I'm a beginner, 178cm and 75kg. Is this routine any good?

I'm a beginner, 178cm and 75kg. Is this routine any good?

scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LexadIDLeqk&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I'm a beginner
>intermediate workout plan

Try a BEGINNER routine. It's gonna be more optimal.

Just do push pull legs with low volume and then as you get fitter add volume

I looked up the beginner plan and it's only the most basic of the basic stuff. I play soccer in my freetime so I think I can already go with the intermediate plan.
I need like 70 minutes for lifting. After that I do 20 minutes cardio. I do it like in the description. Day1 Chest, Day2 Back and Day3 Legs (biceps triceps etc. Is also included during these 3 days? Day 4 is cardio only and then I start with Day 1 again. Is this okay? I try to take 70g of protein every day

its actually not that bad
id say go for it and follow it exactly

>>What do you mean by not that bad? Is there any possibility to make it better? With this plan I'm everyday in the gym. It's a split and I do cardio everyday.

Sorry I forgot to quote you

Try to get at least 3000 calories, you are pretty light for your height.

I think this is exactly what this routine does??

Hmm I'm pretty weak if I look at what I can lift so there is some fat. I read that I would be better off to burn the fat before building up the muscles. Is this wrong? I can take more calories without a problem

im saying your a beginner and u should not worry too much about stuff
this routine is one of the better beginner ones and u should get started,
this routine will provide very little differences to the other ones so dont worry

Okay great. Do you know if I should aim directly for muscle grow (it's my end target) or should I burn the belly I have first?

you are gonna progress at a very slowly rate if you start by cutting while lifting.

I would just bulk up and then cut later. Just dont be retarded and get fat.

I dont have a picture of your body, but I would bulk up to like 85+ kg over the next year

What if you are already obese but want to lose weight while lifting?

Doing the main 5 atm: squat, barbell row, bench press, deadlift, overhead press

>obese
lose weight fatty

but if you are op @ 178 cm, 75 kg your bmi is normal, so you are not fat

hell, I was 183 cm, 86 kg when i started, I had a somewhat visible six pack, and i still bulked

and to clarify, if you are obese, you should be lifting AND be losing weight

Hmm yeah my BMI is in the normal range but to be honest, I've never seen my sixpack in my life lol

I think if I follow the program and take 3k calories I shouldn't get fat? Should I look out for something specific?

Not OP, 184cm, 124kg.

I've already been eating 1800 calories for the past few months and have recently reduced it to 1500 calories this month but haven't seen any weight loss.

I have diagnosed Hypothyroidism and seeing an endocrinologist next week to talk about how to help me.

idk really just depends on how u feel about your body
youtube.com/watch?v=LexadIDLeqk&t
that might help u whether to eat up or slim down

You will gain some fat, but that is unavoidable.

I calculated your TDEE and it came out to 2700, so you are bulking with a surplus of 300 calories and usually you bulk with a surplus of 500 calories.

If you are gaining weight too fast, you should jump down 100-200 calories, and vice versa if you are gaining weight too slow.

>muh thyroid
Are you 100% sure you are eating 1500-1800 calories?

You should be losing weight on even 2000 calories.

I dont know for how long you have been fat but dont cut too fast, unless you feel like getting surgery for your skin.

Thank you, I will try this out :)

Also, you should give it some time, like AT LEAST a week or two before considering to increase/decrease the calories.

>muh thyroid user here
100% user, got a food scale and measuring jug for liquids, eat the same stuff everyday which is meatball stew with red onion, spinach, garlic, tomato, yellow and green peppers (638 calories) with 3x bowl of shredded wheat + milk (621 calories) in fact looking at this now I'm eating less than before since I switch to OMAD at the beginning of the month(before I spread it out thus had more food to meet 1800/1500 calories).

Been increasingly getting fat since 16 years old so 8 years I've been fat.

I'm at a loss user, I don't eat take-aways, I stick to the same meals everyday, drink only water and pepsi max and I'm just not shifting.

>3x bowl of shredded wheat + milk (621 calories)

according to google 100g of shredded wheat is 337 calories, so if 3x bowls = 621 calories. You are either bad at math or you have very small bowls.

now im not a doctor or anything, but there is a possibility that you have some sort of condition that fucks your metabolism hard, it is very unlikely however. You are better off consulting a doctor than asking an anonymouse indian book club board though

My calculations are based on 40g + 125ml of semi-skimmed milk that I weigh and measure into the bowl everytime which for each one is 207 x 3 that gives the 621 calories I said.

That's a possibility, according to what I have read online 70% of calories used are by your metabolism with 20% being exercise and 10% just daily moving. The Endocrinologist should be able to help with my problem luckily I only need to wait a few days to see him now so fingers crossed I guess.