Better recovery

How the fuck do I let my body recover enough and get to train as much as I want?

I do kickboxing twice a week, HEMA 3 times a week and for several months now I've been lifting occasionally. So far it's been working out for me fine, but I decided to start Reg Park's beginner routine and try to lift at least 3 times a week, however a month into it and it seems my right shoulder is not handling it very well. I'm not sure if it's because I overexerted myself on the mil press last week, or it's from the last few sparring sessions in my HEMA club, or most likely both, but I feel like my arm is gonna fall off.
Question is how do I make my rest count? Are there any supplements that can help? I drink BCAA when I lift and slam a protein shake as soon as I get home, but that's about it. I smoke weed nightly and drink a beer or two in addition to smoking 5-7 cigs daily. Could any of my "bad" habits be getting in my way?

Other urls found in this thread:

ambition-athletics.com/tony-cliffe-interview
youtube.com/watch?v=L_rrD-gtguE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I lift 7 days a week - 2 hours daily, sometimes more if I'm bored or do a two a day and smoke dabs every night

Try an active rest week? That helped me a lot when I stopped taking rest days, but I had to power through some aches and pains along the way

Italian or German HEMA?

I'm assuming you mean Italian or German longsword? I personally don't see the need for a distinction, seeing how it all stems from the Liechtenauer tradition. That being said, I'm more of a sword and buckler type myself.

Not sure what you mean by "active" rest, but I'm definitely not gonna work out the next few days, so my shoulder can rest.

Spotted the jobless failure

Not necessarily. All my training amounts to 13 hours a week and I work a full time job.

I've had my 9-5 for the last 3 years since I got out of school.

>Wake up at 4:30
>@gym by 5:30-6:00
>Lift until 8:00
>At the office by 8:30

Helps that my gym is on the way to work and a 10 minute drive from my house

By active rest I effectively mean a light week of high rep work and cardio. I also throw agility training and yoga just to have more things to do.

Not sure about smoking cigs but that consumption fucks with your deep sleep, which is when you're getting the most tissue repair done

Train less, what a stupid fucking question.
>reg park's beginner routine
Just train a bodypart once a week, there is no reason to lift multiple times a week if you're physically active outside the gym and that's the truth. Maybe if you're on roids you can recover fast enough to handle all that fucking training, but if you're natty you gotta optimize the time you spend at the gym, train a bodypart hard once a week, and adjust gym sessions with your HEMA training.

Stop drinking alcohol.

I'm lifting for strength, not aesthetics, isn't it counter intuitive to isolate like that?

You don't have to do isolations if you don't want to.

Here's a good training template from britain's strongest powerlifter in the ipf, he made the majority of his gains training like this.
ambition-athletics.com/tony-cliffe-interview

Here's a good example of a simple routine
Monday:Squat(alternating each week)
Bench
OHP
Tricep or shoulder work

Thursday:Deadlift
Pullups/rows
bicep work if you want to

Set/rep scheme doesn't matter much, just aim for progression over time.
youtube.com/watch?v=L_rrD-gtguE

DAT PROJECTING DOE

sounds like you may have inflamed muscle in your shoulder. take ibuprophene and do as little as possibble with it.

Bruh, that IS the Reg Park 5x5 routine. This is what I have been doing lol

The only bad habit you HEMA people have is not using full armour. Join de HMB side bro.
But really, our regime is great man. Just quit smoking. That will have a bigger effect than anything else, specially for you cardio.

More stretching and warming down after a workout or heavy activity. I got to the point I could not tire my body out unless training till failure every day

Eat a lot.
Sleep a lot.
Massages or hot tubs.
Steroids.

Are you fat as shit? If so lose weight and you'll have more energy. That's really not a lot of stuff.

If it helps at all, when I used to fight I would go to Cryotherapy Recovery every Saturday. They have one or a similar place in just about every major town.

But let me again reiterate - unless you left stuff out I can't see the need for any special recovery methods.

R O I D S

If you are a beginner do westside for skinny bastards part 3. If you are intermediate do garagebro conjugate.

Do always the max effort days and rotate the dynamic days for more regeneration.

>Smoking 5-7 cigs daily
>Smoke weed nightly
>Drinks beer daily

Whole post is bait

>seeing how it all stems from the Liechtenauer tradition.

Think I'll pass on that. Rather use a weapon effectively, instead of bashing someone in full harness with the edge.

>Are you fat as shit?
Actually I'm a little skinny for my height. Precisely why I started lifting in the first place. I'll look into cryotherapy, I've always wanted to try it.

Good call, I got some anti-inflamatory gel last night and put some on a couple of times, also had my girl give me a rubdown and it seems to help.

Is this some Veeky Forums meme? I don't hang out here much.

Fuck off, George, we both know there is practically no difference between what people call German and Italian longsword.

EAT MORE
A
T

M
O
R
E

Also, strength training for athletes favour a lower volume approach. Switch instead to 6 short (

Vegan diet.
No smoking or drinking alcohol.
You'll be recovered within 2 hours.

>projecting this hard

too much.
you can't do 5x lifting heavy, 2x kickboxing and 2x swordmanwierd shit a week. it's simply too much ,and you won't be good at any of it