Infinity General: Airborne Deployment Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale skirmish game by Corvus Belli where the Chinese paint their airborne troops bright orange so that they're easier to recover when they botch their combat jump rolls and fall off the battlefield.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>Official Army Builder:
infinitythegame.com/army

>New Official Army Builder that still doesn't work properly but is slowly improving:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (so you could compare units across factions)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>Latest news is the Economically Questionable RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>The Actual Faction Poll
strawpoll.me/5146634

>Scans (More Needed):
mediafire.com/download/a6nel34mw0la3bb/Infinity 1st edition Rulebook.pdf
mediafire.com/download/wd3pbtpjp5w9dig/Infinity - Corvus Belli S.L.L. - Human Sphere.pdf

>Check out Operation: Flamestrike
flamestrike.warconsole.com

>Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Mte10Eqe9g
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/116M600ywaWJdYXm2UQAlt2ytcDo83q0Q-69PKYsG-rI/edit#gid=758906257
data-sphere.net/may-preview-panoceania-bagh-mari/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Damn you just beat me only way might as well put this here.

Nice.
Bashi Bazouk vid from yesterday:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Mte10Eqe9g

I forgot, what else comes out in the next wave?

Nothing for Ariadna, annoyingly

>implying orange is not the last color the enemy sees before being set on fire.

>next wave
Besides Bashi Bazouk it's:
- Xeodron
- Onyx Army Pack (just a repack of CA starter, Rodoks, and Drones)
- Bagh Mari Box (Stingrays delayed for June)
- Kosuil with BSG

Along with Stingrays being delayed, Miyamoto Musashi is also delayed until whenever.

after the Kosuil BSG I wouldn't mind a blister pack for the Sentinels or a commando box.

>(Stingrays delayed for June)
>Miyamoto Musashi is also delayed
Ah, siestas.

I'd settle for a commando w/ missile launcher blister.

>Male Bolt: has huge rucksack, chunky collar, looks like he is wearing a lifejacket, proportions of a gears of duty shootman
>Lady Bolt: slinky armour, tight pants, delicate, graceful, cute ponytail

Another reason why Pan O is best

t. Neoterra

> No ulhan
> No black friar
> No locust
> No Swiss guard with Rifle
NCA is so close to being a complete sectorial, why does CB just get it done?

Has anyone tried the Massacre + Jaguars link yet?
It looks tempting, but I'm not sure what would it work with best. Intruders? Geckos? Wildcat Haris? Hellcats and Tomcats?
It's very cheap, so there's a lot of space I don't know how to fill up really.

Who the fuck knows? NCA and PanO in general could also use a new Support Pack as well. I seriously dont understand how CB prioritize things - if at all.

Because they specifically said Acontecimento would be getting more love?

I am eagerly awaiting Black Friar as well. Already planning to convert it if it comes with an MSR.

Hey Infinity guys, is there somewhere a map of Human Sphere and it's stellar neighbourhood? I'm just getting into the lore and I would really like to have a visual represantation of faction domains.

>Lady Bolt
You forgot about dem thighs. Sometimes I envy PanO players.

also need an ORC box

I wouldn't mind seeing Locust with Marksman rifle before Shock Army gets her turn. Our luck will have CB releasing hacker Locust and MSR Black Friar.

siesta time is never over

Then Toni is lost to us

Someone should sneak-build a large speaker system in CB's HQ and around siesta time blast this at full volume:
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

I feel like all the starters and support packs made up entirely of models from before 2010 should prob LA receive priority.

So ... like are all the TAG pilots female? The only male one I can think of is Scarface, and he's accompanied by his sister and we never see his face.

So... do you think men are hot?

>we never see his face
Joe Turner has his own mini.

TAG pilots are likely modelled female because the miniature is usually unlikely to enter play anyway and it's a good opportunity for a pinup mini.

Iguana operator might be male though, hard to tell with all the armour.

Today's haul from MM. The new Crane Agent is massive. About the same height as the new Achilles.

You don't?

Steel Phalanx plz leave.

What are you, a fag?

Never!

Beautiful.

Is this the second time you have asked that?

More like the third

Tunguska Sectorial when?

Oh man RJ... I have to see you paint that Sekban. You make everything so sexy and Sekban are my favorite of the older minis

Anyone else that's super bad at waiting for your stuff to arrive in the mail ?

I just got most of my Haqqislam force today, but all the excithing stuff like terrain and Hassassins are delayed in the other end of the country.
My fingers are twitchy man.

I keep buying stuff when I'm waiting on more deliveries.

I asked in the previous thread but it was 404d before I saw an answer this morning. Is the new N3HS rulebook comprehensive or do I need Both books?

You need both, think of HSN3 as more of an "expansion pack". Both rulebooks are free online.

You only need the books if you want the fluff and art otherwise the rules are free online.

HSN3 comprise of 2 books. A fluff book and HS rules. The fluff book have all the background lore for the Sectorial Armies, NOT a general overview like in N3 Core. And the rules book only has HS rules and unit profiles.

So if you're a completionist you'll need both N3 and HSN3

A vicious cycle

I still havent decided on a color scheme yet, but I look forward to them. For an long as I've been playing QK, I've never fielded Dekban. Was a little cautious because I kept hearing about how small they are, but the models arent bad at all. They're roughly the same height and scale. The new miniatures are just broader

I also ordered a Chain Colt and the AP Rifle models from Cho to get a little Haris team going.

An opponent of mine tried it. Haris. He didn't really like it. He still won tho.

It's worse when my painted:non painted ratio is about 1:20

I am using Dactyls as proxy for Devas in my Neoterra. I just ordered Acmon, and as a little prize for painting up my full tourney list I'm buying bountyhunter on motorbike :D.

Any previews from the mythical RPG so far?

From the kickstarter? Those have been sent out a long time ago.

Ack disregard that. I thought you were talking about the Miniatures. Derp

Haqqislam, Nomad, CA, Tohaa, and JSA Support Packs are fine. But everything else before the Tohaa starter could use a face lift.

i need some help. how do I make a list for the Biovore with the NCA sectorial?

Friendly reminder that Kaplans are now part of a far more popular brand.

Sounds good, Infinity need popularity.

One of the desperadoes too, but he forgot his bike.

Any fluff PDFs would be nice to have as well.

Take whatever makes you order efficient enough to get out of the Bio zones. Fusiliers are cheap enough that you can fit a Haris of ORCs. But all of their support weapons are long-ranged not and super suitable for midfield engagements. Bolts are more expensive and a little bit slower, but better equiped to deal with in midfield. Also they have a higher BTS in case they get stuck back. Locusts are your only Infiltrators, but very valuable for this type of mission. Use coordinated orders wisely.

Asked this in the previous thread but wasn't answered.

Am I able to make a core of just Unidrons? In the sectorial listing it shows just a regular Core label next to them with the specialty ones only listed with the Umbra and Nexus.

Rodok listing made me think that since they have two Core labels with one being special and the other normal.

yes, batroids are listed as core, with no asterisk, so you can have a 5 batroid link

Yes. You can make a core team of 5 Undrons. The Nexus and Umbra are just extra options. It's the same with Rodoks - an option for pure rodoks OR rodoks+samaritan.

>2 core teams
No, you can only bring 1 Core team per sectorial list no matter of how many team compositions are listed.

Ok, was making sure. Not too familiar with sectorials and a lot of the chatter of them was about sticking them to a nexus or umbra.

Rather just have five of the buggers.

I was pointing out that of the Rodoks. Not that you can take two, but that they have two options.

Though thanks for quick replies.

You can.

Is there a good consolidated wiki or something for all the fluff?

Ah, sorry. My bad. I misread your question.

Here's all the unit fluff:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/116M600ywaWJdYXm2UQAlt2ytcDo83q0Q-69PKYsG-rI/edit#gid=758906257

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Does any of you have your miniatures from the kickstarter? I'm still waiting for mine.
I have other physical products in my pledge too though, maybe they are planning to send it all at once.

I'M THINKING OF SETTING ONE UP

MAPS! MAPS OF HUMAN SPHERE AND HS PLANETS! GIVE PLS!

There's some maps in HS and a map of Acontecimento in RPG previews. Also a map of Paradiso was shown for Flamestrike.

Don't.

My modest collection of ISS so far. I repositioned the Pheasant's sword so it's not pointing out too much. Again, the Crane is huge. Taller than the new Janisarry and about the same height as Achilles Hoplite.

I had to take a break from Maggie, because the hull didnt line up properly. I had to grind down corners and carefully hammer the parts together

Got mine.

Bagh Mari!

data-sphere.net/may-preview-panoceania-bagh-mari/

Do you have any other physical things in your pledge too?
Because I swear if another package from Spain got lost in the mail...

everything Pan O looks the same, these look just like bolts

They all look really fucking good.

Nice.

So? Most helmeted Nomads have bulbheads and Morats are indistinguishable from each other to me. A unified look to a very regular army is nothing weird.

Bolts have a unique helmet shape, if anything Bagh Mari look more like Akalis without the grav chute. Doesn't change the fact that they look good.

>Stephen Rao operating tactically with his team, inching stealthily towards the enemy
>suddenly he hears shouting and heavy gunfire
>he pauses, trying to asses the situation
>suddenly he hears a loud cry: WAAAAGH!
>ORC Duo has engaged prematurely... Again

I don't think so, I just got a friend who backed for a big bundle, RPG stuff and all, to get me extra minis. IIRC they offered to send just the minis earlier at extra shipping cost or something.

Goddamn ORCs

Oh, I must have missed that.
I guess I'll wait for mine then. It's not like all my other stuff is painted and ready to go anyway.

Not bad. The duplicate poses on the grills is obvious, but at least they tried to compensate by making the arms and heads very different.

Bolts have 4 eyes and horns. These guys have 6 eyes and giant dildos sticking out of their heads.

Generally awesome. CB really has the PanO visuals down now; they look a little like Bolts (i.e. gorgeous), but are distinct enough to have their own identity.
That said, the open helmet is garbage. I'll need to replace that asap. Still got the helmet from the Indigo left over, that might work?

It really drives home the faction identity, I think. They are similar to most other PanO infantry, but their helmets make them distinct enough to be easily recognizable.

That's the problem with making a very distinct pose: it's easy to spot when it's duplicated.

At least it makes sense for both Bagh Mari.

Yeah, Indigo helmet looks almost the same.
I kinda like that it shows exactly how those helmets open though.

I actually like the open helmet. Especially all the little details around his face. It's also a nice callback to one of the original fusiliers. The problem is the pose. It looks like he's about to start dancing. I already plan on angling his gun arm up, and the knife out.

step-by-step paint guide when?

Looks like making a list with Bagh Mari, ORCs and Tikbalang would be impossible.

How's that for a bit top-heavy ASA list?

I really hope two more combirifle models are in the ASA new starter when that appears.

The starter will probably get the HMG model

Sounds likely. Gagh Mari HMG, 3 Regulars. Do you think they'll go with Montessa and Sikh again? They usually replace a unit or two with a new starter.

I think it's going to be all the same units just with different loadouts. Excepet for the Regulars. So 3 Regulars with Combi Rifle, Bagh Mari HMG, Akali BSG, and Montessa LT. The Montessa holding a Chain Colt and a sword, because CB will go the easy route by making a single model that covers every profile.

Maybe a new unit. Otherwise they'd need to put a Montesa and Akal in there. Nagas are ALEPH, AssGuards need an auxbot, Orcs are generic PanO, and a TAG in a starter just isn't going to happen.

>actually like the open helmet. Especially all the little details around his face.
I love it. Makes you think the armor could actually function in real life

Croc-man? Are there many starters with AD?

Besides the pose which I already plan in changing up...an annoying thing I just noticed is that he's got his knife out, but still has a knife sheathed and straped to his leg.