What does this mean?

Sorry, not really understanding what I am reading here. Browsing the Iota tangle, specifically the top 100 addresses, started running into this tag.

thetangle.org/tag/9999STOLEN9IOTAS999FUCK9YOU

Like, was there a huge hack? Some of these 19 000 pending transactions are in the millions of US dollars.

thetangle.org/transaction/MP9E9OATFBUFAVCVZPYVAMA99NTYMKBOAVXZMUKKABCBHVUTSTJNYGYHIXKUGVTNISJXAVQXCYPL99999

thetangle.org/transaction/GUZDISJJXRXZTCNMAMPK9BCQFHXKVGAJHMSASTQGRGVVDSVEWPJUSIKBNCUCITYCMSAHFZTJBCOAA9999

Other urls found in this thread:

thetangle.org/address/XWHSRRMKZKLHQZJCRBGOVESSUNBUX9H9HUHLFQLCMLMRRHLHMVGUJZ9QX9SOHTZMNRNGGLFWNWUYHCAWD
google.com/search?q=9999STOLEN9IOTAS999FUCK9YOU&filter=0&biw=1600&bih=730
thetangle.org/transaction/KFSHOGUPWUNSLROREKDXFRDIRPTOWUETAF9XBWPBMMITIVTGQQMIJJVW9JOODBDFDWBYBDTLPRKB99999
blog.iota.org/iota-foundation-hires-cybercrypt-615d2df79001
reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7e0gu8/186gi_stolen_from_android_wallet/
reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7da10b/iota_light_wallet_hacked/
thetangle.org/transaction/LODWCZEFZNCEMFLOWZSYJZVQAVFIJZFHKROHS9CDZIEGUEVBVSKK999ANDRIRSAWRUVHITVCGUABA9999
reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7f6krg/what_does_this_mean/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nobody?

Many seem to be routed to this address, in 145.8 GIota bundles (about 100k USD). Those aren't repeated transactions, they're all from different addresses.

thetangle.org/address/XWHSRRMKZKLHQZJCRBGOVESSUNBUX9H9HUHLFQLCMLMRRHLHMVGUJZ9QX9SOHTZMNRNGGLFWNWUYHCAWD

Like about 50 x 145.8 GIota? So, over five million being transferred to this address?

damn

google.com/search?q=9999STOLEN9IOTAS999FUCK9YOU&filter=0&biw=1600&bih=730

fucking tons of it. i see this tag all the time, and i have no fucking clue why other people havent asked this question

Actually, there are 12 000 more transactions not displayed, so it's probably a lot more than that. Some of these pending transactions are less than a day old...

thetangle.org/transaction/KFSHOGUPWUNSLROREKDXFRDIRPTOWUETAF9XBWPBMMITIVTGQQMIJJVW9JOODBDFDWBYBDTLPRKB99999

DUMP IOTA

I haven't seen the team respond to this yet even though this like a huge breach.

Well, they announced today that they are hiring a cryptographic security company.

blog.iota.org/iota-foundation-hires-cybercrypt-615d2df79001

Bitfinex meanwhile, announced that Iota withdrawals should be good to go... Maybe the entire tangle was frozen, locked into pending transaction status?

Am I crazy? This seems like it would be huge.

>All day (before this flash crash) Binance had an alert on IOTA saying "network congestion / withdrawal times may be delayed"...this was the ONLY coin with this alert... HOURS AND HOURS AGO

From the other thread. Honestly everyone needs to dump IOTA now before they get rekt hard.

But nobody can. Everybody has to create a new address with a new seed, then reclaim their...

Holy fuck, they were definitely fucking hacked. And they're covering it up.

It's pretty obvious whoever is making these transactions has malicious intent. I'd be very careful

post this shit on reddit. that dev fag is always on the iota subreddit defending his bs crypto

>It's pretty obvious whoever is making these transactions has malicious intent. I'd be very careful
malicious intent to spread coordinated fud and scoop up cheap iota from weak hands probably

when i transferred 1 giota to okex, i was redirected to the GUZDISJJXRXZTCNMAMPK9BCQFHXKVGAJHMSASTQGRGVVDSVEWPJUSIKBNCUCITYCMSAHFZTJBCOAA9999 transaction when checking the status even though that is not my transaction ID. it is fixed now though??

real people who have had iota stolen under this tag:

reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7e0gu8/186gi_stolen_from_android_wallet/

reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7da10b/iota_light_wallet_hacked/

I'm sorry

it changed back to a legitimate transaction, what do you think that means? I am not sure why you are sorry but its okay

>real people who have had iota stolen under this tag:
>reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7e0gu8/186gi_stolen_from_android_wallet/
>reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7da10b/iota_light_wallet_hacked/
one dude confirmed he reused adress
another one used some shady online seed generator
it's like blaming etherdelta for fatfingering your order

two completely different scenarios.
bad seed generator
address reuse

same stolen tag.

also no one can explain to me why using the same receiving address multiple times can put your seed at risk. clarify pls

ITS AN EXIT SCAM

SELL SELL SELL SELL

Isnt IOTA the same crypto that had a huge vulnerability discovered by an MIT professor? I’ll be staying clear of that garbage have fun getting your money tangled into nothing

This is seriously fucking shady bros. The Iota Foundation definitely seems to be attempting to cover this all up as a "transition". You've got way more than fucking five million dollars moving around. Just look at this one!

thetangle.org/transaction/LODWCZEFZNCEMFLOWZSYJZVQAVFIJZFHKROHS9CDZIEGUEVBVSKK999ANDRIRSAWRUVHITVCGUABA9999

A 350 Tiota pending transaction? For two hundred and sixty million USD? From the richest Iota address? And labelled with the same 9999STOLEN9IOTAS999FUCK9YOU as everything else?

I tried posting on reddit. It doesn't seem to show up in the forum.

reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7f6krg/what_does_this_mean/

fuck it, went straight to the source.

theyre shit transactions

>same stolen tag.
well duh
it's not like the whole world is targeting iota
probably one hacker or a group

>also no one can explain to me why using the same receiving address multiple times can put your seed at risk. clarify pls
every outgoing transaction it sends part of the private key with one time signature which degrades every time it reused making it vulnurable to reverse bruteforce

>vulnurable to reverse bruteforce
that doesn't compromise your whole wallet though
only this one address

Well. That's kind of reassuring. Except that the sheer spam transaction overload may be grinding the network to a crawl.

A currency that can have your funds stolen if you use it twice. Lol this shit is going to be mainstream adopted tomorrow! Stay poor

its supposed to be machine-adopted so it wouldn't be difficult to automate address re-generation after transaction
they are working on this, right now I think there aren't many nodes