US Senate Bill S.1241 to criminalize concealed ownership of bitcoin

On November 28, 2017, the US Senate, Committee of the Judiciary held a hearing regarding bill S.1241: Modernizing AML Laws to Combat Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. Despite little attention being given to digital currencies during the hearing, bill S.1241 itself would amend the definition of ‘financial institution’ in the United States Code to include digital currencies and digital exchanges. This could have alarming consequences for users of cryptocurrencies both in the US and abroad.

Who else here is all in Monero?

Other urls found in this thread:

themerkle.com/top-4-companies-providing-bitcoin-blockchain-analysis-services/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

all in on verge. way better and more private than monero.

about to run to 300$+ soon

prepeare your asses for Mimblewimble

Thank me later.

I love his meme

It'll be 2 years minimum before that would even maybe pass

No, 2018 is the year freedom begins to regulate bitcoin/crypto. Give is always late and will only target the most public crypto. Xmr will soar

That's two whole years of striking fear into normies and forcing them to buy Monero.

Gov

It should be illegal to hold link

how can you be more "private" than not being able to see balances

so are monerobros going to be the new flippening fags of 2018?

listen up dumbfucks. if btc dies, ALL OF OUR COINS WILL BE WORTH SHIT. so goddamn deluded

>implying anyone with concealed ownership of bitcoin gives a shit what the law says

Government can fuck right off.

>mimblewimble
>bulletproofs

>Monero will be at least 3k a year from now

I love you all guys

Invest invest invest everything you got now is our 1 shot at making it for life

DAILY REMINDER THERE ARE COMPANIES THAT SPECIALIZE IN BLOCKCHAIN ANALYSIS.

DAILY REMINDER MUST GOVERNMENTS HAVE TEAMS OF BLOCKCHAIN ANALYST.

GET OUT ALL PSEUDO ANONYMOUS COINS RIGHT NOW.

themerkle.com/top-4-companies-providing-bitcoin-blockchain-analysis-services/

>listen up dumbfucks. if btc dies, ALL OF OUR COINS WILL BE WORTH SHIT. so goddamn deluded

t. retard

Explain

You can't flip Monero for fiat, you have to flip it back to BTC then sell the BTC for fiat. If there's no BTC, then Monero has no actual value anymore. It's like trying to use a dollar bill after the USA has converted to euros

>you can't flip Monero for fiat

yah you can

retard alert

>You can't flip Monero for fiat
You can. Also

>not converting monero to drugs and then reselling these drugs for a even bigger profit

step up your game "traders"

Verge is shit since it forces you to pick between anonymous coin and anonymous operating system. Can't use both without compromising security.
Anyone actually serious about staying anonymous torifies their entire system, not individual applications.

>>listen up dumbfucks. if btc dies, ALL OF OUR COINS WILL BE WORTH SHIT. so goddamn deluded
>t. retard
>Explain

If Bitcoin gets replaced, nobody will ever trust a coin as a store of value for the remainder of your existence. It's Bitcoin or the death of crypto. I suggest you choose.

Hopefully, Mimblewimble gets developed and implemented before this becomes too big an issue.

LocalMonero.co

Ya sure. Keep telling yourself that. Cryptocurrency will just go away, we'll all pack our bags up and go home. If you had a brain you'd see Bitcoin is just paving the way for Monero. The IRS will make sure of that

>its bitcoin or nothing

okay you are a retard. did you just get into crypto last week kiddo?

Apart from that. Is there anywhere else you can buy or sell for fiat? Online preferably...strongly preferably

It won't go away. Autists will continue playing with coins worth nothing but normal human beings without brain damage won't invest in the Ponzi.

P2P Exchange sites to avoid centralized kike places like coinbase and bittrex

I think there is low traffic bur becoming more popular not sure how it works

This is retarded. Blockchains and smart contracts are a big step forward in automating many things that are now costly and cumbersome to make them more efficient and less costly. If you think crypto is just about decentralized shekels you're very ignorant and should go read some more. Utility tokens and smart contract ecosystem payment tokens will be something inbetween money and holding shares in a platform. Fuel for underlying blockchains will be stores of value (in part because its actually valuable in another way than hoping more suckers buy in) and better money than bitcoin ever was.

>We need to have absolute control over your currency at all times, because its not actually yours.
>Never know when we may need to steal it to pay for something you didn't vote on.
>Heaven forbid you try to escape inflation.

if bitcoin fails now, the market for those other applications will suffer tremendously for a long time.

>if bitcoin fails now, the market for those other applications will suffer tremendously for a long time.
No they won't. It will be very temporary. Smart money is mostly either in these "alts" or poised to buy into them. BTC is regarded as a speculative gambler's tulipcoin by industry.

Only the ignorant fomoers will lose faith in crypto when BTC crashes, and the vast vast majority of them weren't going to put something in anything else than BTC, so it's not a big loss for the rest of crypto.

>Smart money is mostly either in these "alts" or poised to buy into them. BTC is regarded as a speculative gambler's tulipcoin by industry.
it's sad how many people on biz actually believe this, like the whole market is gonna dump bitcoin and realize your scam erc20 binance tokens are the future of finance.

Legit Q: Are people buying Monero from exchanges where they have your ID and trading records? If so isn't that a trail that can't be erased?

Monero, Siacoin, Storj, etc.

Coins that actually have a use. Not some meme ICO. Will continue on.

Polinex doesn't require ID. But after you withdrawal from the exchange using an integrated address they have no fucking idea where your coins went or to whom.

>Terrorist Financing

I'll be happy to see you go

>Monero, Siacoin, Storj, etc.
>Coins that actually have a use. Not some meme ICO. Will continue on.
They would "continue on" at a fraction of their current value. all of crypto would be fucked for years if anything happens to bitcoin now.

Even so if you move Moneros to your private account they wouldn't know what happened if more or less comes out of it.

You could say you sent them to a friend in china or you got hacked. It's literally untraceable.

You have nothing to base that on but alright. Bitcoin has "failed" in the eyes of the mainstream at least 100 times now.

Yet again showing that you just got into crypto last week.

If you did this with Bitcoin this year, you would have likely made more money HODLing unless you're flipping like a madman.

It's not an issue I'll just cash out back to usd and be good. What's to worry about?

>This could have alarming consequences for users of cryptocurrencies both in the US and abroad.
>and abroad
Aren't they clever.

But user you can and there are also ETH markets? You are just scared since you are using BTC as reserve crypto currency. Monero could also be used as reserve, we just need an exchange which uses Monero as main trading pair to other coins. Once we have that there is no stopping this train.

>What's to worry about?
The tax man. If any of that cash out touches your bank account state side the IRS will know and you'll have some one show up at your door asking were you got it next tax audit. Same goes if you start buying high dollar items like houses, boats, or cars and the math on your tax return doesn't add up.

And this is what BTC shills keep saying again and again. "without BTC you can not cash out". Of course they conveniently ignoring that there are other coins these days with fiat pairs. YEN-MONA is one, ETH-USD, EUR-ETH is also one, there are prob even more. I keep hearing this shit argument over and over again. It's JUST NOT TRUE YOU LYING PIECE OF SHIT.

Im all in monero.
Just wait ledger nano add this coin in to the Wallet, the price will sky rocket

"freedom begins to regulate"

:(

The bald eagle cries

SEEN IT HAPPENING BEFORE IT EVEN HAPPENS

This has to be the stupidest thing I read today. If BTC goes down, exchanges will offer other pairs, uh? And there are already FIAT pairs for Monero, then there's LocalMonero, LiberalCoins, etc.

>okay you are a retard. did you just get into crypto last week kiddo?

Nice argument.

Tell me, if people invest in Bitcoin and then something else just comes along and takes over, who the hell will ever trust a coin as a long term store of value?

It would be like the US government issuing dollars 2.0, making everyone's current money worthless. Trust in the dollar as a valuable means of exchange would be lost.

Yeah I shoulda held, but at least the scrap BTC from a few years ago will be a good kilo or two of coke in a year

>US Senate Bill S.1241 to criminalize concealed ownership of something they have no way of finding out about

K.

If someone were to memorize their Bitcoin address and private key, the only proof of ownership would be in their mind. Good luck enforcing that.

>Only the ignorant fomoers will lose faith in crypto when BTC crashes, and the vast vast majority of them weren't going to put something in anything else than BTC, so it's not a big loss for the rest of crypto.

Ok so you don't think crypto is a threat to fiat. Got it, you're an idiot.

>not embedding multisig wallet keys into Nine Pieces of Eight each held by a Bitcoin Lord

>The IRS will make sure of that
This so much, you burgers are in for a rude awakening.

GDAX is also in the process of offering more fiat pairs for alts. The more this trend continues, the more Bitcoin will fade into irrelevance.

>Bitcoin has "failed" in the eyes of the mainstream at least 100 times now.

Absolute horseshit. They tried to meme that when they were still in the denial stage. Then they moved to the anger stage where they said Bitcoin is only used by criminals. Now we're at the bargaining stage, where they ask for blockchain tech, but without all that decentralization stuff.

Soon, it's off the depression and then acceptance.

I wanna FUCK Monero-san!!!

You mean Depression lol

The one thing that scares me about doing hidden keys is "what if one of the keys is destroyed?" An NFC chip breaks, a paper wallet burns, jet fuel can't melt steel wallets but it can warp them. I guess you could make a 3/5 wallet for some safety, or 8/9 for the meme but that sounds riskier.

It won't pass

Understand but I wonder if there is an underestimation of how paranoid the feds are about a currency like XMR and the lengths they might go. The funds might be safe but if they know who you are.

Who's deluded?

Tether will implode and take bitfinex with it - all that BTC/ETH will escape in to XMR. At that point the true king will rise to take the throne.

You're a fucking idiot, search USDT/XMR on Bittrex - buy some XMR and seek salvation

I'm long XMR right now stop saying this shit, if everyone on Veeky Forums starts saying something I want to do the opposite

Well that's fine, but know that I'm not a biz-tard. I actually own a business and have had two others. My net worth is above $200k and only 10% of that is crypto. Holding XMR is probably the best thing anyone in crypto could do right now.

>It's Bitcoin or the death of crypto. I suggest you choose.
bitcoinfags are this delusional lol, bitcoin will be pets.com, everyone will forget it even existed and the cryptoworld will go on. sure alts might tank, but strong ones like eth and monero will survive the bloodbath, just like amazon and google survived dot com crash.

Where is the best place to buy Monero that doesn't get sent right to your government ?

I'll bite. Bought 100k. But tor is a honey pot, three letter agencies watch every fag who downloads ;)

Probably LocalMonero.co, even though the traffic is still super low and doing in-person cash deals may be risky, depending on where you live.

Otherwise you buy BTC on LocalBitcoins and use a decentralized exchange.

Mining monero is quite profitable rn. Been doing it on my one RX 580 for a month now.

But since I bought a new prebuilt on black friday, I decided to step up my operation and ordered a new motherboard and a couple more graphics cards to mine this shit. I’m about to go balls deep.

This is my hedge against Bitcoin. If BTC fails, it’ll probably be due to some bureaucratic, regulation-related incident, and people will realize which coin is the logical next step to continue satoshi’s vision at least as far as a futuristic cyberpunk, untraceable unregulated cryptocurrency goes. It seems a lot of people but especially normies have forgotten this. BTC is still a meme “””investment””” to them.

I was using BTC to buy drugs since 2013 and now the tide has shifted to monero. Libertas market is an XMR-only marketplace. I love this fucking coin

>shapeshift Bitcoin through 10 different currencies, through Monero, and to a new BTC wallet

Wow that was hard

>use a decentralized exchange
Which one ? Whats the one with the most volume ?

Later this year, the whole cryptosphere will be a decentralized market after Ark polishes its smartbridge tech and in-wallet exchange.

Nice bro

I’m holding a few monero and really want to get more into it in general.

Any tips on mining Monero solo?

I want to buy some with bitcoin but using a centralized exchange kinda defeats the purpose. I don't know of a decentralized on to buy Monero on.

Could crash some of the market but I think a good 75% is legit non criminal. Then again the black market in 2012+ must literally have millions of btcs

Who needs ARK when there will be atomic swaps? At least those with SEGWIT/LN won't need ARK

Americans are niggers.

Wow you got us good

alphabet soup agencies watch everyone.

I tried to do the numbers on mining and monero was one of the better ones but still a bitch to turn a profit mining anything when you factor in rotating in and out new equipment and raising difficulty, also electric cost. I might get a small rig for hobby though.

Segwit and LN are the antithesis to blockchain.

>1605BTC, 8309 ETH , 3691 ZCash and an unknown amount of Monero.

JUST FUCK MY FBI UP SENPAI

pic related

Can someone post that image so I can save it. That's all you need to convince a smart person to invest in XMR.

>bragging about 200k
>I've made literally 11x that in crypto
>off a 80k initial investment 2 years ago
>and i own a business generating 3k net/month

stay cucked, reddit fag.