WIP Painting/Converting/Sculpting General

Apparently Rogue Trader edition considering past posts.

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz/#F!OgpwzAKS!a5eVE6pOagTTOWEr5tEaEQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.co.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo 0
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/white dwarf/WD_How_to_Photograph_Miniatures.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=uNP7p5smZyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qollOdPJ8Oc
youtu.be/njhLv_nyP_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm trying to make some bases for some deathwatch terminators and I want it to look like deck plating. I'm using this stuff for the plating itself and I'm going to put some brass rod as piping and some grating to break up the space left over.
Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to use for deck plating bases?

Just started drybrushing an old fortress kit, complete in box, found it at a small auction and got it for £6, so quite a nice find

Neat!

I wish I could find cheap terrain. I was thinking about scratch building some but where I play has so much and there are already people who bring their own scenery for their army.

what color should i use for the higlights of a steel legio drab base?

Does anybody know what that tool the guy in the moldline video uses is called? What's your favorite moldline removal method?

Only took a year, but I managed to paint almost all of the basic Nephilim units. Still have to deal with Nekima, Tuco, one Young Neph and some assorted neverborn support. Not amazing, but decent tabletop- I'll take it when painting for 30 minutes leaves me in physical pain.

converted Warp Spider. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out, my most ambitious conversion so far.

another view

Give that poor man a blue pill

that looks cool, the red nephilim work really well.

Swag mode: on.

Nice...makes me think of the 3rd ed codex scheme, in a good way.

Finally finished my verminlord! I'll never get to use this guy since everyone I play with hates everything to do with the End Times. I've pointed out this isn't a new unit, it's just a rules update of the existing (shit) verminlord, but nope, still won't let me use them.

Just waiting for his scenic base to arrive, then he'll be complete. He's got faults but I love how he turned out, it was a fun experiment.

Is this guide uploaded there?

blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/white dwarf/WD_How_to_Photograph_Miniatures.pdf

I'm sorry but... this looks very little like a warp spider. The gun doesn't even come close to the profile of a deathspinner, looking more like an eldar version of a tank autocannon.

You have a deldar with a poorly-converted oversized gun and a turd of greenstuff on the shoulder.

Wow, it actually makes a difference. I finally managed to capture the whites properly.

Mining style armour (left), or shades of black ( right)? Also I'm not certain as bright blue as a spot colour. What would look good in contrast to greys, blacks, flesh, and purple?

the green stuff is supposed to be the spiders breathing toob.
As for the gun, Have you seen the profile of the deathspinner? It's looks like a heavy weapon stock with a thick tube at the end.
Also, I hate the warp spider model, so not looking exactly like one is not a downside to me.

Does it look like a thing with a hightech jumppack, a gasmask and a big weird gun?

I need to catch up ...

I think personally the guns too long and just looks comical, it also looks sort of wonkey

Needs more backpack, less gun length. Right now it's got a very strong resemblance to a vindicare assassin.

the gun is longer than I'd like. I'm going to take out the middle part on the next one, though keeping the grip on that might be a little delicate.

And the backpack does need more, but I'm going back and forth on what to add to it. I've got scourge bat wings, and lots of tubes rods and spikes.

And greenstuff, but I know I'm prety limited in my ability to work there, so I'd like it to be mainly bits with greenstuf at most filling in between.

I don't see a problem here.

And when you get into melee

The gun and crab backpacks are some of the two most prolific parts of the warpspider's look.

If you're not into the backpack, at least try to get the gun barrel right so that it doesn't look like one of several of the eldar's oval-headed heavy weapons. Just sculpt some lantern frames and beads on a round barrel and add barbs to the end.

Also using water to frequently wet your tools will make sculpting greenstuff way easier for you. For basic tubes, less can be more since it's easier to add a bit than it is to remove greenstuff without removing the entire part.

it's not the backpack I dislike. it's overall blockyness of the torso and the helmet looking way to big with the blade fangs things. I'm want to make something reminicent of the backpack, but I've yet to find a thing that works.

Good Idea about the lantern frame and barbs, that I whould be able to do.
And I actually went back and smoothed out the greenstuff after I took the pic, as the zoom made my mistake much more visable.

Anyone got any Iron Hands they've painted? Trying to find some inspiration.

Just bought and assembled this kinda painting table, tired of my paints and brushes laying around.

What setups do you have?

I had one of those but I got tired of it due to the limited working space.

Pretty sure I have a slightly bigger version of that, can't fit nearly all my paints in but it's useful for holding my 'working' paints.

Working on a couple of "wolves".

that's sort of unsettling, I like it.

That's not really helpful unless you take a decent pic in the first place.

This is hilarious!

Early stages of an insidious madness, i'm not happy with the orange at all, hopfuly I can brighten it up and fix things.
Blue isn't done yet either, gonna be making it even brighter then picking out some details and stuff.

kek

halp

your base colour + bleached bone.

I would tell you if I knew what the fuck is a steel legio drab base.

Cheers. I was a bit inspired by Princess Mononoke as well as the Alzabo from the Book of the New Sun.

That's insanely nice!
Really fuck

Really? It's about tabletop quality. Not to shit on the original poster but over-enthusiastic feedback is worthless.

dust

Emma paints new orcs:
youtube.com/watch?v=uNP7p5smZyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qollOdPJ8Oc

I'm going to be the butt if this joke until I find time to fix it, damn work hours

She is an ork

Sorry dude.
Always worth getting right when you model your mini first time. Pinning helps as you can bend the pin to make it straight.
check it with an edge dry fitted before and after you glue.

The plan is to snip and file it, test like you said and then reglue, I got way too excited when I was making it, making me get sloppy

Thanks user!

Fuck you too user. I know I'm never going to win a Golden Demon, but it's always nice to get positive feedback, it motivates you to keep improving. It's never worthless if it encourages you to get better.

A Scion from my command squad. Working on a new color scheme.

Where is this head from, the new space wolves kit?

Another shot of him.

Looking to pick up my first airbrush for priming, first colours and varnishing. I've seen the Vallejo set that comes with a Harder & Steenbeck Ultra airbrush and 10 camo VMA paints for £70 (Not sure how much I'll use the paints as I do 40K, Infinity and Guildball largely).

Thats said, if I can pair this up with a generic no name compressor that has a tank off ebay, would that be a good setup to get started with??

yes.

At the moment I think it needs some more contrasting colours, it's all very samey and from a distance just looks like a grey mass

This. The first pic looks unpainted actually.

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. Got any suggestions?

I think the trousers and the armour need to be a different colour, consider maybe a really dark blue or black for them

< Tools

< Tools (now with picture)

Looks good so far!

< Paints

Wif wuv for wip.

I do remark that her speech pattern is much more streamlined than before, which was the main reason people didn't like her, even though it didn't bother me.

A tad surprised they put out the videos so soon when the preorders just started, and not the orders themselves.

Not a fan of the complete red armour though.

>rainbow warriors
nice

Yeah, Wulfen.

muhfuggin Rainbow Warriors

Codex when?

I actually do mostly like the new orcs. Some of the armor looks a couple bits away from being ork mega armor, but these guys look mostly fantasy, and having faces more than scowling/shouting with tiny slits for beady eyes really improves the expressiveness. I mean look at the pic, he's just so happy to be an orc!

Anyone here have experience painting in Army Barracks?

I am in no way good at this painting thing, but I'm having fun working on my chaos warband

The lascannon needs to be moldline removed, and the weapons (including the small storm bolter) need to be magnetised.

what's the best tool to scrap off paint after stripping?
I feel like toothbrushes aren't doing the job for me

Your sculpting tool, or a pin.
The point will hook the paint and it will peel off when the tool grips it.

>"Sergeant, we can't leave via the rear hatch!"
>"Brother, if you've scratched the paintwork on that reliquary I'll make sure you regret every moment of the rest of your life, however short that may be."

I just had a terrible thought.

>be a space marine player
>buy an Imperial Space Marine
>deck it out in rainbow colors
>assess disposition of opponent
>tell him it's:
>A) in support of LGBT
>B) an MLP cosplay
>C) a pretty marine
>Whichever pisses him off most.

maximum trolling?

I'm so glad I finally found an easy way to do GK eyes....now that I'm nearing the completion of my army. Unless I need to buy some more if the rumors about new formations are true.

Only if you consider ruining your own limited edition model with a joke paintjob not to be the epitome of self-trolling.

why would you purposely try to piss off your opponent? is the gamed not meant to be fun for both parties involved?

Experiment with some washes to bring out the details. The armour looks a bit flat. Work on being neat, don't get paint where it's not supposed to be.

>40k
>fun

To the containment thread with this argument

do you not basecoat your models? Because that helps a ton to make them look better. .97 can of Krylon spray, and bam, your GW paint goes on smooth like butter.

basecoat?

You are talking about priming right?

Evaluate your life user. Thats not normal behavior, and any non-retard will just laugh to himself or feel sorry for you.

yessir. why you no do it?

i'm not him, i just was confused about your choice of words.

But you are right of course.

No user, maximum trolling is playing cordially, gaining your opponents trust, proceeding to build up a relationship from there, finding out what he's attracted to, playing off that information leading up to a "confession of love," and then, one night, as you two are covered in each others sweat, you lean in close to their ear, as if to whisper sweet nothings, but instead shout "UR A FAGGIT" and then destroy his ass.

Any dos and donts for paintin imperial knights? Getting ready to have at it.

to really get /wip/'s approval it needs to have a church on the base

youtu.be/njhLv_nyP_s

I have no problem with painting your minis however you want, but this is autism

Wow, that's really good!

Gotta look like a church for sure.
Oo, thanks user.

Too bad before you can jam your penis in his unprepared butt, I burst into the room and slip into his hole, while shouting "VICTORY FOR THE PARTRIDGES"