Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Dogs Edition

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata soon??? 's what I heard anyway

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E_qvy82U4RE
youtu.be/AnaQXJmpwM4
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/skald/archetypes/paizo---skald-archetypes/battle-scion-skald-archetype
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/book-of-marvelous-recipes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wanna ride a corgi as a mount!

>undertale OP
I thought I told you furfags to fuck off.

Oh quit being a jerk and learn to be excellent instead.

Who honestly cares about your opinion, user? Your parents? People can enjoy what they want to.

And what does your comment have to do with PF? I didn't know you were the supreme arbiter of all of what is allowed on Veeky Forums. Clearly we must all bow before your supreme and objectively superior tastes

Now, getting back to Pathfinder, who here has ever had any experiences with Sahuagans, or any other freaky fish folk?

I think that might be difficult for the average corgi.

>First time DMing.
>Have no idea what I'm doing.
>No notes, little understanding of the campaign, only just finished copying half of the characters down.
>Friend offers to help if needed.
>Brush it off, say it's cool.
>Friend invites new people.
>One of them is a cute girl.
>They'll be here in an hour.
I feel like I'm having an episode here.

Have all the monsters pulled up in tabs on a laptop/phone. Make sure to have everything ready. Run the adventure as best you can and ask for honest feedback at the end of the game. Take everything they say to heart

After that give yourself more time to prepare the game, get everything ready as soon as you feasibly can so you don't have to worry about it. Still take feedback at the end of every game.

just chill
Remember. They can't see your DM notes. They don't know what the story is supposed to be. If you fuck up, just roll with it. They won't know the difference unless you tell them.

>What notes?

Jeez, winging it much? I get that some GMs can pull an engaging, multi-faceted adventure out of their ass in five minutes notice, but you really should have gotten some help or put more work into it.

That said, if you really don't think you can hack it with what you've got right now, you can always download a pdf. Otherwise, take some deep breaths, and calm the fuck down. It's just a game, and everyone's there to have fun.

Has anyone ever made a D&D class that's centered around nonlethal combat and/or pacifism?

There's an archetype of the rogue for nonlethal damage and intimidation, but not pacifism.

Also, it'd be quite cuckish in D&D, tbqh, it's a glorified wargame at heart. Just play a NPC adept who owns a bar and be the other PCs' bitchboy IC and OOC or something.

I believe that is called a truenamer.

There are monk archetypes, some feats, and I think the Constable Cavalier can do some of that stuff. Plus the Merciful enchantment isn't too expensive, and having a good Cha and skill points to diplomance problems away also helps

Nah, truenamer is great if you don't mind cheese, and they're broken when they get gate at will at like level 19 or 20, but who's not broken by then other than martials.

There was a homebrew pacifist class I had bookmarked, but the author quit the wiki because of an admin having a major attitude problem.

It basically imposed negative levels via sunders, disarms, and avoiding attacks.

Question on grappling rules for the pros.
Say I have Rapid Grappler and Kraken Style chain of feats. I also have grab from the Tetori monk archetype.
On the round following a grapple, I can then make 3 checks: 1 as a move, 1 as a standard, and 1 as a swift (-5 penalty). Each check does grab damage (2d8 atm) in addition to moving/pinning/attacking.
So, a full round grapple could be check 1 -> grab damage -> Kraken damage -> pin. Check 2-> grab damage -> Kraken damage -> attack damage. Check 3 (-5) -> grab damage -> Kraken damage -> attack damage.
With Pinning Knockout, the regular (non-grab) attacks from grapple can be doubled if they are non-lethal.

Is this correct?

>tfw harbinger looks like an amazingly fun class to play as
>reading it's fluff makes me feel like an edgy faggot
>typically only ever play some kind of lawful good or neutral good happy characters because playing anything else is difficult for me
How do I play a non-edgy Harbinger?

Did you try not playing an edgy harbinger? I imagine it's fairly easy.

If negative energy drains life, why does it heal undead? Shouldn't it drain their life too? If positive energy gives life, why does it harm undead? Shouldn't it give them life too?

Turn Undead or Improved Channel?

>being this much of a stupid cuck
Negative and positive are exactly that, negative and positive. They're polar opposites. Life runs on positive, negative fucks it up. Undeath runs on negative, positive fucks it up.

Oh please don't do this again. We answered you days ago, but you just went into an autistic rage about how our logic is wrong and you are the smartest person ever for pointing this out.

Undead don't HAVE life. That's why they're undead and not alive.

You could be comically defensive about your edginess.

Either is alright, but channeling builds are doomed to be bad from the start anyway.

I fucked up /pfg/

One of my players wanted to invite his little sister who has never played a tabletop game before to my campaign, so I told her to go ahead and join us for our session last night. The problem was, the way our story was going, last night's session was entirely devoted to a massive battle that they'd begun heading to the week before. And this battle took the ENTIRE session.

So I basically made this little girl who didn't even know what an initiative was beforehand sit through six hours of pure combat. I tried to include roleplaying in the encounter and make things generally interesting, but the poor kid looked immensely bored throughout the entire thing. I realized early on I should've just told her to wait till next week so we could get this out of the way first and then move on to more fun rp shenanigans, but I did not.

I probably singlehandedly ruined her entire impression of tabletop gaming and I feel like complete shit.

Anyone wanna make me feel better by telling stories of times you've also fucked up as a GM?

like pic related
Mr. Rogers is also a popular choice

Why didn't you just run a oneshot instead?

I do not believe pinning knockout functions on the check you make as a move action to maintain the grapple. Only one where you deal nonlethal damage with an unarmed strike or weapon.

I would also see about getting the Final Embrace line if you can get constrict. So every strike also constricts, you'll still knock them out.

This has been an ongoing campaign for a while now, but one of my players just left for vacation so we wanted someone else to join us. All of my other players were excited to go into this battle; they're all fairly experienced and they like making use of all their tricks and skills in combat settings. But for new players who are still unfamiliar with any of the rules or things they can do, combat can be really unfun. It certainly was for me when I was new. And I just made this girl sit through the longest combat encounter that ever has happened or will happen in any of my games. God damn it, I'm retarded. I just hope she's willing to give me another chance next week.

Look just make a bunch of encounters that you can pull out anywhere. Have the encounters on average contain a swift hard-to-hit enemy, a strong fat enemy, a magic enemy, and another of the three. They can be monsters or humanoids, whatever you need.

Channeled Revival or Reactive Healing?

It's a pretty dangerous game, but I'm sitting back and being a healslut, but I could be in danger if things turn to me.

One teammate has an absolute ridiculous undead horde. Like...I've never been in a game this unbalanced to one player before.

Can you not use Reactive Healing just for the heal component (ie Breath of Life just to heal/to damage to undead?)

>tfw no game
Man, I wish I could play. Does anyone have a game I could join?

Morty's speech is also good - the "no one exists on purpose" one?

Rick and Morty's Morty? I could never get past that digusting burping tic in the pilot episode.

I'd invite you to mine but I only play IRL

youtube.com/watch?v=E_qvy82U4RE

This speech.

I prefer Death from Discworld at the end of Hogfather for my existentialist good characters
youtu.be/AnaQXJmpwM4

I'm an accident too, apparently, or so my sister says!

Being just a healer is actively making things more dangerous for the party.

My brother.

Depends on the healer, a vitalist could probably be just a healer just fine. Oradin is a good healer, but they're definitely not just a healer.

How so?

I'm also buffing and the game's population is 50% living and 50% undead, so I'm pretty confident I'll have some role in blasting and scouting.

Also didn't answer my question, only criticize my role.

Only Vitalist and Zealot are legitimate choices for a damage prevention/reversal.

Buffing is not "just healing". Buffing/Battlefield Control/Healing is fine.

Also Reactive Healing.

>first time DMing
>hasn't held a session 0 yet

Dude.

Listen idiot, it doesn't make any fucking sense. Stop asking for logic that doesn't fucking exist in the first and invent your own.

On a more serious note, positive energy and negative energy are not literally life force. Living creatures are like plants: they photosynthesize positive energy into life force, too much positive energy is deadly radiation (see positive energy plane traits, solar dragons channel radiation). Undead cannot photosynthesize, so the energy just accumulates until it burns. Negative energy only ever drains and redirects life force: you can drain refined life force from your environment and optionally funnel it into undead. Negative energy is an absence of energy, not its own energy.

Or at least that's my best attempt to salvage it. Try 5e or 13th if you want logic.

Session 0 isn't necessary if you trust your players. I've yet to run a session 0, though that's not to say it's worthless. I can definitely see its use. It's just all my players are in different states so when we all get together we just want to play.

From the description the guy gave, he doesn't know how the players are gonna be, and it sounds like they either hadn't built characters or had built them independently, which can be brutal for a GM to deal with on their first go.

For me, even with my irl group I've played with and GM'd for for years, I still hold session 0s for the sake of A) getting an idea of what their characters are going to be like, B) getting the party into the mindset of cooperating, including a basic rundown of the initial scenario, and finally C) making sure nobody did something horribly stupid like build an antipaladin for a "let's go save the villagers!" game.

I never said I was just healing, just being a bit of a healslut. My heals just come attached with buffs.

My necromancer has battlefield control down. 12 6HD 40RP undead with 4 arms and grab. I still have a little battlefield control, though.

Session 0 is always good, there's never going to be a group of people that 100% know all the rules. And sometimes you can depend on one of your crazies to be able to recite every core class's scaling and features including spell tables by heart, leading to speedy creation.

The most important thing is that you find out what level of play your group is at. This is extremely useful for a GM but also helpful for players who don't know how low they should be aiming.

Ignoring the hyperbole that's me, actually. I had a lot of 3.5 rules memorized, just like I had a lot of OWoD MET rules memorized.

That's not hyperbole, spell tables are easily memorizable by their pattern, which are consistent between spell levels. Like the wizard's, cleric's and druid's spell progression pattern is 1/2/2/3/3/3/4~, and that applies to every level of spells you get except cantrips, which nobody cares about.

Yup, I recently made a ertw beguiler kitsune who took the 3.5 vows of nonviolence and peace. The plan was enchantment magic with a couple ways to pierce immunity so that everyone would be happy and if the enemy was far too evil to let live she'd turn them into animals or make them feebleminded.

If you channel positive energy in the air, is it a sphere?

yes

it's still graph paper

Pretty dark.

Right, the move maintain is to pin. The standard and swift grapple would still net 2 doubled unarmed attacks.
Also, Tetori gets constrict at 15, and Final Embrace requires being a naga or serpent. But other than that it seems my order of operations was correct?

need advice guys...
trying to build myself an arcanist for an upcoming Iron Gods campaign.

Not sure if I should go with Twilight Sage, School Savant or Vanilla.

Twilight Sage's Consume Life will obviously blow with constructs, but no idea how many there will be. I like the sound of School Savant, but 3 exploits and the first one at lvl 5? Seems quite expensive.

Opinions?

Available stats are: 8, 8, 10, 15, 17, 18

School Savant is an incredible option, since it gives you access to more spells prepared each day, and the level 5 exploit is not that expensive considering there are only about 5 really good exploits anyway.

As for stats, assuming those are before racials, the 18 should obviously go to Int. Charisma is surprisingly unnecessary for an Arcanist, since the exploits that use Cha are pretty bad. In the end, I would run 8 Str, 17 Dex, 15 Con, 18 Int, 10 Wis, 8 Cha, and probably pick Human to pump Int to 20 without harming Con like an Elf would.

thanks mate. what school would you suggest? admixture or teleport?

Definitely teleport if it's just between those two. Foresight is probably the best one though if you're open to divination.

anyone got any stuff related to cooking?

i wanted to make a hunter that actively cooks, both what he has caught and just regular meals for breakfast and supper, etc. just to get away from "i strike a ration of my list" into camping out in the woods being more engaging and fun. but i don't have a whole lot of recipes on hand right now, and just general inspiration would be nice

love the powers, but having to prepare divination spells in that extra slot sucks, IMHO

>Illumination: Lux's offensive abilities mark all affected enemies with light energy for 6 seconds. Her basic attacks and Final Spark consume the mark, dealing 18 - 154 (based on level) (+ 20% AP) magic damage.

Well, there's always Dungeon Meshi.

...And what precisely are we to do with this information?

>imminent rape

Dude, here's my advice.

1 cup Lime Vodka, 1 cup Lemonade, 2 cups Sprite. Mix and drink. It's called a summer hummer, and if you're like me you'll find your tongue loosening in all sorts of wonderful ways.

Recipes vary wildly based around both the environment and the tools available at hand, especially in regards to camp cooking.

The Survival skill can be used to check and know what all is edible in the area and to gather them. Common recipes involve using hot coals, a clay or foil cooking thing to bury in the coals, and filling it with assorted meats, tubers, veggies, and ground spices all wropped in some manner of leafy edible vegitable, something like a cabbage, and heating them in the coals until fully cooked

Smoking meat can be simple, if overly time consuming, involving making a form of covered fire tent, feeding the fire with smoky wood, and having some way to let the meat soak in the smoke and heat. Salting and/or brining ahead of time is preferable, but also take a good long while

If you want quick food, stick to mammals since its easier to skin them than to pluck a fowl

What areas and locations do you plan on visiting, and what kind of creatures live there, if you don't mind me asking. that might help out

wrong thread bucko

>i wanted to make a hunter that actively cooks, both what he has caught and just regular meals for breakfast and supper, etc. just to get away from "i strike a ration of my list" into camping out in the woods being more engaging and fun. but i don't have a whole lot of recipes on hand right now, and just general inspiration would be nice

Profession (Cook), Knowledge (Nature) and Survival are literally everything you need to become a master chef in the wilderness.

One gives you the ability to consistently make good food, the second gives you the knowledge of what plants are herbs and which critters are especially delicious, and Survival helps you catch them in the first place.

>no K. Arcana for magical beasts, dragons, etc.
>no K. Dungeoneering for aberrations
P L E B E I A N
L E B E I A N P
E B E I A N P L
B E I A N P L E
E I A N P L E B
I A N P L E B E
A N P L E B E I
N P L E B E I A

NOBODY WANTS TO EAT ABERRATIONS YOU WEIRDO.

>Hasn't read Dungeon Meshi
People are looking for a cook here, not a cuck.

Says you. And that still leaves K. Arcana.

Dude, they're a delicacy in the east

>he DOESN'T want to eat Aberrations

Have you ever had an overstuffed gibbering mouther liver? It's delicious.

Oh my *god* you guys are DORKS.

It's like calamari, except there's more of it, it's everywhere, it grows while you eat and may do terrible things to your mind if you stay in the room while it cooks.

>implying Ochre Jelly Souffle wouldn't be great
>implying a properly seasoned Aboleth calamari with scalloped tojanida, some diced onions, and tomatillios wouldn't make for an amazing dungeon ceviche
whatever dork

>Oh my *god* you guys are DORKS
>says the guy in the pathfinder thread, on Veeky Forums

do you know where you are, friend?

Is everyone responding to this now? I'm responding to this now.

>is posting on Veeky Forums
>is implying surprise that we are dorks
>is implying he isn't

>Oh my *god* you guys are DORKS
nice blogposting. liked, commented, and subscribed

>Oh gosh user, why your such a loser

Wow, its just like in real life

I sure am, and I'm okay with that.

>Starting at 1st level, a knight-chandler can empower her attacks with a brilliant luminescence. Whenever the knight-chandler hits a creature with an attack, she can choose to have her target become outlined as if by a faerie fire spell, with a caster level equal to the knight-chandler’s initiator level. Successive uses of this ability against the same creature do not stack; instead, they extend the duration.

Okay

Hey guys, if I wanted to play a Bretonnian Grail Knight would the Knight-Chandler be my best analogue?

I see, you're pointing out the thematic similarity?

Nah there is a Skald archetype based on Arthurian legend, check it out:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/skald/archetypes/paizo---skald-archetypes/battle-scion-skald-archetype

>Once and Future Scion (Su)

Damn they weren't even trying to hide it, weren't they.

Question is, why is the Arthurian Knight archetype for Skald when it *should* be for the Cavalier?

How about this?

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/book-of-marvelous-recipes

What would be the most appropriate mystery for an oracle of Shelyn? Wind?

>28.8k for a book that is almost entirely worthless outside of fluff

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Why didn't they make this 4k?

Life. Shelyn loves babies more than she loves sex.

Because fuck martials. Skald has spells.