do kyokushin. practicing my kihon and kata really slowly and deliberately helps a lot. and just practicing more. also yoga

too poor

I do grappling/catch wrestling.
It's awesome but haven't lifted in 1.5 mo ths now lol

Ahh RIP.

Try talking to the professors/coaches to see if there any any chores you could do in exchange for tuition.