/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Tech recovery edition?

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Intro to Stocks
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/stock-and-bonds

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-07/lawmakers-plans-to-overhaul-fannie-and-freddie-come-into-focus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Earnings

This UGAZ bag...

It only gets heavier

I dont know wtf Ugaz is but I trade Natgas futures and it only right now entered the buy zone

time to all in on MU?

Bought 30 shares of IGC! Legal weed is going to fund my retirement!

R-right, guys?

Uranium blast off when? Say when damnit!!!!!!

Its litterly a weed. Long term people are just going to grow there own, then again a lot of stoners are lazy fucks so there wll probably always be a market for it.

Yahoo has been playing some games the past couple days. Showing pre market way down when it's actually up. What's the motive? It's been accurate everyday for years until this week.

I'm talking the indices always shown at top. all show red. but if you check nasdaq.com it's up. if you look at spy dia etc they are up.

its getting colder that means natural gas has to go up right guys?! RIGHT?

>stocktwats

> UGAZ down 7%
This is why you don't buy ETF's the gas company I bought is down .4% on premarket which I sold just know for a loss of like 30 dollars (I had 10k in it)
> t-the seller's will regret selling!

Maybe. Demand is very high though. There is some concern that the Canadian growers might not have enough stock ready to meet projected demand when legalization is official next July. Also lots of interest on both medical and recreational sides for extracts and oils, vape liquid and so on. I think a long hold on any established grower or extraction lab is a win at this point.

You can grow your own vegetables but you're probably too lazy to sustain yourself year round with fresh, organic, non corporate vegetables, aren't you

MRNS cup and handle breakout engaged. Been telling you fucks for weeks. No one to blame but yourself for missing these gains.

MRNS nigga!

wtf AHHHHHHHHHH. I ignored this shit yesterday because it looked like some bullshit pharma

I though technical analysis was a virgin meme AHHHHH

Whats the good exit point?

See that's your problem, you're not even supposed to know what the company does. Its not like I actually care about this company, I just wanted some money for cocaine this weekend.

I'm looking at $10-12 short term. $20+ if your willing to hold into the next yr.

kek

im still in DPW. thought about shopping for some rope yesterday, and now i look back at the premarket price and im back .60 above my average cost. guess ill be getting some blow this weekend too

goddamn its worse than i thought. i got drunk after losing my shirt last night. i must have doubled down and bought more DPW after hours. im in a fucking meme company for like 20% of my portfolio. christ anons, i didnt ask for this. at least my avg cost is even lower i guess, but dammnit i should know better than to buy stocks when im blackout

With $15k BTC I feel like money will be slushing out of crypto and back into the blockchain stocks, probably next week. Watch for the pink wojacks on /biz this weekend that's the go sign for OSTK, MARA, SRAX, TEUM, DPW.

>MARA, SRAX, TEUM, DPW.
i hate that people think these faggot penny stock scam companies are "blockchain" now

OSTK is the only company there doing legit stuff with crypto

You can hate all you want but these charts have all been moving in patterns together recently. The market is dumb but we follow the market. Oh and I forgot RIOT.

MRNS

dpw makes power supplies. i already scalped them 4 times this week for daytrades. i doubled down on an extended hours limit order that went through this morning. i have no more daytrades left. im on this fucking ride whether i like it or not. someone hold me.,.

another winter another set of ugaz bagholders made.

Hope eveyone got RSYS while it was under a dollar

i did. its still under a dollar. unless it took off in the 10 seconds i was typing this

What's the deal?

:^)

Banking on cold weather at the start of an El Nino cycle...

My dude, I...

On the upswing all week, IMMU is looking decent too if you got in early

Check out BTL group on the Canadian venture exchange. They've actually partnered with companies like Visa and BP to develop blockchain related stuff. Stock has gone up like 10x this year, but its' still only 170 million market cap. Good thing is that they're not just a stupid miner like HIVE but actually doing proof of concept stuff with niggesr like Visa and BP. yhE

I bought some pxs stock thinking that it would grow back. It’s doing the exact opposite. should I just sell it?

Where's that one kid shilling retarded ugaz yesterday?

F

ugaz the jews

Okay well UGAZ fucked me.

Need another meme

15 minutes until inventory numbers are released. You idiots are going to be sorry that you didn't buy. Natural gas prices are crashing through the floor. This is the opportunity of a monthtime.

yes. you missed pump earlier this week. volume dried up after it went to 12 and macheted back to 4. too many burned asses, everyone moved on

Alright im done with this MRNS. What's something else to look at?

what now sweetie?

Anyone playing Fannie Mae? Apparently it might moon in a few months because of some bill being worked on that might change it.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-07/lawmakers-plans-to-overhaul-fannie-and-freddie-come-into-focus

FNMA is the ticker. It's OTC so no Robincucks allowed

BUY IGC
ITS MEDICAL WEED NEXT TO A NAVY VETERAN HOSPITAL.

ITS BOOOMING
GET IN!
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

i dont know i just try to play breakouts. trying to buy stocks on fundamentals has only led me to ruins. ive given up on it. i look for volume, check my indicators, then i buy fear and sell greed. so far so good. completely turned my portfolio around

MU is makin the come up

Any resources you use to reference or learned from? Interested.

It seems I've missed the moon :( i didnt listen

Thank god you guys are still around, I'll be joining you soon when crypto is kill because of bitcoin

if the crypto clowns keep mooning btc everyday the exchanges aren't going to let it trade because the market makers won't mess with something that volatile

This guy gets it. See the good news it's bad, because you have to sell after the good news, but we really like bad news because that's when we get to make our new purchases.

Idxg

I sold my MU for a lost a week ago and now I bought back in

Im either a madman or retarded

I don't smoke anymore and haven't in at least ten years, but growing weed is actually quite a significant pain in the ass and most people don't do it, legal or not. It's a pretty cheap habit, too, unless you're a NEET.

Are you guys going to make me find my own meme today? Fine, I guess I should give you guys a new meme to fuck around with.

AMRS still pointing. I don't know how much more of this I can take before I off myself.

Still plummeting, rather.

well at first, like i said i used to do DD on everything, and i was using real money. shit idea, i missed tons of breaks when they were about to happen, and i held long on many thngs i shouldnt have cuz LOL THEYR GUD COMPANY WHY EVERYONE SELL???

decided id had enough of eating my own dick and hit the library and internet HARD for resources on how to do technical analysis and use indicators effectively. did some paper trading for a couple weeks to test it out, made more "money" than i ever had giving a fuck about corporations and what they do, then put it to the REAL test.

sadly i couldnt tell you what books i looked at, because i filled several spiral notebooks with notes from whatever book i could find that seemed applicable. ended up making my own grimoire of sorts and i live by the fucking thing now. obviously the market is a vicious cunt, so it doesnt work all the time, but so far im making more than im losing. and compared to back when i was a wagecuck with no college degree, i make atleast 5x what i ever could have possibly made as a 9-5er with no qualifications. plus now i get to shitpost and fuck around all day.

this sounds like a joke, but look for videos of asians explaining the nitty gritty aspects of technical analysis and playing breakouts on youtube. asians are fucking autists about numbers and charts, and i remember one dude in particular, adam khoo i think, was really helpful when i was starting out learning technical analysis.

Get in this FET shit, we're going to grab some easy money in less than a week, but if it drops from where it's at $14 to 13.86 just cut the losses and find something new.

it's going into the mid $2 range

SOFO

Thank me tonorrow

buy high sell low

Forum Energy Technologies, so they probably sell energy drinks to NEETs trading block chain shit all night. Booming market right now.

>tech is finally recovering

Based on?

have you been in the thread the past few days?

there is so much dilution going on

Probably the 52 week low

its fine, we've seen this happen multiple times in the last 3 months then it goes to a higher high.
Look at the 3 month view.

fundamentals always win.
those who panic lose.
I scoop up more with every drop and get that comfy average.
Next years revenue is too enormous to ignore.
Easiest buy ive ever made.
#AMRSnChill

Lol "amrs dilution"
This has been proven wrong by 10 diff knowledgeable people by now.
Ignore the troll

>fundamentals always win.
not when they are diluting faster than retarded retail can buy

one day you will learn stock price doesn't always follow fundamentals

keep holding that bag user, just keep holding that bag and averaging down. Meanwhile there are other stocks that are going up that you can make money on.

Why

>This has been proven wrong by 10 diff knowledgeable people by now.
says the stock price

how about you do the research yourself instead of listening to a blind pumper.

Just watch as the o/s and the float grow LMAO

Everyone knows SP doesn't follow fundamentals immediately, but they always do eventually.
And dilution isn't a real threat, that was someone's misunderstanding.

But thank you, ill keep averaging down and ill keep making 15 to 35% every year like the last 10 years, except next year ill be up 40% because AMRS is setting up better than any long ive ever seen.

all my indicators are saying its still overbought. what makes you think itll pop? personally i still think this has a bit to fall before it bottoms out

quit trolling dude.
you were proven wrong. move on.

I listened to the conference call AMRS put out (late mind you), and they all sounded like a bunch of slimy used car salesman. Genuinely one of the worst calls I've ever heard, regardless of the actual information they put out. Enough to drive me away from them pub

>you were proven wrong. move on.
says the stock price

good luck

kek nvm was looking at the wrong timescale and am a faggot. ill swing with ya for a day or so. just hesitant to hold anymore bags right now. gotta deal with this dpw shit first and i got no daytrades left, so i cant even do a stop loss on the same day without getting the SEC to seize up my fucking account. yall are lucky on robinhood that you can automatically block yourself from doing daytrades. schwab doesnt even tell ya how many you have unless you call up the brokerage and ask them

>AMRS defence force

Guys, you got married to a shit stock. It's been shilled here for two fucking years and hasn't done anything but R/S like 5 times.

Is MTBC worth holding onto? I'm down like 10%

they are using AMRS as a stock play, they have sooo much dilution lined up. i really don't get why people are pumping it so hard, maybe it's some outside group that has been hired to pump it to bring in liquidity? whatever it is, if there was any money actually interested in it, youd see more buy volume right now, but lately there has been alot of sell volume, doesn't make sense if it is such a good company imo

regardless of actual information?
That's all I care about.
expenses, revenue, future of the company.

Im only here to argue it merrtis and to stop spread of misinformation.
As someone with a decade of experience in actually making money, this one isn't very controversial.

The DD has been extensive here, and after all the back and forth AMRS still keeps looking better and better.

dilution isn't a problem, everyone keeps telling you you have basic misunderstandings

Crazy how all of you actually attack the only stock that has had DD in these threads.

so some shitty penny stock thats been in a downtrend for years, with no volume is going to pop tomorrow? fuck yourself

>That's all I care about.
>expenses, revenue, future of the company.
so you don't care about share structure? wow. kys

>dilution isn't a problem
says the stock price

I did my research. So I'm going to keep buying every dip. 40 billion dollar market within 2 years. Thanks for your concern.

Can you guys stop mentioning AMRS

Its the gayest shit ever, nobody wants your pump n dump stock

of course I care about stock structure.
We spent the last 3 days extensively analyzing it.
We all came to the same conclusion (including 2 financial professionals) - you don't know what you're talking about.

You need to read more and learn more.
ignorance isn't bliss in this world.

>We all came to the same conclusion (including 2 financial professionals) - you don't know what you're talking about.
ok buddy, i trade convertable notes all the time through actual brokers.. i have to make my orders on the phone and talk to broker dealers all the time about this exact subject, but yeah.. i don't know what im talking about

It's your money i don't care if you buy it but im not gunna have you fool people into thinking AMRS is a good buy at this level.

I hear fully diluted is 90m? first off that is WRONG there is 500,000,000 a/s
even if the fully diluted is 90m where do you think market cap will land with all that dilution? calculate that in with stock price. especially when right now there is only 42m o/s and 27 in the float?

You have no clue what you are talking about, but go ahead and keep follow blind pumpers AMRS will have spikes here and there due to big investors letting it breath but every spike will be met with huge sell offs all the way down under $1 until it reverse splits.

I've been in the market longer than you have even known about the market. You can't fool me with AMRS, the dilution is too much for it's fundamentals right now. PERIOD.

i might buy at $1 until then.. down she goes.

bring up AMRS and i will bring up dilution. stop trying to scam newbs into buying your bags faggot.

Jesus christ TSX traders really have a vendetta against Aurora Cannabis right now. The bullying and fud is unbelievable.

If you wanna buy in, it's down in the $6 range again. Last time it mid 6 it shot up 20% the following day.

Also obligatory bitcoin wtf holy shit.

So you're saying this company is going to go up 200x in 2 years? Fucking a man, that's like turning 5 grand into a million in 2 years. That is a better return than getting 1000 pairs of knee pads.

what about SQ? They are adopting bitcoin into their shit and have insane app download numbers on app stores. Very popular with the normies :)

Rate my portfolio
$5k AMD
$5k MU
$5k SQ

Am i going to make it

Oh, forgot to mention, it appears that Lithium Americas has finally hit its floor and is making a modest return to green today. Still waiting on announcement on when it will move from TSX to NYSE. Rumors say that should happen this month.

Is anyone except me still bag holding on LTBR?

You keep acting like you know something that we don't.
We went over it. many times over.

We explained it to you slowly.

you're ideas have been proven wrong, we've moved on.

Good talk.

They're all the same stock

mostly meme stocks but I'd say it depends on when you bought and when you plan on selling.

I'd also put more into SQ than AMD or MU since they are using bitcoin.