Kantai Collection Quest: Pacific Strike 34

Twitter: twitter.com/MercCommand

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Kantai Collection Pacific Strike

Other Quests: pastebin.com/sYpqmWZg

You are the former United States Navy warship USS HOEL, now returned as a shipgirl and ready to kick Abyssal ass!

Currently, you were sitting in a slightly cramped conference room with the rest of your Task Force, along with a veritable army of officers and suits from various law enforcement, security, intelligence, and military agencies, including the Captain. Thankfully, the Fletchers were isolated from the rest of the crowd, cordoned into a corner of the table between North Carolina and Portland to ensure they didn't get into trouble. However, the presence of all these high ranking men was enough to cow them into silence. Even the smaller destroyer girls could sense the anxiety and tension hanging over the room.

The other shipgirls, like your sisters, San Diego, White Plains, and Haida were trying to stay as calm as possible.

Naturally, tensions were high since just a few hours ago, a group of men tried to attack the President, or the Constitution, or maybe both. Thanks to the efforts of you and your task force, you managed to thwart the attack rather easily, but it's left quite a lot of people shaken up.

"All right, I suppose it's time to get this debriefing started." The Captain coughs and stands to break the ice. "Before we start, does anybody have any questions?"

>Ask where the President is.
>Ask what's going on outside now.
>Let the Captain continue.

>Ask what's going on outside now

Live, from Veeky Forums, it's FRIDAY NIGHT
This week, war thunder adds ATGMs, world of warships adds more Arpeggio missions, and world of tanks becomes rocket (tanks) league

>>Ask what's going on outside now.
Since I'm pretty sure that POTUS's location is now on a need-to-know basis (i.e., "aboard Air Force One circling over Ohio").

>Let the Captain continue.

>>Let the Captain continue.
let hear what they have for now before asking any question.

"And by Air Force One we mean his personal jet fighter. No, please don't ask anymore..."

So Merc, how long was posting down for? I didn't even notice, but I was on another board skimming shit...

At least half an hour.

Everywhere or just Veeky Forums?

>>Ask what's going on outside now.

everywhere

So how many think the POTUS has a bit of Roosevelt blood in them?

Posting went down about 9:20 EST and came back up roughly an hour plus change later
Apparently, blocking a nation's IPs cut off a ddos that was wrecking the servers

Wow. Hell of a way to stop a ddos.

"You wanna put out an oil fire, Sir, you set off a bigger explosion right next to it. Sucks away the oxygen. Snuffs the flame. "

Anyone got an idea which nation got hit with the hammer?

Someone said its Russia. Not sure if its true.

"Um, I got a question." You raise your hand, and are instantly met with the stares of dozens of pairs of eyes from the older men in the room. Your hear stops for a brief second, but you remind yourself that you're a shipgirl, and not just any regular girl and power through your anxiety. "We got whisked away pretty quick after that whole thing. What's going on outside?"

"Chaos. It can simply be said to be chaos." The Captain sighs. "Boston, and the entire state of Massachusetts, really, has been completely locked down, and security alerts have been raised nationwide. An assassination attempt on the President of the United States, especially in a time of war, is not to be taken lightly."

"However, we are doing our best to mitigate the damage." One of the gathered men adds in.

"I'm not sure how wise the tactic is, though." The Captain sighs as he turns on the projector screen. Almost immediately, you see stills and recorded footage of the battle plastered all over every news channel and website.

"Is that...?" Portland gasps.

"That's correct." The Captain nods. "We've released the footage of all of you fighting to protect the President to the public to try and reassure everybody that everything was under control."

(cont)

You catch a flash of Kidd running back and forth on the deck of a large yacht, swinging her cutlass wildly and laughing maniacally as terrorists fleeing her literally jumped overboard into the water to escape. You see Luce, Wren, and Daly silently fistbumping Kidd at the sight of that clip.

"That's the second highest trending clip." Someone chuckles.

"WHAT?!" Kidd shoots straight up and plants a foot on the table, her uncovered eye blazing with fury. "I WENT AND CAPTURED AN ENTIRE SHIP AND ITS BOOTY FOR MESELF! WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE COOLER THAN THAT?!"

"This." The Captain sighs as he points to another clip of Portland 'carrying' the President to safety as he rode on her heavy cruiser rig with the stupidest, most childish smile on his face.

Almost immediately the temperature in the room rises as steam is literally pouring out of Portland's ears.

"T-they recorded that...?" She whimpered, her glasses already fogging over.

>EXPLODE THIS ROOM WITH NO SURVIVORS
>DAMAGE CONTROL!
>Other

>>EXPLODE THIS ROOM WITH NO SURVIVORS
Portland likes older men~

Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>Other
Roll 1d20 to not laugh

Also,
>DAMAGE CONTROL!

so why is this here and not ?

>>DAMAGE CONTROL!
We do need to get the rest of the briefing in. Portland bursting a boiler would rather hinder that.

>DAMAGE CONTROL!

They will expect one of us in the wreckage, brother.

>Other
Give Portland a hug. Taunt her later.

MUST PRESS BUTTONNNNN
Can we taunt her to explode as we hug her?

Is this all part of your plan?

>>DAMAGE CONTROL!

>>DAMAGE CONTROL!

>watch as Portland tries to explain to the captain "it was a one time thing", before catching herself.

Okay, this is merc, I'm having weird posting issues right now I'm trying to figure them out right now.

Test

THE CHINESE ARE COMING AFTER OUR MAY-MAYS!

..NC is the one into the Captain.
Okay. We will wait warmly.

"Well," You grin, "Sweet Pea always did have a thing for older men like the Admiral"

>Roll 1d20

Grave Robber?

Rolled 18 (1d20)

RIP Hoel.

Rolled 17 (1d20)

Fucking word filter, man.

Rolled 15 (1d20)

>Portland the Graverobber

well, we are succeed but i am not sure what we are succeeded in.

What?
Nice rolls all around though.

I think it was succeeding in not fucking up the joke and getting thrown out

So who thinks this isn't just a simple assassination attempt by some regular nutjobs, but actually a SHADOWRUN tier plot?

The scale seems quite grand enough to dismiss its just a nutjob work. But it crude enough for SHADOWRUN, unless they expecting the shipgirls to foil this attempt and their real plan is somewhere else.....
like LOOK AT THAT GOOFY GRIN, WOULD YOU LEAVE THIS NATION FUTURE ON MAN LIKE THIS?

As long as a certain someone isn't sending assassins pumped up with Abyssal/Artificial Shipgirl juice to get a new president into office, I think we'll be fine.

Holy shit if these posting errors are related to some word filter I'm going to stab someone.

Looks like whoever locked the site down 3 hours ago is back with a proxy

Welp, posting as an image because fucking word filter.

>What kind of groups?

Meh, the pic works.

>What kind of group
>other
to FBI rep: "Do you need help to make them talking? Maybe we could help. Somehow".

>What kind of groups?

What's the word filter doing?

>What kind of groups?

>What kind of groups?

>What kind of groups?

>What kind of groups?

>Abyssal/Artificial Shipgirl juice

Wouldn't surprised if they decided to inject themselves with a perfected version to test the effects.

>What kind of groups?

>Their personality starts changing to be more 'open
>Facial features become fair, and smoother, and they decide to change their appearance

Ugh, it looks like this is going to become a running trend tonight.

>The WHAT?!

>You know, I'm somehow not surprised.

>Somehow I'm not even surprised
let me guess eco-guilt or just general misanthropy

>THE WHAT?

We now them better than anyone, probably.

Hoel is like 20% Abyssal sympathiser. 100% if you count Woel.

Oh god, I hope Woel doesn't get dragged into the Sympathizer group because she looks sorta like them.

>The WHAT?!

>The WHAT?!

>Somehow, not surprised

There's always the extremely unlikely possibility of her being led into a not really threatening group of tryhards and edgelords.

The only place she's getting dragged into is a maid cafe.

>The WHAT?!

Went to HMCS Haida on Sunday, definitely worth a visit if you're nearby.

>Cafe full of tryhards and edgelords

Woel'll probably get a promotion from the publicity

I'm starting to get real tired of this shit.

>Check on Portland

I'm honestly curious because I didn't see anything wrong with your earlier post, what is the word filter doing, I mean besides the obvious.

>Sure thing.

>Sure thing.

>Sure thing.

>Sure thing

>Sure thing

>Check on Portland

Maybe it doesn't like the FBI?

>Sure thing.

Probably the site acting up again. Wouldn't be the dumbest thing it's done this evening

>Sure thing

I thinking it's something to do with posting length.

Sigh...

>Oh! How's she doing?

It'll be fixed....eventually.

>The what and what?

>The what and what?