Accidental Magical Girl CYOA

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.
Campaigns, One-Shot quests, and general roleplaying are played in both the community's Discord server and the community IRC.
Characters can be rolled with the CYOA's purple PDF, and the Supplementary Combat System can be used for campaigns and PNP, as well as the AMGC system, which has its own similar character generation process.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.51 CHANGELOG (Important if you intend to update a character that was created with the CYOA writing prompt in mind): pastebin.com/ub28mT8t

Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle #MGPnP #Overcity
IC Shenanigans: #TheWand&Circlet #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool or #MGClass
rizon.net/chat

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns
discord gg/gee67

Last time, on Bishojou Senshi user-chan: →

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/sHda5hTD
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
pastebin.com/dZrDPVx9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

DISCLAIMER: This has yet to be properly updated to fit the current CYOA Edition. Some info in here may be out of date or no longer relevant.

This PDF is for AMGC 1.131, used for PnP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

AMGC 1.131 CHANGELOG: pastebin.com/sHda5hTD

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Torque's Google Docs Character Sheet
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

Corruption Module, for mechanics of a monstrous nature.

Fusion, for magical girls that are truly inseparable. At least, as long as the fusion lasts.

And lastly, the Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

SCS Core Rulebook for use with the CYOA.

SCS supplement covering Patrons, Fusion, Dark Magical Girls, Monster Girls (Natural and Corrupted), and a few monsters.

Updated. The bestiary has been expanded to include a number of additional monsters, and there have been a number of clarifications and patches for the core rulebook as well.

pastebin.com/dZrDPVx9

reposting 3am writing because last thread 404'd after i went to bed and because i shamelessly seek attention

What actually happened is that I misunderstood the conversation and thought it was about how no girl would EVER commit suicide, not just the ones with A Way Out.

Plus, there are narrative reasons to want to off yourself and use A Way Out, but they'd usually result in a long, depressing character arc where there's no percieved hope left.

>Maid prides themselves on sticking to QB's lore
No, I pride myself on making mechanics that can mesh well with lore, and not just QB's.

>a long, depressing characcter arc where there's no perceived hope left
Gives me an idea for one of mine's next character arc, thanks!~

Updated Teaser Pic from last few threads HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rolled 18, 2, 7, 5, 19, 3, 13, 12, 18, 1, 15, 3 = 116 (12d20)

Rolled 2, 7, 7, 1, 12, 13, 3, 14, 12, 9, 1, 20 = 101 (12d20)

Here. Some things you niggas may need.

And that's all for now. Your drama may be silly, but at least your characters and stories should be entertaining.

Rolled 13, 14, 12, 8, 10, 10, 12, 2, 10, 19, 2, 2 = 114 (12d20)

Thread not active?

AMGC creators don't know how to make a good game and.are shitty power hungry mods who need to unban Maid who tried to stick with the CYOA with QB's permission.

SCS is shit, will never live up to AMGC's popularity and it's creator is a lying sack of shit, a bully who can't get over being banned from a game about little girls.

[Generic attempt at devaluing opposition here]

[Insert support of argument, lacking evidence while insulting a specific creator here]

[Consdescending chiding suggesting that expressing any opinion at all is always worse than feigned neutrality]

All of these statements are true. Thank the goddamn lord AMGC mods have left.

Amen. Now we just need Maid to leave so this community can thrive in peace without them.

Maid is in the quarantine discord. We could just stop putting it in the op.

It's easy to stop but not easy for him to stop.

Is there anything AMGC originals have done that was good? I only see Ai-n show up to rant.
Did they gm? Did they really only show up to rip off QB?
I don't want to ask in the irc...

They used to GM a lot. As it got closer to the end, I hear they started only GMing for a few people. Mostly friends. But that was due to supposed pressuring and insults being thrown at them for whatever reason. I don't have all the details, but I did see and hear about A-in GMing and really wanted to be a part of one of his quests.

As for "ripping off QB"... No, they didn't rip him off. They tried to make a system to expand on what he had. Just like SCS did. QB has stated numerous times that he is fine with it and (I believe) gave permission for both to do it (Don't quote me on that last part).

So they weren't publicly GMing? Why were they mods then? Eh...
Thanks for telling me they did something new, though.

>Taking literal bait posts seriously.

It was funny when you were trying to bump the thread but now it needs to stop.

There was no permission to be given since it wasn't QB's to begin with. He expanded on a previous cyoa, and so others expanded on his version, and now others are expanding the current ones. Community projects work like that, no one owns it, and everyone can contribute to it. Why people don't understand this is beyond me.
They GM'd a lot and some players started being picky about quests, getting upset about aspects of them, then got upset when he would GM with friends. It got to him and he started becoming just player. Even after that people were messaging him, or saying in the thread they wanted him gone and so he obliged.

Here's the thing mate. You can play with who you want. You can tell people that you don't want them in your quests. They MOSTLY did it for friends at the end. And you're discounting the great length of time they just ran quest after quest and let anyone in if they were there.

If you were being PMd with insults and attacks, you'd exclude that person/those people from your quests too, wouldn't you?

They were all active GMs. Before them, the IRC was dead with less than five people in the room. They came, created characters, thought it would be fun to make it into a tabletop game and made it one. Thier main purpose was to play with each other more so than others but liked that others got involved. More people joined, disagreements were had, another system was created, trolling started against them in the thread and harassment in the irc and to them it wasn't worth it to stay. The original intent was to have fun with friends but when they tried, they got shat on or were too busy trying to mod.

Thread was inactive. No one actually care services about telling stories in the thread aside from two people. Everyone else only comes for the drama.

Err... I was meaning to link that one to I just fucked up is all.

I'm not trying to stir drama, I know fuckall about the old irc and figured it'd be better to ask here as user less someone takes me for a shitposter regular to the thread with my irc nick. Don't want a curiosity to be mistaken for anything else.
Thanks for the answers.

Rolled 19, 12, 15, 3, 16, 18, 8, 12, 4, 12, 4, 9 = 132 (12d20)

Rolled 15, 2, 16, 6, 8, 6, 2, 13, 14, 12, 20, 7 = 121 (12d20)

Rolled 5, 2, 3, 13, 3, 11, 6, 17, 18, 20, 15, 1 = 114 (12d20)

Everyone take it.

Rolled 10, 3, 15, 10, 7, 18, 6, 16, 3, 9, 17, 9 = 123 (12d20)

Rolled 12, 14, 2, 7, 14, 15, 19, 17, 5, 8, 8, 2 = 123 (12d20)

To you monster girls, how have you been managing your compulsions? Do you do it in the open, or do you keep it to yourselves so that the beacon doesn't hunt you down?

It seems like quite a few ignore it in rp or are managing it in secret.

My DMG does her best not to act on hers; in spite of this, she seems not to get along well with the vast majority of those she runs across. Too shifty, I guess, even if the shiftiness and paranoia is justified