What are your thoughts on GMs that get romantically involved with their players?

What are your thoughts on GMs that get romantically involved with their players?

As long as it doesn't impact the game(s) negatively, I don't care.

If they've been dating for a while or are married. It's fine.
New relationship. Probably fine for a one shot or short campaign.

They all deserve the death penalty.

Everyone knows that players aren't intelligent enough to give consent.

My uncle started DMing a D&D campaign. One of the players had a wife who divorced him and ended up marrying my uncle. To this day he and his friend joke about it: "most DM's only steal your imaginary gold pieces, not your piece", and, "think of us as simply passing her around the gaming table- Fat Eddie's got next". She wasn't a player in that campaign, though, which is good, because my uncle would've built the entire thing around annoying her.

My GMs wife sometimes plays and he goes out of his way to fuck with her and piss her off. It's hilarious honestly.

I sigh, looking with world-weary eyes at the hollow sham of their blissfully ignorant smiles, knowing it will in all probability end badly and result in the GM or the player leaving the group.

It's going to vary from couple to couple.

I run a game for a group that includes my ex-girlfriend and everything's hunky dory because she's not a raging cunt and I'm not an asshole.

That my current girlfriend has no interest in the games beyond watching the sessions seems to help a lot, of course.

>you will never steal your friend's wife and stay bros
>you will never play tabletop games with Fat Eddie

The same way I feel about bosses that sleep with their employees:
It's only okay when it's a woman doing it.

Are you fucking serious?

>a repulsive, bigoted opinion posted by a 4channer
>a cause for surprise or alarm

i quit the group immediately

Done this twice now. I also made fake OKCupid profile of a girl who was dating our old GM, the relationship was on the rocks so I decided to send it to him and he actually ended up dumping her over it. Best day of my life. It was worth ruining the campaign, which was in Dungeon World RPG anyway so it's not like it was any good in the first place.

you are scum

Female GM getting involved with any:
Pity. It will never last. GMs have power and when a woman has power over her partner, her ovaries shrivel. Might be fun to spectate tho

Male GM getting involved with girl, is betamax numale "the only way to properly treat a woman is to respect her all the time and never make her unhappy" type:
Hilarious trainwreck incoming. Definitely gonna watch.

Male GM getting involved with girl, is a typical "I have my own desires and boundaries, they will not be compromised for the pussy" type:
I wish them well. I hope they make a lovely couple. Might give Male GM advice on how to groom the gf.

Male GM getting involved with male, monogamous masculine:
Not really my thing. Stay out of the way and continue games as normal.

Male GM getting involved with male, promiscuous sissy:
Abandon fucking ship, get the fuck out of there, grab my stuff and leave, jesus christ an AIDS, get in the lion.

>Everyone knows that players aren't intelligent enough to give consent.
Neither are women but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NOT SO FAST!

*replies to your post*

TWO can be caught by this hook!

For agreeing to play Dungeon World at all? Yes.

You've got a whole system going on there. Had lots of experience?

All my gm's and players are male, so not something I have any experience with.

Only with #1, #2, and #5.

>bigoted
nice meme word my friend

>jesus christ an AIDS, get in the lion.
>get in the lion
???

#1 was a bit of a shame. But I suppose there really wasn't anything that either party could've done.

#2 was fucking hilarious. Yes the campaign crashed and burned. 8/10 would gladly do it again

No #3. Hope it happens.

No #4. Not sure what I'd do if it happens, probably try to continue game as normal

#5 I actually saw a mile away and gtfo'd hella early. Didn't even check to see what happened to the group.
But from what I've seen on /v/, on Roll20, and on twitch chats, promiscuous homosexuality is an all consuming black hole that converts everything it touches into more of itself, and blocks or bans what it cannot convert.
>literally the definition of bigotry
I know. But shit, I'm allowed to NOT LIKE THING, aren't I?

Instead of in the van.

Homosexuality is wrong and women shouldn't be allowed to roleplay so It's bad

YO OLDFAGS WHO UP

>:3

I dunno.

It's just a game bro. Even if someone's suboptimal or incorrect in the rest of their life, they might as well play it.

My group includes my husband, but it has never been a problem. They are all fairly new to tabletop, I'm the only one with any experience, so there is no reason to give him any special treatment. He's easy to please and the group has worked well so far.

Husband (Male) or Husband (Female)?

That's how I feel about pedophilia too :3

But there are many ways that a woman can be involved in pedophilia!

Using capitals to represent adults:

Mw
mW
Ww
ww
mw

vs. ways that pedophilia does not involve a woman:

Mm
mm

Dumbass

It's okay I'm gay and I agree with your observations

What? Husbands can be Female! They just need to have a masculine vagina.

We're both males.

Oh!

So are you Wife (Male) or Husband (Male)?

Girls aren't women and men aren't boys

Good

Oh so you specifically like Wm and Ww?

Cool.

Personally I can get behind WW, Ww, ww, W (solo) or w (solo).

Women aren't people

Cancer
It rarely works out

The only time it's half okay is when they were already in a relationship but unless they've been together for 5+ years it can still be bad

The person that responded wasn't me, the original poster. We are both male, though. If anything he's the husband and I'm the wife (male).

I just can't get behind loli on loli
They need a big tittied woman manipulating them

>< wife (male) is bad!
You should be Husband (male) instead!

I responded for you cause I knew I was right.

I'm just confused now. We're married dudes, that's what matters.

Romance doesn't exist. It's just Alpha males dominating women while beta males watch.

Doubt it, I'd never have gotten any women then.

Yeah, men can't keep shit separate and end up fucking it up.
Women on the other hand are more serious and professional, they can have a professional and sentimental/sexual relationship with the same person where men can't.

DON'T. JUST DON'T.
If your GM has his girlfriend at the table, do a 360 and moonwalk out of there. Favoritism is never not going to be an issue.

This is really bad bait

Do you just make up these cuck stories to trigger /pol/tards or is this true?

Why aren't cucks shot on sight?

Good for them.

Because chucks are hilarious and their absolutely pitiful, disgusting nature makes me simultaneously furious, jovial and horny. Srsly, these days I'm more attracted to the cuck than the girl sometimes because they're so pathetic and weak

In theory, I'm fine with it. I'm not actually worried about favoritism, but i find the interaction to get to meta, and actual relationships may conflate with character motives. Like, I don't mind getting pissed at my friends in character, and I expect the same back. When a girlfriend is there, the submersion is lost, and now we're just hanging out; which is cool and all, but isn't really the RPG I'm pooling my time, energy, and immersion into.

Because they don't bring harm upon anyone but themselves. The only people that logically would be offended by this are closet cucks that are projecting their self loathing.

I don't think anyone is intelligent enough to give consent.

Demi-god's quads friend.

Do you know how many aristocrats would have been killed if that were the case?

This. Most people are unqualified to to even handle their own economy. What chances do they have with any kind of healthy relationship?

>cucks accept this behaviour in their partners and make them think this is normal
>somehow that wouldn't hurt all relationships dynamics
A fetish they keep to themselves is their own business, but if they allow their partner to treat them like shit, they're enabling those individuals and their future partners will have to put up with it or find a way to repare the damage.
It even causes problems around them ; other people might see their power dynamics and start thinking it's acceptable to be filthy abusive cheats.
Nothing exists in a vacuum, user.

I'm my groups forever DM and my Girlfriend plays with us. Her and I actually started the group. No one complains and I dont give her any special treatment. We've been dating for about 4 years. Sometimes she'll try to "fall" for an DMPC but I usually end up killing them off or shutting her down. I dont like sex at the table, if you want to dirty roleplay we can do it in the bedroom.

I've been dating one of my players for 6 years, it's fine

>DM starts showing off with Mary Sue DMPC
That's hilariously pathetic. Like, if you were writing a shitty, interpersonal drama movie about roleplaying games, that's the kind of thing that would happen.

Is the hobby really full of so many pushovers that shit like this could happen without other members of the group getting pissed off?

Not just pushovers, but also groups that are so thirsty for a DM that they'll tolerate anything. I am hassled by troves of hideous creatures on a weekly basis that want me to run campaigns for them because they go to the same FLGS as some of my players, etc.

This isn't a "tooting my own horn" kind of deal either. I'm not that great and I tend to run very specific kinds of games. But literally no one wants to DM, and especially not the weird/creepy shit some of these people want to play.

bump

My group broke up because the DM had to be a little bitch about a player breaking up with him. I'm going to start a campaign with my boyfriend in the group, if things go south woth him I won't pull that shit.

>#2 was fucking hilarious. Yes the campaign crashed and burned. 8/10 would gladly do it again
If you're still there user, may I request a story time?

I'd say it's worse when players date players. I had a campaign going for about a year when one of my guys asked me to let his girl join in. Fair enough, I knew the chick, descent enough girl, kind of a tomboy but not the annoying kind. She does great for the first few games, plays an elf rouge with focus on daggers and throwing knives, sucked at locks and traps though, still good in combat. Any ways, after a while she ask to bring in some of her friends and I unfortunately agree. She brings her feminist lesbo work pal and the girliest chubby gay guy she could find. Chubby bro was fine, rolled a paladin and did good, but the feminazi, dear god, she had to ruin everything. She decided to play a high elf sorceress with a royal blood line, and she decreed that she was the leader of the party from now on, everyone went along with it just so she would shut up. Eventually it got to the point to were no one but her, chubby bro, girlfriend, and bro showed up out of the nine players we had. Not really the fault of girlfriend, but, everyone but bro blames her for brining feminazi to ruin the fun.

>nine players
Bringing in more players was a mistake, but not just because of how they acted

I've had games with twelve before, it's always gone smoothly for me.

"Here we go again."

>9 players
> -4 new players
>started with 5

Yeah you were at capacity already, taking on more players at that point at all was a bad idea.

I'm in a game with 7 players at the moment and it's going well and I don't think the GM is having any problems with it but dividing the spotlight between 7 players does mean spending a car bit if time not doing anything