How heavy can you go before deadlift starts fucking up your back?

How heavy can you go before deadlift starts fucking up your back?

Depends on individual leverages and spinal structure.

>individual leverages
as in height? since more height = bigger leverage = bigger chance of injury
>spinal structure
elaborate

fuck darwin but it's hard to say that he was wrong on natural selection

Any weight can fuck up you’re back; it has more to do with technique and stabilizer muscles.

Progress slowly with perfect technique and no belt, and your back muscles will have time to strengthen. Stronger lower back muscles make proper technique easier. It’s why a lot of new lifters complain about tweaking their back around 200lbs; even though that’s nothing, and even if they know good form, they don’t have the muscles to hold it throughout the lift.

No more than 100% of your 1rm.

Seriously what kind of question is this? If you're stronger you can deadlift more weight safely.

>and no belt
"no"
rest was correct tho. you can lift 700+lb safely as long as you have good tech and good programming

176,6kg exactly (at fullmoon)
I always love these questions

No belt is kind of wrong advice. There's arguments that it doesn't train the stabilizer muscles as much but that's a good thing as it means the spine is supported more. All a belt does is more abdominal pressure so more support, which in turn let's you lift heavier, so any I'll effect on training intensity is evened out.
It's definitely safer to lift heavy weights with a belt, as long as you progress slowly and with good form just as you would without one.
Cat backing it and yanking way too heavy weights up is what sends people to snap city

why does belt even do?

what*

Bout tree fiddy

belts give your abs something to push against which means they are used more, not less like some dyel fags thing

does it mean by biceps are used more if I wear a strap around them?

no because biceps contract to cause the elbow joint angle to change. youre abs are just there to be as tense as possible to stabilise the spine

Every time I pulled my back was at lower weights (sub 3pl8), now I rep 4pl8 with no problem.
Just focus on good technique and don't ego lift.

no because the anatomy of the biceps and the abdominal wall is different ; the biceps pulls on the elbow joint like a crane, while the abdominal wall contracts around itself and creates intra abdominal pressure

I actually had a lot of mild persistent back pain before I began deadlifting. Now I'm up to 5.5pl8 and I rarely experience pain in my back and when I do it's because I did something dumb outside of the gym.

Yes i've had the same experience. I feel like the higher my deadlift goes the more secure i feel doing it

This is only half right.

It has nothing to do with your abs hut introabdominal pressure; you take a deep breath and 'force' you diaphragm to push against your stomach, this is what braces you. The belt allows you to maintain a greater introabdominal pressure.

it depends on how your body grew through genetics and environment. a fucking fridge like eddie hall is going to be able to deadlift more weight more safely at his genetic limit than a thin sprinter type who isn't as dense.

no youre misinformed. its a common mistake to think breathing = bracing but it doesnt. just breathing in and pushing your diaphram against the belt is only part of bracing. this is where alot of people thinking belts are bad comes from, because they think you just breath into it and then they get injured

I can pull 200kg 1rm but managed to tweak my back after I hurt it a little the day before while squating, the next day I was making my way to my working sets, pulled 160 a bit awkwardly because I was stiff from the day before.
couldn't put socks on for 4 days, you can fuck your back with any weight and any % of your 1rm, remember to stretch and with the golden 5 if you don't feel 100% take it slow and light. Better off having 1 bad day than fucking up your whole week

Post body

As , belts help brace your abdominals/core, helping provide stabilization for compound lifts, but I've found they tend to be not as important for a pulling exercise like the deadlift.

I believe they more important on a pulling exercise like Diddies simply because the core is utilized more on them than say a squat or an OHP.

My back hurts just looking at this

>diddlys with strict form hurt like all hell when i finish. feel like spine is compressed to half its length.
wat do?

Lower your weight and fix your form

maybe you try to lower them slowly? it's harder to maintain perfect form when lowering the weight