Bitcoin is sucking everything up its ass. Alts getting slaughtered

Bitcoin is sucking everything up its ass. Alts getting slaughtered...

What is the smart thing to do in this situation? Is it time to buy alts? Turn off computer and wait for things to return to normal? Consolidate everything into btc?

What's the best thing you can do when btc rallies like this?

wait it out

either sit on current alt holds
buy alts while theyre on sale
or sell at a loss and try to make it up by hoping BTC doesn't crash (which it will)

Post a pink wojak and pretend like it's not.

Except REQ

if you want to grow btc, buy alts while they're low. i think. honestly when btc corrects i have no idea what the alt market will do. maybe they'll hold, maybe not.

BTC hitting resistance at 14k, alts will slowly rise again now

Normie money is pouring into bitcoin overtaking supply, once they run out of money and realize you can't cash out it will crash big time.

>Cant cash out
>Crash

Pick one

Hold your alts right now and don't sell until they hit a new ATH in satoshi value. Just be patient. If your alts are good picks they WILL go back up and you won't have missed any gains BTC-wise. If you FOMO everything into bitcoin at a loss when it's at an ATH, you're shooting yourself in the mouth

put you moneyz in bitconnect

would that have been a bad approach to take earlier in the day before the massive push to 14k+?

buy XMR and ETH

This, buy alts with your ETH and wait it out. Youll be happy.

this meme always comes out of nowhere

If you can time the market perfectly or you can anticipate a BTC pump in advance, obviously you'll make the maximum gains possible. But if you mess up you could miss a moon mission on one of your alts (See: anons who sold IOTA between $1-2). If you picked your alts for the long term just wait it out, on the other hand if you had a small day trade going it's probably better to cut your losses on that and buy more of your long holds while they're on sale.

Alts have been green like it's spring all over again. I'd go in alts OP, perhaps it's bad today but lately they've been growing like crazy.

this, you will likely not beat the market. just chillax, perhaps take some BTC gains next time if you're feeling conservative

By the time ETH transfers this curse will likely be lifted and it won't be buy season anymore

I'll give you guys a little hint, its all about BTC dominance. BTC dominance represents the total amount of capital invested in BTC in relation to the rest of the market. As of right now its sitting at around 62%.

The best time to invest in Alts is when BTC peaks in dominance. So the worst time was in June when BTC was 35%.

In short, there is 2 things you can do if you hold alts:

1) Sell and convert back to BTC, anticipating a further significant rise in BTC value

2) Hold

That's all you can do. If you look at the USD value of alts, you'll see many of them have been staying relatively stable. This means that its the altcoin itself is not losing value, its just the value of it RELATIVE TO BTC, and the fact that BTC is rising so fast.

So for alot of us that invested when BTC was lower in dominance, just relax if you can. Eventually the new money in btc will flow back to alts, it just might take awhile.

Do you know what a Bankrun is?

You could own BTC.

Taking a 10% haircut on your alt is a small price to pay for the OPTION of mooning x10. Bitcoin goes up 30 percent and absorbs billions in capital from alts. Now alts are cheaper relative to bitcoin. The next day your random shit alt moons 50 percent because some cuck decided 15k BTC price is too much and he wants to go back into Ark.

If you didn't sell and convert to BTC before it mooned then hold. The best you can do at this point is look at your list o holdings and see how many %btc each has gained or lost. If you take some of the ones that have lost the least % in BTC value and buy some that have lost more then when things recover (providing they are good alts and you have faith in them tech wise) then you will now own more satoshis than you did before providing things go back to relatively what they were before.
In an ideal world, you sell all your alts as BTC is mooning and buy back into them right now when it has reached its apparent top. You could gain however many % in BTC value they lost in the number of tokens if you did that. Second best is the method I gave above where you will make the difference in %lost between the alt that's losing least being sold and buying the one that's losing more.
>Math.
Anybody selling alts now is about to lose a lot of their btc value when they go back up and a lot of fiat value too as a result. They will recover.

You can just try and sell now and rebuy if you think btc is going up to make small gains but its not really worth it.

SALT. Buy SALT.

SALT is one of the few alts that's not being hurt in btc's bullrun, plus I already own alot of SALT thankfully

>spend the last few months reading about cryptocurrencies, investment options, etc.
>watch as bitcoin continues to rise
Did I miss out on the prime opportunity to invest in Bitcoin, or do I invest into it or ethereum and transfer to altcoins?

smart. I'd hold whatever ETH you have, it's going to go back up. The price looks nice, people are going to be hopping on it and riding the wave back to $450-480 range in the next day or two.

Holy shit there are actually some smart people on Veeky Forums

Considering all the intentionally bad advice I see given here it is a nice change of pace.