Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Support Classes Edition

How are you a credit to your party, /pfg/?

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing
paizo.com/threads/rzs2lqq4&page=2?Wayfinder-Clear-Spindle-Ioun-Stone#78
paizo.com/threads/rzs2pl9q&page=2?Prot-Evil-FAQ-ruling-and-resonant-Clear#62
docs.google.com/document/d/1nx-o8VAjhUwh3nnfzDQT-JA5eFLnN_BZJiBitGjBMDg/edit#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for OP is a faggot for making a new thread on page 6.

Thread is on freefall anyways. Wanna stay on the sinking ship? Be my guest.

>Life-centric Incanter with a level in Vitalist for the heal-shunting collective
HEROES. NEVER. DIE.

Ok, tossing this here again in an attempt to get more feedback. If it's not your thing, feel free to ignore. Sorry it's turned up a few times but I've hit a stalling point where I'm not really getting anywhere further without feedback.

docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing

A Harbinger Archetype based on firearms and alchemical items (Though not limited to them). Feedback is highly appreciated.

Still very much in alpha though. I'm a bit unsure on the damage of Minefield and if the wording of various abilities are any good.

Literally no reason to make a new one until page 9, FAGGOT.

>Literally no reason to make a new one ever because we're nothing but a hotbed of hate and autism
Why do we even still exist

>Privateer Stalker / Gunsmoke Mystic with Solar Wind, Thrashing Dragon and Veiled Moon

Die! Die! Die!

We form a pool to collect a disproportionate percentage of the hatred and vitriol in the world, sparing someone, somewhere, from being exposed to it. We're all heroes, really.

>How are you a credit to your party, /pfg/?

I kill everything in a maelstrom of steel, fists and blood.

A good offense is the best defense. Especially if there's nothing left to defend against.

Symphogear: Mecha or Mahou Shoujo?

I give the party a 50% discount on magical gear.

Have you given your local blinkling shota a walk yet?

Rayearth: Mecha or Mahou Shoujo?

Both. Mecha Musume and Mahou Shoujo.
Same with Nanoha

ironically its to your advantage in that game to sell shit to your adventurer buddies for cheap / straight up give it away so they have better equipment and you can get more loot

fuck everyone else though price gouge the shit out of them, buy shit low sell it high obtain MAD PROFITS

Given that blinklings are toddler-sized, no, I would be arrested, and you should be too.

Rayearth never gets Mecha Musume

They literally have giant magic robots i got nothin

GUYS HOW DO WE RUN A RAYEARTH CAMPAIGN

HOW CAN I JUSTIFY MY PARTY HAVING MECHA

Clear Spindle resonance is kinda broken.
At a low, low cost of 4500 gp, you get constant immunity to all mind control and possession effects ever.
How is this balanced?

>HOW CAN I JUSTIFY MY PARTY HAVING MECHA

I dig giant robots!

>my DM bans crafting
>50% off on magical loot is broken, son

Awoooo?

>This second effect only functions against spells and effects created by evil creatures or objects, subject to GM discretion.

It's 'As protection from evil'

How'd your last session go, /pfg/

Our Kitsune got drugged and molested.
We couldn't protect his fluffy tail.

The resonant effect doesn't say it only applies vs evil and it has no reason whatsoever to be alignment specific. It merely says it functions the same way as protection from evil and that way is "LOL NOPE"

Yes, it works as protection from evil and that way is 'Only vs evil'. It wouldn't reference the spell in how it works if it didn't work as the spell.

>Clear spindle: Protection from possession and mental control (as protection from evil).
>Second, the subject immediately receives another saving throw (if one was allowed to begin with) against any spells or effects that possess or exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment [charm] effects and enchantment [compulsion] effects, such as charm person, command, and dominate person). This saving throw is made with a +2 morale bonus, using the same DC as the original effect. If successful, such effects are suppressed for the duration of this spell. The effects resume when the duration of this spell expires. While under the effects of this spell, the target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target. This spell does not expel a controlling life force (such as a ghost or spellcaster using magic jar), but it does prevent them from controlling the target.

This is what it refers to. There's no reason for alignment to matter to a god damn Ioun stone.

You forgot the last line of that very paragraph.

>This second effect only functions against spells and effects created by evil creatures or objects, subject to GM discretion.

You can houserule otherwise but it says nothing about ignoring that part of the spell.

That is not a part of how it functions.
It's a restriction that is specific to the spell, but makes no fucking sense for the Ioun stone.
Either way, even if that restriction is in place, the resonant effect is stupid strong for the price for PC's in a good campaign or NPC's in an evil campaign.

No slot magic item that do Continous protection against evil is only 4,000gp.

paizo.com/threads/rzs2lqq4&page=2?Wayfinder-Clear-Spindle-Ioun-Stone#78

Here you go user. It only works against evil.

A 4th-level peri-blooded tactician can use Collective Defenses as a swift action grant the entire party a stupendously high insight bonus to AC for virtually every encounter of the adventuring day.

Charisma modifier +3 is enough to cover the duration of the average encounter.

>That is not a part of how it functions.

Yes it is. It is a part of the spell so that's how it functions.

paizo.com/threads/rzs2pl9q&page=2?Prot-Evil-FAQ-ruling-and-resonant-Clear#62

This too

But that makes no fucking sense whatsoever.
The Ioun stone has no alignment, it's a god damn stone. It doesn't even have an int score, making it TN for all intent and purposes.

Evil and Good are not subjective in PF, user.
Its actually a quantitative thing based on the strength of your aura in the eyes of anyone with discern alignment.

So? It emulates the spell, so it works like the spell.

Evil and Good makes no difference for a god damn STONE.

Sure, but Wayfinders are half-understood ancient artifacts reverse-engineered by the Pathfinder Society. You think they want an infinite Protection from Good to fall into.. ANYONE'S hands?

You could say the same for a LOT of magic items that do/don't work for various alignments.

The spell isn't operating based off what the stone thinks.

It's using magic like protection from evil.

Just like a wand of protection from evil doesn't have an alignment, but it still protects from evil.

>Evil and Good make no difference for a god damn HOLY SWORD.
Come off it. Plenty of magic items have alignment based effects. This is just one of many.

>You think they want an infinite Protection from Good to fall into.. ANYONE'S hands?
Based on the general attitude of the Pathfinder Society leadership, I would think that infinite Protection from Good would be great for them, at least.

Hey /pfg/ what would you say is the most difficult AP? My group just finished my campaign and I'm totally burned out after having all of my encounters fucking steamrolled.

And they almost certainly have it and don't want it publicized

all of Paizo's APs are easy as fuck by design save for like one or two.

If you want an AP to be a challenge, you have to modify it yourself. They're built to be easy enough that anyone can complete them.

What would be something good to gestalt with for an unchained rogue who focuses on nonlethal sneak attacks with unarmed strikes (so I can switch between nonlethal and lethal without interruption)? I was thinking Brawler, since it should make my build a lot less feat intensive and give bonuses to stuff i was already going to do. Should I go Snakebite Striker or not bother? I don't know about giving up Martial Flexibility...

I've heard its Rise of the Runelords.

I would seriously reccomend just writing your own encounters if you want shit to be tough.

In groups giant frogs/toads in their various forms are usually pretty scary, since they can capture and seperate the party with their powerful grappling/swallow whole.

Always make sure to have monsters waiting to jump out or be summoned when traps go off. Punish those people for falling into the pit or getting hit by arrows or being paralyzed by immediately ambushing them.

Never, ever, EVER let a caster exist that doesn't have something inbetween the caster and the party. All it takes is one fighter to say "i roll to grapple" and suddenly your caster is completely silenced and his AoO really won't do shit to that fighter. At higher levels flying, freedom of movement etc can fill similar roles but your casters at high level probably already had shit like that.

If your players just kill everything no matter how defensive they are start using monsters that do stuff when they die, like explode. Burn the rich class war now. It can also be worthwhile to use invisibility or incorporeality rather than defenses in these situations, but remember players will adapt to them pretty quick.

Pit traps and webs never, ever, ever get old. Homebrew new versions of the pit trap to continuously harass your players, like reverse gravity pits that take players up or pits that get deeper every turn.

how would you suggest to make them a bit tougher

Just a few more enemies or upping the HP?

>Pit traps never get old
>Make new pit traps
>It is revealed that the BBEG is not actually a runelord
>it is none other than THE HOLECHEMIST! ALCHEMIST OF HOLES!

>gestalt
>gestalting 2 martial classes

At least they are not both full BAB...

Anyway, putting that aside, you should check with your DM if those will even stack. PF doesn't have an official Gestalt ruleset as far as I know, but progressions of abilities supposedly don't stack going by the 3rd edition rules, but that was always somewhat of a murky one.

I think SBS gives up way too much, and is really only worth it for the 1 level dip if you go arcane trickster.

Unchained Monk would still give you some of the feats you need for that build. Cavalier with Order of the Hammer would be interesting but probably not good. Still you could try and teach your horse stealth and make people question how a man on a horse broke into their mansion silently.
Upping the HP would solve literally nothing and should never be done. In most cases adding new traps, terrain features and powerful enemy types would be the better idea. A golem here or there, a devil in another place, a zombie giant animal etc.

Isn't that actually a paizo archetype now?
It looked so bad but it got my dick rock hard.

None of them, really. They're designed so that first-time players running a core Fighter, Rogue, Wizard and Cleric (badly optimised ones at that) can beat them without too much difficulty while operating on a 15 PB.

Any halfway competent group will flatten an AP. The vast majority of them can be soloed.

so a few more enemies, maybe vary enemy capabilities when appropriate, got it

Yep. The archetype was the ORIGIN of Holechemist.

It's an alchemist whose entire thing is INSTANT HOLES.

I would but due to character reasons I'm nonlawful I also don't want to steal the existing Monk PC's thunder more than i already do

Its sad that this alchemist's entire raison d'etre is made inconsequential against enemies that can fly or are larger than the hole.

i try to be the voice of reason among a band of lunatics.
Being the Shortest and having one eye doesn't help in the slightest.

Then do the cavalier thing. STEALTH HORSE. EXTRA NONLETHAL DAMAGE TO PUNCHES! FREE GRAPPLES! Then take Throat Crusher and... is a nonlethal coup de grace possible?

I don't think anyone outside of DSP wants to associate with DSP. DSP doesn't have a strong reputation among other publishers.

Also they did push Ultimate Psionics pretty hard ages ago.

What is this about?

He's like one of those bizzare batman villains like Calendar Man.

But then you underestimate them and BAM.

HOLE.

So which one of you faggots was the short-bus idiot trying to tell the Dev that their interpretation of their own rules were "Houserules"?

who cares.

Redesign the encounters. Less fights with a single enemy, more fights against either squads of opponents with different roles or powerful enemies with support. It's also probably a good idea to rebuild NPCs instead of using Paizo's (they end up as really gimpy treasure fountains).

yeah i wasn't gonna use their treasure that well but i'm cool with that, more fights with groups, because single enemies are easy to swamp down and kill.

funny thing
Batman Rebirth AKA that new DC reboot, has Calendar Man as a metahuman. He dies over the course of the year only to return stronger and smarter every time. His new M.O. is trying to cause a global climate shift so he can attempt to be reborn more and more frequently.

That... actually sounds kinda cool. Huh.

Honestly, its dumb.
Batman figured that if Calendar Man naturally dies and reborns at least 40 earth cycles, he'd be as strong as superman.

What does the Dark Knight do against such a threat? "I don't kill"

How hard is it to have a AP played gestalt?

>HOW CAN I JUSTIFY MY PARTY HAVING MECHA
The setting already has golems, right?
Scale up the magic involved, and you're good.

>mad as fuck and in denial about how it works.

About that, fun fact: did you know that the Holechemist stacks with Trap Breaker? And that with the Expansive Trap Ability feat one could potentially create a 20-foot tall zone that activates, say, a Force bomb that knocks the target prone? Pr a Void Bomb or Blackstar Bomb that repels the creature to the ground?

Learn how to GM.

that would be the goal yes

I am shit at it

I would like to learn to be less shit.

Listen to then.

Or even better:
docs.google.com/document/d/1nx-o8VAjhUwh3nnfzDQT-JA5eFLnN_BZJiBitGjBMDg/edit#

You should have a good idea on how to challenge your players. If they're using bullshit exploits stop that shit. If they're using initiators/maneuvers/magic then you need to arm your enemies with that too.

Don't be afraid to make up your own shit, etc.

Sounds good

i'm mostly just using the AP for general plot points and also maps

glorious maps

Oh, how original. You called him a faggot... And would you look at that! You even used caps to show how super mad and serious you were.

That's exactly what they're for too, just templates really. You can re-fluff or re-calibrate them for any story or party level. You should never run an AP exactly as is unless your PCs are using Valeros and the gang.

Can DSP accuse Ultimate Psi of plagiarism? Cos that shit's not on, that's intellectual property theft

>OGL
They can't do shit.

Ult Occult*

That's fucked up

I Golden Lion, Silver Crane, and guardian's shield my friends, with protector familiar being a bro too.
It wasn't enough though.

Our Grippli Druid was melted alive as our Warder dragged my paladin, kicking and screaming, to safety.
Not another dead friend.

Oradin was killed when we all failed Ref saves against a pretty nasty AoE spell.

>gold animal
>silver bird
We need a Bronze fish disc.

There IS no Swim-based one yet... Brass Koi, focused around unpredictable movements and vertical aerobatics?

Copper Carp? Free idea for you DSP devs if you do a Lords of the Mermaids!

>checking out Mesmerist
>hey what's this trick
>Umbral Shield
>makes the target immune to harmful effects from sunlight or bright light for 1 minute
>MFW

Did anyone have a cursory read of Ult Occult, decide it was fucking garbage and a waste of storage and not bother with it any more?

Hey pfg. does anyone have a list of civic functions that a city would have to administrate over? Things like security, agriculture, and the likes. Need info for a setting I'm working on.

>Lords of the Mermaids

They're never going to do that because the Lords of the _________ series is all about ripping off World of Darkness gamelines (Lords of the Night = Vampire, Lords of the Wild = Werewolf, Lords of the Mists = Changeling).

In the reviews section for Ultimate Occult, what would happen if anons called the devs out for their bullshit?
Would Paizo wipe all evidence of that because the whinying fat, oversensitive fuckers complained?

why do you care so much

A lot of what cities do today was never dreamed of being possible back in the 14th century

Cities back then basically took your money for the privilege of living there and selling goods, occasionally funded public works projects (sewers and roads) and ran the local military branch as a combination of law enforcement and actual army

hoe does on Roadhog?

How do I diplomancer?

Yeah, cities today only administrate so many things because they are now the arm of the nation-state, an institution that uses its monopoly on violence to justify control of everything. If adventurers exist in a given society, it probably is not a nation state, since they are a walking example of violence the state doesn't control/justify.

Augunas, is that you?