Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Skaven Females Edition

Link to last thread: >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

Other urls found in this thread:

icv2.com/articles/markets/view/33912/top-5-non-collectible-miniature-games-fall-2015
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TXCUenE0b5A
avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=129&Itemid=53&armycode=Dwarfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First-first for Skaven, the master race, yes-yes!

What would be a good name for a Grey Seer to annoy a party with be?

Bonus points if it's a pun.

Extra bonus points if it's a subtle pun.

Rutabega Chez.

Racial slur against Swiss people+cheese.

Stealth pun, most people assume Rutabega is a cheap pun sounding like "Rat-abega".

Bonus points for involving Ratling guns.

What sort of combat should a WFRP game have: real-time or turn-based?

It's built with initiative, so it's turn based by design.

wud u pat a skaven

Headpat and feed Warpstone tokens.

I never realized that warhammer was so punk/metal

Logically turn-based, but I wouldn't play it.

That's the reaction I expected.

Do you think it would be possible to translate WFRP combat to real-time?

If you took some liberties, sure.

There's been four CEOs.

The first was the starters of the company, who left because they got bored and wanted to go back to the pure gaming aspect instead of being businessmen.

The third, Ansell, thought Warhammer was a hit property to expand into everything. He made sure the stores were places to play and not just shop, he produced a heavy metal band called Bolt Thrower if they made songs for Fantasy and 40k, he even planned a TV game show where the theme was being in the 40k universe. It was basically Robot Wars though. He made Games Workshop THE tabletop company.

Then the current guy, Kirby, bought Ansell out and shitcanned everything. His brilliant strategy is doing no market research and selling models to collectors and the 20% of people he thinks use them in a game. His only goal is maximum profit for the least risk, which is why we all hate him. His decisions have sunk the company in a big way. X-Wing is now the biggest tabletop game, and his belief that "video games are a fad" is why Warcraft is THE fantasy setting.

I think the appeal of WFRP is feeling like you're in the setting.
So you'd want to maximize immersion, minimize emphasis on video game mechanics.

Of course I never played WFRP, so take my opinion as purely a casual perspective.

>x-wing is the biggest table top game
Oh please.

current ceo is Kevin D. Rountree
It literally is

t. Games-Workshop employee

It is currently the most selling tabletop game.

FFG is going to overtake GW in the next decade if not sooner. Age of Sigmar so far has set GW back 6 years in stock value, and its showing no signs of stopping.

What if elves helped create the empire instead of the dwarfs? What if sogmar had reached an elvish prince instead of a dwarf King? What if it were elves and men who stood shoulder to shoulder in blackfire pass? Overall, what would the empire have looked like if it was influenced by elves the same way the real empire was influenced by dwarfs

That's true tough, search it up.

It's still behind warmachine and 40k easily, to pretend otherwise is just intentionally being stupid.

It would look more like bretonia.

>What if elves helped create the empire instead of the dwarfs?

You'd have Bretonnia.

>What if sogmar had reached an elvish prince instead of a dwarf King? What if it were elves and men who stood shoulder to shoulder in blackfire pass?

Elves feel no loyalty and readily break oaths, so it's hard to say.

So if War of the Beard hadn't happened and Elves were still the dominant force in the Old World outside mountains?

Bretonnia in both Bretonnia and the Empire, but all the peasants are human and nobles the Elves. Sigmar and his line would be like Repanse de Lyonesse, a peasant uplifted into nobility.

No WotB means High Elves retain their golden age strength and eventually defeat the diminished Dark Elves.

No Wood Elves means Isha and Kurnous don't break with Asuryan and Lileath so the Cadai stand united against the Cytharai and Chaos, which prevents End Times.

Also, Dwarfs and Elves remain bros so both influence humans anyway. War of the Beard was an eventuality, but it was only a conflict that devastated both races forever because of Malekith's meddling so the eventual small wars like Grudge of Drong would be vents for frustrations and Grudges while as a whole remaining united.

Without being weakened, Dwarfs never lose holds to Skaven or greenskins to both races are much less of a threat.

>It's still behind warmachine and 40k easily, to pretend otherwise is just intentionally being stupid.

This isn't 'pretending' or shit like that buddy, a fact right now: icv2.com/articles/markets/view/33912/top-5-non-collectible-miniature-games-fall-2015

It will be only getting worse for GW

>Overall, what would the empire have looked like if it was influenced by elves the same way the real empire was influenced by dwarfs

Better, I mean the choice is between subhumans and the alpha race, how is that even a question.

No, according to a report that came out last month the sales in North America for tabletop gaming has X-Wing at the top, then Warmahordes, then 40k.

Age wasn't even in the top 10. Betrayal At Calth outsold the entire Age line in fact.

>Look at me, a literal retard, run my stupid mouth!

Would Empire be in a better spot right now if Vlad won and became Emperor in 2051?

ayy

Make the Empire great again. I can already see it. He'd get my peasant support.

X-wing winning is an obvious fact.
Easy to learn, various gameplay, tournament friendly, ALREADY PAINTED.
Just ask your non GW store FLGS what is the game they sell the more.

>ALREADY PAINTED
>good thing

non hobbyists get out REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>X-wing winning is an obvious fact.
It's riding the hype wave of the movies. When that fades, so will the game.

I think the most interesting scenario is if the war of the beard still happened but the elves won. Both sides are still pretty battered and the dwarfs go into full isolation, while the high elf colonies remain to rebuild. After malekith starts attacking again I see most of the colony military being pulled back to ulthuan, leaving the colonies under defended. By the time of sigmar the colonies have become almost entirely self reliant, but the time of woes happening to the dwarfs and the emergence of the greenskins and skaven mean that the elves are pushed into a position where they would have to ally with the humans or else risk losing their hold on the old world. Sigmar and whatever elf prince or Mage he saved would probably be Bria like malekith and snorri, elves aren't completely without honor. Sigmar would have gotten some fancy enchanted axe or sword instead of ghal maraz, along with some fancy armor.

If the elves decide to teach the humans magic then they have thousands of years to develope their magic potential. Seeing what he colleges achieved after just 300 years, an empire that always had wizards would be pretty powerful in the magical department. They wouldn't have gunpowder or all the steampunk stuff, at least not until the Great War against chaos when the dwarfs set up gunnery and engineering schools in the empire. They'd probably take on the Greco roman theme of the elves, with lots of Knights.

Tldr elf empire looks like the Roman Empire combined with bretonnia with MAGIC

It was already most popular before the movie even came out mate

still going strong for 40 years tho

yes because grey tide don't exist at all, and painter can still paint on top of it.

Idiot get out REEEEEEEEEE

Also out of the box x-wing is much better than the lazy nurgle pic you post.

>Playing with the sorts of people who don't paint their army
>Also out of the box x-wing is much better than the lazy nurgle pic you post.

Did you actually photoshop the painters name out of that

Eh...hard to say.

Our only comparison for his leadership style is Sylvania's 40k-tier inept leadership and other vampires. I'd rank him as third to Ushoran and Neferata in regard to the latter.

But Dwarfs have too many Grudges against vampires and are so racist its a miracle they don't shoot Brets for Emoire Grudges, so the Empire would lose support of them.

But...Vlad in power means no Konrad or Mannfred rampages. Meaning no Nagash, no End Times.
Hell, Ulthuan wouldn't have sunk had Tyrion not gone full Malekith over Mannfred sticking a cactus up his daughter's vagina for the evulz.

Vampires tend to win against Beastmen and almost never fall to Chaos, so the Empire as a whole would probably be safer from external threats.
Brets would probably attack them. Tomb Kings for sure would.

So...hard to say but I'd gamble more on things overall being better.

So, /whfb/ what are you currently working on?

Yeah, never bought anything.

>80% unpainted

Painting about 50 of these in this design.

20% is around 50k points

I'll repost from the WIP thread but, this is a bunch of stuff I've (mostly) picked up this semester to work on.

The skaven are built, and some primed. The Wood elves are second hand and mostly built (riders still on spruce though) but I'm excited to get to work.

>sorry for the image size, I think

Just looking at that, I remember how much more fantasy back log I have. Not to mention 40K and Warmachine.

Cannot fucking wait to get to work on this again

I actually believe that.

>The Hero WHFB needs with his chamber of ancient heroes.

Disco ball in the Warhammer room?

Nice.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TXCUenE0b5A

>To develop this chart, we interviewed distributors, manufacturers, and retailers, then aggregated the information into a single ranking.

They pulled the number from a rough guesstimate based on interviewing some distributors, gw don't release their sales data and doesn't take into account online sales.

You would have to be intentionally stupid to believe that 40k had been knocked off its throne.

That should be "Been buying models for 30 years, never even played a single game".

Knowing GW's numbers wouldn't tell you if X-Wing outsold them.

If third parties aren't selling more 40k, less is being sold overall.

>Mom I posted it again!

Conceptualizing a 9th Age Orc Army.

Less 40k being sold overall does not equate to selling less than x-wing, unless of course your only unit of measurement for "topdog" is "units sold". In which case sure, it's possible to say that x-wing sold more individual unit of product within a 3 month period than 40k but it's disingenuous to try and claim anything more than that.
Especially sine claiming that "x-wing is now the biggest tabletop game" as did insinuates that it has some how managed to garner a following as large as 40ks in a fraction of the time that 40k has been around.

The problem with your argument is it entirely hinges in Games Workshop selling a very large amount of models through online distribution.

Furthermore, the "biggest" means who sells the most, because this is a capitalist world and the worth of all things is measured financially.

But fair is fair. "X-Wing is the buggest FLGS tabletop game." Which, considering how GW has now shut down most of its Games Workshop stores worldwide, means everything.

Who actually means "popular" when they say "biggest".

>The problem with your argument is it entirely hinges in Games Workshop selling a very large amount of models through online distribution.

No it doesn't, gw don't release any sales data from in store or online. The numbers they used are purely flgs numbers based from distributors, gws distributors don't release their number either so it's taken from a sample size of flgs owners who actually let the people from that website scour their books.

They shut down some unprofitable stores and opened new ones elsewhere, to say "most of their stores world wide" is also disingenuous.

>Furthermore, the "biggest" means who sells the most
Biggest means biggest, who sells the most means who has sold the most. Who is selling more right now would be fastest selling, a x-wing is still in a growth period and much cheaper to get into it should be selling faster.

Either way it's just a strange thing to say.

Sells=/=sold.

Warcraft didn't make more than Everquest until the third expansion, but even at launch was "the biggest".

"The biggest" is an overall evaluation of all fields.
Since GW is sinking and all available sales data point to it being outsold, it is not "the biggest" anymorr.

That's a ludicrous claim to make though.

>all available sales data
If you don't have enough data you just say it's inconclusive, we know for a fact that no x-wing is being sold in games workshops stores or through their online retailers but we wouldn't use that as evidence towards x-wing being the smallest game on the market.

A sample size of flgs retailers is pretty sufficient.

DC comics are sold in gas stations.

But when a large sampling of comicbook stores all have Marvel outselling them, then claiming that DC is still top dog because we don't have gas station sales data is ludicrous.

GW's stock should be enough to tell you how their stores are doing. The value of stock in a company doesn't sink like the Titanic when everything is doing fine.

It's not sufficient in the slightest, you're suggesting that second hand data regarding x-wings sales online and from flgs are evidence that it outsells 40ks from games workshops stores, its online store and american flgs.

This is equally as ludicrous and actually shows a pretty strange misunderstanding of the share market in general.

ALUH RATBAR

Do people here think that Total War:Warhammer will/would generate more interest in the tabletop or not? I can see the argument that people who aren't into buying figures probably won't start solely because there's games made in the same setting, but I wonder if there wouldn't be some kind of positive effect somewhere.

Of course it would be, only retarded aos-shills argue otherwise.

Hell, there was a poll on the german forums a few weeks ago how people got into 40k and around 40% of them was 'video games'. And note that 40k never had a real AAA videogame, the most successful games were the DoW series and the space marine game.

40k sales spike was directly correlated with Dawn of War, so it stands to reason the effect might have applied on WHF. Of course, pricing being what it was, it's possible the effect would've been muted.

Yes, but I don't think anyone will get into Age over it.
Most likely they'll buy a kit of whatever they think is the coolest.

So I got pic related, the OOP female Waywatcher, for my Lumbafoots model.

Any recommendations for Salty, Markus Unitchampion, Pyro's great great great grandmother, and Cousin Okri's cousin?

There's a ripped model for Kingdom Death which looks like a witch hunter.

>Yes, but I don't think anyone will get into Age over it.
Anybody who knows about Warhammer Fantasy in any form knows Age of Sigmar = bad and everyone else hates it so they probably should to.

It's vidya hyping tabletop game that doesn't officially exist anymore. I mean, sure, it might get some people interested, but most of it will be wasted potential now.

Not a bad one, but not very close either.

Rutabaga is a reference to Swedes, not the Swiss.

AoW witch hunter looks very much like Saltzpyre with two pistols

don't the Swiss live in Sweden?

Except that's 35mm scale and the guy is a monster (meaning he's bigger than survivors). He's probably Ogre-sized when translated to WHF measures.

Its almost like an AVGN game, people only find out about it because of the jokes about how bad it is.

Show me reference pictures, I might be able to tell.

Swiss live in Switzerland,
Except for Swiss Guard who live in Rome, Italy.

Victor Saltzpyre.

Witch Hunter, ultra paranoid about Skaven. Pretty liberal for a Witch Hunter.

Was bringing the Wizard for trial when Skaven invaded. He immediately set her free, and leads the defense of the first Empire city invaded in End Times.

Markus Kruber.

Empire Greatsword, former leader of the 8th Ostland which was obliterated by a Necromancer. Wants to retire, but the Empire won't let him. Recruited by Salty to help him transport the Wizard.

Forgot pic.

Bardin Gorekkson.

Dwarf Ranger. Found a map to an ancient lost Hold, came to the city to get funding for an expedition. Loves killing Skaven, won't shut up about his cousin. Tsun as fuck for the Elf.

option one, this guy with a head swap, IIRC the Great Weapon is optional bit

option two - Empire Militia greatcoat body + Greatswords command group sword arm + pistol from Pistolier + any head + sculpt the hat

option thee - Cygnar Gun Mage with swapped head and gun (metalic model, will be pain in the ass)

option four 40k Inquisitor with Inferno Pistol - you will need to file down =][= iconography and cut the pistol

generic rank&file Empire Greatsword

either generic Dwarf Warrior or try to get one of the metalic Mordheim dwarves

Sienna Fuegonasus.

Fled Estalia as a little girl to avoid being burned as a witch. Went to the Bright College, addicted to casting fire magic and burning things. Wanders the world looking for enemies of the Empire AKA things nobody cares if she lights on fire.
Arrested by Salty for maybe possibly accidently probably lighting a mill on fire out of boredom and causing the son of the local Burgermeister to burn to death inside. Is pretty excited about the whole "billions of moving flammable targets and a pat on the back from everyone for making it happen" thing.

I can imagine it would generate interest but in terms of people playing one game then investing in a 2.5k point army it's vague.
Now 4-5 years from now when GW release "old warhammer" it's entirely possible that it will bring an influx of players.

The thing with video games that people never really seem to understand is that the lions share of profits go to the developer and the retailer.
Secondly GW has always tried their best not to create an alternative to buying models and using them in stores, where they can be tempted into buying more shit which leaves them trying to license their IP to developers with the provision that they can't just create a computerized simulation of warhammer aka what people actually want. Leaving the developer with a whole heap of background they could write themselves.

I personally can't wait to see how many games we get in the warhammer universe now that they're licensing to big time devs though.

Kerillian.

Waywatcher who followed a Spellsinger, saw something she REALLY shouldn't have seen, and can't return to Athel Loren because of it. Doesn't like non-Elves much, but can't find any Wood Elves in the Empire to talk to. Sort of likes the Pyro for some reason, hates Salty and is Tsun as fuck for the Dwarf. Calls everyone Mayfly and Lumberfoot. Has a Scottish accent.

Empire Flagellant, body with covered chest + beardless head + torch with extended handle to make the staff.

Grave Digger from Reaper.

this one'd fit nicely, methinks, since Saltzpire can use dual pistols

greenstuff a scarf on her and voila

not sure which one'd fit the dwarf best
avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=129&Itemid=53&armycode=Dwarfs

what could a Waywatcher see that would freak her out so? they guard deepest parts of a fucking creepy living forest, they've seen stuff that'd drive a high elf mad. what coulda scared her away?

So what do you guys think of no more Grimgor?

he took broken enchanted chaos regalia from headbutted archaon, had his head shaman do some mojo on them to open a portal and led a WAAAAGH! into the Realms of Chaos, on a quest to headbutt Khorne. nobody heard of him since.

End Times canon.
Maybe Lileath poisoning the mother of all Elves?

Oh shit, didn't see Destruction get Last Chance'd.

Eh, didn't care for Grimgor. He only gets points for being better than Archaon, but Savage Orcs and Night Goblins are my jam.

Still fucked up how everything with any personality is being shitcanned.

hm, and if we ditch End Times? what could she've seen if Vermintide took place in normal WHFB?

they kept the iconic Maneaters, including Golfag, at least

>what could she've seen if Vermintide took place in normal WHFB?
Probably something Drycha related? Or the non-ET evil Lileath's plan for human and elf to coexist, which Ker accidently volunteered to help in by hearing it, as Lileath foresaw.