Beards

How do you guys grow legit fucking beards? I've just got this weird patchy shit that only grows under my chin. Any hope of reaching viking level beardness?

Genetics. Great beard genetics are usually a trade for the hair on your head.
> I've just got this weird patchy shit that only grows under my chin. Any hope of reaching viking level beardness
Never going to happen, and if thats all you really is some pubes under your chin, shave it, it looks horrible.

wait untill you're older. I couldn't grow a proper beard untill i was 23. My advice is to shave it if you can't grow it properly or you'll look really bad even though you think it's badass

I don't know why you'd want a beard anyway. Stubble is acceptable but a full beard just makes your chin and jaw completely round. Beards 1000% make you look fatter. Fat guys with beards are using it as a cope. Thin guys with beards are using it like a distraction. You don't need a beard until you're middle aged at least.

fuark

>tfw 24 and can't even grow proper stubble

Good way for jawlets to compensate if they can grow it. Personally got average jaw but full beard since 17 so got that one going for me.

28 and still can't grow a beard. My dad has good beard genetics, but I guess it skipped a generation.

>implying i don't just have a beard cause i want one

when will betas learn

are you more like your dad or your mum (i.e. men on your mums side)?

>He doesn't have good genetics.
Not going to make it.
Jesus mode is how you make beards great again.

lift heavy

You look like a fag I'd wanna punch in his hippy face

should take a look into the minoxidil beard community

you're not punching anyone kid

I just always wanted a gandalf beard as an old man, it's the only thing about aging I'm really looking forward to hardcore.

His eyes are too pretty to have a beard that looks like that. It just doesn't fit.

>viking level beardness

I love my beard and everything, but beard culture is pathetic and cringey. Its just hair.

It is largely genetic. You won’t have to look far back into your family to find a man who has the same growth pattern as you (usually your father or grandfather). If you are under the age of 20, then I would say their is still hope for you to grow a full beard. If, however, you have limited cheek growth at the age of 18 or above, you will never have a Viking beard. It’s just not in the cards for you genetically. The guy in your post was almost assuredly exhibiting cheek growth by the age of 16.

As the other user said, though, beard growth is commonly a trade off to head hair retention. Your testosterone’s conversion to DHT encourages growth on the face, but contributes to balding. In actuality, you should consider yourself lucky to be on the opposite end.

its all genetics dude
helps if you have high levels of natural test
i can go clean shaved to full beard in 4-5 months. I went to a barber who specializes in beards and he was shocked how fast i can grow it.

I'm in the middle. Hair's thinning but beard is nowhere close to being dense.

>full beard in 4-5 months
>fast

>tfw balding but also have shit, patchy facial hair
my options are suicide or egg head

>6 weeks into minoxidil to fix patchiness
>hair growing half an inch from my eyes
Guess I'll become a sasquatch

Since you need to continuously apply minoxidil to keep the extra hair you grow wouldn't it become increasingly difficult to apply it to the skin on your face as your beard increases in length and density? It's not really like the top of your head where gravity is pulling it down to the right spot anyway. Or am I overthinking this.

You just trim it with an electric shaver.

What if you want a long beard though, which is presumably the point of taking the mino in the first place

Minoxidil is for thin or patchy hair, not short hair.

Don't know what you mean. My nails and hair have always grown fast, and so does my beard. Don't think it has anything to do with test.

I'm 21 and my dad and grand-dad both had nice beards. Is it too late for me?

Yes it is. Your dad probably also got cucked.

you look 16

Go lift some weights and get some testosterone moving through you. You look like you started puberty a week ago

i beard on a nu-male is just exactly that, but a good beard on an attractive man is well..chad tier.
not some bum looking shit like OP's pic but a short less than 6 week style

im shocked at how cringy you are

I used to think I had an awful beard, but once I didn't come out for 2 weeks, so I didn't need to shave it. And it actually was pretty decent. I reckon with a month I'll be able to grow a decent enough one. I doubt I'll be able to grow the one in your pic, but I always only wanted a Van Dyke or a Pencil-Stache anyway.

t.20 YO

Anyone have the link to that guy's Instagram or whatever that is? I feel like indulging in some Top-Tier Autism Cringe.

im not talking full coverage. im talking full length beard. similar to OP's pic. If you can grow a beard like that one in less then 4 months then your a liar

I have autism

it doesn't im just shit posting

I haven't used a razor in 6 years. That's how I grow a beard.

>be Asian and can grow somewhat decent facial
>a good third of it is blonde and ginger

fucking mongolians preventing me from having a beautiful black beard

I have the exact same patchy beard as my dad. Does that also indicate the same balding pattern?

why do Veeky Forumsizens always ignore god-tier digits.
Is this even a board of Veeky Forums anymore??

I lift now for 3 weeks and don't want to stop. I have a chronical inflammation in my intestine so I have the theory that it fucks up my testosterone levels (I have more cortisol than normal people). I'll het my levels checked in the next few days

If your hormones are fucked hopefully the docs can get you on some prescribed juice.

If not keep lifting and eating well. You can do a lot for your test levels just by living right.

Dude. I had a friend who was Sikh. Could grow a full beard in like 2 weeks when he was 19. Had to shave twice a day when clean cut. 4-5 months is like Leonardo DiCaprio face by comparison.

This.