Tfw can't do any chest exercises because it hurts my left shoulder too much

>tfw can't do any chest exercises because it hurts my left shoulder too much

is chest even necessary for a good physique? 99% of the time I'm in clothes in public anyway so isn't big arms shoulders and back all you need to look swole?

Big chests look stupid, who wants man boobs?

>traps
>arms especially forearms .
>back
>shoulders

Is what you need to look like a beast

First of all, there's a guy fapping around on the roider threads posting his body, he's obviously been neglecting his chest since he started injecting, and it looks absolutely disgusting.
I'm not joking, if you have delts, arms, traps and no chest

no just no, it pisses me off just thinking about it, please just find a way to push through it.

I know what you're experiencing, my left shoulder is almost always in some kind of fucked up pain too.
My entire bone-structure in my left upper arm is affecting my shoulder, because of a fracture and it healed in a scewered position+angle, which is causing my shoulder to pop out of the socket all the fucking time. and front and back delt keep being over-strained.

Personally, icing the shoulder+ cupping therapy and massaging it has given me effective pain relief and alright recovery, 3ish days of pain maximum.
I always just make sure to give my shoulder two days complete rest if i'm experiencing pain.
Which yes, happens almost frequently
But neglecting it will ultimately give you an unbalanced physique thus causing more injury.

This might be bro science, but it may also not be.
Imagine all your muscles are really strong, and you one day do a heavy compound lift that's hitting one of your really underdeveloped muscles as well.

What do you think will happen?

My advice is to localize the pain
>For me it's always the front and back delt whenever i get fuccd.

Then give that muscle some extra care, meaning you should be aware of it when doing heavy exercise, and make sure you don't fuck it over.
You also need to show it some extra love to strengthen it, give it some extra pumps.
Warm up with gentle stretching, finish your workout with stretching
Massage your shoulder if/when it feels sore.

>Big chests look stupid
So does bitch tits.

How exactly does it hurt your shoulder? Does it burn or pop/click in a painful way?

Shoulder clicks and hurts if I put pressure on it, like doing a pushup

cope

Did you barbell bench or do lots of push-ups for a while and then it started to hurt so you stopped?

I can hardly move my left arm around without a sharp pain

I don't know if you're or another user, but going off of only this post and it sounds like you have a wicked shoulder impingement. Limited ROM and not being able to do pushing exercises are classic symptoms. When did they problem start?

It started few weeks ago, I work a labor job that requires me to lift 120lb steel barrels all day long overhead dumping them, I don't lift the drums myself there is a guy in each side and we lift them up overhead and dump them so it's like 60lbs each lift but 3-400 times a day

Could be tendinitis caused by overuse. Even if there's another guy sharing the load, hundreds of times a day is still a lot. Moving your arm in general causes pain, not just moving in a particular plane?

Should add I don't lift from the same side every time we switch it up all the time

Mostly when I do an overhead pressing motion, about 3/4 of the way up it will start to hurt

It hurting 3/4 of the way up definitely sounds like an impingement. I'd recommend icing your shoulder for 15 minutes or so as soon as your can after work and ideally 3 times a day. Immediately stop other pushing exercises if you're still trying to do them, and start doing external rotations. If you don't have access to bands, or you do but it hurts too much, you can use just your arm or a can of soup or something for now. Pic related. Just go for 3x10 a couple times a day.

Thanks for the tips brah I'll do that exercise now

If you can do those without any pain from the start or little to no pain with just some sorenes, you can incorporate the exercise that I labeled number 2, doing 1 and 2 twice a day for 3x10 each. If you're able to do exercises 1 and 2 without pain and little soreness, after a few days add in exercise 3 and so on. Disregard the reps on the paper. Stick with 3x10. If what you have is an impingement, these will clear it up.

I had an impingement/frozen shoulder on my right shoulder that was so bad that I couldn't raise it more than 3/4 of the way like you, I also couldn't sleep on my right side for over 2 years. Adding in lots of external rotation to strength the rotator cuff muscles is what finally cleared it up.

Thanks man it's been driving me crazy since before Christmas

>tfw working out is the only enjoyment i get in life
>tfw been watching t.v. in my spare time for weeks because shoulders fucked
>tfw can't afford to do anything other than workout

Iktf bro I haven't been able to lift since last february because my shoulder is also messed up

>tfw lost all gains I worked hard for
>tfw can't even do a pushup without excruciating shoulder pain

It sure sucks having shitty genetics

you cant even do pec dec?

also make sure you do rotator cuff exercises and face pulls, it helped my shoulder issues from benching tremendously

Pec dec hurts really bad and so does doing cable machine face pulls

have you tried changing grip? a neutral or underhand grip can drastically change how your shoulder feels. also make sure you're not flaring your elbows.