What the fuck are they doing?

Everyone wanted updates right after the last one. It's been over a month and nothing happened. Here is a breakdown of what was expected and the progress:

>Since the token sale, we’ve been focused on the critical next steps for making the ChainLink Network a success by actively hiring for our technical team
As far as we know, they have hired nobody and no progress has been made on that

>building the ChainLink Network as described in our whitepaper, and preparing to make the SIBOS conference as successful as possible.
SIBOS passed and was successfull, no news from the network other than implementing it in GO instead of Ruby now

>I’m glad to say that the large amount of interest in our presentation at SIBOS has shown our efforts to be a success so far, with the presentation being attended to full capacity until it reached standing room only.
Means nothing

>Our initial implementation with SWIFT focused on the ability to input critical financial data into a smart contract security, the usage of shared standards like ISO20022 to make smart contracts more understandeable, and the ability for a smart contract to send payments to any of the 11,000+ banks that rely on SWIFT payment messages.
Greast news, explains what the swift.smartcontract.com was. However, everyone thought the working product was ChainLink not a PoC. Everyone is realizing now the product is not even anywhere close to done.

1/2

Other urls found in this thread:

gitter.im/smartcontractkit-chainlink/Lobby
github.com/smartcontractkit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>After working closely with SWIFT and multiple financial institutions on smart contract securities, we do believe that a smart contract’s ability to make payments in an end-user’s preferred format (bank account payments), is an important feature for their ability to become the preferred form of digital agreement. Since the larger financial industry seems to be in clear agreement with us on a smart contract securities need for key inputs/outputs, the initial implementation presented at SIBOS is something we are currently in conversations about turning into a larger implementation for both SWIFT, and multiple large institutions.
No updates on this, what are they doing, how are the talks going on? Are they expecting the mainnet launch. Again, left in the dark.

>We do very much appreciate the community’s patience and support as we do our best to implement the critical next steps for the ChainLink Network’s success.
Clearly not since everyone has been complaining, and none of it has been addressed

>To briefly provide clarity on what we’ve been working on other than SWIFT/SIBOS; we are actively hiring for technical roles, have been building the ChainLink Network as described in our white paper,
No devs hired. If the technical manager is considered their role then fuck me sideways.

>are working to get the first key end-users of the ChainLink Network in place
How's that going? again no updates on this, great.

>and are also in the process of making a plan for keeping the community better updated as we grow the team to handle the large increase of inbound interest from the traditional banking, fintech, web development and crypto communities.
No effort has been made to keep the community better updates.

Good Luck everyone, this is an L for me. Pic related, website wasn't even touched since token sale.

2/2

>rent free

Shit is happening. You’re just not seeing it because you want a skateboard with stickers:

gitter.im/smartcontractkit-chainlink/Lobby

Shit is not happening, I've been on this since it came out.

Pic from me, no news since AUGUST

Pic from me, two person TOTAL TEAM

I'm so sorry for anyone who put money into this

Should've listened to people earlier.

Pic from me, no new tweets since beginning of month.

Yeah this guy has it right.

Link = Confido 2.0, run while you can

fuck i think this just broke the delusion. i guess i just didn't want to take the 50% loss but if it isnt going anywhere than fuck i have to move on

Shit is not happening. The one fucking dev they have is still trying to figure out the features in version 1. It is a joke. The overvaluation of ICOs is going to be a major laughing point 5 years from now.

Yep, came to this conclusion this morning.

yea it sucks losing half of your 20$ investment. hang in there

And how the fuck did he come into that conclusion? If you read the conversation between Steve and the devs you could easily see that they are already running in the testnet.

github.com/smartcontractkit

They're postulating on features in version 1 of testnet != close to launching fucking test net.

Sergey is eating Big Macs and playing the bonga on some big booty bitches buns while Rory strokes his pencil dick in the corner. He’s not looking at his screen and is typing with one hand, hence all the typos in his news that they have to rework the whole project into another language. Steve is frantically trying to learn GO to salvage the project but he is alone and is smoking pot to cope with the stress.

uh, guys?

He certainly thinks he matters more than he actually does. I wonder what information he actually offers.

I'll worry when the top link holders start dumping. People on biz need to be patient eth didn't moon over night and I was on that ride, now I hold link and eth.

Been taken down a few weeks earlier, nobody said jack shit.

Link is the ultimate Joosting

I just went all in, good luck guys. We will either be very rich, or very poor. This is a 50/50 I will gamble with.

isnt SWIFT the biggest selling point of link? whats going on?

lol i wish. bonus retardation in the trades

Not confirmed. For all we know they could just be involved with the PoC and that's it.

No wonder you're impatient kek. You're pleb as fuck. My fucking laptop alone costs more than your LINK holdings lmao.

You arrogant twat.

$1900 may mean nothing to you, but to him that could be a big chunk of his portfolio.

I hope LINK crash and burn asap, and drag you with it. That shitcoin is doomed anyway.

Last went before those two is from September topkek.

GIVE US MORE UPDATES GIVE US MORE UPDATES GIVE US MORE UPDATES GIVE US MORE UPDATES GIVE US MORE UPDATES

Your mom costs more than my dick that's for sure

I don't think weekly updates are needed or anything. Pulling an OMG and NEO and hyping your coin is bad.

However, ignoring the people who fucking funded you for over a month now is just as fucking bad. Idk what to say here

>$1900 may mean nothing to you, but to him that could be a big chunk of his portfolio
Then he should fucking sell. Kek, shrimps like him should be food for the whales anyway.

>I hope LINK crash and burn asap, and drag you with it. That shitcoin is doomed anyway.
Not happening buddy. People like me who have a lot of disposable income are not really bothered with having to hold for a long time.

Yep this is hat I heard from a reliable source that I can't reveal.

scroll down a few more posts and youre in 2015
what a joke

The top ten holders are probably devs, well, not devs since there's more top holders than devs but people related to the project. They want to give us a false sense of "everything is alright guys" and they are doing it right.

Anyone can put the logos of swift, visa, MasterCard. Doesn't mean shit.
Dude, even if it's not a lot for you, why not sell now and put that amount of btc to work instead of sitting there? You can multiply that btc with a bunch of good trades and then rebuy more link with it! The "you can never time the market" meme died today. We now know they don't have shit done yet, so there's literally no point in holding right now. Maybe come back in December.

What the fuck. Fuck me fucking fuck on a fucking nut cunt fuck. That fat cunt

>The "you can never time the market" meme died today. We now know they don't have shit done yet,

Pretty much this. The only thing i can think of that would take sellers by surprise is partnership announcements, which they've said won't be released until the mainnet is launched in 2018. You have a month of guaranteed and constant drops everyday for LINK.

>Anyone can put the logos of swift, visa, MasterCard. Doesn't mean shit.
Kek, this is stupid. You cant do that without permission.

>Dude, even if it's not a lot for you, why not sell now and put that amount of btc to work instead of sitting there? You can multiply that btc with a bunch of good trades and then rebuy more link with it! The "you can never time the market" meme died today.

Who says I'm all-in LINK? I have other short term moon missions like SALT. LINK is my long-term play. You seem desperate in making everyone sell all their LINK since thats what you just did.

>high level FUD is happening against LINK all over Veeky Forums

Yep, it's time to buy more LINK. This shit is about to blast to the fucking moon.

Buy more Link

>NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW
Reminder that it took NEO nearly a year after its release to finally have any reason to moon.

Didn't make this to FUD. I made this to let others know the devs have been doing nothing for a month.

>Who says I'm all-in LINK?
That's why I said
>even if it's not a lot for you
Even if link is only 5% of your portfolio there is no reason not to sell and put that amount of btc into good trades.
>Kek, this is stupid. You cant do that without permission.
I can show you at least three random ICOs that put the Visa, MasterCard and PayPal logos on their site and trust me, nothing ever happened and those ICOs either tanked or just disappeared after token release. It's you money so you decide what to do, i just don't understand why hold now. Holding long term applies to bitcoin and a very few alts (maybe 3 or 4). This is clearly not one of those.

just sold $250 LINK and bought POWR....i will buy again when it moons

It's different because they didn't have to wait the year for NEO or ETH to take off but neither did they get in at the absolute bottom.

It doesn't matter how much money it will make them a year or six months from now. They want their money and they want it now.

And during September 2016 and march 2017 you think people didn't get out to put that btc into good trades to make more money and then went back in with more bitcoin to buy more ants/neo/whatever?

>Damn, user. You sound so fucking cool. I want to be like you when I grow up! You tell ‘em, user!

You’re a huge faggot, aren’t you?

Your analysis is pretty spot on, but I'm never selling until it hits $30. Don't care if it gets delisted, I'm just not fucking selling.

Another reminder that Veeky Forums is mostly made up of kids that just got into crypto in the last two or three months who just want to make money fast and don't know anything about where they are throwing their parents money. Pajeets too.

Neither am I. Too deep in now. Should've sold at 50 I would've 3X my investment

>I can show you at least three random ICOs that put the Visa, MasterCard and PayPal logos on their site and trust me, nothing ever happened and those ICOs either tanked or just disappeared after token release.

Did these ICOs present in Devcon or some other big conference? I can create an ICO right now and stamp Facebook's logo. Unless I present it in Devcon or some conference I probably wont get busted. Also, what makes you so sure those ICOs didnt ask for permission?

>Even if link is only 5% of your portfolio there is no reason not to sell and put that amount of btc into good trades.
Who says I'm not holding BTC already. Kek you really seem to want us to go 0% LINK. I put my money where my mouth is. I'm not selling my LINK stack. I'm probably going to buy more when my short term holdings moon.

It's not that, let's think: what has more chances of getting 10% gains (being extremely conservative) during the next month? Link or bitcoin? Bitcoin!
Why not just sell and then buy 10% more link? We know nothing will happen before Jan 2018 anyways.

Dude, most link baghodlers are the crypto newbies. They came here during the peak of the ico goldrush and dumped money into whatever was shilled the most.
Linkie bagholders always crying about their req/blackmoon/blockcat/salt bags etc. Its hilarious.
Anyone with half a brain sold at 6k sats or above (to buy back in now).

>Dude, most link baghodlers are the crypto newbies.

Pretty sure its the other way around. Crypto newbies are more likely to not understand what LINK is even about. Newbies prefer to buy coins like NEO at $30+ since its easy to understand that its a "Chinese Ethereum".

Definitely a smart option, but it doesn't make LINK any less legitimate.

There are definitely crypto newbies bagholding LINK. They bought at 40-50 cents and are the ones who whine all day long and get buried in FUD because it's funny to shit on them.

MOMMY MOMMY GIVE BABY NEWSIES
BABY POOPIED PANTIES MAMA
MAMA
MAMA
MAMA
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
CHANGIE BABY
BABY WANTIE NEWSIES
BABY IAMGVD HAS DIAPIE RASH ON BUM BUM
WHERE BABY IAMGVD'S $100???
GIVE BABY HIM MONIE BACK MUMMY WILL BE VERY ANGRY THAT BABBY LOSTED HIS ALLOWANCE
SORRY FOR CUSSING I'M JUST SO H*CKING MAD GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

((-5%))

t. L

I said bagholders. As in people who are holding bags and posting shitty ass marine memes. Not the smart people who took profits at 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x and bought back in.

Yeah like the user that bought $1900 worth of LINK and wants to sell kek after almost a 50% drop.

not so deluded linkie

So everyone was talking lambos in 2019 and all the other bs. Longterm hodl! Longterm hodl! Two months in and having a titty fit? Grow a pair.

Oh trust me, I fully believe in the project, I had 48k link until days ago. I almost thank for these two months of nothingness we got ahead, I plan to buy some dash, power, boost that btc and come back in January to buy at least 60k link with the amount of btc I got from selling link now. God knows what will be the price of btc by then. 9k? Idk.

Alright, so I've not been into this long, so I missed all the old stuff. (Got more active when I sold BTC at 7980 after buying at 400 and forgetting about it)

Anyway on the link front: where did the original hype come from? Is Sergey a well known dev from another project? Was link revolutionary in some way? Did he divulge his strategy for implementing a revolutionary system evolution? Where did the OG link love come from?

Veeky Forums I just sold all my bags. I've held since a couple of weeks past the ICO but I can't take it anymore. The opportunity cost is too great to hold these bags. I believe in the project, but not the developers.

This team will never do what needs to be done in order to increase token value. You're better of buying in months from now once its value is diluted even further

hes been around since before you were born, sonny

Dude is a mastermind, won that contest on sibos 2016 and was invited this year again,
The idea of link and what he's trying to do is revolutionary but holding Lin right now doesn't make too much sense given the recent news. They basically told us that there's nothing ahead until at least January 2018. With a bitcoin breaking ATHs every single day, why not just go back to btc or even better make a few good trades with that same amount of btc and rebuy later? You will get even more LINK by then since it's not the same buying with btc priced at 7000 than buying with btc priced at 9000 or whatever price it reaches by Jan 2018.

more like 1/99... at best

permission from who, retard? the president of the internet?

oh shit. thats Rory? we fucked

reminder, that there's thousands of icos that didnt go anywhere and either exit scammed or where sold to oblivion. but we dont talk about it in polite company, right?

more like 90%

yep finally people on reddit start talking out. everyone there should be doing this bc the whole thing otherwise is bulshit. FUCK SERGEY and his useless fatass

Everyone seems hyped about the main net getting launched. Honestly? I care more about Rory's promise of hiring someone to do some marketing.
The main net can wait til 2019 or 2020 i don't care, but marketing and hype is everything in crypto so that's what I care about,
Omisego skyrocketed with a bunch of stickers, a skateboard, fake sponsorships and a pic with vitalik. That's not technology, that's marketing.

Good job on writing this up OP. I dumped all of my LINK (at a small overall loss) as soon as I saw the most recent update.

While I believe in LINK and will buy back in next year, it's clear that absolutely nothing is going to happen with it for at least 2/3 months.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt, assuming that they really would launch their mainnet in 2018 Q1. However, if they are going to rewrite in Go, and they haven't even hired a Go developer yet... this is going to take a while.

Another user said it right - if their code is so simple it can be ported/reimplemented by a brand new employee in a few weeks, then the product is simplistic and will be overtaken by competition.

Side note: I am contracting with a company you have heard of, who would benefit from making their data available to CL. I contacted Rory via the website to enquire about setting up a pilot project, and never had a response. They are leaving potential partners in the dark just as much as investors.

Until they hire additional developers and a competent community manager, I'm staying out of LINK and watching it bleed from the sidelines.

It hurts to admit it, but I'm not afraid to be wrong: All you anons who sold LINK a month ago and have been shitting on it since then were right. We should have listened instead of taking a further 20% loss.

It's not the "two months in" part. It's "two months in and they just admitted they need to rebuild the entire platform, but first they need to hire a developer".

Think about it... they are currently in the stages where they just decided which language to use for the final product, and now they are reviewing CVs of developers. No way will they be launching anything early Q1.

I was really just asking the questions, not trying judge anybody for whatever went down or beg tips off anybody.
Just pure curiosity on my part.
Most things I've seen and read from link seem like dog shit, so I was just curious as to how there's 2-4 threads on biz 24/7.

Kek'd hard

Newfag detected. Lurk more until you learn how to greentext or GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

Holy kek this pic is perfect

Screenshot you attempted contact

buy a 2018 project coin. complain no moon. kek

this is some shareblu tier cordinated fud lol

LINKfido lmAO

Doxx myself or my client company? No thanks. Email them yourself and see what kind of response you get.

You're missing the point. We all knew this would not moon next week. However, we just learned that the company has not even hired the dev resources it needs to finish the project.

2018 project coin is fine - 2018 project coin which hasn't hired a dev team in November 2017 is less fine.

>this is some shareblu tier cordinated fud lol

Coordinated? Yes, it's almost as if... everyone is reacting to the update that was released yesterday, where they confirmed they have zero developers who can code in their target language. That kind of admission tends to cause people to rethink their investments.

why are you so mad?

Aeternity mainnet will be launched Q1 2018, A complete blockchain with oracles and smart contracts, Chainlink is way behind with an inferior product.

>Only 1 post by this id
>Always repeating statements
>Kek
>Aggreeing with reddit
Wow, is this the power of fud

this started before that, it was a couple of days ago the threads just went 180

>As far as we know, they have hired nobody
As far as you know they already hired 100 people so far.

>SIBOS passed and was successfull, no news from the network other than implementing it in GO instead of Ruby now
Someone hasn't seen Steve talking 24/7 with the community lmao.

>Means nothing
You mean nothing.

>However, everyone thought the working product was ChainLink not a PoC.
You're retarded.
1) the fact that this was a PoC was LITERALLY stated in all the relevant documentation, including the Sibos schedule on the Sibos website, Coindesk, etc.
2) ChainLink v1.0 was ready, it's what was used in the demo.

>No updates on this, what are they doing, how are the talks going on?
>How's that going? again no updates on this, great.
You're not getting any updates until shit gets finalized.
And shit like this doesn't get finalized in a few weeks.
Look at ANY crypto-related development going on within mainstream finance. You dumbass.

>Clearly not since everyone has been complaining, and none of it has been addressed
Sometimes my cat wails for no reason and I ignore it.

>No devs hired.
Source pls. Right now.

>No effort has been made to keep the community better updates.
Steve Ellis has been discussing the technical side of the project with the community pretty much day in day out.
But you wouldn't know anything about that.

You're dumb, angry, and uninformed. Please sell all your Link and go. You're pure poison.

STINKY LINKY IS ANGRY!

Quick someone buy his bags!

What makes you think development is behind in any way?

But the testnet is up and running. Go set up ETH, BTC, or Hyperledger nodes right now in the testnet.

>two person TOTAL TEAM
What is Google, Apple, etc.